Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Uncle Salty posted:

Benny the Snake, what do you talk to girls about? Where are you going to meet girls? Who did you date or hook up with in college?
I'd rather keep my dating and sex life to myself, thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Benny, I'm still rooting for you here, so if you're spending all of your time on irc scheming up new ways to get laid, just keep that to yourself.

Edit: I suck at posting.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm sure that women would appreciate that.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Benny the Snake posted:

On behalf of humanity, please keep this up.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Aqua Bear posted:

you're spending all of your time on irc scheming up new ways to get laid, just keep that to yourself.

Edit: I suck at posting.

Isn't this an oxymoron, like Benny trying to get a job for real?

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

MassaShowtime posted:

I'm sure that women would appreciate that.

His hand is a bashful lover.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
Welp! This thread is nauseating, at this point. Benny is a complete waste of life and sack of poo poo. He doesn't have a single goal, hobby talent or interest. I really don't think he deserves a job, unemployment insurance or even basic healthcare. A white, male, Christian living in a west coast paradise who has had every opportunity, yet squandered life away.

Benny, it's important that you understand I don't hate you and think your a loser because you live at home and/or don't have a job. I think your a loser because you haven't even taken the time or effort to become mediocre at writing. (Your #1 passion)

You've got nothing else. You don't surf, skate, bike, fish or exercise in any way, shape or form.

I have friends who are considered "losers" because they're non-conformist. They work about 8-30 hours a week, skate, smoke pot, get drunk and live in hole-in-the-wall sublet rooms. They're nasty at skating. They make awesome videos and have an entire wall rack of raw footage.

They've traveled across the US shooting skate footage mixed with random jackassy shenanigans. How? They paid next to nothing for a broken down GMC van from a high school and had to beg for gas money on numerous occasions. Why? Because skating is their passion and they're willing to go hungry in order to make it happen.

So what's the point of all this? All that free time you had over the past year could have been used to write a goddamn book. A sloppy, mistake-filled book, but a book none the less. You could have written one page per day and had a 365 page book to sell for $2.25 on Ebay or some poo poo, but NOPE!

Are my friends gonna be pro skaters with mad sponsors and lots of publicity? Probably not.
Are you gonna be a best selling author? Probably not.

While the odds of them going pro are slim, they still have something cool to show for their lives and efforts.
While the odds of you becoming a best selling author are slim, you still could have a book to sell to a handful of stupid people for pennies on the dollar.

I'm throwing in the towel. I'm not giving up because your a loser with no job who lives at home. I'm giving up because your a loser who is a total bore with no goals or desires. You're a resource using drone, living in a hamster cage. You've never wanted or needed to care about anything. It's clear you drifted through college and whatever campaign you were part of.

Give up on the job search. You have literally nothing to bring to the workforce. You couldn't even be successful at dicking around the water cooler, because you have nothing to talk about. You're a glutinous sloth who takes life for granted. (I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe you could benefit from going back to church with your folks.) Paraplegic persons are strapping skis to their asses and shredding half pipes. People with no arms are learning to paint with their teeth. Meanwhile, Benny the Snake with his working arms and legs is sitting alone in his room browsing.

It's like you haven't even taken the effort to give yourself free will. You're like an animal just trying to survive. Eat, sleep, gently caress, no need for self-defense because the rest of society can provide that! At some age, kids realize "Hey, I don't really wanna do everything my parents tell me to do." so they start doing other stuff and going about life with their own free will. This point in life for you was last year, when your parents tried to take away your comics.

Even if you could have a job right now, why would you want one? So you can wake up, go to work, come home, eat, fall asleep, wake up, go to work, come home, eat, fall asleep?

Go be a street bum, because it'll be more fun, exciting, and rewarding, plus it'll give you more life experience than you get at home. Hell, go to church with your parents for gently caress sake. ANYTHING!

I'm done. Die in a pile of Cheetos, comic books and Mountain Dew, for all I care.

loving college education. People come here from war torn hellholes and live off oyster crackers, in order to get an American college education, so they can go back home, get a better job and provide.

Benny isn't even a failure. He's yet to actually try, let alone try and fail.

cname fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 3, 2014

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

cname posted:

Eat, sleep, gently caress

Well, two out of three ain't bad.

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

cname posted:

Benny isn't even a failure. He's yet to actually try, let alone try and fail.

Nah, the guy did fail at a bunch of stuff. Like Target.

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot
I'm convinced that Benny's calling is to be the human example that people wanting to gut unemployment and disability use.

Look at Benny the Snake! Everyone on unemployment is like this guy! Cut all entitlement programs!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I too hate the mentally ill.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Strategic Tea posted:

Welcome, brother.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
Said it once, will say it again.

Youtube videos, Benny. Introduce us to your world and all the characters in your life:

Your bro
Your mom
Your police officer uncle
etc.

Also, go back to the places you were fired and interview your coworkers and your bosses.

Take my advice and become famous. Don't, and stay a non-wage-slave, which would be such a waste.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Strategic Tea posted:

Affluenza is an ironic term. It's not actually a mental illness.

Advertiser
Mar 2, 2007
I'll sell you a dream....

gently caress da Mods posted:

Said it once, will say it again.

Youtube videos, Benny. Introduce us to your world and all the characters in your life:

Your bro
Your mom
Your police officer uncle
etc.

Also, go back to the places you were fired and interview your coworkers and your bosses.

Take my advice and become famous. Don't, and stay a non-wage-slave, which would be such a waste.

I will chip in $50 to make a Benny The Snake reality TV show happen.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
You guys want Benny to actually do something in this thread? Then buy him a big red custom-title. That's seriously why he keeps posting in here, because he is afraid that if he abandons the thread while it's still really active then someone will get really pissed and buy him a red title.

That's his biggest worry right now.

Let that sink in so you can get a perspective on this guy.

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Benny the Snake posted:

This game is so full of grammatical errors that it's comical.

Oh, Benny, it is...it really is :smith:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Benny is like a videogame character who is purposefully written as bumbling and incompetent. He's like a modern Leisure Suit Larry.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Bill Burr has met Benny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUqp09N44QY

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Anonymous Zebra posted:

You guys want Benny to actually do something in this thread? Then buy him a big red custom-title. That's seriously why he keeps posting in here, because he is afraid that if he abandons the thread while it's still really active then someone will get really pissed and buy him a red title.

That's his biggest worry right now.

Let that sink in so you can get a perspective on this guy.
No my biggest worry is how am I going to continue to afford my medication. I come back to this thread because I have to finish what I started.

EDIT: I applied to six places today. One of them is a clerical position through the school district. I'll be focusing on that one.

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 4, 2014

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
outside sources say you're most concerned with getting laid, man

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Benny the Snake posted:

I come back to this thread because I have to finish what I started.

Benny, I'm one of those rare creatures around these parts --an older goon. Not a Tokaii, nor even a Genesplicer, but up there. You think we could git r done while I'm still compos mentis, or at least alive? Don't wanna be sitting here in a wheelchair gumming oatmeal and making GBS threads myself still waiting for the beat to drop.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Grin and Tonic posted:

outside sources say you're most concerned with getting laid, man
Outside sources are wrong. That's the last thing on my mind right now.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I've asked before and you haven't answered, is your mom letting you keep your comic book collection in your house? And what are you doing with all of your time?

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
Even total failures and wastes of spaces deserve time to daydream about sexytimes, amirite?

Benny, have you been journaling lately? Maybe that would help you on several levels: you could figure out where you're going wrong (assuming that's something you even care about anymore - it is honestly hard to tell), account for your time better than just saying "i did some stuff" in a more detailed and nuanced way, and in the end, you would be practicing writing and could possibly sell a book in the end of turning your life around, written as you achieved it.

Or, I guess, just focus on that clerical job. I'm sure the lady smiled at you real nice as she took your aplication so you must have a chance there, right?

Did you get those mock interviews from the employment help office? (Sorry, dont remem er what they call them out there). Did anything come of any of the meetings/classes/whatever you did?

I know there are a lot of questions here, please try and answer them all.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Aqua Bear posted:

I've asked before and you haven't answered, is your mom letting you keep your comic book collection in your house? And what are you doing with all of your time?
I still have all my stuff. My time is spent looking for work on top of whatever other tasks such as chores or errands I need to run. I try to find something to do because I can't stand doing nothing I have to keep myself busy. It's why I picked up writing and plan to enter the Thunderdome this week. I figure if I have so much time on my hands, I might as well spend it on something worthwhile.

I have a mock interview on Wednesday at the job center. I'm going to study the notes I took at the workshop to do my best.

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Feb 4, 2014

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Benny the Snake posted:

I have a mock interview...

As opposed to?

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Benny the Snake posted:

I can't stand doing nothing.

Don't say this kind of poo poo. Not after a whole year, Benny.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Benny the Snake posted:

I try to find something to do because I can't stand doing nothing.

steam just came out of my ears while i beat my own head with a meaty fist like a cartoon

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
You know, this thread just isn't funny anymore. What the gently caress.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Wangsbig posted:

steam just came out of my ears while i beat my own head with a meaty fist like a cartoon
Hindsight's a hell of a thing :doh:

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

Probably not worth bothering to post, but I just wanted to agree with the posters who suggested trying your luck at movie theaters. Since you like watching movies anyway, why not go online, fill out applications for the theaters you have locally and bring them in next time you go? If they have openings it would probably be a good job for you.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Benny the Snake posted:

Hindsight's a hell of a thing :doh:

Hindsight from... 3 days ago? What were you doing to do when you didn't get a job by Feb 1st?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Benny the Snake posted:

No my biggest worry is how am I going to continue to afford my medication. I come back to this thread because I have to finish what I started.

EDIT: I applied to six places today. One of them is a clerical position through the school district. I'll be focusing on that one.

What do you mean by focus?

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Darth123123 posted:

pounding his chest in front of the mirror and growling 'you got this benny' before writing to goons on the internet

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Darth123123 posted:

Calling repeatedly but forgetting any names, numbers, or other useful information he may receive because he doesn't write anything down, and when he does he can't write for poo poo anyways,

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
And the other side of focus is not getting too absorbed by one task or one object. Like, say, repeatedly applying to the Target that fired you within your probationary period and thinking it's progress. Benny the Snake, it's murder out there, I know. But if there's a WalMart or a CostCo where you are, apply there, too, if you haven't.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Benny the Snake posted:

No my biggest worry is how am I going to continue to afford my medication.

I am almost to the point where I'm gnawing on my keyboard in frustration. ALL those links I and others gave you for Rx help? You ignored them didn't you.

Jizznastics
Apr 1, 2012
irritating
Hey Benny, long time no see : ). Have you thought about getting on intense workout, it will help with your trying to get laid problems as giving you some good confidence for your interviews.

Have you every tried weigh lifting, if so what can you do exactly? lots of women like it when youget whats called "the pump" its a good feeling that your muscles get and they look big. if you want you can PM me details on your height weight and physical limitations and I could set up a good routine with you.

Benny don't pay a mind to the other goons who are straight up Insulting you, their entire rants are all their own self service to make themselves feel like they aren't a loser but you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starter Wiggin
Feb 1, 2009

Screw the enemy's gate man, I've got a fucking TAIL!
Do you know how crazy the ladies go for those?
Benny, you ever considered working for the government? Because they really like to say they're doing something, they're focusing on it, they're making solid effort, all while sitting there doing the same thing they've been doing all along (dicking around).

• Locked thread