Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Gator once again proves why he is the best character :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Bernardo Orel posted:

Gator once again proves why he is the best character :kimchi:

Well, the best core character.

Laure's always the best.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Looks like the latest is up.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

I knew we were missing someone. :getin:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well now I'm thoroughly confused about where everyone is and who's going to be fighting who.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009
Inside the finals area:
Baam, Koon amd Rak are up against Reflejo who is with Hwaryun.
Androssi and Hatsu are going to fight Vargrav + Mei.
Quatero and leeso are searching for Novick and Akraptor and Yeon are searching for Horyang, who are both hidden somewhere inside the area.

Disqualified before the final round, i.e. already on the ship Ro has prepared to escape: Miseng, Ran, Anak, Parekwel.

Sill in the waiting room: Vespa, Verdi, Dan, Prince, Goseng, Chang.

Inside the semifinal area: Ro, Laure, Wangnan, Beta, Sophia.

On the ship: Cassano, the fug rankers, the tournament organisers, emily, the traveler and a whole lot of other people.

???: Xiaxia (probably inside the finals area?)

And the blonde guy is somewhere together with his Hi-Tech stereo. I think thats about everyone.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Sorced posted:

Parekwel

Aw, no last minute SPEARBEARER REVOLUTION to save the day? :(

Sindai posted:

Well now I'm thoroughly confused about where everyone is and who's going to be fighting who.

Just sit back and trust in the Plan of Koon™, son.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Sindai posted:

It literally cannot be a Tower of God arc without some weird jumbled confusion about what's going on.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

All I know is Androssi is mad and has someone to fight and really that's all I need.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
You know what this series needs? Little maps like Oda's started putting in One Piece once the action gets going and there are 4+ groups running around so you can see where everyone is in relation to each other. It owns.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Sindai posted:

Sorced posted:

Inside the finals area:
Quatero and leeso are searching for Novick and Akraptor and Yeon are searching for Horyang, who are both hidden somewhere inside the area.

Disqualified before the final round, i.e. already on the ship Ro has prepared to escape: Miseng, Ran, Anak, Parekwel.

On the ship: Cassano, the fug rankers, the tournament organisers, emily, the traveler and a whole lot of other people.

And the blonde guy is somewhere together with his Hi-Tech stereo. I think thats about everyone.

To elaborate, Ship Leeso's team was going to summon Androssi; since they weren't removed from the battle area when they forfeit she still gets summoned. Koon thinks "It's fine. It's still possible." regarding getting their rescue mission done in 30 minutes because Androssi brings with her teleport hax: the item. See also the red glow in the last two panels.

Incidentally this is the first time since Crown Game that Koon+Rak+Baam are going to fight as a team!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I wasn't expecting Vargrav vs. Androssi but I'm so pumped for it now.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Sorced posted:

Inside the finals area:

When you need to track 35+ different characters in one fight I can't help but notice that the mortality rate has gone way way down since the start of story. Though maybe I should wait until the fight ends before I make comments like that :v:.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I dont remember who the redhead is. Yuuto.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

KoB posted:

I dont remember who the redhead is. Yuuto.

Hwa Ryun.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

New one up.

http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/s02-99/

Stuff's about to happen.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Guessin' that Reflejo and Mad Dog swapped clothes/places so that Baam would have more trouble.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Oh poo poo, Mad Dog damaged her clothes. That was a bad move. A very bad move :v: Also Rak was once again :3:

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Reflejo lookin kinda intimidating now with that long rear end sword thing

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
New Chap: http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/s02-100/1/

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Reflejo lookin even more intimidating now with that glorious hair

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/s02-101/?all

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/202-102/

:black101:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I still have no idea what the deal with Emile is

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Sleepy Owl posted:

I still have no idea what the deal with Emile is

In short: she was a failed initiation weapon, salvaged by and turned into something potentially more dangerous than any initiation weapon. As a result, she lost her human form (but apparently may still perceive herself as having one, if she didn't outright lie about it) and that stuff in the vial extracted by Cassano was basically her. The sheer potential for information manipulation by Emile has already been noted earlier in the storyline, and Koon was really worrying about it. In fact, the Workshop was planning to control the entire Tower through Emile. Also, Cassano has a plan to use Emile for social revolution of the Tower to make it less lovely.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I dunno if Cassano is really a social revolution kind of guy, though.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Serious Frolicking posted:

I dunno if Cassano is really a social revolution kind of guy, though.

He doesn't seem the sort for subtle political intrigue, no, but what he's planning is apparently a fundamental change for the better (by his own definition anyway). He speaks about wanting to change 'this screwed up tower'. And there's not much you can do with Emile other than social manipulation. And this is the guy who allied with FUG just to steal Emile (which in its own ways might actually be more dangerous than the Thorn the FUG were so desperately seeking). Just their respective goals speak for the differences in their scope of vision (get weapon to kill one guy at the top versus get tool to change the whole tower).

That doesn't mean that his means will be fair or justified, mind. I can easily see him going an extreme route.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Koon with the dastardly plans.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/02-103/1/

Edit: Holy Moly things are jumpin.

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 9, 2014

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
I can't remember where all these items and new powers came from

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

pinegala posted:

I can't remember where all these items and new powers came from

The first round with the guns.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Either that or they can spend points in-between rounds like how Rak did to get that new spear.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The tournament is being held by the workshop. The workshop makes weird poo poo. They made said weird poo poo available for purchase by participants with points. Even though making money isn't their primary concern here, advertising their stuff to potential customers certainly can't hurt.

I'm guessing the pipe was stolen from somewhere while he was running around in disguise.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hirethor posted:

Either that or they can spend points in-between rounds like how Rak did to get that new spear.

Koon's, Mad Dog's and Androssi's items were won from the first game though. The rest were bought.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

RatHat posted:

Koon's, Mad Dog's and Androssi's items were won from the first game though. The rest were bought.

It's hard to tell, in this chapter/translator he calls the knife 'Clear Dream Blade' but in One Shot One Opportunity-1 they call the light-bullet prize 'Divine Hourglass' and Batoto calls it 'White Heavenly Mirror'. I guess it's just translation issues.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Serious Frolicking posted:

The tournament is being held by the workshop. The workshop makes weird poo poo. They made said weird poo poo available for purchase by participants with points. Even though making money isn't their primary concern here, advertising their stuff to potential customers certainly can't hurt.

I'm guessing the pipe was stolen from somewhere while he was running around in disguise.

No the pipe is just a pipe, he was using it as a makeshift weapon before he met Leroro and filled the hollow inside with shinshoo to strengthen it, so he likes using it now I guess.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm reading this and I really like it, but almost every strip makes me think: "MAN, HxH is the best manga of this kind ever, I need to re-read that!"

I'm reading the 'tag, you're it' section right now, if that's what it's called. The part during which every person is assigned a role. So.... ARE there any other mangas of this kind apart from HxH? and does shinsoo use become more hxh-like? as it is, it seems fairly uncomplicated.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

redreader posted:

I'm reading this and I really like it, but almost every strip makes me think: "MAN, HxH is the best manga of this kind ever, I need to re-read that!"

I'm reading the 'tag, you're it' section right now, if that's what it's called. The part during which every person is assigned a role. So.... ARE there any other mangas of this kind apart from HxH? and does shinsoo use become more hxh-like? as it is, it seems fairly uncomplicated.

Not really. Most of the complexity seems to be reserved for the game strategies and the conspiracies.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Looks like this is on break for a week while SIU is getting his wrist checked out, in case anyone was wondering where this week's chapter was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
He really, reeeaaalllly needs to finish this arc and take off as much time as he needs to get surgery and fully recover. He's even said himself that his wrist doesn't allow him to tell the story quite how he wants, especially with fights. I've definitely noticed a drop in the quality of the action scenes and it's a little bothersome as a fan.