Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I want a four episode chunk right near the end of the third quarter where it's a pair of MOTW two-parters right before Zawame City explodes and the final arc begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

HKR posted:

Everything is so good and the plot keeps moving episode to episode.

Any time now I'm expecting them to go "Whelp we know how to cure the monsters now so we can go back to our two episode victim of the week formula!" but it hasn't happened yet.
Not with Urobutcher.

What's the over/under on the episode for a major character death? Kurokage doesn't count, he was B-list at best.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
Man seeing Gaim and co in crossover movies is really jarring considering how tragic everything is becoming in their own series.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I kinda like that all of this is happening in a movie where supposedly Takeshi Hongo is going to be giving Kouta poo poo about 'not being a real rider.' Like look buddy you kicked around for 8 episodes in 71. Get real dude.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rei_ posted:

I kinda like that all of this is happening in a movie where supposedly Takeshi Hongo is going to be giving Kouta poo poo about 'not being a real rider.' Like look buddy you kicked around for 8 episodes in 71. Get real dude.

There was a net movie for one of the SHT movies that was exactly this and I can't find it on Youtube.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Rei_ posted:

And FINALLY, the power of the Walnut Lockseed will be revealed!

http://i.4cdn.org/m/src/1390883903532.jpg

This is most likely going to be Zach(blank faceplate so it's a mass produced-belt and not one of the established riders, teaming up with Kaito who stole one last episode) which is kind of disappointing because the cast kind of have enough characters for the time being and there's no way I'm going to be able to care about them.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Of the two Kamen Riders, one severely injured himself riding a motorcycle and the other didn't actually have his motorcycle license when he joined the show. That's actually why Ichimonji has a henshin pose, since they couldn't film him riding the bike. In those episodes you'll notice Rider 2 has a long rear end mullet sticking out of the back of the helmet, since starting with Ichimonji they had to have a suit actor. Hiroshi Fujioka actually did all of his own stunts, which was somewhat forbidden after he busted up his leg during filming.

They also have a hell of a lot of scenes where Ichimonji is being filmed riding a bike that's clearly not moving, but they also start doing zanier stuff with models like having him drive up the side of skyscrapers and stuff.

71 Rider was really loving bizarre and experimental, and kind of a development trainwreck.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Rei_ posted:

It may only have been 13 episodes in 71, but he returned for another 47 before the series was done, as well as cameos in just about every successive Showa series. I'd say he's extremely real, and your incredulity is not really warranted.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Still going strong, and while the entire episode was essentially dedicated to Kouta's now developed sense of responsibility and burgeoning thirst for justice, the scene with DJ Sagara stands out as a solid establishment of his character and his quality.

Micchy's keeping things close to his chest, though, and I can't wait for Takatora to have a brotherly talk with him next week. I won't be surprised if he drifts even further away from Kouta, since it looks like he's going to be given a reveal he can't ignore. Also, really looking forward to the upcoming INVES CRIME SPREE.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

jonjonaug posted:

Here's a bunch more Gaim related scans from the /m/ thread that those were posted in. Linked for mega spoilers.

http://imgur.com/a/UHdJn

I didn't think it was possible for my hype levels for Gaim to get any higher but welp here we are.

Looks like the raiment upgrade is generic looking until it unfolds, which then shows the energy fruit used. It's not actually shaped like a fruit at all.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rei_ posted:

Of the two Kamen Riders, one severely injured himself riding a motorcycle and the other didn't actually have his motorcycle license when he joined the show. That's actually why Ichimonji has a henshin pose, since they couldn't film him riding the bike. In those episodes you'll notice Rider 2 has a long rear end mullet sticking out of the back of the helmet, since starting with Ichimonji they had to have a suit actor. Hiroshi Fujioka actually did all of his own stunts, which was somewhat forbidden after he busted up his leg during filming.

They also have a hell of a lot of scenes where Ichimonji is being filmed riding a bike that's clearly not moving, but they also start doing zanier stuff with models like having him drive up the side of skyscrapers and stuff.

71 Rider was really loving bizarre and experimental, and kind of a development trainwreck.

It's also why V3 is a lot better-same team, but after a BOAT LOAD of experience and continuing right after the momentum of the original series.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Apparently, the OST was released last month. Boy howdy.

I can't get over how good the music in this show is.

EDIT: Seriously

Runa fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jan 29, 2014

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Apparently, the OST was released last month. Boy howdy.

I can't get over how good the music in this show is.

EDIT: Seriously

I've been listening to it at work pretty often since it came out and I've not grown tired of it at all.

As a consequence I have this little earworm stuck in my head a lot though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPqRBsXS0iQ

Apollove
May 31, 2013
This OST is pretty great

Apollove fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 29, 2014

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Apollove posted:

Anyone know where I can torrent it hahahaha

Just Google "Kamen Raider Gaim OST", it should be one of the top results.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm pretty sure that's :filez:, you might wanna remove that message.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
HELLOOOOO, ZAWAME CITY! :allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That one track that plays whenever anything ~mysterious~ is going on reminds me so much of Madoka.

Edit: This si the one I meant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K0Le3YOANM

Also track 34 sounds like it should be from a Contra game.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 29, 2014

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Friendly (audio) reminder that Team Baron is full of a bunch of tryhard losers

Seriously, every time this song comes on it's hard to not start laughing.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
Gonna be honest, don't know if I like this soundtrack more than Kiva's or not. It's really tough cause I love both so much.

I will say this though, Track 30 is so heroic and good oh man.

Apollove fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 29, 2014

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

melodicwaffle posted:

Friendly (audio) reminder that Team Baron is full of a bunch of tryhard losers

Seriously, every time this song comes on it's hard to not start laughing.

I think it is a very, even perfectly, Kaito song.

What that means is up to the reader.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
When is the stream for the new episode?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

15 minutes. 45 for Gaim.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
Is there a link for it?

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Friendly reminder that Aesir released the music video for ExcitingXAttitude. I like it. They also released an HD version of Just Live More.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Gaim 16, man... WHAT DID MICCHY SEE

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Rei_ posted:

Gaim 16, man... WHAT DID MICCHY SEE

Such a dick move by the cameraman.

AND THAT PREVIEW!

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Every week, I think to myself "There's no way they can top that episode." AND THEY ALWAYS DO. I was literally screaming at the end there, that camera angle was crushing my soul.

Also I was secretly hoping Red Hot was just going to get destroyed there for a moment.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Is there a huge plot hole in this episode? I thought only Armored Riders could call out inves that weren't holograms while still holding control of the Lockseed.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Rei_ posted:

Is there a huge plot hole in this episode? I thought only Armored Riders could call out inves that weren't holograms while still holding control of the Lockseed.

I kinda missed it because my listening comprehension is complete garbage, but I think the Red Hot leader mentioned something about Sid; he might've given him a modified Lockseed or something? Especially since normal Lockseeds have never shorted out before this episode, if I'm remembering right. e: Never mind, I completely forgot "Sid" and "seed" are pronounced exactly the same and Thurm is probably right. Best guess.

melodicwaffle fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 2, 2014

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008

melodicwaffle posted:

I kinda missed it because my listening comprehension is complete garbage, but I think the Red Hot leader mentioned something about Sid; he might've given him a modified Lockseed or something? Especially since normal Lockseeds have never shorted out before this episode, if I'm remembering right. Best guess.

I think I heard Kaito mention the lock seed's limiter. So I'm guessing that Zack and Red Hot's leader's lock seeds had their limiters removed and that let them control the Inves.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Now that I've been watching Super Hero Time, I'm way more hyped about Gaim each week. The bit with Kouta fumbling with his new lockseed was a weird interlude of attempted humor in an otherwise serious episode, but everything else was pretty great. Gaim has taken a while for me to really start enjoying it, and while it's not unseating any of my favorites, it's still turning into a pretty solid show.

As for what Micchy saw: It's probably the meteor that sent the Worms to Earth. Likely a destroyed Zawame City. Keeping in with the parallel worlds theory.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Kaito tossed the Walnut lock to Zach as they were walking away, right? Barring a second Bravo twist, seems we know who Knuckle is. And speaking of Bravo, I think we'll be seeing the back of him very very soon, going by the preview.

If what Red Hot did in this episode escalates, Zawame might turn into Tokyo during Devil Survivor by the end.

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007
Glad I didn't give up on this series though if I had known Urobuchi was involved I probably wouldn't have doubted it in the first place. I wonder if there is anyone who is actually disappointed it wasn't about dancing?

Also in scanning through this thread I believe someone was asking about the sales of the toys? From what I understand they are doing gangbusters. I wish my son was older so I had an excuse to import them :)

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Gaim 16 with English subs is out.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
So theory time. I think Micchy, as per his namesake Mitsuhide, is going to betray his "lord", but I don't think it's just going to be Kouta. I think after working with his brother and Yggdrasil for a lot of the series, when things look their darkest, he's going to betray them and go back over to the side of Gaim, possibly losing his life in the process.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I don't even think we've established that Kouta is Oda Nobunaga even... I mean... They kinda rhyme. I guess?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Justin_Brett posted:

Kaito tossed the Walnut lock to Zach as they were walking away, right? Barring a second Bravo twist, seems we know who Knuckle is. And speaking of Bravo, I think we'll be seeing the back of him very very soon, going by the preview.

I was thinking this exact same thing. When Kaito escapes from Ryouma, he points out that the new Drivers aren't locked to people, meaning he took one. He himself wouldn't need it (we see him transform with the Driver with the Baron faceplate, so it's a safe bet he's using the same Driver as always), and there's no point in stealing for the sake of it...it's clearly for someone else. Zach/Peco is almost definitely Knuckle.

Also am I the only one that's warming up to Takatora more and more? His moment with Micchy here was cute. I expected him to be angry, I was surprised with how calm he was about the whole "my brother betrayed me and became a Rider" thing. He seemed even proud of Micchy deciding to fight.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

They're going to drag out the mystery of what lies at the bottom of that cliff for the rest of the series, aren't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008

Dexie posted:

They're going to drag out the mystery of what lies at the bottom of that cliff for the rest of the series, aren't they?

If Gaim followed the structure of the previous series I'd agree but with the fast pacing it has and that Urobuchi has apparently split the story into four story arcs I won't be suprised if the revelation is the climax of this arc.

• Locked thread