Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Ka0 posted:

Elaborate please, if this is true then perhaps finally I'll have a MP optimus.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/946001-collection-kingdom-ko-mp-10-optimus-prime.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Well drat, looks like I'm saving ~$270 + $70 shipping from scalpers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ka0 posted:

Well drat, looks like I'm saving ~$270 + $70 shipping from scalpers.

It's not scalping at this point. It's a very popular short run figure, of course the price has gone up.

But hey, I can leave mine in the package so I can enjoy a 400% return on him someday!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Transformers Animated is up on Brazilian Netflix! :woop:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
What's the portuguese word for "chin".

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ka0 posted:

What's the portuguese word for "chin".

Transformers: Queixos

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The_Doctor posted:

Transformers: Queixos

That's 'cheese'!

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Just realized that the upcoming Brainstorm will be the first new-mold Voyager figure of a Headmaster character. That head better turn into a little dude, HasTak. :colbert:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

An Angry Bug posted:

Just realized that the upcoming Brainstorm will be the first new-mold Voyager figure of a Headmaster character. That head better turn into a little dude, HasTak. :colbert:

Haven't they been firmly anti-Headmaster for decades now? The closest we got was Energon Omega Supremee, and even that was only because it had a smaller alternate head in case you lost the part.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

404GoonNotFound posted:

Haven't they been firmly anti-Headmaster for decades now? The closest we got was Energon Omega Supremee, and even that was only because it had a smaller alternate head in case you lost the part.

That's the solution then, smaller heads for everyone!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

404GoonNotFound posted:

I'd argue Armada Sideways was closer since not only did he have two transforming head minicons, but they also had something similar to the "stat display" gimmick the originals had given that they changed the faction symbol on his chest.

He also had the tiny default head. Designers didn't want kids to end up with a totally headless toy.

I'd like to see that character get a figure/appearance in generations/IDW. He's a fairly unique and interesting character, and probably the only good idea from that series. He's not a double agent, he's playing both sides to keep them in balance and make the war last as long as possible because he's some kind of Unicron spawn (it's never quite explained what he is) and Unicron runs on conflict and hatred.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Feeling stressed, bummed out? Tired, sad that you're not on vacation like 99.9% of the normal populace because you are a workaholic? Run out of booze? get yourself some plastic and some stickers and slap that poo poo together.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Transformers Animated is up on Brazilian Netflix! :woop:

And now Transformers Animated is up for preorder at Shout!

They also have just Season Three up for those who already have Seasons One and Two.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I went in to a local comic shop yesterday and they had a bunch of encore edition G1 stuff. I bought the Takara version of Sideswipe (Lambor) for $25.00. It had been opened and stickers applied but everything was in the box. Judging by eBay prices I got a pretty good deal.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Check your local Target to see if leader class Predaking is clearanced to $25.

I'm evil, I take two AA batteries but don't have any sound effects.

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 2, 2014

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
As they say in Albert Square, 'ave some of this, you slaaaaaags.

A pity they made him somewhat out of scale with MP08, as he does look rather fabulous otherwise. Can't imagine an official one improving on it at all.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Went to Target, they had the wave with Scoop, Starscream, Skywarp and the Minicons.

I wanted the Minicons so that worked out well, but I saw ONE Goldfire over the holidays at various stores on the North Side of Chicago, no Skids or Waspinators.

I can just wait for BBTS to get of their rear end and distribute those two, but this must be frustrating for some people.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sentinel Red posted:

A pity they made him somewhat out of scale with MP08, as he does look rather fabulous otherwise. Can't imagine an official one improving on it at all.
So shiny. I still hope they do their own Grimlock, to scale and with a dino mode as articulated as this Slag.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
That Slag looks amaaaaazing and I hope it turns out to be.

Also, in this pic from the Super Bowl trailer, I like the autobot symbol on the parachute. Nice touch.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

TheDK posted:

Also, in this pic from the Super Bowl trailer, I like the autobot symbol on the parachute. Nice touch.

Goddamnit

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
That screenshot should be the entirety of the Wikipedia article for "Michael Bay."

Sentinel Red posted:

He does come with elevator shoes for Grimlock that make Grimlock the right height in comparison to Slag and MP-10. Not ideal, but they don't look too bad.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 2, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Eh I'm gonna have to keep my Scoria preorder, he looks so good.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Minicon team is super neato and is probably the best combiner Hasbro has put out in years. I get the feeling Heavytread picked the short straw when it came to positioning though...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Rage posted:

Goddamnit

What's not to love? Big rear end CGI robot blowing poo poo up with reckless abandon and smiling while doing so.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TheDK posted:

Oh he's wearing a robot trench coat too.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I saw what appears to be Lockdown's face the other day and well, at least the decepticons don't have bugfaces anymore. In fact it was kinda slick.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I have such mixed emotions about the new movie. The teaser just seemed like so much more of the same. But I'll go see it anyway.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
Trailer is up on Bays site now:
http://michaelbay.com/

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
That ship at the beginning of the teaser: does it look oddly Scorpion shaped to anyone else?
Edit: Which would be really funny given the first movie.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Eh, gently caress it, I'll go see it. It'll probably be bad, but Optimus Prime Rides A Robot Dinosaur.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Someone's day is going to get ruined.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

Eh, gently caress it, I'll go see it. It'll probably be bad, but Optimus Prime Rides A Robot Dinosaur.
Yeah pretty much, only thing stopping me is if it's forced 3d.

DoTM gave me the worst eyestrain headache I've had in decades.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Iced Cocoa posted:

Perfection!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Blackheart posted:

I saw what appears to be Lockdown's face the other day and well, at least the decepticons don't have bugfaces anymore. In fact it was kinda slick.
Got any pics?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Iced Cocoa posted:

Every time, I tell myself that I'm not going to see the new TF movie and every time they suck me in. Those assholes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

And Optimus-riding-Grimlock is also possible with the figures if that one leak was right.

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah pretty much, only thing stopping me is if it's forced 3d.

DoTM gave me the worst eyestrain headache I've had in decades.

What do you mean by "forced"? I'm asking this because DOTM was also cited as one of the best uses of 3D, and it also uses actual 3D cameras instead of post-conversion.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Optimus Prime, killed by a face. rip.

I'm so loving hyped.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The MSJ posted:

What do you mean by "forced"? I'm asking this because DOTM was also cited as one of the best uses of 3D, and it also uses actual 3D cameras instead of post-conversion.
Oh local theatres only had it in 3D for several weeks, so we were 'forced' to see it since the group made plans and you get the idea. I meant forced to see it in, this time I'll just pass.

I don't care for 3D and the eyestrain isn't worth it for me.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

That dastardly movie theater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rei_ posted:

Optimus Prime, killed by a face. rip.

Hahaha, holy poo poo, is Bay seriously going to kill Optimus in the second and fourth movies?