Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Just dodge them when they charge. You can roll sideways by tapping sprint/roll while holding to the side while aiming.
And then they just run into a wall and explode. Or they don't even make it to you and clip some railing/the floor and explode and take their Oxium with them. My point is that it's a hilarious dick move to anyone who doesn't know to grind mobdef for Oxium and thus would be running random Corpus missions to get the ospreys to spawn (which they don't spawn all that often).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
It's so stupid that there's nothing that deals with people just standing afk through a mission.

The last guy spawned on the afk guys at the start of the level and to his credit did run his way through the whole thing and caught up in time to get a few kills. The one kill from xxradiancexx I can guarantee was from his sentinel.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Elysiume posted:

It's so stupid that there's nothing that deals with people just standing afk through a mission at all.

The last guy spawned on the afk guys at the start of the level and to his credit did run his way through the whole thing and caught up in time to get a few kills. The one kill from xxradiancexx I can guarantee was from his sentinel.

Last I heard they're planning to implement a reputation system, like you give good/bad rep to your team after a mission.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Insert name here posted:

And then they just run into a wall and explode. Or they don't even make it to you and clip some railing/the floor and explode and take their Oxium with them. My point is that it's a hilarious dick move to anyone who doesn't know to grind mobdef for Oxium and thus would be running random Corpus missions to get the ospreys to spawn (which they don't spawn all that often).

Without lag they don't explode unless they hit you.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Without lag they don't explode unless they hit you.
That's definitely not true because I watched multiple ospreys kill themselves on walls while playing solo.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

animaCartographer posted:

Just hopped on today and Eris is now 100% grineer. :smithicide:

Is it just me, or does it seem like nobody wants anything but grineer missions? Because honestly, I could live never having to play another grineer mission again.

DE will probably do a major event to reset the absolute Grineer map domination.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

animaCartographer posted:

Just hopped on today and Eris is now 100% grineer. :smithicide:

Is it just me, or does it seem like nobody wants anything but grineer missions? Because honestly, I could live never having to play another grineer mission again.

Grineer dominance is inevitable. :smugdog:

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

JayJay posted:

drat, I only played this game a few hours a few months ago. But now I am confused as hell. I logged in and whenever I click my name up top, it says im ready to be tested for the next rank. But when I click yes, it says I have to wait 24 hours. The gently caress? Should I just do some random maps instead?

I think the game treats the first tutorial thingy as a test.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Goddamn, just partying up for the past 5 hours or so with 3 friends and we've gotten at least 4 Forma blueprints and a full Mag Prime set. Not a bad night :toot:

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

wid posted:

Last I heard they're planning to implement a reputation system, like you give good/bad rep to your team after a mission.
This could be pretty sweet, but we all know people will abuse the hell out of it unless there are limitations. I like the way Final Fantasy 14 does it. Only members of your dungeon party that aren't part of a premade can give reputation after a mission. So only people that get matched up as individuals.

I'd hate to see it turn into another hugbox like the forums, which removed the dislike button for posts.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

VAUBAN SYSTEMS ALERT ON PC FOR THE NEXT HALF HOUR
:black101: Come to me, my precious, let us make beautiful slowdown together.

Objectivist Rapist
Mar 25, 2007

Rape is a construct
and I'm an engineer
Second time today his systems are up for PC reward, too.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
Vauban is seriously the most hilarious frame to play as. If someone on your team is standing still for any reason, just point at them and mash 1 until you are out of energy. When they get close to enemies it will kill them and give you the xp (though it all goes to frame, so its bad if you have weapons to level.)

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
If a player is AFK, you can kite the enemies to them for a kill, but it takes some time/effort to do. Then of course let them bleed out and assume the teabagging pose.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I like sticking bounce pads to people. Sticking bounce pads to the elevator consoles to bounce people out when they press the button is fun too.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Join pubgame, throw Vortex at capture target. Leave. Repeat.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Hog Butcher posted:

Join pubgame, throw Vortex at capture target. Leave. Repeat.

For the uninitiated, knocking a capture target into the abyss with a Kestrel can produce similar results.

Have fun!

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Wow, the Trinity is disgustingly underwhelming. :suicide: It's first two abilites are pretty cool in theory. Health from shooting a dude, and energy radiating from some hapless chump held in midair.

That's when the targetting isn't absolutely useless and keeps buzzing, INVALID TARGET at you 90% of the time. Even while someone is stood still, shooting you in the face, or you're aiming into a infected horde. :argh: Hell. Making the healing / energy radiate from Trinity itself, or some sort of stationary marker would be less of a pain in the rear end.

The worst part though is turning on the player info bars to know when to use Blessing. So many people at rank 0 with no mods equipped in higher level missions. How the hell do you even get past the starter planet without wondering how to slot in those pretty cards you picked up so you have more than 150 shields or HP? :psyduck:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

PUBBIES

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

limited posted:

Wow, the Trinity is disgustingly underwhelming. :suicide: It's first two abilites are pretty cool in theory. Health from shooting a dude, and energy radiating from some hapless chump held in midair.

That's when the targetting isn't absolutely useless and keeps buzzing, INVALID TARGET at you 90% of the time. Even while someone is stood still, shooting you in the face, or you're aiming into a infected horde. :argh: Hell. Making the healing / energy radiate from Trinity itself, or some sort of stationary marker would be less of a pain in the rear end.

The worst part though is turning on the player info bars to know when to use Blessing. So many people at rank 0 with no mods equipped in higher level missions. How the hell do you even get past the starter planet without wondering how to slot in those pretty cards you picked up so you have more than 150 shields or HP? :psyduck:

There are two parts to being a good Trinity in pub games. The first is Link and the second is a Galantine.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

raverrn posted:

There are two parts to being a good Trinity in pub games. The first is Link and the second is a Galantine.

Infinite Blessing is another option. With the right setup I think you only need two Energy Siphons to do it without pickups.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

raverrn posted:

Yeah. I've already maxed out Link, plus range & duration so I can run around being a dick for longer between refreshing. I'll have to give this a go. Got a Hek cooking right now ( Can't remember what part of my brain ignored the Sobek :psyduck: ) so I can pair them up.

I've got Melee Channel as well. So that's 70+ points of extra damage just getting close enough to swing.

VVVV Yeah. The RNG sucks. A kind goon gave me my first Serration. It's incredible how just that one mod turns a decent weapon into a murder machine. In the meantime I had like 4-5 Point Blank mods.

limited fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 2, 2014

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Male Man posted:

Infinite Blessing is another option. With the right setup I think you only need two Energy Siphons to do it without pickups.

It is, but in a pub game I'd rather have the capacity to kill over making my useless team invincible and still useless. Besides, Galantine.

Also, I've been playing this game since mods were a thing, and I found my first Flow mod last night.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

I got all three parts in two encounters total. Receiver on the first fight, both the barrel and the blueprint in the second fight. :toot:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I hate you, I have done so many Harvester attempts and have spawned him once and only by some weird miracle did we actually get anything, because I was lagging like a motherfucker and he rightfully should killed me at any point during the whole thing.

The game cockteased the hell out of me on the Harvester attempts today by spawning the Stalker instead and then having him not drop any blueprints at all. I need Despair to complete my collection you jerk :argh:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
At one point I had the Stalker spawn on me 3 times in a ~24 hour period while trying to get the Harvester to spawn. Each time I was trying to level up a lower level gun too so he kicked my rear end. :argh: I swear the best way to get the Stalker to show up is to switch off to a low level frame/weapon and only then will he show up to murder the hell out of you.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Insert name here posted:

At one point I had the Stalker spawn on me 3 times in a ~24 hour period while trying to get the Harvester to spawn. Each time I was trying to level up a lower level gun too so he kicked my rear end. :argh: I swear the best way to get the Stalker to show up is to switch off to a low level frame/weapon and only then will he show up to murder the hell out of you.

IIRC someone posted earlier listing that as one of the ways to make him show up more often, no joke.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I believe the stalker spawns at a level +15 of your highest level weapon, so if you have lower level stuff it will be easier for your teammates to kill him. He'll probably just murder you instantly if you try to take him on yourself unless he bugs out or something.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mercury_Storm posted:

I believe the stalker spawns at a level +15 of your highest level weapon, so if you have lower level stuff it will be easier for your teammates to kill him. He'll probably just murder you instantly if you try to take him on yourself unless he bugs out or something.

This will never happen due to melee weapons being a thing. It's always the Dual Zorens for me.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Goons who post gameplay GIFs, what's your method to screen cap and then export to smaller non-video files? FRAPS and a converter?

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

FRAPS and virtual dub work just fine.

I have yet to test Shadowplay on my new card :v:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Orokin catalyst alert up on PC. Todd, Phobos.

edit: And it's over.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 3, 2014

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer

Elysiume posted:

Orokin catalyst alert up on PC. Todd, Phobos.

edit: And it's over.

Yeah, that took no time at all.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Finagle posted:

Yeah, that took no time at all.

I was 4/5 missions in too :mad:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I'm now convinced that farming orokin cells is the worst part about this game. All the other rare mats are easy to get, but try to get orokin cells in any appreciable number? Nope. I've tried Saturn survival, Tethys, Kiste, some survival mission on Ceres and it's like pulling my hair out. Just ran a 40 minute ODS and got 2 or 3. Maybe that's what I have to do, but that's still annoying considering how I now have like 50 control modules from running T3 defense missions and Neurodes are a drop from invasions.

Ugh.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Speed-run Ruk, and also keep your eye out for the 3xOrokin Cell rewards for invasions that are semi-common.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
Gotta say, there's a lot of players out there that--

*Spams AoE for the entire match and rushes through getting every kill.*

Pubbies! :argh:

Calm down. That's what happens when you blitz through with an AoE class on a marginally difficult mission.

Your ninja numbers are not that important.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I rarely use Rhino stomp anymore because these days, I'm mostly formaing weapons to be better or making some old favorites more potent.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Ice Fist posted:

I'm now convinced that farming orokin cells is the worst part about this game. All the other rare mats are easy to get, but try to get orokin cells in any appreciable number? Nope. I've tried Saturn survival, Tethys, Kiste, some survival mission on Ceres and it's like pulling my hair out. Just ran a 40 minute ODS and got 2 or 3. Maybe that's what I have to do, but that's still annoying considering how I now have like 50 control modules from running T3 defense missions and Neurodes are a drop from invasions.

Ugh.

Have fun getting Neural Sensors, then...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Kaldaris posted:

Gotta say, there's a lot of players out there that--

*Spams AoE for the entire match and rushes through getting every kill.*

Pubbies! :argh:

Calm down. That's what happens when you blitz through with an AoE class on a marginally difficult mission.

Your ninja numbers are not that important.
Mine was a joke, the three "pubbies" were goons :ssh: