Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
There's a new Dads on. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Xealot posted:

My pedantic gripe: when Schmidt calls Cece's attempt to reach for vermouth "insanity." It's called a Manhattan. And it may not be an Old Fashioned, but it is not insane. :colbert:
Unless it was dry vermouth. Sweet vermouth is the one for Manhattans.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

BarbarousBertha posted:

Unless it was dry vermouth. Sweet vermouth is the one for Manhattans.

I really don't want to drag on the derail, but you can make a dry manhattan, or a perfect manhattan, with both sweet and dry, which is the best ever.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Xealot posted:

Pretty much. Give me a bottle of booze priced over $100 and it's like a dog staring at a supernova. Meanwhile, the difference between a lowest tier bourbon and something excellent like Bulleit is a mere $10-$15. You can definitely taste the difference there.

There is one exception: a friend was gifted some bottle of Jefferson's Presidential Select (a premium small batch of Jefferson's Reserve, that in this instance was aged 30 years and cost like $250 a bottle.) That poo poo was magical. Too bad I will never spend $250 on a bottle of bourbon, but that was just....gently caress.

My pedantic gripe: when Schmidt calls Cece's attempt to reach for vermouth "insanity." It's called a Manhattan. And it may not be an Old Fashioned, but it is not insane. :colbert:

You would still need bourbon or whiskey to make a Manhattan though. Just pouring a bunch of vermouth ontop of simple syrup and ice sounds loving terrible.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So this started early.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
That was amazing.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MondayHotDog posted:

That was amazing.

I love you.

:ocelot:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
"The Ford Fusion get double th-"

"SHUT UP"

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
hehe, "you've been talking about the car the whole drive, it's weird." pretty good product placement.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
So that was an ad for the Ford Fusion..

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I need more fire & ice.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

I'm Trojan horsing a bunch of models

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
God this show owns.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Is this show always this funny? Because this is pretty fuckin' funny so far.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

CapnAndy posted:

I just started it on Netflix a couple weeks ago, and I have to say yes. It takes a couple episodes to get its' groove but then it's going.

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012

CapnAndy posted:

yesh

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

der juicen posted:

I just started it on Netflix a couple weeks ago, and I have to say yes. It takes a couple episodes to get its' groove but then it's going.

I also binged through it on Netflix last year. Once you get into it you can't stop.

kami
Feb 10, 2004

GATTACA!!
GATTACA!!

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah its pretty drat good.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Do you like pancakes?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Haha Prince is gonna make pancakes

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Pancakes...Is Prince going to school someone in basketball?

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012
was that a callback to chappelle show?

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Guacamayo posted:

was that a callback to chappelle show?

I believe so. This is a good episode so far. Gad new people are getting to see it.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
All the 10's that Nick has dated have made him immune to models.

frontyardninja
Nov 5, 2005

Prince's eyebrows are freaking me out big time.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
Holy poo poo how can you be such a selfish wingman an ruin fire and ice like that...

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

frontyardninja posted:

Prince's eyebrows are freaking me out big time.

He never ages.

kami
Feb 10, 2004

GATTACA!!
GATTACA!!
Finish your pancake.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Holy poo poo Prince is intense

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
BTW if you guys never listened to the Dirty Mind album it's a masterpiece.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Don't be afraid.

BOO!

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I forget, did the Cece/Coach relationship officially end at some point?

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
If it did they certainly didn't make a big show of it, because I don't remember anything happening to end that.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
I watched strictly for Prince, but found the show quite funny and charming. My only problem is I'm afraid the show's quality will go down now that the two characters are in love.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
They've been in love the whole series.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

I'm actually surprised at how everyone seems to be so positive about that episode. It had an extremely cliched plot regarding the Prince party, a shoehorned Ford ad and a ridiculous new song that Jess magically sings with Prince at the end. The latter two are even lampshaded, and that doesn't suddenly make it any less lazy.

I feel like this season as a whole has been pretty lost compared to the ones before it, and this episode is really the worst in a long time. It's still amusing on some level, but it feels sort of like the gas-leak year they keep referring to on Community, just on a different show.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Cool Cherry Cream posted:

I watched strictly for Prince, but found the show quite funny and charming. My only problem is I'm afraid the show's quality will go down now that the two characters are in love.

Yeah, you clearly don't watch the show.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
"Jess, how did you know the words?"

"...I think Prince is magic"

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
Forgive me. I watched The Office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

I have to say this week was amazing for guest stars. James Earl Jones, Adam Sandler, and Prince. Sitcoms just hit it this week. Prince was great (he has a horrible afro), this was hilarious with Schmidt climbing through the bush, Fire&Ice... I'm crying a little here.

Oh poo poo "Do you want to put some money on this?" and the storm off. I have a bruised rib and it hurts so bad when I laugh. This was not a good idea.

Tooter fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 3, 2014

• Locked thread