Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
there are no ladies in the thread atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Dongicus posted:

I am a hairy scotsman

I don't think I ever met a Scotsman IRL. The Brits and Welsh were the only ones I understood well, so maybe I lumped Scots in with the Irish.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

more just kinda withdrawn and soft-spoken and usually sober

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
as an australian i can confirm we're all pretty terrible

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
Scottish people are really nice to your face, but secretly wish death on you

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

poopkitty posted:

I don't think I ever met a Scotsman IRL. The Brits and Welsh were the only ones I understood well, so maybe I lumped Scots in with the Irish.

Eew don't. Only Scottish people I ever met have all been weird as gently caress. English people have no sense of humor and I have never in my life met a Welsh person. I think they're fictional, the dragon flag is a hint, why symbolise yourself with a thing that isn't real?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
my thesis advisor's wife was welsh

she's awesome and pretty much the textbook definition of "formidable"

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
english people are awful

when i was working retail, nothing got my hackles up like the sound of english accent. every single english customer was stupid, whiny, demanding, entitled and usually really ugly tbh

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Shannonmcn posted:

Eew don't. Only Scottish people I ever met have all been weird as gently caress. English people have no sense of humor and I have never in my life met a Welsh person. I think they're fictional, the dragon flag is a hint, why symbolise yourself with a thing that isn't real?

scots are kinda bad

welsh are awful

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
americans were third worst

second worst were the french, oh my god gently caress every single last one of them

i learnt celtic harp from a welsh guy and he was pretty nice at first but he kept dropping random comments about my weight, also i told him my grandfather was romani and he mysteriously cancelled my lessons

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Avshalom posted:

americans were third worst

second worst were the french, oh my god gently caress every single last one of them

i learnt celtic harp from a welsh guy and he was pretty nice at first but he kept dropping random comments about my weight, also i told him my grandfather was romani and he mysteriously cancelled my lessons

That's weird since its the Irish gypsies that everyone in the UK hates, unless he just thought you meant Romanian because they get a lot of flak too :(

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
I had a teacher from liverpool in high school

ughhh that is the worst accent

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I actually prefer the Northern English to the Southern English

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 4, 2014

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

amarantinesky posted:

A surprising number of Australians that I've met are pretty crazy, but usually in an interesting way. The most drunk people I saw in Ireland were Australians, which I think says a lot. Anyway I am reading the alcoholic crew thread and agree that everyone should take a few days off from drinking because it's a scary thread.
rivals tcc for imminent goondeath

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

why are you claiming this

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Portals posted:

Probably trying to trick us into posting tits.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Portals posted:

well, we're women
but we're not ladies

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Portals posted:

Because all ladies go to be at a decent time and also are American.

idk I'm guessing lovely troll. I swear this thread is like the girl's bathrooms in middle school, boys all daring each other to run inside and touch the far window or something

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
just worked out and i'm so sore

my titties are sore even though they didn't do any of the hard work

loving malingering titties i tell you what

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Avshalom posted:

loving malingering titties i tell you what

I'm sad we just got a new thread title because this would have been good.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Motherfucker posted:

Please speak for yourself, slut.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fabulist posted:

idk I'm guessing lovely troll. I swear this thread is like the girl's bathrooms in middle school, boys all daring each other to run inside and touch the far window or something

Meanwhile I've been in here while taking dumps perfectly fine.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Spanish Manlove posted:

Meanwhile I've been in here while taking dumps perfectly fine.
there's always that one boy in every class that nobody's really sure about

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Spanish Manlove posted:

Please speak for yourself, slut.

you are as much of a lady as you want to be, spanish manlove

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Fabulist posted:

In elementary school, Brendan Fish threw my brownie tie into the boys bathroom and I just sauntered in and got it. I had to go sit in Sister Catherine's office til my Dad came. Foreshadowing.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i was the only girl who dared go into the boys' bathroom and i told the others wild tales of how opulently furnished and luxurious it was in there

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
furnished with luxurious turds and piss

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
hail stan

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
actually pretty much every men's restroom i've ever been in has been cleaner than the ladies' equivalent except for the inevitable piss lagoon around the urinals, our toilets are worse when it comes to lurking floorshits and unspeakable smears on the walls and people doing irresponsible things with toilet paper

at my retail job i always used the customer bathrooms rather than the staff bathrooms because they actually cared about the customers' wellbeing and would clean the toilets more than once a day. it was a pretty good lifehack. strictly not allowed by management of course, but my lady supervisors did it too so i never got in trouble. we'd just avoid eye contact and awkwardly pretend not to notice each other as we washed our hands and sneaked out the door

the funniest thing was when i worked in a big restaurant where we only had one bathroom per gender for customers and staff to share. there'd always be at least two or three other people in the washroom when i went, and they'd watch me like a goddamn hawk to make sure i washed my hands properly while trying to be all nonchalant and sneaky about it. i swear i had surgeon-quality handwashing technique by the time i was finished there

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Putty posted:

hail stan
he's a pretty cool guy imo

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Donkay NOoo posted:

some birds took over a bowling alley or something

This is my understanding of events in the US this weekend

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I was asleep for genetics chat. I don't resemble anyone in my family at all (except we're all white people with brown hair). It would've been awesome if my mom had my hair texture or pale skin, so I could've gotten tips from her instead of working everything out myself, or at least so I could like those features more. I don't think I was actually switched at birth or anything, but I am pissy that the main thing I inherited (from both parents) was terrible skin. My mom healed well, but my dad grew a huge beard to hide his scars. For me at least there's modern medicine, thank God and dermatology.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
A friend of mine, who is black, was adopted into a white family as a toddler. Her mom took classes so she'd know how to work with her hair, which I think is just so adorable. They're a really great family :3:

My friend keeps her head more or less shaved now, though

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Anne Whateley posted:

I was asleep for genetics chat. I don't resemble anyone in my family at all (except we're all white people with brown hair). It would've been awesome if my mom had my hair texture or pale skin, so I could've gotten tips from her instead of working everything out myself, or at least so I could like those features more.

As I mentioned before, all the women on my mom's side look ridiculously alike in facial features (and short stocky legs) but I'm the only redhead for generations. At my grandfather's funeral with like a hundred cousins I'd never met before, every single person recognized me. So, yeah, it would've been nice to have some idea what to do with my coloring. (although what I really wanted was an older sibling to explain high school to me, that was tough)

I got my MAC lipsticks! Yay for Nordstrom and pre-planned scarcity making me feel like I accomplished something!

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
R/t boys in the girls bathroom: Found out earlier today (meaning yesterday now I guess) a patient and a visitor had sex in a staff bathroom that was accidentally left unlocked. How this was discovered was not disclosed.

Also it is now vacation week. Let the sitting around doing gently caress-all commence!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
One time I was really drunk before going on a red eye flight and accidentally used the girls bathroom. I didn't realize about it until later because all I could think was "man Montreal is weird how come they don't have urinals"

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Confusing a bidet for a urinal would have been a pretty awesome mistake for a drunken antics story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
I had a terrible week and did too much retail therapy when I got home
:negative:

3 dresses, 2 pairs of leggings, 2 pairs of boots, 4 shirt, 1 pair of jeans, 9 bottles of nail polish, some fancy yarn, and a book are all on their way to me as we speak

My...my self control...gone...just gone...

• Locked thread