Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

This was funnier in my head I think.

Anyway, I don't know how you blokes do the Supercoach thing. I set up a team in my dad's competition and lose interest before round 5. Too much like hard work I reckon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I don't like the idea of names because one of the more fun parts of footy for me is when you don't know who some newbie is and you get this little buzz around the crowd with everyone asking the person next to them when they do something cool. You hear like 15 little "Who's number 38?" things in a minute and it's cool. Then someone knows their name or has a record/phone and you get possibly even more people around you saying their name now and getting excited.

It's a little thing, but it really adds to the experience.

Also I think the guernseys look cleaner without them, and no club ever chooses a nice font. The text is always too small and cramped, if you're going to put names on the back they need to be way bigger (difficult with a non long sleeved guernsey), the numbers need to be smaller (A possibility) or you need to get rid of the sponsor logo over the arse (Not going to happen in my lifetime).

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

GlenMR posted:

Anyway, I don't know how you blokes do the Supercoach thing. I set up a team in my dad's competition and lose interest before round 5. Too much like hard work I reckon.

Yeah you can definitely get fatigued by it pretty easy, mainly due to the 'stock market' style of tracking people's value. Ultimate is much better if you're time poor. Who's good crossed with who's available pretty much.

I know Kouta wasn't 22 that was the only footyjumpers pic available.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Is that a small turd smear?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Luke Hodge is No. 15.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Diet Crack posted:

Is that a small turd smear?

...yes

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I for one am really excited about names. 36 dudes running around, with possession constantly changing hands, is a bit to take in. Names are a lot more distinct. Instead of watching the stream and trying to sort out who "big boy" is, and saying "Wow, nice play by 19," I'll be able to say "Nice play by Lynch," and then the next time he does something, I'll be like "Oh hey, it's Lynch. I remember that dude. Lynch owns." This is a lot better than my old method of picking out players, which was basically "Holy poo poo, who the hell is that bald guy?"

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Get rid of the numbers as well. Make some room for more advertising.

davmo1
Jan 2, 2014
J4G Crybaby :frogout:

The Deadly Hume posted:

Get rid of the numbers as well. Make some room for more advertising.

Have each player identified by a different sponsor on the back

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

So Essendon's players will all be sponsored by Pharma companies?

davmo1
Jan 2, 2014
Or various brands of incontinence pads.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Diet Crack posted:

So Essendon's players will all be sponsored by Pharma companies?

The Underbelly series of books and TV Shows

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

You Am I posted:

I thought that would've been more Carlton's thing.

Although it would be funny watching the Bombers looking like the loving Chemist's Warehouse.

davmo1
Jan 2, 2014

You Am I posted:

Oh god don't egg them on, they may just think people like them and record another season.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

davmo1 posted:

Oh god don't egg them on, they may just think people like them and record another season.

Underbelly: that stupid mate of yours from high school who would steal cigarettes from KMart after school

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

AFL.com.au is down for nearly 12 hours of "maintenance" tonight. Hope that its either getting some sort of change or at least upgrades so it doesn't crash or update so bloody slowly during the season.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Oh you just know they're going to unveil yet another travesty of web design.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
Went to buy tickets to the WCE vs Freo game in the NAB cup but it's at 4pm on a loving Tuesday. Would I be correct in guessing it's because they want it to be on TV at a decent time over east?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

luncheon meat posted:

Went to buy tickets to the WCE vs Freo game in the NAB cup but it's at 4pm on a loving Tuesday. Would I be correct in guessing it's because they want it to be on TV at a decent time over east?
Sounds like it, with the current three hour difference it'd be 7pm over here.

SplinteredMind
Jan 7, 2005

"I have to nap up. If I don't get a solid five, it kills my sunny disposition."

luncheon meat posted:

I went to do the same, then saw it was up in Joondalup as well. No thanks.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh boy, I had a big day drinking until I can't walk down the stairs. Thank gently caress it's only a month until games start proper. Shmoses is a cool dewd.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
... gently caress I knew I was forgetting something.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

realbez posted:

... gently caress I knew I was forgetting something.

You make me feel like, I've been locked out of the pub. For so lo-owowong. :barf:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I was too tired to get drunk but i learned that peyton manning is a rube was this correct

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

hiddenmovement posted:

I was too tired to get drunk but i learned that peyton manning is a rube was this correct

A-yeah yeah, a yeah yeah yeah yeaaah.

davmo1
Jan 2, 2014
I'm debating whether to get an AFL membership or a Swans membership atm. Ones obliously more expensive... but all those Melbourne games would be great while travelling to and from Sydney for business.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
If any essendon players actually get banned can the thread title be changed to A Long Expected Sanction?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

TG-Chrono posted:

Oh boy, I had a big day drinking until I can't walk down the stairs. Thank gently caress it's only a month until games start proper. Shmoses is a cool dewd.
Man I was shattered about having to work. I had some serious beer envy today.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Gough Suppressant posted:

If any essendon players actually get banned can the thread title be changed to A Long Expected Sanction?

I'll change it to the Desolation of Demetriou.

Meanwhile, here's some dude's mascot graphics that are pretty kewl. (p.s I r pissed from lunch tiem.)

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
pfft theyve got nothing on the mascots the herald sun was using last year, ie fremantle's living anchor

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Disappointed in a lack of anthropomorphic stars, lightning bolts and anchors. No giant!?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He did the Saints but not the Dees.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Volkerball posted:

We are a christian nation

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Cant help but notice the paddlepop lion on the Brisbane one lol.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Volkerball posted:

nobody does the dees like the way they do themselves

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
He's only got the Bombers, Giants and Dockers to go

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

lmao the blues mascot is literally a gimp. its like the richard pratt days all over again

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

im just glad the dees mascot isnt wearing a barrel

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

also disappointed the gold coast one isnt just a giant emblazoned crotch shot of some budgy smugglers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Captain Carlton was awesome then they took away his hovercraft and put a big head and muscle suit on him.

• Locked thread