Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MorgaineDax posted:

Dakey Dunn from 22 Minutes? Definitely a Rowsdower cousin.

That'd be it. Got my sketch comedy mixed up there. I haven't watched either show in years, but Dunn always stood out as one of my favorite routines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I'm kinda worried that she'd stab me. And even more worried that I think I'd be okay with that.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm willing to spend hundreds of dollars in costumes and props, but heaven forbid I shave my gross beard to complete the look.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Irish Joe posted:

I'm willing to spend hundreds of dollars in costumes and props, but heaven forbid I shave my gross beard to complete the look.

He has a beard now. Beards are cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Irish Joe posted:

In what world do you live in that he's wearing hundreds of dollars worth of costumes and props?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Irish Joe posted:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

In what world do you live in that he's wearing hundreds of dollars worth of costumes and props?

$40 for the toy.
$10 for the silly hat.
$60 for the jacket.
$20 for the bowtie.
$15 for the suspenders.
-----------------------
$135, not including the shoes, shirt and pants which one would be able to wear in real life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Irish Joe posted:

$40 for the toy.
$10 for the silly hat.
$60 for the jacket.
$20 for the bowtie.
$15 for the suspenders.
-----------------------
$135, not including the shoes, shirt and pants which one would be able to wear in real life.

The toy can be had for $30, I found a tweed jacket at goodwill for $10, you can get a bowtie at Kohls for $5, ditto the suspenders.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I gave a thousand dollars to my cosplay procurer and he gave me back $143.50 change. Case closed.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Rhyno posted:

The toy can be had for $30, I found a tweed jacket at goodwill for $10, you can get a bowtie at Kohls for $5, ditto the suspenders.

Depends on what 'version' of the toy. Apparantly those things can get really pricey - a friend of mine is majorly into dr. who and ended up picking up the one that functions as a really bad remote control and it seemed to have cost him about 100 bucks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sloober posted:

Depends on what 'version' of the toy. Apparantly those things can get really pricey - a friend of mine is majorly into dr. who and ended up picking up the one that functions as a really bad remote control and it seemed to have cost him about 100 bucks.

That's not the toy, that's an actual universal remote. The standard toy version which is what pretty much every cosplayer uses can be snagged for $28 on Amazon.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Rhyno posted:

That's not the toy, that's an actual universal remote. The standard toy version which is what pretty much every cosplayer uses can be snagged for $28 on Amazon.

It's a really lovely universal remote so you have to be a nutty fan to want it. Apparantly it works like poo poo - so it is nothing but an expensive Dr who toy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sloober posted:

It's a really lovely universal remote so you have to be a nutty fan to want it. Apparantly it works like poo poo - so it is nothing but an expensive Dr who toy.

I'm not going to disagree. It's a huge pile of poo poo but nobody would be stupid enough to use it as a Cosplay prop when you can get the toy for $30.

Angry Avocado
Jun 6, 2010
Gipsy Danger and Cherno Alpha cosplay.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Irish Joe posted:

$40 for the toy.
$10 for the silly hat.
$60 for the jacket.
$20 for the bowtie.
$15 for the suspenders.
-----------------------

What kind of fashionless hobo are you that a jacket and suspenders couldn't be "real life" clothing?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

boo_radley posted:

What kind of fashionless hobo are you that a jacket and suspenders couldn't be "real life" clothing?

Red suspenders and a tweed jacket dude.

Danlee
Dec 7, 2009
Good enough for Urkel good enough for me.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Too much kitchen knife and not enough vorpal blade.

Ninja Gamer
Nov 3, 2004

Through howling winds and pouring rain, all evil shall fear The Hurricane!
Sometimes a costume just fits a person for so many reasons.

https://vimeo.com/67525518

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

A brother-sister dual cosplay; Ultimate Iron Man on the left, and Warmachine on the right. More pictures and a bit more info here.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Ninja Gamer posted:

Sometimes a costume just fits a person for so many reasons.

https://vimeo.com/67525518

I would disagree.... he looks and acts more like Peewee Herman than the Joker in that video.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Hremsfeld posted:

A brother-sister dual cosplay; Ultimate Iron Man on the left, and Warmachine on the right. More pictures and a bit more info here.

drat, and I thought the XRobots guy was impressive!

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Esper Terra from Final Fantasy VI

The Monkey Man has a new favorite as of 03:43 on Feb 12, 2014

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I take it these are attractive furries?

I really enjoy this thread from a costume perspective but I'm not deeply into a lot of the shows they are from. I hope I'm not the only one who wishes peeps would post the name of the source inspiration so we have some frame of reference.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Edit: Nevermind, I can't loving read apparently.

Catts
Nov 3, 2011

The Monkey Man posted:

Proof that more people should do Amano cosplay.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Pneub posted:

Red suspenders and a tweed jacket dude.

What's wrong with a tweed jacket? I'm pretty sure I have at least one in my closet. My suspenders are black though.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
I don't know what those furry things are from, but i'm choosing to believe they are trying to cosplay the CATS musical.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
You guys are always really paranoid about furries, for people living in a world where scat fetishists exist.

Pneub has a new favorite as of 08:32 on Feb 13, 2014

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Pooplovers are not nearly as vocal about scat rights and nobody claims to be a turd\poo poo\human hybrid.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

LingcodKilla posted:

nobody claims to be a turd\poo poo\human hybrid.

Untrue.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Username honesty.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Pneub posted:

You guys are always really paranoid about furries, for people living in a world where scat fetishists exist.

You can tell if someone is both if they have a sandbox in the garden but no kids.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Pooplovers are not nearly as vocal about scat rights and nobody claims to be a turd\poo poo\human hybrid.

Sup?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Some people may be turds, but I don't think they have the presence of mind to admit it.

Ninja Gamer
Nov 3, 2004

Through howling winds and pouring rain, all evil shall fear The Hurricane!

The Monkey Man posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPaW5PO83oE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
That triple Gendo pic from a few pages back made me wonder: is it possible to rig glasses to do the scary shiny glasses thing on demand, IRL? Perhaps with some LEDs and glass specifically cut to refract the light forward? Translucent reflective foil maybe? I'm not that versed in optics, so I'm not sure if it's possible to get a glaringly bright white light to shine out of the front of a lens without also blinding you by shooting out the back as well.

• Locked thread