Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Vhak lord of hate posted:

I was taking about Russell's shiny tie, where does he think he is, a JAZZ CLUB?

I"m more concerned that Russell needs a hair cut! He looks like a girl! Now Johnny Unitas, that's a haircut you can set your watch to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

If someone came out to their press conference in a doublet and ruff, I'd literally not be able to process the image.

Marvin_Gardens
May 25, 2005

Sash! posted:

If someone came out to their press conference in a doublet and ruff, I'd literally not be able to process the image.

Where do you get those nowadays -- Marshall's?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Sash! posted:

You should see some of the NBA guys. Their fashion owns and makes the whole NFL look like old white men.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ribsauce posted:

No one has gotten poo poo on more unfairly in the last 3 years than Cam. From Peter King ruining his reputation by taking the "entertainer and icon" quote out of context, and the following that up by complaining Cam wouldn't grant him an interview during the lockout, to the roughly 1,400 hours Cam wearing a towel on his head has been analyzed by the local media, it cannot be close.

Jay Cutler I think surpasses him, I don't see your local media but every single loving thing Cutler does gets ripped here.

People literally talk about how Cutler doesn't run to the endzone to celebrate with his receivers when he throws a touchdown pass and use that to question his leadership.

They complain about him being so passive when things are going bad. And then bitch at him when he yells at someone who is playing bad. He is literally damnned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Sash! posted:

I doubt I'll ever laugh as hard as I did when Big Ben came out donning a loving fedora.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Marketing New Brain posted:

I doubt I'll ever laugh as hard as I did when Big Ben came out donning a loving fedora.

Are you kidding? The fedora is the most appropriate thing he's ever worn.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Serisothikos posted:

Are you kidding? The fedora is the most appropriate thing he's ever worn.

Counter-Point:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

He looks like a fat Don Draper.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

OctoberBlues posted:

He looks like a fat Don Draper.

Ron Raper

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Dexo posted:

Jay Cutler I think surpasses him, I don't see your local media but every single loving thing Cutler does gets ripped here.

People literally talk about how Cutler doesn't run to the endzone to celebrate with his receivers when he throws a touchdown pass and use that to question his leadership.

Good point, Cutler probably beats Cam out.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Counter-Point:

I don't see the problem, Roethlisberger is exactly the type of person I envision wearing a fedora.

It looks like poo poo on him but that doesn't mean they don't deserve each other

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
That's not even a fedora, it's a trilby. :colbert:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Q_res posted:

trap sprung

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Q_res posted:

Sex Offenders are supposed to register with the mods before posting.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chichevache posted:

Sex Offenders are supposed to register with the mods before posting.

I thought they were supposed to become mods first.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

swickles posted:

oh drat

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

:patriot: I'm gonna miss you, buddy.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

swickles posted:

A very very divisive post

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Chichevache posted:

:patriot: I'm gonna miss you, buddy.

Eh? Why would he be probated for that.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Dexo posted:

Eh? Why would he be probated for that.

Yeah its not like he posted about doobie or anything

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Dogwhistling on forums is nothing new, but on the radio it's something special.

A short while ago a guy from South Carolina called into the Jodi Mac show reprimanding an earlier (black) caller who said he admired Richard Sherman, saying: "If that caller was actually raising his kids like a father instead of just spawning them, he would take them aside and tell them that Sherman's actions have no place in this sport."

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Hazo posted:

Dogwhistling on forums is nothing new, but on the radio it's something special.

A short while ago a guy from South Carolina called into the Jodi Mac show reprimanding an earlier (black) caller who said he admired Richard Sherman, saying: "If that caller was actually raising his kids like a father instead of just spawning them, he would take them aside and tell them that Sherman's actions have no place in this sport."

This whole Sherman incident has actually started interesting dialogues about the word "thug" and how black public figures are "supposed" to act.

Bamf
Jul 20, 2000

quote:

from OrangeMane.com

So, last week I began wearing a different Broncos themed piece of clothing every day to work (teacher, high school). Walking out of work on Friday this woman falls down on some ice and can't get up. Security comes out and calls for an ambulance and we're told 10-15 minutes there should be some help there. It's about 20 degrees out (New Jersey) and she has a light shoal on because she's a selfish dullard. I've got my 2005 AFC Dvision Champions sweatshirt on, complete with wing sauce stains on the right sleeve, a cigarette burn hole in the back and fun juice marks ALL over it. The security guard asks if anyone has a sweatshirt or something warm for her to wait in and looks dead at me...I hesitate and finally my conscience overrides rational thought and I lay out my sweatshirt for her to BORROW until the ambulance comes. I wait a few minutes and another security guard comes and lays out a blanket on top of the sweatshirt, hence giving her a DOUBLE COATING of warmth...by now there is a crowd around us and she is moaning in pain (looking for that workers comp money)
I have to coach a basketball practice 20 minutes away in about 10 minutes while we're still waiting for the ambulance. I attempt a few times to reach down and reclaim my sweatshirt but each time I do, im worried its looking like i'm an inconsiderate bastard, or a psychopathic pervert trying to cop a feel on this middle aged lunchlady. I think about my options:

1) leave and call it a loss
2) grab the sweatshirt and care less about how it looks grabbing it while this woman is writhing in pain
3) go all in with getting the sweatshirt back which means skipping my bball practice and hopping in the ambulance with her
4) leave my classroom number and hope it comes back

I chose #4 and I'm sill waiting for the sweatshirt...apparently nobody can find it and the woman is out of school with an injury.....that's my 2005 AFC Divisional Champions sweatshirt MAN!!!!! With the fun juice and wing sauce on it!!!

I think its a bad omen.....any suggestions for reversing such bad luck....do I kick a ferel cat in the teeth? Moon a schoolbus of pre-school children?? help!

fun juice

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Fun juice, championship sweatshirt, casual misogyny/racism...it was perfect.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Bamf posted:

fun juice

So were just gonna assume he means jizz, right?

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Why is she walking around with a sandbar on?

I too must know what fun juice is...

deathsuxdontdie
Apr 12, 2004

Excellent Patient Care

Bad Moon posted:

I"m more concerned that Russell needs a hair cut! He looks like a girl! Now Johnny Unitas, that's a haircut you can set your watch to!

I can't wait for the mental collapse from the racist bunch when they realize that Kaepernick is of Yemeni descent and not black so they can have a meltdown about MOSLEMS IN MERICA'S FOOTBALL.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bamf posted:

fun juice

This has to be a Seahawks plant.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Not sure why but this is the best sentence out of the whole thing to me:

quote:

It's about 20 degrees out (New Jersey) and she has a light shoal on because she's a selfish dullard.

i.e., she wasn't wearing a jacket, what a bitch.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
That's not how you treat sports memorabilia, son t:mad:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

UF fans, in reaction to FSU's weekend celebration for the Championship win
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbo5WdTG60k

quote:

JimPOS should have some shame in having played THE MOST PATHETIC SCHEDULE OF ANY MNC TEAM and by having to look the other way with his rapist qb to even do that.

They played one team that finished ranked the whole season and a Duke team that barely stayed in the top 25 for their laughable conference championship. They managed to barely beat a so so Auburn team after losing the fist half handily.

quote:

What a joke.
A 5 yard out pass goes for almost 60 yard because the Auburn secondary goofs up to gift you the game...yep you dominated alright.

quote:

Jimbo is living in a dream world.
Look at each an every game that FSU played. Go back and take each game, one by one and see who they played.
Compare them with whom the other SEC teams played, week in and week out.

quote:

Florida State had the perfect pathway to win it all. Easy, non brutal ACC scedule.
I will grant them the Clemson game.
But check out their season... then...check out the ACCCG... who is Auburn playing? Missouri.
And then, check out the Nolie's game with Auburn, whom the Football Gods smiled upon like no other team in the last 20 years.

quote:

Auburn's weakness was their defense. And that showed up especially in that 5 yard pass that goes for almost 60. That play puts FSU within stiking distance. They parlayed that with the a 6'6" quarterback throwing to a 6'6" Benjamin for the perfect play to snatch the game away from Auburn.

quote:

What was their schedule rated for 2012?
An SEC schedule and Alabama's defense would have chewed them up.
Hey Jimbo, How dominant would you be against our schedule? Ill wait.

quote:

What he should have said:
"To I (or is it "to me?")thishere team dominated like no other team in history, mainly because we played such a soft schedule and are in a conference that has only two real football schools (thanks Bobby). We had several key players who should have been prisoners and I applaud them for destroying evidence, being willing to commit perjury if necessary, and helping cover everthang up in the grand tradition of FSU football. That kind of thang would be a problem with some schools but not at FSU, where we have the local PD and SA in our pocket. But maybe ah shouldn't be talking so much about "prisoners."

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
They seem more angry about it than Auburn fans.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

quote:

I get sick and tired of the NFL trying to shove Payton Manning down my throat as the NFL's greatest QB. He aint even in the top 4. How in the hell can you even compare him to Joe Montana? He only had 4 superbowl wins with the 49ers and NEVER LOST A PLAYOFF GAME WHILE THERE! He was superbowl mvp 3 times (should have been 4) and he MADE Jerry Rice, the greatest receiver of all time.

I think P Manning is a great guy and great QB. He never won anything in college and he is the third biggest choke-a-dope artist, only behind Tony Romo, and to a lessar extinct, Jim Kelly(4 superbowl losses). But Payton Manning is one thing for sure .... THE MOST OVERRATED QB IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

quote:

to a lessar extinct, Jim Kelly

This is my new most favorite typo.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

He might be obnoxious but he does have some valid points that you could bring up when arguing who the best is.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Cole posted:

He might be obnoxious but he does have some valid points that you could bring up when arguing who the best is.

I can live with lots of arguments that Peyton isn't the best QB ever. It's the "most overrated of all time" that gets me. Also the fantastic spelling and RINGS argument just tickles my funny bone.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Athanatos posted:

I can live with lots of arguments that Peyton isn't the best QB ever. It's the "most overrated of all time" that gets me. Also the fantastic spelling and RINGS argument just tickles my funny bone.

Overrated is one of the obnoxious words that don't mean anything and are used to form an argument from pure ether.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Overrated is one of the obnoxious words that don't mean anything and are used to form an argument from pure ether.

Your posts are overrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I'm sorry dawg, that was too mean. :smith:

• Locked thread