Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Orv posted:

Probably a dumb question but there's nothing to be done about higher levels playing with their friends right? Friends and I seem to be running into that a ton lately (we're a range from Silver Elite to Nova 1) and there's only so much learning I can do when I'm just instantly annihilated every round.

Sadly, no. Even in the higher level Nova's and Master Guardians you'll have Eagles and whatnot queued up with their friends. Personally, I had always wished they rounded the rank up to the highest level in the party so as to discourage people "boosting" their friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
That would be the smart thing to do, because if someone wants to play with their friends, there is always casual and demolition maps and stuff like that.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Next stop: Deag City.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Population: 0

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mcvey posted:

Population: 0

Sigh. Mcvey, wrong as usual.

http://74.91.119.72/demos/2014-02-02-09_14_06_de_mirage_ce.dem

I got a deag ace in there. So that's two so far. Both on round 10 in both demos...Interesting.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 2, 2014

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Just one demo? Let me know when you can put together a Fat Lou Awp 360 no scope-esque video consisting of only deagle aces.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

teagone posted:

Just one demo? Let me know when you can put together a Fat Lou Awp 360 no scope-esque video consisting of only deagle aces.

I got another one. http://74.91.119.72/demos/2014-01-31-11_24_34_de_mirage_ce.dem

Round 10 on that one too. Interesting that they're both on mirage_ce. ;)

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

VoiceOfIntuition posted:

Just gonna throw this round from tonight onto the pile of goonpug.avi's we already have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4fq72TACk

I've watched this like 12 times and it's still so loving good

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

VoiceOfIntuition posted:

Just gonna throw this round from tonight onto the pile of goonpug.avi's we already have.

link me the demo of this thnx

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

VoiceOfIntuition posted:

You are now reddit famous. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

astr0man posted:

You are now reddit famous. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Holy poo poo. Haha, should have monetized that for your $1.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Also, tip for new players: please don't make calls that the entire T team is rushing B-site if you are playing in A-site :psyduck:. Also don't rotate randomly until someone actually makes a call. Seeing one red dot on your radar somewhere else in the map is not a reason to give up whatever spot you are supposed to be covering.

VoiceOfIntuition
Apr 11, 2009
Yo who the gently caress posted that on reddit lmao, I shoulda set up monetization so I can have a cheeseburger after all of this or something

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
How come I'm only good with the Deagle and the scout? I'm garbage with every other weapon.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Agoat posted:

I'm garbage

:smug:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Agoat posted:

How come I'm only good with the Deagle and the scout? I'm garbage with every other weapon.

You are something :frogc00l: awful.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

VoiceOfIntuition posted:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Spectating this guy was stuck like this the entire match, it was pretty nauseating when he went vents.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

There was a match on Toscan yesterday where I whipped around and killed Xen in CT spawn when he was trying to deag me. If we could put that in a video.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Speaking of videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50BPip0K_6Y

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

VoiceOfIntuition posted:

Had to be done: http://youtubedoubler.com/bBMs

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Agoat posted:

Maybe you're a magnet to terrible weapons (scout is good tho)

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

This syncs up way better than I thought it would

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
Is there any valid strategy to employ with decoy grenades, specifically when they are used as intended (to decoy; not to fakeflash)?

It seems like the only time I find them marginally useful is as CT when a rush is coming you throw it somewhere no one is and you sometimes have Ts going out of their way to peek the grenade.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Dylan-D posted:

Is there any valid strategy to employ with decoy grenades, specifically when they are used as intended (to decoy; not to fakeflash)?

Not really.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Throw it at a corner or into a smoke but other than that keep them for fakeflashes.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
pengy's B strat for cbble

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Dylan-D posted:

It seems like the only time I find them marginally useful is as CT when a rush is coming you throw it somewhere no one is and you sometimes have Ts going out of their way to peek the grenade.

This is it, pretty much. Stopping T's from rushing until they soon realize it's a decoy (especially if it's an AWP or Auto decoy). Also playing against garbage players that rotate as soon as they see a red dot on the radar.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
I can't help but notice that I'm on the receiving end of both the nuke video and the porta potty one. :smith:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Dylan-D posted:

I usually try to grab one as T on pistol rounds and toss it into an empty corner once the bomb is down. It can be good for getting the CTs to improperly execute their retake.

PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010

Orv posted:

Probably a dumb question but there's nothing to be done about higher levels playing with their friends right? Friends and I seem to be running into that a ton lately (we're a range from Silver Elite to Nova 1) and there's only so much learning I can do when I'm just instantly annihilated every round.

If you play as a bigger team of low ranks, they can't super put you against a lot of those 2 AKs and silvers/no ranks, it also helps to make sure all your friends rank in before playing with a team because those games with no ranks are loving rough sometimes.

Even then you can still have a rough time, cause of this whack 1:1 rank bullshit, cause an AK can run a team of silvers, and its just like yeah if they fought 1-2 novas with maybe a 3 nova that works out, makes sense.

PROTOSTORM!!! fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 3, 2014

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Dylan-D posted:

The best way to throw people off who use the radar is to toss a decoy near a commonly played spot if you hold a site and there's a rush coming, it might either give them pause or cause them to line themselves up for better picks. Despite being only $50 I'd rather save the cash. Largely they aren't effective and you could use the grenade slot for another type.

If you do have a decoy though, just don't throw it at round start. That doesn't help anyone.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Just before you enter a site, whether as a T to go for a plant or as a CT to retake a site and defuse a planted bomb, throw a decoy or two into the site (again, juuuust before you enter). Not only does it work as a fakeflash, but messing with the radar right as a 4+ player firefight for the site starts can really confuse the enemy.

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

Decoys should be mandatory for Negev rounds. That sweet symphony of destruction...

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

cat with hands posted:

Decoys should be mandatory for Negev rounds. That sweet symphony of destruction...

Actually, nevermind what I said earlier, this is the most important use of decoys in the game. The psychological warfare strat.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

RadioPassive posted:

Just before you enter a site, whether as a T to go for a plant or as a CT to retake a site and defuse a planted bomb, throw a decoy or two into the site (again, juuuust before you enter). Not only does it work as a fakeflash, but messing with the radar right as a 4+ player firefight for the site starts can really confuse the enemy.

People don't use decoys and molotovs enough. Molotovs especially loving own because they can stop things like a B rush on inferno for a good amount of time / horribly damage it.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Shogunner posted:

People don't use decoys and molotovs enough. Molotovs especially loving own because they can stop things like a B rush on inferno for a good amount of time / horribly damage it.
Molotovs cost a lot and can be really easily defeated. And they don't do that much damage if you just run through them and jump a couple times.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

Agoat posted:

The deagle and the scout are the only viable weapons imo

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Shogunner posted:

Molotovs especially loving own because they can stop things like a B rush on inferno for a good amount of time / horribly damage it.

Smoke is better to use to stop or delay a rush 100% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

dy. posted:

Molotovs cost a lot and can be really easily defeated. And they don't do that much damage if you just run through them and jump a couple times.

They still do tons of damage if you try to jump through them since jumping doesn't make the damage less. 2 playing banana on inferno + incens owns for example since they either

a) smoke their own rush and get owned out of the smoke
b) gently caress off and go a
c) all take 40 damage coming into the site

• Locked thread