Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Did anyone else see those tiny loving mouths on the pink thing next to Micchy and Takatora?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The chest part of Lemon Raiment looks awkward as gently caress to wear.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Rei_ posted:

Did anyone else see those tiny loving mouths on the pink thing next to Micchy and Takatora?

Someone had to point it out to me. I bet some kids noticed and had nightmares thinking about what was under the cliff. :allears:

Apollove
May 31, 2013
Man even though I know they would never EVER do it, strictly because its a horrible idea from a marketing standpoint, especially marketed toward children, I would love it if the people behind advertising for Gaim started just advertising the Yggdrasil stuff in commercials to sorta mirror how everyone's opinions of the Beat Riders in the show is strictly negative. It'd be the worst idea financially but drat it'd be cool :allears:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

So, who else is wondering how big an Invess a jailbroken Energy Lockseed would summon?

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I really like how Takatora reacted in this episode. He's very proud of Micchy and he clearly has noble motives (at least much more so than any of the other Yggdrasil dudes), but he still has that "it's only natural for a Kureshima" thing going on, both for his pride in Micchy and in...whatever he knows that places him as the "good guy" in his mind despite his methods.

He's the perfect mix of positive character traits and utter arrogance, I love it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah. I don't think Takatora showing up in the opening fighting alongside Gaim, Baron, and Ryugen was an accident, though I've at the moment got no idea just how that will come to pass.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Thurm posted:

If Gaim followed the structure of the previous series I'd agree but with the fast pacing it has and that Urobuchi has apparently split the story into four story arcs I won't be suprised if the revelation is the climax of this arc.

I sure hope that cliff tease doesn't hang around too long, I'm not a big fan of mystery boxes.

Also can't wait to see more silly Flash Gordon hoverbikes. And for the debut of those Jonny Quest hover-podiums from the toy scans.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Brother Entropy posted:

So, who else is wondering how big an Invess a jailbroken Energy Lockseed would summon?

None. The Energy Lockseeds are man-made, so they shouldn't be able to summon Inves at all. They aren't naturally-ocurring, and I doubt Ryoma would give them the ability to summon Inves for laughs (his kick is to give them catchy phrases, after all).

Also I'm kind of interested in what the Genesis Core was for. Ryoma didn't give it to any of the Yggdrasill guys, which is really weird. Maybe it was incomplete? I can see it being meant for Takatora, for a Melon Raiment using both Melon and Melon Energy.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I'd bet money that there's a ruined city seen from that cliff.

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Potsticker posted:

As for what Micchy saw: It's probably the meteor that sent the Worms to Earth.

You say that as a joke, but watch it turn out Gaim is just a prequel to Kabuto. THOSE INVESS LOOK AWFULLY SIMILAR TO THE BASIC WORMS. :colbert:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

SpazmasterX posted:

I'd bet money that there's a ruined city seen from that cliff.

I hope not, because there's no real way that a shot of a ruined city should be enough in and of itself for Micchy to decide it's something they absolutely cannot tell people. I just hate when shows have characters see a mystery without the audience seeing it as well though, because it means you can't really build off it properly until it's revealed and have to use vague, veiled dialogue any time the characters refer to it. Dialogue which almost always feels stilted and unnatural.

tsob fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 3, 2014

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

I am already resigning myself to being slightly disappointed with whatever Micchy saw because I can't think of a single example of this kind of foreshadowing that felt satisfying when it's all said and done.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Well, it's either an army of invess getting ready to break into reality and they have x number of days to be ready for the end of the world... Or it's a giant statue of Kouta as a warlord destroying all of humanity.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 3, 2014

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

tsob posted:

I hope not, because there's no real way that a shot of a ruined city should be enough in and of itself for Micchy to decide it's something they absolutely cannot tell people.

It would be if what someone said earlier is true and it's a ruined Zawame City. This would mean that Helheim is a parallel world where the forest destroyed the world. Come to think of it, that might be why they're so adamant about destroying the plants whenever it crops up and hiding the truth from the public, because if people knew that there were plants from another dimension that would destroy the world, I can imagine it causing mass panic.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

I'm kinda hoping for something more biblical like that valley containing the Tree of Life and Helheim is the Garden of Eden but was corrupted by Invess when Eve ate the apple. Leading up to Gaim's ultimate form being from an Apple lockseed delivered by the tree/Eve.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It really wouldn't, because without context of some kind how is he to even know that it's actually a parallel dimension? Not to mention that it still doesn't make sense for him to jump straight to "we can't tell anyone" even if he had it because he has no way to know if it's an unavoidable future or not. If it's only a possible future then given time I can see him taking that stance, even if it's only a few minutes - but immediately? No. It's just shoddy writing and direction to me if it is that, and will probably come across badly regardless of what it is because that kind of hidden mystery pretty much always does.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The bottom of the cliff is actually Eren's dad's basement.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The bottom of the cliff is Wizard. Micchy cannot allow Gaim to become that boring, so he will make the tough choices.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

tsob posted:

It really wouldn't, because without context of some kind how is he to even know that it's actually a parallel dimension? Not to mention that it still doesn't make sense for him to jump straight to "we can't tell anyone" even if he had it because he has no way to know if it's an unavoidable future or not. If it's only a possible future then given time I can see him taking that stance, even if it's only a few minutes - but immediately? No. It's just shoddy writing and direction to me if it is that, and will probably come across badly regardless of what it is because that kind of hidden mystery pretty much always does.

If only Zawame had some sort of massive iconic structure they could show ruined and overgrown with vines.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Rei_ posted:

If only Zawame had some sort of massive iconic structure they could show ruined and overgrown with vines.

Yes, because my complaint was that there was no obvious way to recognize a given city rather than that there would be no context for why said city was there, what it meant, whether it was avoidable or any of the other obvious questions it would make one ask. Seeing a city in and of itself doesn't mean anything, regardless of what city it is.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Wouldn't that make it even worse to disclose to the public, then? Like if they just saw this image of this THING, they'd react to it. You really wouldn't have much room for an explanation at that point.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Rei_ posted:

Wouldn't that make it even worse to disclose to the public, then? Like if they just saw this image of this THING, they'd react to it. You really wouldn't have much room for an explanation at that point.

And saying "the guys who built the entire city have been deliberately flooding it with monsters for SCIENCE! and have no desire to help you or to stop them - there's an entire dimension full of them they're barely holding at bay and humans can become killer monsters really easily by touch or eating of their fruit" wouldn't cause a panic? He was ready to disclose all that despite adequate time to ponder it regardless of panic, but he instantly nope'd at the sight of whatever was in the crater and I'm just not buying it. There's basically nothing so terrible and blatantly so in it's implications that just the sight of it in and of itself will instantly cause him to change his mind, rather than that his brother would be able to talk him around to his point of view based on it.

tsob fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Feb 3, 2014

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh Snapple! posted:

The bottom of the cliff is Wizard. Micchy cannot allow Gaim to become that boring, so he will make the tough choices.

Guys, guys, this guy is right. This is the only possible explanation, and will remain my headcanon until the series itself says otherwise.

Also I trust Gen Urobuchi to not screw this up, considering how well Gaim has gone until now. Whatever is there, it's impressive enough to make Micchy stop himself and Takatora, a person who's very blatantly good despite his methods, decide to play his role. It has to be something big, but I can't think of what. We'll see when we see it, I guess.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
A weird thing about the latest episode; a man getting out of and back into a bean bag chair is the best dancing in this show so far.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

http://www.orendsrange.com/2014/02/kamen-rider-gaim-3rd-quarter-toy-catalog.html

Third quarter toy catalog for Gaim, complete with info on his final form. It's pretty cool.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

A weird thing about the latest episode; a man getting out of and back into a bean bag chair is the best dancing in this show so far.

Yeah, I think Red Hot might have the the best moves out of all of the dance groups in Zawame. If it weren't for the drat Inves Game indicating popularity in a dance scene, Red Hot might be king of the hill.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Dexie posted:

http://www.orendsrange.com/2014/02/kamen-rider-gaim-3rd-quarter-toy-catalog.html

Third quarter toy catalog for Gaim, complete with info on his final form. It's pretty cool.

It was there all along, we just didn't see it.

Also, something I noticed when paging through my screenshots and saw the thumbnail.

Isn't this a reflection of Zawame city?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Dexie posted:

Okay the lock and key altogether is the belt attachment final form doodad we've been long overdue for.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
RAW for episode 17 is out.

This episode has that Urobuchi touch when it comes to fight scenes. We got a handgun kung-fu fight except instead of guns we have bows. Pierre remains an amazing character even when he's being ordered around.

Oh, and here's some webshop exclusive figures.

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Feb 9, 2014

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

jonjonaug posted:

Oh, and here's some webshop exclusive figures.

Please please please tell me Figuarts Bravo will indeed come with its own tiny couch.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
So Oren Trolling the hell out of everyone was definitely the highlight of the episode, and yay Micchy did the right thing :allears:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Oh man, I love those guys. Sorry to ask, but is there a link to said webshop? Or is it Japan-only?

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Serperoth posted:

Oh man, I love those guys. Sorry to ask, but is there a link to said webshop? Or is it Japan-only?

It's Bandai and yeah it's Japan only. You'd need to use some kind of intermediary. They're not up for preorder yet.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

You're going to have to go through something like Yokatta Web Shopping or CSToys.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I knew Gridon was a scumbag, but 'I'm going to attack your sister while you watch' is low even for him.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

I love how Bravo is even spikier than he is in show. I'm trying to make a Mistah Dangerous to touch joke. It's not going well

Eirgen
Jan 29, 2010
I can only imagine how crazy Bravo will look as a S.I.C. figure if they ever make one.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Subs for episode 17 are out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Of course after it is demonstrated that you can jailbreak lockseeds, Oren goes ahead and straight up creates his own modded lockseed. :allears:

• Locked thread