Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Robert Denby posted:

Kill La Kill

Linked for spoilers: http://i.imgur.com/QJOb474.gif

I've been watching this one sporadically, but goddamn the loving costumes... I feel like I have to quickly close the window when my wife walks in the room or she'll think I'm watching hentai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt pencil test

Saint Young Men

Lupin III

Neon Genesis Evangelion

It think this is from the episode Studio Ghibli helped on.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Probably the last Brutal Legend gif I'm going to make.

http://i.minus.com/iFrMy6DjXghwd.gif :decapitation:

I got off my butt and ripped Neo Ranga for gif making. I'll probably only be linking these because of hyper violence.

http://i.imgur.com/kupjAIu.gif

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Nausicaa

Grave of the Fireflies

Porco Rosso

Princess Mononoke

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Cowboy Bebop

FLCL

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Space Dandy

:nws::nms:https://31.media.tumblr.com/703e1f8f0c881c1f64b9997ab528313e/tumblr_mzn4dt1Vh71qkhmjso1_r1_500.gif:nws::nms:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That last one doesn't seem very Space Dandy-ish! :catstare:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oh, it is, believe me. It's in episode three, which was explicitly an over-the-top fanservice episode. I can take it down if you want, though.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Ghost in the Shell

Requiem for a DreamPerfect Blue

Cowboy Bebop

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Kill La Kill is very educational.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Jay O posted:

Why are his nipples emitting purple light?

EDIT: Actually, I fear this is a road I do not wish to go down.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

once you get used to it

Megaspel posted:

Well, that's the great thing about Kill La Kill: I HAVEN'T A CLUE. :haw: It's wonderful.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Megaspel posted:

EDIT: Actually, I fear this is a road I do not wish to go down.

It actually is a road you want to go down. Do it. :unsmigghh:

For reals though, he's a secret undercover agent for the insurgency group NUDIST BEACH who seek to overthrow the REVOCS corporation and the evils of clothing and return humanity to their proper state, which is butt nakedness. The show's made by the same folks who did FLCL, Gurren Lagann, etc.

In a show with plenty of fanservice, him and his cohorts are the manservice. :getin:

Some non-spoilery episode 16 gifs

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

For reals though, he's a secret undercover agent for the insurgency group NUDIST BEACH who seek to overthrow the REVOCS corporation and the evils of clothing and return humanity to their proper state, which is butt nakedness. The show's made by the same folks who did FLCL, Gurren Lagann, etc.

In a show with plenty of fanservice, him and his cohorts are the manservice. :getin:

It is such a weird loving show with such a bizarre premise, but I really do like it. And I'm not really an anime fan. I appreciate it, but there's only about a half dozen that I actually enjoy. (Cowboy Bebop, FMA, Gurren Lagaan, FLCL.. the standards)

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Ghost in the Shell

The Iron Giant

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

New Leaf posted:

It is such a weird loving show with such a bizarre premise, but I really do like it. And I'm not really an anime fan. I appreciate it, but there's only about a half dozen that I actually enjoy. (Cowboy Bebop, FMA, Gurren Lagaan, FLCL.. the standards)

Well FLCL, Gurren Lagaan, and Kill la Kill share important staff members so that is probably why you like them. You'd probably also like Panty & Stocking or Re: Cutey Honey.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

once you get used to it

Light Gun Man posted:

Well FLCL, Gurren Lagaan, and Kill la Kill share important staff members so that is probably why you like them. You'd probably also like Panty & Stocking or Re: Cutey Honey.

You may also enjoy Panty and Stocking if you detest "humor" and "funny jokes." :v:

In all seriousness tho, those are the three best anime to watch from that team of writers/animators.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jay O posted:

DANGER DANGER

HIGH VOLTAGE

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jay O posted:

You may also enjoy Panty and Stocking if you detest "humor" and "funny jokes." :v:
Never has there been a more wrong post!

WhiteyTheGrouch
Dec 26, 2012

Eric Goldberg's King Candy pencil test from Wreck-It-Ralph. Kinda makes me wish the movie was animated in 2D.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Captain Invictus posted:

I watched two episodes and I'm not really into it. It's a shame because I did really like Gurren Lagaan, I just can't get over the intense anime tropes and ridiculous fan service.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Megaspel posted:

I watched two episodes and I'm not really into it. It's a shame because I did really like Gurren Lagaan, I just can't get over the intense anime tropes and ridiculous fan service.

I just count that as part of the joke.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

New Leaf posted:

I just count that as part of the joke.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Megaspel posted:

It is doing a thing. Watch to at least episode three to see where it's going with that before you quit.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Hbomberguy posted:

It is doing a thing. Watch to at least episode three to see where it's going with that before you quit.
No, it's pretty much just there for tits. Any other explanation is a rationalization of having your cake and oggling it too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If you want to argue about whether Kill La Kill fanservice is there for a reason or not, take it to the KLK thread in ADTRW(or don't because Zorak already forbade discussion of that poo poo because it's a big pointless all-consuming can of worms)! In this thread, post some gifs!

Kill La Kill

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

When I watched that episode, I completely missed what Mako was doing.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
One nice thing about this thread is that I can watch funny gifs of highlights from shows like KLK without having to suffer through the rest of the episodes.

Have some Spirited Away gifs (not mine).

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Le Faim

Destino

The Iron Giant

The Music Scene - Blockhead

EXTRA - Ken Ishii

The Thief and the Cobbler

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

If you want to argue about whether Kill La Kill fanservice is there for a reason or not, take it to the KLK thread in ADTRW(or don't because Zorak already forbade discussion of that poo poo because it's a big pointless all-consuming can of worms)! In this thread, post some gifs!

Okay let's post some gifs! Here's one of a 15-year-old girl in a thong getting her rear end spanked by the tentacle-whips of a grown man in bondage gear. Ironically, of course, because KlK is totally ironic, yo.

:nws::nms:http://taigaaisakas.tumblr.com/post/68400806638:nms::nws:

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain how the deep and nuanced story and the rich tapestry of Anime history combine to make that not creepy, though.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

You seem really upset, are you doing ok?

Do you want to talk about it?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Joshlemagne posted:

Okay let's post some gifs! Here's one of a 15-year-old girl in a thong getting her rear end spanked by the tentacle-whips of a grown man in bondage gear. Ironically, of course, because KlK is totally ironic, yo.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain how the deep and nuanced story and the rich tapestry of Anime history combine to make that not creepy, though.

RareAcumen posted:

17-year-old and all that people have said is that there's a reason for the outfit that gets explained in the third episode. [Actually, the reason it looks like that is because she cut it as soon as it jumped at her.]

Silentman0 has a new favorite as of 02:31 on Feb 4, 2014

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bravest Warriors.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Joshlemagne posted:

The problem with Kill La Kill is it's too high octane, I have to render out a 1000% slower version to masturbate appropriately.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Joshlemagne posted:

17-year-old and all that people have said is that there's a reason for the outfit that gets explained in the third episode. [Actually, the reason it looks like that is because she cut it as soon as it jumped at her.] Anyhoo, gotta post gif(s).

[img]http://i.imgur.com/87YYL0i.gif][/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/thXFW0G.gif][/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/YrxDEas.gif][/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/hSTjQ5a.gif][/img]

K-On
[img]http://i.imgur.com/DsLvuS1.gif][/img]

Evangelion
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Uf9ShuP.gif][/img]

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

17-year-old and all that people have said is that there's a reason for the outfit that gets explained in the third episode. [Actually, the reason it looks like that is because she cut it as soon as it jumped at her.] Anyhoo, gotta post gif(s).

The reason the outfit is like that is because whoever the artist is likes drawing tits. And that's okay.

No clue what show this is sorry, I just like the way it looks.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Livingtrope posted:

The reason the outfit is like that is because whoever the artist is likes drawing tits. And that's okay.

No clue what show this is sorry, I just like the way it looks.

That is from the incredibly titled Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai, or We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day. It's very good.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Joshlemagne posted:

Related to that:

The World Only God Knows

:qq:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Captain Invictus posted:

Kill La Kill

In a show full of pandering bullshit outfit designs, this one was actually a lot of fun. It gets referenced in the new opening; I doubt it'll come back, but it would be nice if it did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Joshlemagne posted:

Oh no! A butt! :xd:

• Locked thread