Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Is the 6gb loyalty plan still a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Sigma posted:

Is the 6gb loyalty plan still a thing?

Yup.

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

So, my friends have all jumped onto sprint and their framily plan, some existing and some switching. One being someone on my family plan of pure unbridled grandfathered awesomeness.

I have the magical Talk & Text + Data plan, the one where the 30 dollar charge for unlimited is knocked down to :10bux: making each smartphone :20bux: plus ~5 in taxes.

Anyone know if I can activate a new line or even bring in an existing Verizon customer keeping my precious plan intact?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

EvilMoFo posted:

So, my friends have all jumped onto sprint and their framily plan, some existing and some switching. One being someone on my family plan of pure unbridled grandfathered awesomeness.

I have the magical Talk & Text + Data plan, the one where the 30 dollar charge for unlimited is knocked down to :10bux: making each smartphone :20bux: plus ~5 in taxes.

Anyone know if I can activate a new line or even bring in an existing Verizon customer keeping my precious plan intact?

You may be able to reactivate that line with a different number, but on a new line your data's going to be at the standard price.

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

He took the number with him so that line appears suspended on the site. I clicked through the motions to add a line, selecting the Nokia tablet and the family plan was shown as some 6gb thing.

Edit: maybe I will stop into Verizon and talk about it.
Edit 2: tinkering around with activate a device shows unlimited, now to find that extra sim I have laying around and activate it.

EvilMoFo fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 4, 2014

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Question on porting a number, wasn't sure the best thread for it. Asking for a friend.

Currently on a family plan under parents. They got an iPhone ~6mo ago. Recently hired, and now they can get on the office plan. The plan is to give the mom the iPhone, but they would like to port the phone number to the work plan.

Is there a way to port the old number from AT&T to the Business Verizon account w/o paying $250 ETF? I feel like there was some gvoice juggling that could be done but can't find anything specific to an existing family plan.

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice
Thank God that Verizon has open enrollment for insurance right now. My wife dropped her 1 month old Galaxy S4 here in Disney, land of rounded stone floors and shattered her screen.

Is it really only 99 to get a replacement through that? When I was on Sprint the deductible was stupid high.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

ninmeister posted:

Thank God that Verizon has open enrollment for insurance right now. My wife dropped her 1 month old Galaxy S4 here in Disney, land of rounded stone floors and shattered her screen.

Is it really only 99 to get a replacement through that? When I was on Sprint the deductible was stupid high.

I think $99 is for Android and the Apple products are dumb high. I think my iphone 5 was $179 for a 32GB replacement. Sigh I remember the days of a $50 deductible.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

DangerZoneDelux posted:

I think $99 is for Android and the Apple products are dumb high. I think my iphone 5 was $179 for a 32GB replacement. Sigh I remember the days of a $50 deductible.

It is $50, for lovely basic phones, so it's probably never changed!

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

it was 20 (maybe 25 or 30) for dumbphones and 50 for smartphones in the olden days

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Does anyone with a Razr HD/Maxx HD find that their connection is just poo poo? I never get LTE coverage, I miss calls, I miss texts, and the web is slow as hell. I'm in downtown Richmond VA too where coverage shouldn't be an issue at all.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Official tethering question:

I'm on grandfathered unlimited. I'm going to be traveling next week and don't want to have to rely on the lolSprint connection on my work phone for tethering.

If I add the $30 unlimited hotspot option and take it off after I get back, do I still get hit with the whole $30, or do they pro-rate it?

I don't want to pay $30, but I wouldn't mind $8.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

What would I need to take advantage if that? Is over the phone better than in store?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Sigma posted:

What would I need to take advantage if that? Is over the phone better than in store?

Over the phone is better in general because there are tighter QA standards and more transparency, so lovely reps get trained up or shipped out faster. Basically when you upgrade on a 2 year or Edge, you'll have to move off of unlimited data, and at that point ask for it if they haven't already offered it. Generally it is the first option unless Share Everything saves you money.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

On Terra Firma posted:

Does anyone with a Razr HD/Maxx HD find that their connection is just poo poo? I never get LTE coverage, I miss calls, I miss texts, and the web is slow as hell. I'm in downtown Richmond VA too where coverage shouldn't be an issue at all.

Get your SIM replaced.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

AlexDeGruven posted:

I'm on grandfathered unlimited. I'm going to be traveling next week and don't want to have to rely on the lolSprint connection on my work phone for tethering.

If I add the $30 unlimited hotspot option and take it off after I get back, do I still get hit with the whole $30, or do they pro-rate it?

When I tried this on my wife's line, the website gave me no choice but to backdate it to the beginning of the bill cycle and cost me the full $30.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

On Terra Firma posted:

Either the SIM is bad, or the device is damaged/defective. Replace the SIM and if it still doesn't work, get a replacement.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

kitten smoothie posted:

When I tried this on my wife's line, the website gave me no choice but to backdate it to the beginning of the bill cycle and cost me the full $30.

Blurgh. Big do not want there.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

hoobajoo posted:

Either the SIM is bad, or the device is damaged/defective. Replace the SIM and if it still doesn't work, get a replacement.

I completely forgot that Verizon even used SIM cards now. Thanks!

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

AlexDeGruven posted:

Is FoxFi an option (or TetherMe if you have an iPhone) for you?

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

duffmensch posted:

Is FoxFi an option (or TetherMe if you have an iPhone) for you?

I'm on 4.4, so even so, it actively reports tethering.

I wanted to stay official, but for $30 and not even knowing for sure I'll need it, not worth it.

If I absolutely need to tether, I'll use my lolSprint S4 with CM10.2

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Supposedly PDANet still works on 4.4, provided you wire up over USB. But that won't help you if you need to connect a wifi device.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Anyone with Verizon know how they price phones for the Moto X?

I just asked for an early upgrade and the customer service rep said that since I'm using a 3g phone that I can get a $300 off an upgrade of full price of the phone.

Now, I asked her how much the full price was for the moto X and she said $400, which means I'd have to spend $100.

However, I went to VZW.com and was forced into the motomaker site where they say its $329 for a 16gb, and $379 for a 32gb. Which is more accurate? The Service Rep or the MotoMaker site?

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Doctor Butts posted:

I just asked for an early upgrade and the customer service rep said that since I'm using a 3g phone that I can get a $300 off an upgrade of full price of the phone.

Now, I asked her how much the full price was for the moto X and she said $400, which means I'd have to spend $100.

However, I went to VZW.com and was forced into the motomaker site where they say its $329 for a 16gb, and $379 for a 32gb. Which is more accurate? The Service Rep or the MotoMaker site?

MotoMaker can't access any special deal you work out with the carrier.

If you don't getting stuck with black or white, take the CS deal.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I'm looking to buy a full price Moto X off MotoMaker while it's on sale so I don't have to use an upgrade and loose my grandfathered unlimited data plan. To do this I just choose the "no contract" option off the site after choosing Verizon correct? Do I need to take it into the a store to activate it, or can I just pop the sim in the new phone?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

ManMythLegend posted:

I'm looking to buy a full price Moto X off MotoMaker while it's on sale so I don't have to use an upgrade and loose my grandfathered unlimited data plan. To do this I just choose the "no contract" option off the site after choosing Verizon correct? Do I need to take it into the a store to activate it, or can I just pop the sim in the new phone?
Just buy it off-contract from the site. It comes with a SIM in it and activation instructions. You can either do it from the website or from a third phone.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Just buy it off-contract from the site. It comes with a SIM in it and activation instructions. You can either do it from the website or from a third phone.

Sweet. Thanks.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.

Doctor Butts posted:

They should be able to do it, but you might not be able to do it online. If you call customer service they should be able to sell out a motomaker moto x to you. You tell them what size you want, they charge you for the phone, then you get an email with a code and link to the motomaker to design your phone. The only thing you can't do is pick your memory. You have to decide that when you pay for it over the phone.

Wokrider
Dec 4, 2012
Has anyone had a phone call regarding a new 2yr contract phone with no activation fee?
I broke my phone the other day so I need to get a new one, unfortunately the number was stored on the phone so I am hoping someone here might have it.
Anyone have some opinions on the LG G2 phone or the HTC one? I've been looking at both I like the LG better but the buttons are in a dumb place.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Wokrider posted:

Has anyone had a phone call regarding a new 2yr contract phone with no activation fee?
I broke my phone the other day so I need to get a new one, unfortunately the number was stored on the phone so I am hoping someone here might have it.
Anyone have some opinions on the LG G2 phone or the HTC one? I've been looking at both I like the LG better but the buttons are in a dumb place.

People are going to tell you that the G2 is the "worst phone ever" for certain reasons. They're exaggerating, but I'd till take the HTC One over then G2 any day.

The build quality, and front facing speakers are amazing.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

People are going to tell you that the G2 is the "worst phone ever" for certain reasons. They're exaggerating, but I'd till take the HTC One over then G2 any day.

Been using the HTC One for almost a year now and still extremely satisfied.

Wokrider
Dec 4, 2012
Has anyone gotten any of those 50$ off coupons to work?
I went to buy the HTC and it wouldn't apply, I started a chat with a rep and they were useless.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

And after owning both. I prefer the g2. Better battery. Almost the same size. And the rear buttons are awesome after you get used to em.

Front speakers are neat. But I don't watch videos on my phone and I have headphones and Bluetooth stuff. If you share a bunch of YouTube videos they rock

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
So this is where we get to bitch about very unpleasant customer service, right?

Because HOOOLLYYY SHIIITTT I've been on the phone with Verizon for 2+ hours trying to get a few things done:

--Order iPhone 5s at retail price; have said phone shipped to my hotel (I'm on the road & won't be at home for months). No problem...except I had to repeat my home address and my shipping address about 6 times because every time the rep tried to push through the order, the computer "froze" or something like that. FINALLY got the order pushed through (just under an hour).

--Fix my loving account. Apparently, when I tried to drop my ex-wife's line by paying the ETF, it was discovered that she was the account owner, despite the fact that I opened the account, I've continued to pay for the account using my credit card, all the personal info is my information. How this occurred, no one has a clue. My ex hasn't worked in over 10 years and has no credit to speak of. Well, I was simply told by the rep to go online (I have my laptop here at work in front of me). Over the course of the last hour+, I re-registered (at his suggestion) no less than about 12 times, only to hit "Enter" after completing the process and being brought to a page that said "Account Locked - Please Call Customer Service". Finally the gentleman suggested that the only recourse was to change my phone number (:wtf:) Up to this point, I'd been patient with the guy, but I kinda' lost it when he suggested that I change a number I've had for 10+ years. I told him to put me on hold and ask for help. I told him I wasn't mad at him & that I wasn't holding him at fault over all this, but I was beginning to lose patience and perhaps it would be best to seek assistance. I was on hold for about 2 minutes before he picks up the line and tells me to re-register again. At this point, I'm ready to put my head thru my screen because I figure the same results are about to occur. Thankfully, it worked this time.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
Can you trade in iPhones directly at the Verizon Store like you can with Apple?

Wokrider
Dec 4, 2012

benisntfunny posted:

Can you trade in iPhones directly at the Verizon Store like you can with Apple?

Yes, The store in my town wanted the phone only So keep your charger and headphones.

Just a heads up to anyone buying a new phone, VERIZON30 works with the LG G2 deal they have going now; the checkout price before it's applied is 100+30 upgrade fee, after it's applied the price is 70+30.
My total came out to 109.99 with tax instead of the 140.99.

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice
I just went through with a warranty replacement of my wife's brand new S4 after shattering the screen in friggin Disney. They sent us a brand new charger and headphones. Do I have to return the original headphones and charger with the broken phone, or are those free bonus items?

Also holy crap the shipping with Asurion is magical. Finished the warranty claim at 11:30PM EST last night, phone at front door 9:30AM today. What the hell kind of voodoo is that. I love it.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

ninmeister posted:

I just went through with a warranty replacement of my wife's brand new S4 after shattering the screen in friggin Disney. They sent us a brand new charger and headphones. Do I have to return the original headphones and charger with the broken phone, or are those free bonus items?

Also holy crap the shipping with Asurion is magical. Finished the warranty claim at 11:30PM EST last night, phone at front door 9:30AM today. What the hell kind of voodoo is that. I love it.
Pedantic, but that isn't a warranty exchange. It's an insurance claim. Keep everything, just send back the phone and battery (if the new one came with a battery) otherwise return only the phone and back cover (again only if the replacement cane with a back)

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice

SeaborneClink posted:

Pedantic, but that isn't a warranty exchange. It's an insurance claim. Keep everything, just send back the phone and battery (if the new one came with a battery) otherwise return only the phone and back cover (again only if the replacement cane with a back)

Crud that's what I meant to say, insurance claim! Thanks for the info though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Speaking of Asurion....

So Thursday night, my phone dropped a few feet and the screen cracked. Touch screen is nonresponsive, etc. Friday morning I call Asurion, file a claim, and the Asurion rep tells me that my phone is in stock, I pay the $99 deductible, and he said it would arrive Saturday. After calling the Asurion automated line again on Saturday to try and find my tracking number (it was never emailed to me like they claimed), the automated line said my phone had shipped on Friday, but after it started reading my tracking number, it glitched out and just ended. So I finally talk to an Asurion rep, who tells me that my phone is actually backordered and it never shipped. No idea/timetable as to when they'd have any in stock, etc. I ask to get a comparable model, she says I can't. I tell them I want my money back until the phone is available obviously, and they 'refunded' me (money still hasn't been credited back to my account...)

I go to their website and read on their policies, and it clearly says that if my phone model isn't available they can provide me with a comparable model. So I call back and after another round with their automated system, I ask why I wasn't offered a comparable model and why was I told that they couldn't do that when their website clearly states that is their policy. The rep tells me that they can definitely do that, but I'd need to file a new claim. She transfers me to someone else, we start to file a new claim and she says that I would need to print out an affidavit, get it notarized, and then fax it along with my drivers license before they can 'review my claim.' ...What the hell? Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed with this? I asked to speak to a supervisor but unfortunately I was at work so I had to leave while I was waiting on hold (for like 15 minutes at this point)

• Locked thread