Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

BlazeEmblem posted:

So that geeky boy game. Were you trying to dress him up is Rogue's (from the X-Men) colors? Cause that's what it looked like.

Maaaaaaaaybe. How did you figure that out?! That was exactly what I was thinking while recording this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Devious Vacuum posted:

Maaaaaaaaybe. How did you figure that out?! That was exactly what I was thinking while recording this episode.

The hair is what made me think it.

Ragny
Feb 29, 2012

I WANT YOU
FOR XCOM ARMY

Midnight Voyager posted:

So I take it you're going to be doing the makeup for Psych when he has that inevitable hot con date with Ragny~?

Bad Midnight, stop that.

OnishD
Oct 22, 2010

Devious Vacuum posted:

:siren: FRENCH TIME :siren:

... with Ragny and Psychedelic Eyeball

In this update... um...

Not to pick on Psychedelic Eyeball, but his initial reaction to the first game was hilarious. I was completely with him in the "I have no idea how I'm supposed to react to this."

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
A friend at Uni had a naturally occurring white streak just like Rogue. She had a birthmark on her scalp there and all the hair that grew out of it was white.

The resemblance was... uncanny, you might say. :haw:

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

While looking around dressupgames.com I found the artsiest of all dress-up games: http://www.dressupgames.com/fashion/erte-elegance-5234.html

My creation:

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

This is a pretty game. For some reason I felt compelled to prove to the thread I have SOME degree of taste in reality even though I always choose the ugliest options in dress up games so here we are:

EDIT: Comedy option

Devious Vacuum fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 4, 2014

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Devious Vacuum posted:

It was the hair. My first thought on the hair was that is sort of looked like Rogue's hair. Then I saw the colors you gave the character and it made sense.

BlazeEmblem fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 4, 2014

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I was checking for girl games on the Android App store and...

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The truth comes out - France: The Original Anime lovers.

The French Touch. Uh. Well.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Devious Vacuum posted:

This is a pretty game. For some reason I felt compelled to prove to the thread I have SOME degree of taste in reality even though I always choose the ugliest options in dress up games so here we are:

EDIT: Comedy option

Oh, I actually like this particular dress up game! I think the art nouveau-ish style actually has some appeal. (I'm an art major who is a big nerd about things like line and color).

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010

Veloxyll posted:

The truth comes out - France: The Original Anime lovers.

You joke, but the French are really into anime.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Amidiri posted:

Isn't there a Totally Spies game? Please tell me there is we need some frenchime in here.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Amidiri posted:

Well, it stands to reason - "anime" is technically a French loan-word. (I'll take that over "Japanimation" any day, though.)

I know what the problem was, though - Psych (and Ragny, I assume?) is French-Canadian, which anyone can tell you is neither French nor Canadian. It makes sense that they wouldn't know what The French Touch truly was.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Amidiri posted:

I remember when Nintendo Power was switching formats around, they had an experimental anime corner because one of the article writers used to have relatives in france whom he would visit and he wrote long-winded articles about Dragon Ball Z.

Was kind of confusing when anime was rather unknown to me as a child. The story was very different in my imagination reading his synapsis however and I thought it was way crazier, somehow.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

RareAcumen posted:

And not everyone has the ability to drop ~80$ or so on a microphone so they can actually say anything.

$80? There is no way you need to spend that much just for a basic microphone for voice chat.

The kissing augments the lives!

ThatPazuzu posted:

I was checking for girl games on the Android App store and...

Game description posted:

look! What a hot girl over there in the bus stop! A bald man is peeping at her!
The smart girl wants farting and she doesn't let others notice this, so she has to fart when any vehicles pass by.
The score is computed by the farting time.You could challenge any players all over the world by using ScoreLoop in the Game.

Content rating: Medium maturity

What's new
--Support more density
--Fix a force close
--Fewer recommend ads
--Add Move to SD Card

I didn't bother downloading it, but I guess it's basically just one of those kissing games but with farting. Over a million downloads, average rating 3.3.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Gyre posted:

While looking around dressupgames.com I found the artsiest of all dress-up games: http://www.dressupgames.com/fashion/erte-elegance-5234.html

I think I won the game?

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012
Wow, that is a good find. I'm not one for dress up games but that one is very cool, very 1920's.

Continuing with the monster theme here is an awful attempt at Vulnavia from the Dr. Phibes movies.

Ragny
Feb 29, 2012

I WANT YOU
FOR XCOM ARMY

KataraniSword posted:

I know what the problem was, though - Psych (and Ragny, I assume?) is French-Canadian, which anyone can tell you is neither French nor Canadian. It makes sense that they wouldn't know what The French Touch truly was.

Psych is French Canadian. I'm French from France. But don't start saying what's "real" french and what is not because that's inviting a really dumb conversation.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Ooh, a dress-up game where the results are actually pretty!

Some kind of sea-goddess figure.

I also like that the default skin tone is a pretty dark brown; it makes such a nice change.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

LeafyOrb posted:

Isn't there a Totally Spies game? Please tell me there is we need some frenchime in here.
Pretty sure there is one for GBA, I saw someone playing it a month or two back or something

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Slenderman bent over the fear-contoreted corpse of yet another victim and sighed. The thrill was gone. It used to be that he loved nothing more than to chase drunk college students through the mist-shrouded woods, but now it all seemed so banal. So - bland. Not like her.

She - Slenderman paused and turned his blank pale face towards the mirror that was the moon - ever since he had first encountereed her wild spirit in the forest, his life had drained of color, like this countryside in the moonlight. Her wild hair. The myriad of esoteric and ridiculous tattoos across her face. The impossibly long legs. Oh, how he yearned to to be held fast in her heterochromia gaze!

What have you done?! I keep trying to write Slenderman/Woman fanfiction in my head and I've never even played the stupid game!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

LordGugs posted:

Wow, that is a good find. I'm not one for dress up games but that one is very cool, very 1920's.

This is really cool. My favorite of the pictures from this game.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 18, 2014

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Well, I'm currently working on another hefty content post in between schoolwork, so for now I'll just post this "ad" I made for the thread which I considered not posting since art is not my strong suit but I worked hard on this lovely joke so eeeeuuuuugh whatever.

I immediately regret my decision.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Gyre posted:

This thing is gorgeous; not at all what I expected from sites like these. I've never touched one of these dress-up games before and don't know much about fashion, but here's my go at it:

Also, mascot stoned fairy is awesome.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

I'm pretty sure that game was straight-up stolen from Doll Divine (which has a decent number of not-poo poo dress-up games), although I probably shouldn't be surprised by that. It is a nice game, though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tiggum posted:

$80? There is no way you need to spend that much just for a basic microphone for voice chat.

Man, I don't know how much a decent microphone costs. :v: I thought that tildes in front of numbers meant something like "roughly" or "up to" I don't have one and I've never had an interest in looking up prices!

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

dijon du jour posted:

This is beautiful and you are a flawless human being.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

RareAcumen posted:

Man, I don't know how much a decent microphone costs. :v: I thought that tildes in front of numbers meant something like "roughly" or "up to" I don't have one and I've never had an interest in looking up prices!

That is what tildes mean, but you can get a basic headset microphone for under $10. I don't know how good one that cheap would be, but I've bought a few for $20-$30 and never had a problem with them.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Like Clockwork posted:

I'm pretty sure that game was straight-up stolen from Doll Divine (which has a decent number of not-poo poo dress-up games), although I probably shouldn't be surprised by that. It is a nice game, though.

Doll Divine has the kind of dollmaker games I futz around with. They're the sort made by experimenting artists, not actually games for young girls. They have their problems, but it's less of a crapshoot there!

Rinmaru's also not terrible, but it also has loving ASCENSION AHGHHH

EDIT: I still have my creation from that goddamn stream when I decided to make the worst thing:

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Feb 5, 2014

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I use a cheap as hell earpiece thing that I sort of jam under my headphones and it works pretty well, also the fuzzy bit fell off. As long as you don't go for the cheapest possible desktop thing you should be fairly OK.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Doll Divine has the kind of dollmaker games I futz around with. They're the sort made by experimenting artists, not actually games for young girls. They have their problems, but it's less of a crapshoot there!

EDIT: I still have my creation from that goddamn stream when I decided to make the worst thing:

Have you been taking pictures of my Guild Wars characters?

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

The game Brian Kibler made? :psyduck:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

That elegant dressup game made me sign up at Doll Divine so I could actually save creations and go back to them. (edit: This might not actually have worked the way I thought it would.) Decided to try to recreate some characters from a thing me and some friends did once upon a time. Might post results later.

I also gave the DS versions of the Monster High games a spin, but they were pretty bad. Like, dull bad, not entertainingly bad. Not really girl games either, even if one of them DID start with designing our monster.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Feb 5, 2014

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

Aw, man, Rinmaru's actually one of the first sites I came across, and I was thinking of doing something on the Ascension Couple Creator because it actually has a few armors that aren't terrible (though most of them are), alongside an astounding amount of customization options. But I've never actually played the Ascension VN; should I be aware of something before I look?

EDIT: Oh, I...just noticed some of the tattoo placements. That's comforting. :stonk:

Anyway, I had fun playing around with Erté Elegance, although I ended up going simple instead of making something really fancy.

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 5, 2014

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MiracleFlare posted:

Aw, man, Rinmaru's actually one of the first sites I came across, and I was thinking of doing something on the Ascension Couple Creator because it actually has a few armors that aren't terrible (though most of them are), alongside an astounding amount of customization options. But I've never actually played the Ascension VN; should I be aware of something before I look?

EDIT: Oh, I...just noticed some of the tattoo placements. That's comforting. :stonk:

Anyway, I had fun playing around with Erté Elegance, although I ended up going simple instead of making something really fancy.

DON'T PLAY THE VN NO NO NO NO NO

Grasslamb did a stream and I voiced the best friend for it and I regretted everything forever. It's terrible.

vvvvv SHE LIES, WE HAD TO DO IT ALL AT ONCE BECAUSE SAVING DIDN'T WORK

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 5, 2014

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Ascension is an excellent and well-made game with no saving-related glitches whatsoever and you should totally play it right now. Trust me.

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!
You guys talking about them made me go check out Rinmaru's games. They seem to be prettier and more customizable than a lot of the other games in the thread. The exciting bit is that I found a contender for :siren:THE DRESSIEST DRESS UP GAME.:siren:

Rococo Costume Creator. Check this poo poo out:

More importantly, I have discovered that there is NO LIMIT to the amount of bows you can put on your character!

Ultimate Bow Simulator 2014.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

dijon du jour posted:

Well, I'm currently working on another hefty content post in between schoolwork, so for now I'll just post this "ad" I made for the thread which I considered not posting since art is not my strong suit but I worked hard on this lovely joke so eeeeuuuuugh whatever.

There is nothing to regret here.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Honorific! posted:

This is what I would look like if my physical appearance matched my personality at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Honorific! posted:

Does it have a variety of silly hats?

• Locked thread