Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Johnny Hazard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Fritz Ann has pretty good taste in her choice of desktop wallpaper.

Judge Parker

I think the Judge is planning on getting his homeowners association to order one for his neighborhood.

9 Chickweed Lane

That isn't surprising. Brooke's writing has been indecipherable for over 20 years.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Shugojin posted:

What's fresh from Mike Lester this week? BLATANT TRANSPHOBIA

He's just mad that transwomen can hit back.

Tiggum posted:

The largest pizzas I can get from any pizza place I know of are 18". Two of those are enough pizza for about six people. Is the rule that you should never have a meeting with more than six people? That seems like a pretty small number.

Wally has a good point. There's nothing worse than going to an event that offers free pizza and only getting once slice.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Magic Hate Ball posted:

He's just mad that transwomen can hit back.

Wally has a good point. There's nothing worse than going to an event that offers free pizza and only getting once slice.

Or there's only vegetarian left, which no one will touch until they're desperate enough to eat pizza with cold watery vegetables on it.

Scary Gary

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Tiggum posted:

The largest pizzas I can get from any pizza place I know of are 18". Two of those are enough pizza for about six people. Is the rule that you should never have a meeting with more than six people? That seems like a pretty small number.
There's a place in NYC that does 32" pizzas. They're kind of absurd.

Not to mention Sicilian pizza...

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

BlueDestiny posted:

I just had to google that :gonk:

Ask and ye shall recieve

This is art.

Anybody recognize the photo of this guy in Lio? I tried to make it be the mayor of Toronto but I don't think it is.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

And that will just encourage him to ask for a really elaborate Halloween costume which mom's going to have to make.

Retail

The big CASHIER sign above Amber's head really sells it.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Look at the mess in this house! (No mess is shown)

Dustin

Customers say the darndest things.

On the Fastrack

Wow Holbrook is really dishing out the burns this past week.

Safe Havens

It's just one big play of serendipity in Safe Havens Land.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mark Trail

Quincy

Office Hours

:(

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

don Jaime posted:

This is art.

Anybody recognize the photo of this guy in Lio? I tried to make it be the mayor of Toronto but I don't think it is.

For some reason I thought it looked like John McCain, but maybe it's someone from The Walking Dead?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ham Shears January 22, 2014

Ride The Gravitron fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Feb 4, 2014

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Volume posted:

Ham Shears January 22, 2014
Uhm. Are you saying there is no Ham Shears for the date?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
No, I'm just stupid. Edited back in.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

"making GBS threads on Rick Grubber's transparent plan" was a better repetitive theme than "Phantom shows off his ostentatious wealth in historical artifacts." It's the first draft of the Magna Carta! And the original Ten Commandments stone tablets! And you'll never guess who ate from this apple tree!

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Best engineer in the world, built a hundred combat suits, can't do phones worth a poo poo.

Mister Beeg posted:

Sergio Aragones ("A Mad Look at Computer Language", Mad #258 October 1985)

"[tn×Mn"

I don't get it :(

"What is that man doing to his anus?!"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

It would be nice if she just paid the bill anonymously and walked away. For some reason, I don't think that will happen.

Rex Morgan MD

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

My Lovely Horse posted:

"making GBS threads on Rick Grubber's transparent plan" was a better repetitive theme than "Phantom shows off his ostentatious wealth in historical artifacts." It's the first draft of the Magna Carta! And the original Ten Commandments stone tablets! And you'll never guess who ate from this apple tree!
If it actually DOES get to that level it'd go back to being funny, this just feels dumb.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (February 7, 1967)

Last week she was telling her little brother to survive. Now we know it was because she wanted to bury him herself.

Funky Winkerbean

It's the pretentious personification of Les's sinking feelings of doom! Le Chat Bleu was last seen in-strip during the really dire phase of Lisa's last months, but the flat reception our mopey hero is giving tells us that these psychotic breaks have been happening a lot since then.

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Pogo: If you didn't like Boston Charlie, you'll gouge your eyes out over this one. (February 7, 1956)

It took me awhile to decode the second song.

Out Our Way (May 19-20, 1924)

The lighter side of murdering your baby brother! (Or "Why mothers get child psychologists.")

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
That Funky strip really makes me appreciate actual, honest depictions of depression in fiction. I mean really some French cat and apparently his "depression" is only shown as mild stress. I think in the last Lisa strips he also *gasp* started to drink a bit more.

If it weren't so hamfisted, he would probably have given up on the terrible Lifetime channel script of his lovely book.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mark Trail meets Mark Two.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

The Adventures of Stinky

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Tiggum posted:

Its pretty sensible advice for the most part. The amount a meeting achieves is generally inversely proportional to the amount of people you have in it. Large meetings only work if they're well planned with everyone up to speed, and even then you have to restrict discussion a great deal.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

A murder-suicide pact is the only way.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Everything good in this world is doomed to die all too soon and all too painfully! Cancer cancer cancer! *draws depression as a silly cat who causes minor inconvenience to people*

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Say what you will about Achewood but when Achewood characters are depressed you notice from their dialogue and behaviour and not from them saying "my depression is setting in" while behaving in every way like they usually do.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Everybody gets this right? The direct translation was kind of mangled, but I think this one gets it across well.

It went right over my head, as most of them do. I enjoy reading Chief Dharma though. I love the artwork. The depictions of office equipment and stuff are amazingly accurate. You can't tell me that, in the first panel, the Chief's printer isn't an HP Laserjet 1320.

The "ghee" thing is pretty amusing too. I'm not entirely sure why. :v:

Jane's World

Totally can't wait to meet Jane's Mom.

Non Sequitur

Makes sense to me.

Heavenly Nostrils

Funky looking apple there, Phoebe's Mom. :v:

Kliban's Cats

'Sup Brocat!? :3:

9 Chickweed Lane 2/4/2003

:ughh:

Zits

Kevin & Kell

I totally misread "furstyle" as "fursuit".

E: Oh poo poo, he fixed the chair/tail discontinuity!

Nemi

:v:

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 4, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

The Creeps

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

SubNat posted:

The Adventures of Stinky

You should be more Moomin-minded.

(Kind of want to grab this for myself.)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Depressed? Drowsy? Drag the duvet down from the divan and dive into Deadweight Dog Comix!

Pooch Café

Poncho and Hudson eventually realise their mistake, but they decide to just keep a boot each and never tell anybody what happened. Story over!

Ballard Street

Russel is sharing one of his shoes with the dog.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

RandomFerret posted:

Depressed? Drowsy? Drag the duvet down from the divan and dive into Deadweight Dog Comix!

Pooch Café

Poncho and Hudson eventually realise their mistake, but they decide to just keep a boot each and never tell anybody what happened. Story over!

Ballard Street

Russel is sharing one of his shoes with the dog.

Russel is the dog.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

And then Arn said "I can't have sex with a kingdom, dude."

Prince Valiant continues to be awesome.

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nevermind Phantom, you want the guy who's been hanging on to that treasure for over 500 years.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Does it strike anyone else as weird that Les is writing the screenplay in the first place? Isn't being able to write screenplays a highly specialized skill that usually isn't done by the writer of the book it's based on, especially if the writer isn't a well-eshtablished in the industry?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

LtStorm posted:

You should be more Moomin-minded.

(Kind of want to grab this for myself.)

Honor or death sleigh riding isn't bad either.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Yup. It's reasonably rare for an author to also write a screenplay. Les is just a special snowflake who mopily fought tooth and nail to protect his dead wife from those Hollywood monsters.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

My Lovely Horse posted:

Nevermind Phantom, you want the guy who's been hanging on to that treasure for over 500 years.
That woman's never coming out of there with her mind intact, is she?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Everett True
March 26 & 27, 1918

Good to see that Everett's wartime patriotic enthusiasm hasn't manifested itself as a complete subservience to all authority.

• Locked thread