Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Nelson MandEULA posted:

pls dont i love kenji! :allears:

quotin' for banime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

destroy that person

are you saying funkiness isn't an SI measure?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/12/sous-vide-circulator-review-sansaire-nomiku-anova.html

a link at the bottom to buy one right now for $199

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

shut the gently caress up how does this help us sanstards

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

sansaire cleans up though so lol worth the wait?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

" The downside of the Sansaire? Its all-plastic chassis feels a little fragile. I can imagine the casing cracking with an accidental spill, or perhaps the clips that hold that back panel in place cracking off with normal opening and closing for cleaning."

$200

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
the downside is that the product is cheap plastic Chinese poo poo.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

works well but do not drop it or startle it or put it in direct sunlight or even write out its full name or it might shatter

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

dont kickstart things

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

na my kickstarted board games and books are pretty sweet

dont kickstart electronics

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
yeah printing on paper and cardboard is somehow more reliable than doing a short run of custom electronics who knew

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Werthog 95 posted:

last two pages have been shittier than the shittiest kickstarter

even shittier than this???? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/663271199/the-edge-of-extinction-online?ref=recently_launched

seriously watch that video and read everything on that page

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

that really is the worst thing ever...

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

and again, you're gonna trust this chinese garbage to keep food out of the danger zone?

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

JawnV6 posted:

yeah printing on paper and cardboard is somehow more reliable than doing a short run of custom electronics who knew

apparently not many people

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

power botton posted:

and again, you're gonna trust this chinese garbage to keep food out of the danger zone?

yep im going to blindly take it right out of the bag and force it down my throat without looking at it, measuring its doneness, or even tasting it

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

JawnV6 posted:

ive never not gotten either one of them, my point is that the electronics have been 100% disappointing while the games and books have all been pretty cool

kindly gently caress along now

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
i can taste salmonella

why all those jerks go and die from it is a mystery to me

its similar to the sensation of knowing exactly what code is running on my system

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

that steak is pink?? that means its still raw, throw it back on the grill for another 5 minutes

steak should be black

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

even shittier than this???? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/663271199/the-edge-of-extinction-online?ref=recently_launched

omg

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

whoops didn't crop that very well

also lol @ you meat agers who aren't goin whole hog with High Meat

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

High-Meat Preparation Notes:-

First get hold of a properly sealable container(eg:- vacuum-jar/sealable plastic box/Bell Jar etc.). Fill half of the box with the raw meats you want to age - make sure to leave 50% of the box unfilled, so as to ensure that there is enough air/oxygen for the bacteria - it's a very bad idea not to leave enough (fresh)air for the bacteria to work on. Then place the high-meat container in the fridge. Make sure to take the container out and air the box outside , at least once every 1 to 3 days for a few minutes, depending on your whim - properly airing the meats outside helps to refresh the air within the box, allowing the bacteria to continue their work, and the more frequently you air it, the faster it ripens - don't air it inside the house as that will stink out the place. Oh, and don't forget to cut up the fresh, raw meats into mouthful-sized pieces before you start using it for "high-meat" - otherwise, it's a rather messy business to cut it all up once it's reached the "high-meat" stage - though, I suppose, one can wait, instead, until it eventually becomes liquid, where one just needs a spoon.

Generally speaking, if the fridge is not at too cold a setting, and if the high-meat container is aired frequently, then it's usually recommended to wait c.1 month before trying it. I find that I get the beneficial effects from the high-meat within c.2-3 weeks after storing it, usually once the outer surface of the aged ,raw meats has become slimy enough, but with the rest of the meat still being quite solid enough to be picked up by a fork - I generally don't like the texture of "high-meat" once it becomes too liquidy. Though, there are some who prefer aging the "high-meat" for several months.

A few people wish to speed up the process by storing the "high-meat" container outside the fridge in the open air, but this is fraught with difficulty as flies are fiendishly clever at laying their almost unnoticeable eggs around the lid, and these can then so easily drop in. It's been suggested by one member of the group that the container in question should be sealed within two separate black bin-bags so as to deter the flies. Plus, when I left high-meat outside, it seemed more likely to go dry, and dried out high-meat is useless re getting the boosts in mood etc.

(I should also mention that I personally only got the fullest benefit from "high-meat" once I started eating c. two (cubic-inch-sized?)chunks of "high-meat" each day, and that the effects, oddly, seemed to only start being noticed after c.12-24 hours. Obviously, though, everyone is different, in this regard).

"High-meat" can be made from pretty much any raw-animal-food-source. The Eskimoes used to age raw fish in this way, the Chinese would age their raw eggs for decades, the French often age their raw cheeses until they become very stinky etc.. I personally found most "high-meats" versions to be a problem for me(especially any "high-meat"-muscle-meats), with the exception of aged kidney, aged tongue, and especially aged ox/beef heart - I use the latter most of the time, for reasons of taste and convenience. I would strongly recommend that people experiment with a wide variety of "high-meats" before they find the one that is least appalling re taste.

Virtually everyone finds "high-meat" a problem at first, re taste, due to past conditioning. My own solution, at the start, was to cut the meats up into very tiny slivers so that I could just swallow them very quickly without having to endure the taste for long. I'd then follow up each mouthful with a big gulp of alkaline (spring) mineral-water in order to blot out the after-taste. Naturally, over a certain length of time, I got used to the taste and no longer need to cut up the meat into such tiny slices or chase each piece with water, and, nowadays, I even relish the rather acidic taste of some kinds of "high-meat", viewing it as a useful alternative to smelly raw cheeses(I happen to be allergic to raw dairy).

Naturally, there are always going to be some who feel they won't ever be able to get used to such fare, so I would strongly recommend that such people buy "EM" products, instead, or, (powerful) probiotic supplements. "EM" stands for effective microorganisms. However, I'm sceptical re the efficacy of the latter two, by comparison to "high-meat", and view them as substitutes only - besides, "EM" products are rather expensive and difficult to prepare, whereas "high-meat" is relatively easy to make.

The benefits of the extra bacteria from "high-meat" include better digestion, and increased concentration, energy-levels and improvement in mood. Here's a standard news-report re a study describing how bacteria help improve one's mood:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1547346/Getting-dirty-could-prevent-depression.html

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Wow thats a big leep yea? Well take a look what you get with this reward! And thanks for backing! 1.)Beta Access 2.)Certificate Signed and dated by the development team with your legal name on it! 3.)Your legal name in the credits! 4.)1 limited edition Tshirt. 5.) AND A FREE COPY OF THE GAME! PC/MAC Platforums Only! The Free copy of the game will be Shiped out after release date we estimate with your help Around October of this year! All other rewards will be delivered around Mid aug of this year!

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Werthog 95 posted:

High-Meat Preparation Notes:-

holy gently caress

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

stretch limos are really tacky and awful

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

holy gently caress high meat is a serious thing

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/display-your-culinary-creations/high-meat-recipe-preparation-for-more-advanced-rafers/

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

oh god dammit

this is a real thai dish but its basically what hes talking about apparently

oh heres a real one

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=9ilmkah21a7lhkp8t8cpu15e33&action=dlattach;topic=316.0;attach=146;image

gently caress me running

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

that is fermented fish

these people are eating rotten meat, on purpose

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
high meat people be crazy yo.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Werthog 95 posted:

that is fermented fish

these people are eating rotten meat, on purpose

why

like they cant even state why they think its a good idea except "bacteria are good because theres bacteria in your gut!"

never mind that most gut bacteria would make you super sick if they were anywhere else nor are the bacteria floating in the air the ones you could use

probiotic poo poo has already been shown to be a load of useless nonsense but i guess we are talking about paleo people here

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
paleo people are crazy. . .

when they hit their final form they go high meat.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
our ancestors ate rotten meat and so should we

we should also stop getting education and not use electronics, like our glorious ancestors

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

99% of paleo info was gathered from watching the flintstones

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
*runs in panting and wheezing from page 293* more.... like..... the zx autism spectrum

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Yodzilla posted:

fetid rear end sweat

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
please don't post my okcupid profile name

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hangout-for-homeless-animals--3

lots of adorable pictures, no real idea what this is actually for