Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Strudel Man posted:

With all the recent memory hacks and such that have come out, is there anything that's likely to address the problem of random, non-repeatable crashes that mostly occur when I'm just wandering around in the wilderness? Which don't require ENB?
Crashes like that in my experience are often caused by the game having trouble loading a lot of stuff, for example from mods that add a lot of new actors (NPCs, monsters, etc).
If this is your problem, the memory allocation tweak and ENBoost can help with that. Note that you can use ENBoost without using any of ENB's graphical whatsits. This plugin can help you find the proper settings for the memory allocation tweak.

Edit:
Also in response to your comment about having "BOSSed it", a tiny rant: BOSS is not a magic fix for any loadorder related problems. It's certainly a neat tool, but it can't spot all possible problems, nor will it fix the problems it does spot on its own. You still need to use your own brain.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quift
May 11, 2012
if you get random crashes just try using wrye bash and tesv edit in that order. solves so many things.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
So I've been using a slightly edited Morrowloot (just deleted the entries which removed crafting recipes in TESVEdit) + Lorecraft + SPERG and enjoying the crap out of the combo, but I've just realized I have a question about Morrowloot: Does it affect Dawnguard and Dragonborn? The mod's page mentions that it's compatible with the DLC, but there's surprisingly little information on whether or not the most recent version actually does anything with them.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Raygereio posted:

Also in response to your comment about having "BOSSed it", a tiny rant: BOSS is not a magic fix for any loadorder related problems. It's certainly a neat tool, but it can't spot all possible problems, nor will it fix the problems it does spot on its own. You still need to use your own brain.
I'm sure it's not magic, but, uh, it does adjust the load order to be more or less correct for known mods, right? I thought that was the whole point.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Strudel Man posted:

I'm sure it's not magic, but, uh, it does adjust the load order to be more or less correct for known mods, right? I thought that was the whole point.

It gives good suggestions to the best of its ability but it isn't infallible. BOSS's rules are either "groups" or "comparisons". If the mod is a "compatibility patch" it gets tagged that by one of the BOSS people and automatically loads near the end. There are also comparison checks like "Load this after X". Because this is a volunteer effort, inevitably someone tags patch A and B as patches, but forgets to have patch B load before A as a rule. Also they've gotten pretty lax these days about adding new up-and-coming mods. Sometimes it'll be weeks before they get added to the rule list, so until then you have to add them manually.

The worst part is BOSS nearly almost ensures a clean load, despite any errors you might have, which means the only way you'll find that error in load order is by playing the game until you see something out of place. "False sense of security" etc etc.

edit: BOSS is a good tool and you should definitely use it though.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ernie Muppari posted:

So I've been using a slightly edited Morrowloot (just deleted the entries which removed crafting recipes in TESVEdit) + Lorecraft + SPERG and enjoying the crap out of the combo, but I've just realized I have a question about Morrowloot: Does it affect Dawnguard and Dragonborn? The mod's page mentions that it's compatible with the DLC, but there's surprisingly little information on whether or not the most recent version actually does anything with them.

It doesn't affect the DLC. Which means if you come across a Revered or Legendary dragon, you're probably going to get some Ebony/Daedric item drops from them, and all DLC added vendors (i.e. Glover Mallory, Gunmar and Sorine Jurard) will have stuff like Dwemer/Ebony/Glass/Elven/Daedric stuff for sale if you're at the appropriate level.

I was working on DLC patches for Morrowloot to remove all of those things from the leveled lists that DG and DB add, but got caught up in other games and sort of left them on the side. Here's a link to my Dawnguard patch that only removes the Daedric/Ebony items from Revered and Legendary dragons. Morrowloot - Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

...I should seriously get back on those patches though...

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

I have immersive armor and jaysus swords, and i just found out that i have no option to make charcoal. Could this be due to conflicting mods or load order?

getting back into Skyrim with mods, i don't know where i would be without the help from this thread.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

ughhhh posted:

I have immersive armor and jaysus swords, and i just found out that i have no option to make charcoal. Could this be due to conflicting mods or load order?

getting back into Skyrim with mods, i don't know where i would be without the help from this thread.

Pretty sure you have to just find charcoal unless you install another mod. Lots of general merchants sell charcoal, and you can find it everywhere in wardrobes and desks and whatnot. One trip through a bandit fort and you'll have enough for a long time.

I think a couple of the survival mods include it as a crafting item, but for the life of me I can't remember which ones do.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

kedo posted:

Pretty sure you have to just find charcoal unless you install another mod. Lots of general merchants sell charcoal, and you can find it everywhere in wardrobes and desks and whatnot. One trip through a bandit fort and you'll have enough for a long time.

I think a couple of the survival mods include it as a crafting item, but for the life of me I can't remember which ones do.

ah thanks, so the ability to make charcoal just wasn't included. Does anyone use both Jaysus and immersive weapons/is merging the two a good idea (i have no clue on how to use Wrye Bash)?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Ernie Muppari posted:

No, another similar mod called Immersive Loot and Cells (or something) does along the same lines as Morrowloot, and affects the DLC.

I too have been working on an overhaul using Morrowloot as the base with full compatibility with SPERG in mind. Hopefully I'll finish it at some point, but man, making mods is a drag sometimes.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is there a mod that makes Serana stop being a bitch and ruining my sneaking? I hate that after I kill someone she goes "Who's there?" and ruins my sneaking bonus for everyone else. :saddowns:

\/\/\/ That would work, too.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 5, 2014

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

UoI posted:

Is there a mod that makes Serana stop being a bitch and ruining my sneaking? I hate that after I kill someone she goes "Who's there?" and ruins my sneaking bonus for everyone else. :saddowns:

I honestly wish there was a mod that just made me skip dawnguard mod entirely that just gave me all the stuff it has.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

UoI posted:

\/\/\/ That would work, too.

Does that actually affect the stealth algorithm?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Yeah, do voice samples really affect stealth, or is it just the fact that follower AI can bug out and think you're "in combat" for a brief moment when you stealth kill someone? Because if the latter is the case, it's more likely that the follower is just latching onto a second target to attack.

Also I think if followers are set to be aggressive attackers they'll attack anyone who's even dimly aware of your presence.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Hows does things like Lootification work with Mod Organizer? Seems like the patcher won't work since all of the armor and weapon files it needs are in their own folders.

sleeptides
Jul 7, 2006
So has anyone had an issue with SPERG where your attack speed becomes.... way too fast? I assume it is SPERG causing the problem because it only seems to happen with greatswords and I have the two-handed perk that gives them a 30% attack speed bonus. But every once in a while it seems to be closer to 300% - like just ridiculous speed-hack clear-a-fortress-in-two-minutes fast. Anyone gotten this bug and know how to resolve it?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

omg chael crash posted:

Hows does things like Lootification work with Mod Organizer? Seems like the patcher won't work since all of the armor and weapon files it needs are in their own folders.

Add the patcher as an MO executable. Add all executables as MO executables.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

sleeptides posted:

So has anyone had an issue with SPERG where your attack speed becomes.... way too fast? I assume it is SPERG causing the problem because it only seems to happen with greatswords and I have the two-handed perk that gives them a 30% attack speed bonus. But every once in a while it seems to be closer to 300% - like just ridiculous speed-hack clear-a-fortress-in-two-minutes fast. Anyone gotten this bug and know how to resolve it?

Open up the console, type in help "weapon speed" and it should bring up a spellID

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

ughhhh posted:

ah thanks, so the ability to make charcoal just wasn't included. Does anyone use both Jaysus and immersive weapons/is merging the two a good idea (i have no clue on how to use Wrye Bash)?

Alternatively, bring up the console and type "help charcoal 4", and it'll poo poo out a bunch of form IDs for it. They'll look something like "004f41" or something along those lines (I made that one up). Once you have the appropriate form ID, you can just use the player.additem command, syntax works like so: "player.additem 004f41 1" (no quotes). That would add 1 item of that form ID (in this case a big honkin' cat-man dildo in the spirit of this thread and because I made it up) to you.

Also note that you don't need to include the first zeroes in the form ID. For example, the form ID for gold is something like "0000000f", however you can just add as much gold to your character as you like by just typing "player.additem f 10000" (obviously in this case that would add 10000 gold). The rule is simple: you can ignore inputting all of the zeroes to the left of any non-zero, so if that form ID is "0100", you can input "100" and get the same result.

To give you a real example: "player.additem 6f993 1" would add 1 Firewood to your character. "player.additem 5ace5 1" would add one Steel Ingot, and so on.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hey for all of those people working on Morrowloot upgrades this guy did one:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50740/

What has changed:

quote:

1) Elven, Glass, Ebony, and Orcish equipment recipes are craftable again, however there will be a race and smithing skill requirements for them:
-- Altmers can craft Elven and Glass equipment as soon as they obtain the appropriate smithing perk.
-- Orcs can craft Orcish equipment as soon as they obtain the appropriate smithing perk.
-- Any other race will need more levels in smithing in order to craft those equipment. To be exact, you will need an extra 20 points in your Smithing skill level to be able to craft them.
-- Ebony can be crafted by anyone, but has to be done on the Skyforge. Lore-wise you need the best forges in order to craft ebony. The Skyforge is one of them.

2) Dwarven equipment is craftable, but will require the Ancient Knowledge perk you get from one of the quests in the game.

3) Adds a few more hand placed items. Specifically mage items like spell tomes, staves, and mage clothing, since Morrowloot seems to focus more on armors and weapons.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

That looks really good. If I can get off my lazy rear end and open up the CK again I would probably go in and make it so that you HAVE to break down the items you find before you can craft any of them, if you don't meet the racial requirements.

i.e.
-Not only would you have to have the 20 extra points for Elven gear, you'll also have to break down whatever Elven items you have before you can craft new versions of them.
or
-You need to meet the 20 point requirement for Orcish gear, and have been accepted as a friend of the Orcs before you can craft Orcish gear.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
Hope you wise Dohvakin don't mind a quick question. I started a new Breton Mage a couple of weeks ago, and when I was walking into Whiterun for the first time, I ran into this female Khajit follower just walking around outside the city gates:

Holy poo poo Shunari is awesome. Same voice pack as Lydia, but without the lovely attitude. Handy both with a bow and arrow, and fire to the face when fights get close. Mobs drop like flies. Couldn't be happier, but I'm afraid to dismiss her since I don't know if I could find her again. I've looked around the web for references to one "Shunari", and the most I can find are references to a "Shunari Eye-Fly" from Morrowind.

So, where did she come from? Any idea? I'm running a small handful of mods, including Dawnguard and Dragonborn; did she come from one of these maybe? I don't think she's from "Immersive Followers"...

Thanks in advance.

NadaTooma fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 5, 2014

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009
Is this the Immersive Followers mod you have installed (I did a Google search for it)? It has this in it's description:

Companions and Followers posted:

=====Follower Loactions (after 9pm)=====
Shunari: Follows the Kajiit Caravan (at all times)

Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?

NadaTooma posted:

Hope you wise Dohvakin don't mind a quick question. I started a new Breton Mage a couple of weeks ago, and when I was walking into Whiterun for the first time, I ran into this female Khajit follower just walking around outside the city gates:

Holy poo poo Shunari is awesome. Same voice pack as Lydia, but without the lovely attitude. Handy both with a bow and arrow, and fire to the face when fights get close. Mobs drop like flies. Couldn't be happier, but I'm afraid to dismiss her since I don't know if I could find her again. I've looked around the web for references to one "Shunari", and the most I can find are references to a "Shunari Eye-Fly" from Morrowind.

So, where did she come from? Any idea? I'm running a small handful of mods, including Dawnguard and Dragonborn; did she come from one of these maybe? I don't think she's from "Immersive Followers"...

Thanks in advance.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17823/

It is Immersive Followers - when I downloaded the above mod, it's named "Immersive Followers.esp"

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Kaebora posted:

It is Immersive Followers - when I downloaded the above mod, it's named "Immersive Followers.esp"

Includes weird baby-faced Serana:

:stare:

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!

Kaebora posted:

That's the one! Thanks. Didn't see that in the original description.

And while I'm at it, what an awesome mod. Skyrim really is the gift that keeps on giving.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh man the male Khajit and Argonian followers look so loving :black101:

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
Are there any mods that add decent mounted spellcasting? There's a mod called Mounted Casting, but that requires you to use the keyboard to cast spells and hasn't been updated for newer versions of Skyrim. There's also the Horsemen mod, but I don't know if that works with Convenient Horses and I've heard it's very buggy even on its own.

It seems like such an obvious thing to put in, especially since Dragonborn added a decent mounted casting animation for dragon riding, but I haven't found any reputable mods for it.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

sleeptides posted:

Weapon speed should only ever be too fast if you have another mod which gives you a weapon speed effect and the weapon speed script has broken in some way. Mess with the MCM options just in case (you want to set it to 'off'), but if that doesn't work, you'll need to either identify the conflict or remove SPERG's weapon speed fix manually through the console.

Without going into too much detail, all weapon speed effects give 1 more weapon speed than they should to correct for a vanilla bug. When you have two effects both giving you that +1, your weapon speed is 100% higher than it should be. SPERG's weapon speed abilities do not give you that +1 precisely for that reason. Instead, the +1 is provided as a separate bug fix effect that can be removed or added as needed. It should happen automatically, but it obviously isn't because... Skyrim.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

If anyone cares, I Lootified a few new mods. Warmongers Armory, FF7 Blades at the Forge*, Keyblades*, and Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade (The last one there assumes you will have installed all the optionally supported mods: JSwords, Bandoliers, and such.) Enjoy, distribute, do whatever the gently caress you want with it.

* Shut up.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Mortimer posted:

Hey for all of those people working on Morrowloot upgrades this guy did one:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50740/

What has changed:

This is sick, thanks for posting.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

The Sharlikran version of Better Sorting seems to have disappeared from his mod page. If it doesn't reappear, does anyone know of a good replacement?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
If you are starting a new game, check out this mod combination a god-tier old-school alternative start and gameplay (add your other various gameplay overhauls and tweaks to your hearts content, I use Requiem + Aziroks patches).

Latest version of Skyrim Unbound. Lets you randomize and customize your starting location, gear and spells to a very generalized or very specific extent (as an example, I want to start in the whiterun jail vs. I want to start in a random jail vs. I want to start in a completely random location). Can also turn on/off various aspects of Dragons/Shouts/Word Walls (until the main quest activates them), including bypassing dragons entirely and automatically learning shouts from word walls. Works very well with other mods where-as a lot of the alternative alternate start mods will bombard you with dialogues and other poo poo right at new-game.

Latest version of Character Creation Overhaul. Latest version as-of 1/1/14 provides the ability to specify major and minor skills among a couple other nice new features. Basically returns the class system to the game. Does a bunch of other stuff as well.

Latest version of SXP. Self explanatory, brings an experience system back to TES. I fore-go the authors advice and have both the XP and traditional systems on at the same time, as I have character ADD so I am always re-leveling by the time I'm 30, but I recommend setting the XP to 50-100% default value and using the Uncapper, set vanilla skill training at 50% of their normal values. Gives the best of both worlds; you are rewarded for various actions (exploring) with XP and you are also able to improve the skills you use the most as in vanilla. The combination works well. I had to patch SXP to get rid of the engrish, because I'm OCD like that but it otherwise works pretty remarkably.

Latest version of Player Size Adjuster and Camera Fix. Relatively minor, but it's a nice immersion booster.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
How well does SXP play with something like SPERG?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Nova88 posted:

The Sharlikran version of Better Sorting seems to have disappeared from his mod page. If it doesn't reappear, does anyone know of a good replacement?

Another Sorting Mod is a relatively new and well done sorting mod. It's actively supported and supports all DLC and many of the popular mods.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Guys, guys. Guys.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50598/
"Princess Horseriding"

Gonna make a buff male orc and install this animation pack.

Edit: Oh, it has breast physics. Now i understand why its one of the top files on the Nexus at the moment.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 5, 2014

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

poptart_fairy posted:

How well does SXP play with something like SPERG?

I would imagine perfectly fine, though I don't use SPERG.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

SXP works fine with SPERG if you turn off any of the additional xp gains SPERG has.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, having done that I can happily recommend SPERG alongside the mods Mr.Crow suggested.

It's a bit awkward having to dive into a menu to distribute experience points, but - for me anyway - it helps avoid 'redundant' skill levels. I can just stockpile experience points Doing Stuff and spend them on what I want. Unbound CCO has resulted in a Breton with 60 HP, 120 Stamina, zero spells but about 35 or so Stealth/Archery. Along with Hunterborn etc I'm living off the land just like my ancestors would want. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptides
Jul 7, 2006

seorin posted:

Weapon speed should only ever be too fast if you have another mod which gives you a weapon speed effect and the weapon speed script has broken in some way. Mess with the MCM options just in case (you want to set it to 'off'), but if that doesn't work, you'll need to either identify the conflict or remove SPERG's weapon speed fix manually through the console.

Without going into too much detail, all weapon speed effects give 1 more weapon speed than they should to correct for a vanilla bug. When you have two effects both giving you that +1, your weapon speed is 100% higher than it should be. SPERG's weapon speed abilities do not give you that +1 precisely for that reason. Instead, the +1 is provided as a separate bug fix effect that can be removed or added as needed. It should happen automatically, but it obviously isn't because... Skyrim.

Oh, hi. I forget that if I post about SPERG here I might get a reply from the creator! Thanks for this, seems to have fixed it. For what it's worth, I think SkyTweak was applying its own weapon speed fix and that was combining with SPERG's + the perk. Why it only seemed to happen occasionally though, I have no idea. Thanks for this mod too, it's allowed me to replay this in a huge way, I love it :3.

sleeptides fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 5, 2014

• Locked thread