Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
So which episode was the Nakayama's thing with dinos was in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Zain posted:

So which episode was the Nakayama's thing with dinos was in?

A Very Special Episode of the Catch Copy segment.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks alot Meme Emulator and Manfrey! It'll take a look at your suggestions! :)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ShiroTheSniper posted:

I don't know where to ask this but anyway...

I've an interest in Japanese (game)shows... I love GCCX and I love Gaki No Tsukai too... I don't miss an episode... Can anyone suggest me anything else, (video)game related or just funny/silly as GNT, with subs and all? But I'm not much into anime.

Thanks alot! :)

It's a Korean show, but a lot of people I've seen discussing Gaki no Tsukai have said that they love Infinity Challenge.

I've heard it takes a while to find its stride, but the latter episodes are arguably as good as any Gaki. I haven't watched it though so I can't personally vouch for it.

There's a collated list of English translated episodes here.
http://yoojaesukkie.wordpress.com/2012/11/28/muhan-dojeon-english-subs-infinity-challenge/

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Running Man is another Korean show that's probably worth looking into, I think it's got a thread in TVIV somewhere

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Well, now I can safely say I've heard a Japanese announcer politely tell me to "suck it down."

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

Its not Japanese, but The Genius has had my attention lately: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3593386

I realize its not in the same vein as Gaki where people get whapped in the balls all the time, but its still a personality and talent driven show. If you watch JDramas or read japanese comics, they basically ripped off the plot of Liar Game and made it a reality gameshow, except people are playing for fame instead of fated to die due to being millions of dollars in debt. Some of the games they play are straight up copies of Liar Game games.

Thanks for linking to this! I love Liar Game and I can't imagine how fun it'll be to watch it "for real".

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008

ShiroTheSniper posted:

I don't know where to ask this but anyway...

I've an interest in Japanese (game)shows... I love GCCX and I love Gaki No Tsukai too... I don't miss an episode... Can anyone suggest me anything else, (video)game related or just funny/silly as GNT, with subs and all? But I'm not much into anime.

Thanks alot! :)

Don't completely discount idol shows. They definitely come with some baggage and are little more than a vehicle to push upcoming stars but they can be a lot of fun once you get some skin in the game. Give the Korean variety Invincible Youth a shot. If that doesn't float your boat KBS has recently uploaded a ton of their old variety shows with subs onto Youtube.

I would love to know why they switched the two levels for the American version of Tom Sawyer.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Cemetry Gator posted:

Well, now I can safely say I've heard a Japanese announcer politely tell me to "suck it down."

This is a post that shouldn't have to be made, but some of the posts in this thread have been making me wonder-- everyone who's watched it knows that those are joke subs and not what's actually being said, right?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Did you know there was re-recorded dialogue, and that actually was what was being said?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Son Ryo posted:

This is a post that shouldn't have to be made, but some of the posts in this thread have been making me wonder-- everyone who's watched it knows that those are joke subs and not what's actually being said, right?

The complete tonal shift at the reading of the catch copies should normally be a dead giveaway.

Still, I had no idea about this going into the video, and the thing that stood out to me was the "panoramic" talk I recognized from the original segment. So combine that with the obvious cuts, the very different display of the posters and the fact the posters are English and it should be very obvious.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I know it's fake from the original posting but even when I rewatch it now it takes a while to make sense as that. I don't think it's at all unreasonable to think that its 100% genuine and a goofy DVD extra or something.

epmode
Feb 11, 2008

Man, To Catch a Catch Copy is still the best segment they've ever done. I'd love to see it come back.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
To Catch a Catch Copy is awesome, but without the likes of endlessly looping Bolero, it can't quite assume the guise of total perfection.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

As an aside, is there a particular reason why DVD bonus and Nintendo Channel challenges are subbed so little compared to regular episodes (40~50% on the former compared to roughly 70~80% on the latter)?

Not complaining, just wondering. Well, maybe I am complaining, because I want to see Spelunker subbed, but then again, I also want to see DKC2 subbed, so it evens out.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The Wii and 3DS episodes all look like poo poo for one thing.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Mister Chief posted:

As in, the only raws that can be found are poor quality?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mister Chief posted:

Down with bit starved raws with baked in subs!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to make Arino play a shooter? Is it possible that he's finally mastered them? And can he go an entire challenge without screwing up a continue?

This episode was translated by zari-gani and checked by Hirayuki.

Download Torrent

Mister Chief posted:

Regarding the quality of the Wii stuff, it was all designed for streaming to the Wii which means grainy, low res, first season quality. The MegaMan 9 promo video looks especially off. There's no chance of a better version of those, however.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Feb 4, 2014

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I've been watching the series from the beginning again since it's been 2 years (!) since I was first introduced to GCCX by this thread and I haven't watched it at all in a while. I had almost forgotten what a magical mood-improving effect this show has. :allears: At the same time it's weird watching the old episodes knowing that Arino is a decade older nowadays.

Also thanks for the new episode, I'll be sure to watch it 15 seasons from now. :v:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Kanfy posted:

Also thanks for the new episode, I'll be sure to watch it 15 seasons from now. :v:
At my current download rate, it'll take about 15 seasons to show up on my computer. :negative:

Ganty
Jan 8, 2005
Because we want to! Because we want to!

Hirayuki posted:

At my current download rate, it'll take about 15 seasons to show up on my computer. :negative:

Yeah it looks like we need seeds. I am trying my best to help share but I only have 44% of the file right now with an ETA of 16 hours.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ganty posted:

Yeah it looks like we need seeds. I am trying my best to help share but I only have 44% of the file right now with an ETA of 16 hours.

Yeah, my upstream is being especially bad today and it's not good to begin with. Once my copy has gotten out a bit for that initial seeding things will be better.

bigboss172
Oct 10, 2012
been downloading at 24KB/s for awhile now..on the brightside I have 85% of the file finally and my Upload speed is at 1100KB/s. I sure hope that helps get it out there so I can finish this download!

Thanks so much for the new episode, makes my day everytime!

Vamino
Oct 21, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

Yeah, my upstream is being especially bad today and it's not good to begin with. Once my copy has gotten out a bit for that initial seeding things will be better.

Out of curiousity, are you using a super-seeding/initial seeding option? If not, that might help. From what I understand, doing that makes the torrent try to share the full file across multiple people (eg. four leechers get a different 25% each so that there would effectively be two full copies.)

Edit: Better information here: http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Super_Seeding

Vamino fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 4, 2014

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Vamino posted:

Out of curiousity, are you using a super-seeding/initial seeding option? If not, that might help. From what I understand, doing that makes the torrent try to share the full file across multiple people (eg. four leechers get a different 25% each so that there would effectively be two full copies.)

Edit: Better information here: http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Super_Seeding

Yep. Thanks for mentioning it though. I only worked that out about six months ago. :v:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Glad to see another episode again so soon. Kinda hope you do Diddy Kong Country soon, but I can imagine that will take a while since it a three parter.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Rirse posted:

Glad to see another episode again so soon. Kinda hope you do Diddy Kong Country soon, but I can imagine that will take a while since it a three parter.

I've actually been working on that, but I just got a paid translation job so it'll be a little while.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

zari-gani posted:

I've actually been working on that, but I just got a paid translation job so it'll be a little while.

Subtitling the second English release disc set of Game Center CX, right?

Right? :smith:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I wish Abe's future-telling ability was wrong this time.

E: "Fami kamisama" almost sounds like a pun. Is it? Like "Famicomisama". Or maybe not.

PureRok fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 5, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Sky Kid: If only continuing hadn't been so hard! Arino made it two stages before the end. So close! Toujima acting like Kan at the end was super hilarious. I didn't think the game looked that fun in the previews or the copy that's going into the 3rd GCCX game, but after watching this episode I think it's got a lot of style to it.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
The Sky Kid episode was great. Thank you guys again for another awesome release, especially with it being a newer episode. :)

I just hope that someday Arino finally conquers a shooter on-air and doesn't have another continue fail, but we know those will never happen even after ten years.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Arino on 3rd Street will never stop being hilarious to me thanks to having played all the Saints Row games.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

RadicalR posted:

Subtitling the second English release disc set of Game Center CX, right?

Sorry to say, but I'm translating the indie game Mercenary Kings to Japanese for their Japanese PS4 port. The experience I got from translating so many game terms and descriptions in GCCX eps is coming in super handy!

Not to say that I haven't been working on official GCCX stuff too.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

zari-gani posted:

Sorry to say, but I'm translating the indie game Mercenary Kings to Japanese for their Japanese PS4 port. The experience I got from translating so many game terms and descriptions in GCCX eps is coming in super handy!

Not to say that I haven't been working on official GCCX stuff too.

:negativ-

Wait? Official GCCX stuff?

Now I'm curious. Also, gently caress Sky Kid, I remember playing that when I was a kid. Never made it further than the stage after the first target practice.
I think I would've thrown my controller at the TV scene if I had made it to that ending.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

RadicalR posted:

Now I'm curious. Also, gently caress Sky Kid, I remember playing that when I was a kid. Never made it further than the stage after the first target practice.

I didn't know there was a continue code and I got to level 20 (the first volcano land). :negative:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

"The next game challenge begins with 'N' " (according to Twitter)

At least give us a chance to get it right!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Ninja Five-oh

Apollove
May 31, 2013
Ninja Gaiden III?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gutcruncher posted:

Ninja Five-oh

I love that stupid game.