Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Anyone know an alternative for BatteryDoctorPro? They still haven't updated it for ios7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I don't know about the 4, but on my 4S at least, iOS 7 runs fine. I'm sure it would be even better on a newer gen iPhone, but honestly, I just don't see the need right now.

On another note, has anyone noticed their iPad battery draining more quickly under iOS 7? My 3rd gen seems to eat up more power than it did before the upgrade. Not catastrophically moreso, but still noticeably.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
iOS7 ran fine on my 4S, it just dropped apps out of memory ridiculously fast. Actual usability was fine aside from Messages being a hair laggy when scrolling.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Any tweak to make wallpapers act like they did in earlier iOS versions?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

Any tweak to make wallpapers act like they did in earlier iOS versions?

Can you be more specific?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I know I can get rid the the motion in the settings but it still has that annoying zooming effect I'd like to get rid off.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

I know I can get rid the the motion in the settings but it still has that annoying zooming effect I'd like to get rid off.

Well I can't be sure, but I think NoSlowAnimations must suppress it, because I definitely don't have a zoom anymore and I haven't installed any other animation/zoom/parallax-related tweaks.

Are you already using NoSlowAnimations?

e: now that I think about it I may have messed with the Animation settings in HiddenSettings7: check the Animation Overrides section inside that and turn off Slow Animations and dial down the Slow Factor maybe.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jan 31, 2014

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

The constant zooming in when I'm trying to resize the image when first placing it. Sorry, meant that.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'll admit totally irrelevant to this thread. But if by some wizardry ios7.1 falls for the same jailbreak, the wallpaper zooming is something they (Apple) fixed.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I've been doing a poor job of keeping up with this thread, my iphone 5c is on version 7.0.4 I think I'm going to jailbreak it for sick lock screens. Since the OP is still crossed out, is there anything I should be on the look out for, like common issues and stuff. Also does anyone know of a evasi0n ios 7 version of the lock screen in the OP?

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Thread title needs an update hardcore.

I bit the bullet and paid the three bucks for Springtomize 3. Im glad I did! It works really well and has a lot of different features.

I was able to uninstall most of the tweaks I used, as Springtomize has them all included, and in some cases better executed.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

shootforit posted:

Thread title needs an update hardcore.

I bit the bullet and paid the three bucks for Springtomize 3. Im glad I did! It works really well and has a lot of different features.

I was able to uninstall most of the tweaks I used, as Springtomize has them all included, and in some cases better executed.

I used to love Springtomize back when I was on iOS. I believe it was around iOS 5.

Anyways, what's new in Springtomize 3? And what version are you on?

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

numbs posted:

Anyways, what's new in Springtomize 3? And what version are you on?

I haven't used a previous version of it, so I would not be able to tell you what is new with 3.

I was able to remove Fake Carrier, Dock Shift, a tweak to hide icons, NoSlowAnimations, a respring tweak, and a few others I can't remember. Springtomize 3 adds all of those different tweaks in a unified way.

Pretty much everything can be done with various free tweaks though. I don't think it does anything new per se.

Im using a 4S on 7.0.4.

lox
Apr 24, 2006

coffin party
A few pages earlier in this thread someone posted a status bar fix from a third party repository (StatusBarFix2 was the name) and while this tweak does fix the black text on black background for apps such as calculator and FaceTime, it has also started to randomly turn text white on white backgrounds in random apps such as Safari and Gmail. Anyone else experience this with this tweak installed?

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Is there a tweak that will allow a SMS or iMessage thread to be expanded to the very beginning by hitting the "load earlier messages" once rather than a million times?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

lox posted:

A few pages earlier in this thread someone posted a status bar fix from a third party repository (StatusBarFix2 was the name) and while this tweak does fix the black text on black background for apps such as calculator and FaceTime, it has also started to randomly turn text white on white backgrounds in random apps such as Safari and Gmail. Anyone else experience this with this tweak installed?

If you go back to the package in Cydia, the developer has a couple of troubleshooting tips for if it doesn't work. Not sure if it mentions the issue you're having, but that's definitely worth a look.

lox
Apr 24, 2006

coffin party

decypher posted:

If you go back to the package in Cydia, the developer has a couple of troubleshooting tips for if it doesn't work. Not sure if it mentions the issue you're having, but that's definitely worth a look.

Actually, upon uninstalling this tweak and respringing my device, the issue still persists. The ONLY tweak I have installed now aside from Cydia defaults is Bloard and this shouldn't cause anything like this. Anyone else seeing anything remotely similar? Is this part of the same bug that Calculator and FaceTime have?

This is after hitting the reply button in the Gmail app.

lox fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 1, 2014

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Respringing is one thing, but what about simple reboot?

lox
Apr 24, 2006

coffin party

decypher posted:

Respringing is one thing, but what about simple reboot?

I'm not new to this, I've tried everything under the sun including restoring and re-jailbreaking.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I just now noticed that in the mail app. Post a thread on r/jailbreak I suppose and either get an answer from a dev or someone who fixed it.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
What's the name of the app that turns off passcode when you're on home wifi?

Also, has anyone used it with a phone subject to an exchange security policy that requires a passcode to be set to get email? Does it bypass the passcode in a way that exchange can't tell, or does it just do the same thing as (temporarily) turning off passcode from settings, meaning mail won't come in when it's active?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

randyest posted:

Also, has anyone used it with a phone subject to an exchange security policy that requires a passcode to be set to get email? Does it bypass the passcode in a way that exchange can't tell, or does it just do the same thing as (temporarily) turning off passcode from settings, meaning mail won't come in when it's active?

CleverPin. I'm unsure about the exchange policy issue.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is there anything that lets me move the time display on the lock screen? I have a 4s with 7.0.4.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
StatusModifier aloes to you mess around with the status bar. But some spaces in front of the time to move it to the right.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Upmarket Mango posted:

Is there anything that lets me move the time display on the lock screen? I have a 4s with 7.0.4.

SubtleLock puts the clock right under the status bar on the left, and the date in the right. It costs a buck. I'm using a 4s, and while I did read reports of it crashing 4s's, it's working just fine on mine.

CustomLC is free and it moves the clock to the status bar in the lock screen.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

shootforit posted:

SubtleLock puts the clock right under the status bar on the left, and the date in the right. It costs a buck. I'm using a 4s, and while I did read reports of it crashing 4s's, it's working just fine on mine.

CustomLC is free and it moves the clock to the status bar in the lock screen.

CustomLS does everything I wanted and more, thanks!

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Finally have my lockscreen how I like it, but I have an issue with the fact that the flags for notifications overlap with the clock. Is there a tweak to reposition/resize the flag box?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I think LockHTML does this? I'm almost positive on that.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

With baseball season almost upon us, are there any working location spoofers aside from Location Spoofer, which has been "about to release an iOS 7 version" for a month now?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

GoatSeeGuy posted:

With baseball season almost upon us, are there any working location spoofers aside from Location Spoofer, which has been "about to release an iOS 7 version" for a month now?

Protect My Privacy - does a lot of other cool things, too. Best of all, it's free.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is there anyway to delete repo sources from Cydia when the regular "edit -> delete" option doesn't let me delete them? I added a whole bunch of repos that Cydia suggests or whatever but one of them is broken and I can't get rid of it and so I get error messages every time I start Cydia.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
In iFile go to /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d

If you don't see them there you need to edit the cydia.list file and remove the source manually.

Also check /var/lib/apt/lists and /var/lib/apt/lists/partial to remove any remnants of that source.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

ihatepants posted:

Protect My Privacy - does a lot of other cool things, too. Best of all, it's free.

Praise be to the Light!! This is exclusively why I jailbreak: to circumvent the bogus MLB.tv blackouts.

I'm so very grateful for this useful software that I navigated their website trying to find a donate option but unfortunately I don't see one.

GoatSeeGuy posted:

High five

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Can anyone recommend me a free jb app to hide app names and have more icons in the dock?

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

randyest posted:

It's CleverPin and if anyone else is curious it does enter the passcode just as if you were typing it (as opposed to disabling it) so it still allows me to get my email without requiring a passcode on my home wifi. YMMV I guess.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

goodness posted:

Can anyone recommend me a free jb app to hide app names and have more icons in the dock?

Winterboard can do the first thing. Id be interested in knowing about the second too.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Five Icon Dock Modoki is free

Infinidock/Springtomize for paid

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Repo for Five Icon Dock Modoki is http://kindadev.com/apt

Victorian Gentleman
Nov 24, 2007
You sir clearly have no etiquette
I skimmed the last few pages and didn't see this asked.
Has there been anyway to downgrade an ios 7.0 and above device to ios 6?

I miss my jailbroken ipad 3 and updated it by accident months ago, for reference its stuck at 7.0.2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Victorian Gentleman posted:

I skimmed the last few pages and didn't see this asked.
Has there been anyway to downgrade an ios 7.0 and above device to ios 6?

I miss my jailbroken ipad 3 and updated it by accident months ago, for reference its stuck at 7.0.2

No.

• Locked thread