Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
"Oh hey this random zone event gave me a vanity item ... Wait that's not a vanity item."

Too bad they'll raise the level cap by the time I care enough to make a warrior alt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

You're the luckiest person alive holy poo poo

Neaky
Jul 15, 2008
Is the Guild still active?

My name is Violynt.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

"Oh hey this random zone event gave me a vanity item ... Wait that's not a vanity item."

Too bad they'll raise the level cap by the time I care enough to make a warrior alt.

it's level 51 so you can powerlevel a warrior to 51 and go ham in pvp. the weapon dps is equivalent to a t1 relic.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

shut up gelly posted:

it's level 51 so you can powerlevel a warrior to 51 and go ham in pvp. the weapon dps is equivalent to a t1 relic.

So is everything on it, pretty sure the stats and hit are level 60 but the item is 51.

blackmage
Sep 9, 2006

Elswyyr posted:

What's a good rogue solo build? My friend is running some abysmal Tactician build that averages around 1k single target dps at lv 54, and he's never gonna level that way.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-dis...eling-spec.html

I've been using this one for the past 20 levels or so, and it's pretty awesome. Easily sustain 4-5k dps to similar lvl mobs, ST or AoE, at lvl 55.

edit: oops, forgot I had a question too.

I have some credits left over from buying SL. Is there anything actually worth spending them on? I'm not interested in costumes, but a faster mount would be nice. Or any practical utility things.

blackmage fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 3, 2014

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

blackmage posted:

I have some credits left over from buying SL. Is there anything actually worth spending them on? I'm not interested in costumes, but a faster mount would be nice. Or any practical utility things.

Credits are the most cost effective way of buying a mount. Do that.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
If you don't have enough for a mount, the brevanic portal generator is a good purchase if you like teleports on cooldowns. (it lets you teleport to any portal that you've unlocked, with a 1 hour(?) cooldown, self-only)

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Apparently the thing is classified as a 2H sword even though it's really a 2H axe, which has some really glitchy results:

Good thing every doorway in Telara has 20 feet of clearance.

Rymos
Jan 31, 2014
Have they improved cleric tanking at all? I played the game a bunch back when the cap was 50--doing progression as a cleric tank was pretty fun, heh.

The main problem was a glaring lack of real tanking CDs though and burst aggro, if I remember correctly.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rymos posted:

Have they improved cleric tanking at all? I played the game a bunch back when the cap was 50--doing progression as a cleric tank was pretty fun, heh.

The main problem was a glaring lack of real tanking CDs though and burst aggro, if I remember correctly.

Cleric tanks have both burst aggro and good cooldowns. Some of those are the same skill!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I would appreciate a guild invite. I'm currently in there as Karx, but found it a bit overwhelming to return halfway through the leveling process. Made a new guy named Karkus.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

I have been having threat issues lately against t2 geared warriors getting lucky bursts (and relic tanking weapon procs take aggro off me like a fat kid taking a candy bar). It's not insurmountable, but if I am not paying attention to threat because of some other mechanic (or because I am worrying about my own health) then it's game over.

I've taken to taunting eggtenders almost constantly (every 10-12 seconds) just to make sure Vandee/Egeus don't shear aggro. A few times I had to run to find my healer (their fault) I lost aggro.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

deimos posted:

I have been having threat issues lately against t2 geared warriors getting lucky bursts (and relic tanking weapon procs take aggro off me like a fat kid taking a candy bar). It's not insurmountable, but if I am not paying attention to threat because of some other mechanic (or because I am worrying about my own health) then it's game over.

I've taken to taunting eggtenders almost constantly (every 10-12 seconds) just to make sure Vandee/Egeus don't shear aggro. A few times I had to run to find my healer (their fault) I lost aggro.

Nerf warriors.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

Nerf warriors.

No, bring everything else in line with warriors.

(Like give Shaman a thing to do on disconnects).

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Returning to the game after a long hiatus, would appreciate a guild invite for Rambles.

Egeus
Jun 2, 2011

Zoness posted:

You have vex, what else do you want

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Egeus posted:

Something that you can cast besides (and including) vex, since it is a dot an

oh, sarcasm

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Egeus posted:

Give them fiery spike, if it's good enough for bladedancer it drat well better be good enough for shaman!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Egeus posted:

"Let them cast vex"
-Attributed to Marie Antoinette

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Vex, Lightning Hammer, Frozen Wrath, and Eruption of Life all have 30m range. Honestly, I'm more annoyed when I get punted right after hitting Deep Freeze.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

Vex, Lightning Hammer, Frozen Wrath, and Eruption of Life all have 30m range. Honestly, I'm more annoyed when I get punted right after hitting Deep Freeze.

You can't be serious in saying that makes up for anything when paragon and harbinger get to do full normal rotation damage half the time.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

You can't be serious in saying that makes up for anything when paragon and harbinger get to do full normal rotation damage half the time.

Look at his post history, guy's retarded.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Zoness posted:

Most "disconnects" are short enough that by the time that set's finished, it's safe to go back in.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

Most "disconnects" are short enough that by the time that set's finished, it's safe to go back in.

There's a difference between having things to do during disconnects and getting to do your full normal rotation during disconnects. Also, there are definitely fights where you will be out of melee for 5-6 GCDs at least, depending on the strategy you use (Matriarch for example, some Regulos strategies, and very often for the Brothers in IG).

I realize Shaman gets a lot of advantages over other melee specs mostly in smooth transitions between AoE and ST damage, but having the ability to have a 20m range massive blow once every 30 seconds would be pretty nice, also if Ekkehard's Grasp had a physical equivalent that lowered the cooldown of Massive Blow that would be just peachy. The losses from your standard melee rotation are pretty substantive from missing a few gcd's.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Zoness posted:

There's a difference between having things to do during disconnects and getting to do your full normal rotation during disconnects. Also, there are definitely fights where you will be out of melee for 5-6 GCDs at least, depending on the strategy you use (Matriarch for example, some Regulos strategies, and very often for the Brothers in IG).
Pretty much everything to burn through before Ekkehard's is part of a standard rotation anyway, and most of it will drop Massive Blow's CD so it's not really a big deal if the disconnect doesn't drag on for too long. The loss is definitely there and gets worse the longer the disconnect goes on (or more like, the longer Massive Blow is off CD and not being used), but I don't think it really matters much at all with short run-outs, and it's a shitload better than when the only things you could do were cast Vex and then spam Ekkehard's.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

It's like you never did any relevant content at all

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Rianeva posted:

Give them fiery spike, if it's good enough for bladedancer it drat well better be good enough for shaman!

Ooh, or swift shot, make it like they're playing assassin with no positional requirements that mysteriously also picked up consistently meaningful offensive CDs.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
RIFT 2.5: Hotfix #13 2/5/14

== PROMOTION ==
A new Frosty Budgie mount can be acquired from Limited Edition: Budgie Troves, available on the Rift Store and by completing the new achievement Chicken Run!

A new Ashen Budgie mount can also be purchased with Bird Seed, which is obtained from the Limited Edition: Budgie Trove and by completing new daily quests in Silverwood (Guardian Only), Freemarch (Defiant Only), Pelladane, and Cape Jule.

Note: This event runs from 8:15am server time on February 5th and ends at 8:15am server time on February 12th.

PVP AND WARFRONTS
* It is no longer possible to join a team and then quickly leave it before the invite pops up.
* To queue up a raid for conquest, every person in the raid must have the same conquest faction assigned (be it none, or a specific team).
- Note: The button for a raid with people from one conquest faction and unaligned members will still be clickable, but won't do anything - this will be fixed in a later change.

ZONES
IRON PINE PEAK
* Mobs in Iron Pine Peak will now once again rarely drop dimension items or random rare/epic items.

STEPPES OF INFINITY
* Fixed an issue with The Craft of Conflict zone event that would cause the Nug Battler Nug to remain untargetable during the pie throwing phase during the event.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Oraculum Animi posted:

== PROMOTION ==
A new Frosty Budgie mount can be acquired from Limited Edition: Budgie Troves, available on the Rift Store and by completing the new achievement Chicken Run!

A new Ashen Budgie mount can also be purchased with Bird Seed, which is obtained from the Limited Edition: Budgie Trove and by completing new daily quests in Silverwood (Guardian Only), Freemarch (Defiant Only), Pelladane, and Cape Jule.

Note: This event runs from 8:15am server time on February 5th and ends at 8:15am server time on February 12th.

PVP AND WARFRONTS
* It is no longer possible to join a team and then quickly leave it before the invite pops up.
* To queue up a raid for conquest, every person in the raid must have the same conquest faction assigned (be it none, or a specific team).
- Note: The button for a raid with people from one conquest faction and unaligned members will still be clickable, but won't do anything - this will be fixed in a later change.

ZONES
IRON PINE PEAK
* Mobs in Iron Pine Peak will now once again rarely drop dimension items or random rare/epic items.

STEPPES OF INFINITY
* Fixed an issue with The Craft of Conflict zone event that would cause the Nug Battler Nug to remain untargetable during the pie throwing phase during the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiacwfsKK3o

You can't get the mount off dailies alone, you have to buy him or buy chests for extra bird seed. It is not worth doing them past the first day really, the first time you get a Trove so do it once and forget about them.

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat

Oraculum Animi posted:

== PROMOTION ==

For the Ashen budgie... Apparently you cannot get enough bird seed by only doing the daily quests to purchase the budgie. So basically there's no reason to do the dailies past the first day for the Limited Edition: Budgie Troves.

Edit: beaten like a motherfucker ^^^

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

tbh i feel warriors are overtuned as gently caress right now and bringing other classes in line is enough to trivialize pretty much all of the current content. i wouldnt mind some kind of nerf (to wavelength/combat focus/alacrity) to bring them in line, but trion never does that so :shrug:

also i updated my pts client yesterday and had to download a loving whopping 10gb. i really hope that's just the client screwing up and making me redownload half of the client instead of real patch data.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

I just started playing this, think I'm level 9. It's interesting. I tried WoW for like a week years ago and didn't like it but this seems pretty fun running around with my murderpig so far.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Oh god, everything has been reset. I have a late 20's Cleric and Mage, but all my poor skills have reset. I feel like I should just reroll and figure it all out again...

So how active is the goon guild? I just transferred a couple of my characters to the new goon server (Used to be on a PVP server).

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 6, 2014

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

NuckmasterJ posted:

Oh god, everything has been reset. I have a late 20's Cleric and Mage, but all my poor skills have reset. I feel like I should just reroll and figure it all out again...

Yeah if they are only level 20 you can get there again pretty quickly. Although really it doesn't matter until you get higher level, you won't have many abilities at 20 to learn.

quote:

So how active is the goon guild? I just transferred a couple of my characters to the new goon server (Used to be on a PVP server).

Fairly active. We are starting to do T2 raids again, and we have a couple groups running 10 mans (T1 and T2) on some days. Around 25 people on during prime time, though I'm honestly not on much outside of raid nights anyway.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

Yeah if they are only level 20 you can get there again pretty quickly. Although really it doesn't matter until you get higher level, you won't have many abilities at 20 to learn.

Fairly active. We are starting to do T2 raids again, and we have a couple groups running 10 mans (T1 and T2) on some days. Around 25 people on during prime time, though I'm honestly not on much outside of raid nights anyway.

Alright I figure I will make new characters and try to vendor/save some items and just relearn the class. I still cant clear this Coin Lock though. When I get my email its to reset my password and security information which I already did. I'm not getting any code to enter to clear the coin lock. Suggestions?

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 6, 2014

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

NuckmasterJ posted:

Alright I figure I will make new characters and try to vendor/save some items and just relearn the class. I still cant clear this Coin Lock though. When I get my email its to reset my password and security information which I already did. I'm not getting any code to enter to clear the coin lock. Suggestions?

You may need to reset your password first for some reason. Not sure why, but try that and then resend the coinlock email.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

NuckmasterJ posted:

Coin lock emails always end up in my spam folder, thanks Gmail. Try checking yours?

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Blacula posted:

Coin lock emails always end up in my spam folder, thanks Gmail. Try checking yours?

It came to me about 4 hours after I requested it, so its all good. I'm going to stick with my already made cleric and mage as everything seems pretty cookie cutter mmo. Nothing much new and scary to blow my mind from 2011 to now it seems.

I'll be in the goon channel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Trying to join the guild, in game as Agimus

• Locked thread