Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Sorry but chapter 1 was actually pretty good and funny and interesting and well sets up the comic. Maybe you just have bad taste? Yeah most definitely you have terrible taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Guys Darth Windu does this in like every webcomic thread.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Basically person with lovely opinions espouses lovely opinions publicly: news at 11.

Darth Windu posted:

Leaning on cheap visual shorthand that anime uses is a crutch and prevents artists from finding their own style, as is patently obvious in this comic

This is entirely untrue and really insulting in this case. gently caress off.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

There really is pleasure to be found in having no pleasure sometimes

I am a hedonist and what is this?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The comic's good but Chapter 1 really was weak. The three people I've recommended Paranatural to have all reported back with "I thought this was going to be really bad after Chapter 1 but holy crap this comic is fantastic"

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's not even chapter 1, it's the first 10 pages or so.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Brannock posted:

The comic's good but Chapter 1 really was weak. The three people I've recommended Paranatural to have all reported back with "I thought this was going to be really bad after Chapter 1 but holy crap this comic is fantastic"

Yeah chapter one is decidedly average, especially the art. But fortunately, like your friends said, it gets a lot better (and chapter 1 is quite short to boot).

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Zoolooman posted:

So anime it rules. :3

Zooloo what the gently caress is your avatar from it's adorable

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeeeep.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Captain Oblivious posted:

Zooloo what the gently caress is your avatar from it's adorable

Yeeeep.

It's fanart of an escaped fish rapist with the voice of the GEICO Gecko from Dota 2.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
When I get bored I like to read webcomics and then crack wise on them, it's a bad habit.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

AnonSpore posted:

It's fanart of an escaped fish rapist with the voice of the GEICO Gecko from Dota 2.

Murderer, my friend.

He's an escaped murderer fishman with a tiny lil' accent and a rogueish love of guttin' people with his hooked knife. Also, he's just inexplicably adorable, I think because he has big blinky eyes and wiggly purple fin-ears.

As for Paranatural, yes, the opening is fairly shoddy compared to what it becomes, but it clearly shows a massive and almost immediate degree of improvement within the first few minutes of reading.

Zooloo fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 5, 2014

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

When I get bored I like to read webcomics and then crack wise on them, it's a bad habit.

Yeah, I'd say going into threads and saying "HEY THIS THING YOU LIKE? IT SUCKS" is a pretty bad habit. Have you checked out the Terrible Webcomics Thread in GBS? That one might be more your steam, since they poo poo on comics that are actually bad. I'm sure you'd just defend those comics for the purpose of being a contrarian, though.

e: holy poo poo you are the most insufferably smug person on earth

Portals fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 5, 2014

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Portals posted:

Yeah, I'd say going into threads and saying "HEY THIS THING YOU LIKE? IT SUCKS" is a pretty bad habit. Have you checked out the Terrible Webcomics Thread in GBS? That one might be more your steam, since they poo poo on comics that are actually bad. I'm sure you'd just defend those comics for the purpose of being a contrarian, though.

I'm just giving my opinion. I can't actually stand to read any of the comics posted in that thread, so I do not frequent it. They cause me physical pain. And before you ask, yes, having such high standards is a both a gift and a curse.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You are a blight on fun conversation. If I was a mod I would never stop 6-houring you.

Has anybody made any avatars from recent pages? I'm only capable of cropping poo poo out with mspaint and giving it a border :shepface:

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Darth Windu posted:

If you consider what you have been doing in this thread cracking wise, I would hate to see what you think tedious smarm looks like.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Patrick Spens posted:

If you consider what you have been doing in this thread cracking wise, I would hate to see what you think tedious smarm looks like.

I bet you think Family Guy is hilarious satire, don't you Windu?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Darth Windu posted:

I'm just giving my opinion. I can't actually stand to read any of the comics posted in that thread, so I do not frequent it. They cause me physical pain. And before you ask, yes, having such high standards is a both a gift and a curse.

Jesus christ dude did you really type this out and think anyone wouldn't want to punch you in the face?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Darth Windu posted:

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of you furiously masturbating your ego.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Regy Rusty posted:

And people fall for it every time :sigh:

fake edit: Oh my god people are still replying to him. People getting so defensive over their webcomics is why he does this! :argh:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
personally I love watching when this stuff pops up in threads :allears:

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

It's better then a million pages of echo chamber speculation.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darth Windu posted:

How do you feel about barbers?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Darth Windu is just being tsundere please do not feed the tsunderes

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Darth Windu is just being tsundere please do not feed the tsunderes

I don't even want to loving imagine what his でれでれ looks like.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
It is my kokoro wish that we get back to discussing the webcomic.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
The blacksmith ghost: I noticed some of his stuff was just barely legible, does anyone have a transcription of everything he said? I also noticed some people in the comments calling him Forge, where did they get that from?

Kesshan
Jan 29, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

The blacksmith ghost: I noticed some of his stuff was just barely legible, does anyone have a transcription of everything he said? I also noticed some people in the comments calling him Forge, where did they get that from?

I think Forge might be a nickname - I don't really recall where it originated from. As for the transcripts, if you look through the comments on the comic pages, most of the text has been transcribed for you, I believe.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Forge is what Zack has called him outside of the comic, although I don't have a specific source on that.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Darth Windu posted:

The Blacksmith Spirit, and the Doorman, are using a translateable cypher. There are translations of both out there

They're basically just speaking in the negative space of letters

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

The Blacksmith Spirit, and the Doorman, are using a translateable cypher. There are translations of both out there

They're basically just speaking in the negative space of letters

Yeah, I recognized that, I just couldn't be arsed to figure out what was being said. I'll take a look through the comments.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Paranatural should be animated by Disney. Anime was born from Disney so it'll be a full circle-type deal.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Level Slide posted:

Paranatural should be animated by Disney. Anime was born from Disney so it'll be a full circle-type deal.

I'm in as long as Ed paints with all the colors of the wind.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rereading Paranatural again. Just noticed who's listening to the ninja-rabbit on this page.

Unrelated, on the next page, the Doorman and the forge spirit apparently have a "usual method" of doing things. Wonder what they have to do with each other.

Edit: Also unrelated, Grandpa is a huge dick (every time I read that page I notice more on it, most of which relates to what an rear end in a top hat Grandpa is) and I still think that he's the last person who should be calling Spender out on rude comments, even if the latter's quest is ill-fated or whatever.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Feb 6, 2014

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?

Not sure what you're talking about. It's just the shadow rabbit, the forge spirit, and the pixel dogs. The ghost train in the 4th panel isn't really there, it's just an illustration of what the rabbit is saying.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Heavy Zed posted:

Not sure what you're talking about. It's just the shadow rabbit, the forge spirit, and the pixel dogs. The ghost train in the 4th panel isn't really there, it's just an illustration of what the rabbit is saying.

The pixel dogs are listening, which is how they got the idea of hitching a ride in the first place.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Oxxidation posted:

The pixel dogs are listening, which is how they got the idea of hitching a ride in the first place.

More precisely, the red-aura pixel dog is listening, which is why he turned tail and fled upon seeing the "sunglasses spectral" becoming hostile while his two bros didn't react immediately and got skewered.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Roland Jones posted:

Edit: Also unrelated, Grandpa is a huge dick (every time I read that page I notice more on it, most of which relates to what an rear end in a top hat Grandpa is) and I still think that he's the last person who should be calling Spender out on rude comments, even if the latter's quest is ill-fated or whatever.

As spectrals, Spender and Isabel deal with threats and dangers that they will receive absolutely no help with. What are they going to do? Call a cop, trust the military, hire a private contractor to put enormous locks on the doors? They have to be self-reliant, and Grandpa's pushing both of them to be tougher and more independent--to stop looking to others for help and take care of themselves. Even his lecturing of Spender is less, "Stop being evil," and more, "Stop being evil where people can see, nerd."

Maybe you disagree with this. There's a lot to disagree with! But he clearly cares for both of them.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
I too, have been rereading this comic, and I picked up on something that may or may not have terrifying implications. It's the part where Max walks through a crowd not realizing its all ghosts:

http://paranatural.net/chapter-1-page-31/

All of them are students so... did a bunch of kids die horrible deaths at the school? :stonk:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Nick_326 posted:

All of them are students so... did a bunch of kids die horrible deaths at the school? :stonk:

They could be spirits taking the form of students to fit in. Or Max's mind is filling in the gaps of vaguely humanoid figures in the school halls. We still don't know how most of this stuff works.

Or, yeah, maybe some horrible tragedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Or Mayview is so highly spiritually-concentrated that everyone who dies there sticks around for a while as a ghost.

Isaac did mention offhandedly that "there'd be a ghost" if Johnny really had died.