Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

How is bub doing

Everything posted lately seems like she's doing fine, however Bub is still fairly young so who knows what her life expectency will turn out to be. Her owner did have to put out some messages recently about how a festival was misrepresenting the fact that Bub would be there when she wouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Did they ever say what happened to cause Colonel Meow to pass away so suddenly? :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Did they ever say what happened to cause Colonel Meow to pass away so suddenly? :(

Probably over-memed.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

They haven't said yet, but he'd been having health problem for awhile. I think he had heart surgery in November.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Radio! posted:

They haven't said yet, but he'd been having health problem for awhile. I think he had heart surgery in November.

Ah I didn't know he'd had surgery. I would bet that whatever genetically was behind his unique coat probably also came with some health problems. The price we pay for funny-looking Internet cats :(

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:
Someone passed an article around here at work (can't remember what site they got it from) that said the Colonel had been battling a kidney infection and possible renal failure, and the stress of it all caused cardiac arrest. I can't confirm that anywhere though, but I do seem to recall something about him needing to go to the vet recently for something big.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

I love cats whose faces are just a little bit flat but not totally smooshed, with big cheeks

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
As neat as it is to have these really weird and unique cats, I'm glad I have 2 standard barn mutts that will give me a solid 20 years (I hope) without health issues.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

veedubfreak posted:

As neat as it is to have these really weird and unique cats, I'm glad I have 2 standard barn mutts that will give me a solid 20 years (I hope) without health issues.

Don't get me wrong, I love my little rear end in a top hat orange tabby who was taken from the woods

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Junior in his tower.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Don't get me wrong, I love my little rear end in a top hat orange tabby who was taken from the woods

Well that's because orange tabbies are objectively the finest cats in the world.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Trig Discipline posted:

Well that's because orange tabbies are objectively the finest cats in the world.

Henry agrees.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
Two out of three cats say black cats are superior to all other cats.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

And I got the worst of both worlds: little orange tabby arsehole moves in of his own accord and turns out to be 10+ years old and have multiple medical issues due to age and starvation. Poor little sod but oh god my bank account.

(He's getting fat and down to 3 pills a day now at least....)

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dingleberry posted:

Two out of three cats say black cats are superior to all other cats.

That's because black cats are genetically predisposed to be stupid and wrong. I have had several, and they were.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Trig Discipline posted:

The only downside is they can't reproduce because they're all gay.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Really Pants posted:

Normally I loving hate it when people repost random pictures from Imgur but look at this

JUST LOOK AT IT

Is that a purrito?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

The only downside is they can't reproduce because they're all gay.

Which is why we're working so hard on cloning technology!

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
Uh oh. Tabitha has heard of my allegiance to orange cats. No doubt plotting her black cat revenge.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Trig Discipline posted:

That's because black cats are genetically predisposed to be stupid and wrong. I have had several, and they were.

I think this is true because the three black cats I personally know are especially stupid and have occasional appropriate-urination-location issues. Only one is actually inbred.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I had two black cats, and both were just odd and dumb creatures. The older one, Claude, was sweet as could be but had a habit of drooling profusely when he got to purring, which was always. His son, Microclaude (Mikey), was just loving mental. His "meow" was more of a high-pitched, breathy "meeeeheeeeheeheheeehee" than anything else, he had weird OCD-ish behaviors, and if you picked him up off the couch or counter and dropped him on the floor, he would freeze like a statue in whatever position he happened to have landed in for anywhere up to five minutes, while his tiny insane brain caught up with the fact that he had been moved somehow aaaaaahhhh what the hell just happened. I loved them both, but good lord they were not smart animals.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Cat selfie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I had 4 teeth fixed today and I was groggy as hell and in pain when I got home. My boy Izzy knew I was in pain and wouldn't leave me alone, he plopped down on my chest and nuzzled me for a good hour, roamed around the room and came back for another hour. He's my very own therapy animal.

Babydoctor
Dec 29, 2012

My cat, Tiger.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Rhyno posted:

I had 4 teeth fixed today and I was groggy as hell and in pain when I got home. My boy Izzy knew I was in pain and wouldn't leave me alone, he plopped down on my chest and nuzzled me for a good hour, roamed around the room and came back for another hour. He's my very own therapy animal.

Sometimes cat's are awesome like that. :3:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Holy smokes what a gorgeous lady! :3

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Babydoctor posted:

My cat, Tiger.

this comes to mind

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

Very good cat

I had an orange tabbie that lived to be 21. Marmalade. She was an old, mean, cat, but she loved me. Pissed on my brother's jacket probably once a week for ten years.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

This cat knows what you did last summer.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Chiming in on the "black cats are eejits" thing. Our black cat, Omar, is the dumbest cat I've ever met. I always think of cats as these intelligent, independent creatures. Omar is not. Omar will make a noise and terrify himself. Omar will fall off of a shelf with no reason whatsoever. However, Omar is the sweetest animal I've met outside of my childhood cat. When we have lots of friends sitting around, he goes nuts because he has too many laps to sit on, and goes from one to another. He also seems to think that my tablet is a place to lay while I'm trying to draw.

Sweet cat. Dumb.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Fedule posted:

Cat stuff

I also have two cats called Asterix and Obelix! Will put up some pics some day.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

I'm sure it's a repost, but here:

"My laptop snaps a photo of the person that wakes up my computer..."

CHEEZball
Nov 23, 2006
My kittens really enjoy a good game of shot roulette

Also: This is why they are indoor kitties!

http://www.thatvideosite.com/v/6686/cat-gets-gopro-camera-attached-to-his-head-apparently-cats-do-crazy-things

aghastly
Nov 1, 2010

i'm an instant star
just add water and stir
I wish I were as constantly content as my cat.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
We haven't had a cat-in-a-box picture in a while, so here's my cat. In a box.

Typically, she moved as I snapped the pic.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Mister Kingdom posted:

We haven't had a cat-in-a-box picture in a while, so here's my cat. In a box.

Typically, she moved as I snapped the pic.

"That's not a loving camera, is it?" <:catstare:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

Babydoctor posted:

My cat, Tiger.

MY cat, Tiger :catstare: