Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Avshalom posted:

last night i dreamt i went to an ex-prison island where a series of circumcision cults had sprung up in the 1800s and all the male prisoners had decided to circumcise themselves with industrial machinery, before some kid put arsenic in the well and they all died

i was somehow accused of this 200-year-old crime and ended up on trial for mass murder with the ghost of ariel sharon as my lawyer

he promised me life imprisonment with possibility of parole but then they called up a guy who claimed he'd received me in a swap while playing wife swap australia and that i was a stone cold killer and i ended up sentenced to death; ariel snuck me some cigars with poison in them so i could die on my own terms, but i sent him away because by then i'd come to terms with my crime and was willing to accept my impending execution

this has been a troubling message from the spirit world

I got really excited reading the first paragraph of this post and was gonna ask for a wikipedia or amazon link but then it turned out to not be real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
hello cherrydoom

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I have a new favorite thing for colds.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/getplus/item/2461493/

I had no idea that ginger was so awesome.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

I got really excited reading the first paragraph of this post and was gonna ask for a wikipedia or amazon link but then it turned out to not be real.
it was real to me

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Dongicus posted:

hello cherrydoom

Putty did us all a service by replacing your awful avatar

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Donkay NOoo posted:

Putty did us all a service by replacing your awful avatar

yeah thanks putty, you da best

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

poopkitty posted:

I have a new favorite thing for colds.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/getplus/item/2461493/

I had no idea that ginger was so awesome.

Ginger is great for cold.

I want one of these chairs from that site, but they're all out of the purple. :(

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/prs/item/bell/

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

you rock posted:

now that there's diva cup, men aren't the only ones who can spell their name in the snow.

I don't think a diva cup goes where you think it goes.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
please don't put that divacup into your urethra, people

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Thora posted:

I don't think a diva cup goes where you think it goes.

You can make red snow now instead of yellow.

In other news, I just had Cookie Butter for the first time. I ate most of the jar already. :)

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
this thread is my personal art blog now

with this picture (it's the cover image) my portfolio is officially finished, thank god, THANK GOD

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Avshalom posted:

with this picture (it's the cover image) my portfolio is officially finished, thank god, THANK GOD

I'm stealing this as background art for a game of FATAL I'm DMing.

Edit: I just noticed the modern buildings at the top. that owns.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

FATAL

what

that is joke yes

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
bored game nerds

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
FATAL is the one where you roll for rear end in a top hat elasticity

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pick posted:

rear end in a top hat elasticity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kmKf1tlVWs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i don't get minecraft

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I found the crossover point of Ladythread and Nitethread.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
aatrek spotted

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Galaxy school girls, galaxy leggings. Why not

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

I found the crossover point of Ladythread and Nitethread.

~~kawaii~~

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I can never decide if I actually like galaxy print or if I think it's horrifically tacky

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
i saw her skirt had stars and poo poo on it and was going to make a black hole joke but naah

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Avshalom posted:

can i live here please
i dont even care if my place is ocean view because a daily walk to the ocean will do me good

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
if you look real close you can see a skelly

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
A bugs life is on the Disney channel

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Avshalom posted:

keep making art like this and i don't care if you exploit this unaffiliated space for your own artshowin'

good art

yes

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

I don't play those but sa had an article on that game and they showed a chart in the book where you can roll for the diameter of a baby's anus

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
One of my co-workers just told a story in the next cube. It was about how he took his wife (Japanese) to Singapore (English speaking country) and left her at a restaurant while he ran to McD's with the kids. She ordered crab and whatever he wanted and when the bill came it was S$900. That's $700 American. She couldn't figure out the prices and said gently caress it.

The moral of this story is no McDonalds, kids.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

it was real to me

your brain is an excellent place

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

poopkitty posted:

One of my co-workers just told a story in the next cube. It was about how he took his wife (Japanese) to Singapore (English speaking country) and left her at a restaurant while he ran to McD's with the kids. She ordered crab and whatever he wanted and when the bill came it was S$900. That's $700 American. She couldn't figure out the prices and said gently caress it.

The moral of this story is no McDonalds, kids.

What the shut? Who goes to an actual restaurant but lets their kids get poo poo from mcdonalds. Bad parents.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

What I'm wondering is how you spend $700 between two people

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Donkay NOoo posted:

What I'm wondering is how you spend $700 between two people

No, that was just the crab. It was $20 USD per 100 grams. Wifey didn't read the menu or ask, just ordered a whole crab. E: It was 3.25 kilos. Fatass crab.

BBB, you are so right. I was alarmed at the whole "my kid was crying so I ran to McD's for her" thing, too. His argument "she's picky." Well duh, guess why you indulgent arsehole. But I am seriously surrounded by idiots most of the day, so McD's for the kids are only the tip.

Also today, the HAES movement and how Doctors are insensitive idiots.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

looks like due to procrastination on my part, I'm stuck learning spanish for my foreign language requirement

on the bright side, that will probably be way more useful as a high school teacher in california than french or russian would be (and I only really wanted to learn russian because cyrillic looks cool)

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Portals posted:

looks like due to procrastination on my part, I'm stuck learning spanish for my foreign language requirement

on the bright side, that will probably be way more useful as a high school teacher in california than french or russian would be (and I only really wanted to learn russian because cyrillic looks cool)
spanish is lovely

i only speak super-basic russian but i'm comfortable with cyrillic so i write myself notes in it to keep myself fluent, the notes are in english but the text is in cyrillic and it's like my super-secret language

and thank you everybody for tolerating my artdumps! friends forever

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
that's a nice art

i like your stuff

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

spanish is lovely

i only speak super-basic russian but i'm comfortable with cyrillic so i write myself notes in it to keep myself fluent, the notes are in english but the text is in cyrillic and it's like my super-secret language

I could probably just do the same and teach myself cyrillic, that way no one can copy off my notes

your art is super pretty and I love the soft muted colour palettes you use

e: this thread is insane

Portals fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 6, 2014

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Portals posted:

Not having to learn a new alphabet (or 3) makes learning a language easier, IMO. I lived in Cali for a long time, and went there speaking fluent French. Now my Spanish is better than my French because I heard/read it EVERY DAY.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Avshalom posted:

spanish is lovely

I like your artdumps, Av. They make me happy inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
another vote for avshalom's art

• Locked thread