Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

TaurusTorus posted:

So you missed the half-time show?

Holy poo poo... Jon Bois is some kind of time wizard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm

Pneub posted:

So yeah, that was an pretty accurate computer simulation, aside from the cyber-fetus forming on the 50-yard line.

My God, it's full of scores.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Pretty much everything HelixSnake does is a glitch right?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Overminty posted:

True

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Overminty posted:

Or gratuitously injuring his character.

Usually both.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That Madden article had more heart, humour, and interesting plot twists than most actual videogames.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Lobok posted:

That Madden article had more heart, humour, and interesting plot twists than most actual videogames.

I didn't even know other sites besides SA did screenshot LP's.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Lobok posted:

Yeah as someone who has no care in the world for football, reading that article turned my day around. The ending compilation video is really good, if you missed it the first time around like I did.

buglord has a new favorite as of 19:40 on Feb 5, 2014

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

It was a pretty accurate representation of the actual superbowl too, which made it even funnier.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

So International Snooker is a game apparently

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Haruharuharuko posted:

Big deal I've done this at the bar

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I get glitches in complicated 3D engines, but on a snooker table? Jesus Christ.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The caves/collapsing mine sequence in Assassin's Creed: Liberation is the buggiest thing I think I've ever seen in the entire AC franchise. The rest of the game is relatively fine other than some odd pathing glitches, but this sequence is something else.

First it taught me the swim/dive mechanic, and while I'm orienting myself with some pretty clunky swim controls it decides to clip through the wall and swim outside of the map, nearly drowning me until I suddenly surface outside the map walls and can see the entire cave system below me. I have to restart from the last checkpoint.

Then I go through the rest of the cave and solve the puzzle, win the boss battle, and have to escape through a collapsing mine. I climb up as falling rocks pass me, jump past a bunch of collapsing boards, and I fall to my death. Restart.

I notice I was supposed to deploy the whip on that last jump, but I thought I hit the button for it. So I try again. Whip doesn't deploy for no reason. I fall to my death. Restart.

Get back to that same part again, make absolutely certain my whip is equipped and I'm hitting the right button. It's literally not doing what I'm telling it to do. I fall to my death. Restart.

I climb back up the falling rocks area but this time I get hit by one. It doesn't kill me but I'm knocked to the bottom of the area and now Aveline is walking forever straight into the wall and I have no control over her. Restart.

This time a falling rock lands on the platform I need to get to and stays there. I can control Aveline but I can't climb past the rock so I'm now trapped, and the camera angle won't change so I can't look anywhere but at this big dumb rock in my way until the timer runs out and I die. Restart.

Instead of resetting me at the beginning of that particular escape sequence, it resets me to the beginning of the entire cave, so I have to do the climbing, fighting, and puzzle again. So I do. I get to the boss battle, and he won't attack me so I can't counter him. He stands in the corner and throws rocks at me until I die. Restart.

I beat him this time and get to the collapse checkpoint. I get to the falling rocks, miss a jump and slide back down to the bottom, where a rock is sitting. I can climb past it, but now I can't climb up past an invisible barrier past the rock. Restart.

I get back to the jumping part and stop before I hit the gap where my whip doesn't work. I look straight up and see the vine I'm supposed to grapple, but there's no controller prompt. I move the camera stick up and down until it gives me a tiny window where I have to stop and look directly at it, which is apparently designed so you have to just instinctively know you're supposed to break the flow of your parkour jumping to stand there like an idiot an look directly at a thing you're supposed to grapple as a timer ticks down. Finally I make it to the other side and get a cutscene, where the audio glitches in and out.

There's no way Ubisoft playtested this sequence.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Big deal I've done this at the bar

Did the ball phase through the wall without leaving a trace?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

Did the ball phase through the wall without leaving a trace?

Who do you think he is, jase1?

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Haruharuharuko posted:

Oh and that's a bad miss

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
So this happened yesterday when we played Arma 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qYFmbNW6AY

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I loving love bugs in Arma 2/3. The game is marketed as being so realistic and true to life and the graphics are so amazing and then all of a sudden here comes some chucklenuts just swimming through the air like it's nobody's business.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Attention Horse posted:

Normally I hate it when people put music over these videos but that choice was perfect.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Attention Horse posted:

The gods know what you've done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inkj4yop5P8

Probably posted before but whatever.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Attention Horse posted:

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

"It felt like flow-oh-oh-oh-oow-oh-ohhhhting. It felt like floating!"

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Haruharuharuko posted:

Is this the game that was so buggy it was cancelled after it was released?

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!

Basticle posted:

Is this the game that was so buggy it was cancelled after it was released?

Nah, that was Ashes Cricket 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKm7GVceWQQ

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

:pcgaming: Battlefield 4 :pcgaming:

:slick:

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I would buy Premium if you could get the rainbow seizureland option.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I played that level of psychonauts.

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 19:25 on Feb 10, 2014

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Huh, I didn't know they ported the hallucinogenic gas grenade from TFC into BF4.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

That's sweet! Is that the death rattle of a video card?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
No man, that's just the Rainbow Road map.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Dead Blue Sky posted:

That's sweet! Is that the death rattle of a video card?

I believe it's due to outdated or beta drivers.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

It's the "Skrillex Concert" bonus map.

The News at 5
Dec 25, 2009

I'm Chance Everyman.

I see they went with the "2001" ending.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
"My god, it's full of bugs."

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

I believe it's due to outdated or beta drivers.

Abnormalmapping.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I've heard of colored lighting but that's ridiculous!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Haruharuharuko posted:

Bet you the x and y coord of the table starts at that pocket and the code is missing a = sign in a '<= 0' or '>= 0'.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

In the Fallout thread someone said during development that during Fallout Tactics somehow the Radscorpions got ahold of the prostitutes' dialogue.

Instead of hissing at you, giant radioactive scorpions tried to lure you back to their brothel promising low prices and the best time in the wasteland.

I wish there were screenshots. Knowing the fallout series, it probably took the playtesters a really long time to report that as a bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Won't Fix - Too funny.