Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Perfect, thanks.

quote:

I'm sensing the motto in Sochi is: If yellow let it mellow, if brown it goes in bucket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jokes on you guys now they just have all the stray dogs in one place to launch into space.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
At least Montreal gets to breath a sigh of relief knowing there is a city that shat the bed and hosed the pooch worse than them when it came to Olympic planning.

Yes, it took them like 30 years to pay for the drat thing and the Olympic Stadium barely has a tenant (because nobody wants to get crushed under concrete) but at least the hotels didn't have piss water coming from their taps and a bunch of greasy, hairy dudes in track suits pocketing the money when the IOC wasn't looking.

Justin Godscock fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 6, 2014

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.
I used to feel bad about Russians using dogs all the loving time in crazy experiments like seeing how long they can keep just the head alive or launching them into space. Now that I see that the whole loving country is lousy with wild dogs I'm not so saddened by it anymore.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

I am feeling very welcoming.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.
Also I love how the Sochi pics coming in feel like they should be a few years after the Olympics were there. Like an expose on how is Sochi now?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Fat Ogre posted:

Also I love how the Sochi pics coming in feel like they should be a few years after the Olympics were there. Like an expose on how is Sochi now?

They could also be pics from 2010 "Sochi prepares for the Olympics."

Not: "Sochi prepares for the Olympics tomorrow"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fat Ogre posted:

I used to feel bad about Russians using dogs all the loving time in crazy experiments like seeing how long they can keep just the head alive or launching them into space. Now that I see that the whole loving country is lousy with wild dogs I'm not so saddened by it anymore.

It's too bad the dog head kept alive by tube thing was a fake.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Agrajag posted:

I am feeling very welcoming.

Welcome to Russian paradise. Left to krokodile, right to dog pit. You need tarp? I have many tarp for sale. Meteor come at noon, have tarp ready.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Suddenly I'm back on board.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Devils Affricate posted:

So when they have to make artificial snow for the skiing/snowboarding events, will they use the yellow water?

Now I'm picturing a skier blasting out of the box, seeing the literal piss slope and freaking out live on TV then stumbling down the mountain, eating a pile of it then violently vomiting as NBC cuts to their commentators who are pale-faced and silent.

This is going to be amazing.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Justin Godscock posted:

Now I'm picturing a skier blasting out of the box, seeing the literal piss slope and freaking out live on TV then stumbling down the mountain, eating a pile of it then violently vomiting as NBC cuts to their commentators who are pale-faced and silent.

speaking of ski slopes, the russians hosed those up leading to injuries during the practice sections since the jumps were too steep.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

You see, Sochi youth be afford spray paint, very prosperous town, much supportive of the arts

Acrylic Squirrel
Apr 7, 2007
Don't forget, Rio hosts the next summer games. I'm wondering which country will screw it up more.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Justin Godscock posted:

No worries, see. They saved the snow from last year under (you guessed it) their tarps!

http://abcnews.go.com/International/sochis-olympic-snow-stored-tarps-winter/story?id=21023724

There is nothing tarp can't do.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Acrylic Squirrel posted:

Don't forget, Rio hosts the next summer games. I'm wondering which country will screw it up more.

2014 Winter Olympics: Russia
2014 World Cup: Brazil
2016 Summer Olympics: Brazil
2018 World Cup: Russia

man, just how big were those bribes?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I thought 2018 World Cup was in Qatar?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

DoctorStrangelove posted:

That's 2022.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nets are tarps.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

No worries, see. They saved the snow from last year under (you guessed it) their tarps!

http://abcnews.go.com/International/sochis-olympic-snow-stored-tarps-winter/story?id=21023724

There is nothing tarp can't do.

"innovative some say crazy solution"

quote:

I think there might be too much snow

:lol:

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Looks like it's gonna be Russia in 2018. Qatar will host the world cup in 2022. Maybe.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Some smaller ones that haven't been posted yet... not that I imagine anything will top the cultural center faked with a strategy from a Warner Brothers cartoon. At least until the games start.

walking
Nov 27, 2013

ZombieReagan posted:

so, will brazil have lots of bad buildings and stray dogs or will they be better prepared?

no dogs, but the sounds of gunfire and burning favelas will fill the air

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Acrylic Squirrel posted:

Russia because they just dont give a gently caress. Brazil actually wants to put on a good face for the world so they will actually follow China's lead and successfully keep all the Dickensian decay out of the way for 2 weeks.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sochi points to Vancouver airlifting in snow - Look! Look!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ZombieReagan posted:

so, will brazil have lots of bad buildings and stray dogs or will they be better prepared?

The dog killing has already begun.

Holy Doughnuts!
Oct 20, 2010

Sergeant Butterman, the little hand says it's time to rock and roll.

redshirt posted:

The dog killing has already begun.

No journalist we have not kill dog. Yes we have tried. They no longer die.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

monsieur fatso posted:

I'm pretty sure Anchorage is exploring a 2026 Winter Olympics bid.

at least it'll fuckign snow there

vs a literally sub-tropical beachfront resort town wtf

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 6, 2014

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

everyone should watch the original stalker movie from the 70s. it's really, really good.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

No pic but a journalist is tweeting that the hinges are on the outside of her hotel room and she's stuck.

naem
May 29, 2011

buteruc posted:

No pillow? Use stray dog as pillow!

Free pillow.

is good because warm pillow (not heating) also good lick face (do not face to use water shower danger)

Do not allow dog pillow to toilet fishing

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

zakharov posted:

No pic but a journalist is tweeting that the hinges are on the outside of her hotel room and she's stuck.

Then push instead of pull.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cream_Filling posted:

everyone should watch the original stalker movie from the 70s. it's really, really good.

... what original stalker movie? You better not be trolling bro

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Acquire Currency! posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalker_%281979_film%29

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Andrei Tarkovsky made a film based on the Roadside Picnic book.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

ZombieReagan posted:

so i wonder if there's a chance of catching a fish from the toilets in sochi if they have to put signs up telling you not to try?

Nah there's no chance, the toilet fish rarely take artificial lures, that's why the sign says don't bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Stalker. It's based on the novel Roadside Picnic. Both inspired the game. Read the story, then watch the movie. Or the other way around. They both own.

• Locked thread