Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Zorak posted:

See I'm not sure why Russia isn't billing the dogs as a feature

Seriously, just be like "Hey, we heard you guys like dogs so we shipped in a whole rear end-load of dogs, special order. Enjoy!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
And now they're all dead.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/02/05/sochi-dog-lover-tries-save-strays/wfYJbeD1nf0Fuh0VbJlc0O/story.html

Or soon will be or whatever. RIP: DOG

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ShutteredIn posted:

Here's the story: there are a gently caress load of stray dogs in Russia and they own and they are much better than Russian humans.

They're the only living creatures in the area that don't revel in human misery, so yeah, pretty much.

I poo poo you not, the Russian idea of a happy ending is "every character dies, because life is misery and now they don't have to deal with it". I'm not joking, every literature course I took went over that.

EDIT: Also, you're very unlikely to find a dog wearing a tracksuit, so that's another ten thousand or so points to them.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

zakharov posted:

That's 2022.

By the looks of things qatar will have this mess beat, not only do they have to contruct stadiums they have to construct like 2 whole cities because fifa said so.

The IOC are massively corrupt but i think FIFA might have them beat.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Still not as many kills as PETA.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

And to think I hated Russia before.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Ponce de Le0n posted:

By the looks of things qatar will have this mess beat, not only do they have to contruct stadiums they have to construct like 2 whole cities because fifa said so.

The IOC are massively corrupt but i think FIFA might have them beat.

Didn't the FIFA president once claim that the IOC was way mroe corrupt in defense of FIFA's corruption? He was a member of the IOC committee, so he would know.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

godd loving dam :catstare:

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Away all Goats posted:

godd loving dam :catstare:

It's funny. I find myself rooting for the terrorists. Between this and the Russians using flamethrowers to clear a room full of children (and two gunmen) I am hoping that they get hit hard.

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

7thBatallion posted:

It's funny. I find myself rooting for the terrorists. Between this and the Russians using flamethrowers to clear a room full of children (and two gunmen) I am hoping that they get hit hard.

To be serious for a second, the ordinary people from different countries (including Russia) that will be watching these games had nothing to do with that.

72nd bday virgin
Dec 8, 2013

I saw an interview with some Russian guy on the news and he was like "We slaughter stray dogs here all the time, this is nothing special for the Olympics"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

7thBatallion posted:

if i were a north caucasus terrorist i'd just sit back and watch the awful construction do the work for them

in any case, i can't take chechnyan and dagestani islamists seriously because the heavy facial hair combined with their whiteness make them look like loser neckbeards (which, in a way, they are)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
shut the gently caress up y-hat nobody likes you

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

get over yourself you big baby

VVV actually it's unrelated to that. statistics mother fucker

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Feb 6, 2014

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

shut the gently caress up y-hat nobody likes you

on top of that your name is a loving stupid goon mating call from like 2003

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"Where should we put the tp?"

"Whatever."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vIPMiC8YYA

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

72nd bday virgin posted:

I saw an interview with some Russian guy on the news and he was like "We slaughter stray dogs here all the time, this is nothing special for the Olympics"

yeah apparently poisoning stray dogs is not uncommon, it just got ramped up for the olympics

quote:

"At first I thought someone beat the dog," she recalled. "The dog jumped up and started running around in circles. Then she fell down and started spitting up ... I called the veterinarian. He said there is a 100% guarantee the dog was poisoned."
Gutnik said she encountered a dog convulsing and barking in fear and pain in Sochi's Bitka neighborhood in December.
"They always poison the street dogs here," Krasova said. "But in December it got terrible ... they began poisoning the animals terribly before the Olympics."

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Should just shoot the dogs imo its more humane

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
so everyone there will be drowning in the stench of dead dogs?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Senorita Stinkers posted:

Should just shoot the dogs imo its more humane

Bullets cost more than poison, even in america

I mean you can buy enough antifreeze to slay a decent sized pack of dogs for like 5 bucks and you don't even have to put it in anything; animals love the taste of the stuff

Bullets, on the other hand, range from 30 cents to a dollar or more each depending on caliber

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

"Where should we put the tp?"

"Whatever."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vIPMiC8YYA

Maybe they figure that people will use less if it's a trip across the bathroom each time.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Zeike posted:

so everyone there will be drowning in the stench of dead dogs?

I'm sure the starving foreign journalists will eat them.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Russia's new Olympic uniforms:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Shouldn't the dog problem just sort itself out since all of the tap and ground water is toxic?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Good Citizen posted:

Shouldn't the dog problem just sort itself out since all of the tap and ground water is toxic?

The dogs sound smarter than people, they know where the good poo poo is.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Bro Dad posted:

Russia's new Olympic uniforms:

it comes with scissors so its actually the most useful uniform there

shank your way to success

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Just to get the inevitable comparison out of the way

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

which anime is this?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

well it's better than having a town overrun with stray cats

72nd bday virgin
Dec 8, 2013

etalian posted:

well it's better than having a town overrun with stray cats

i live in a suburb full of stray cats and i agree - thankfully a coyote moved in and has been picking them off lately. he got one infront of my house lastnight at 5am i was out smoking a cigarette and got to watch vengeance rain upon that pussy fucker

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
What wild dogs are is of the greatest importance to me. However independent I may imagine myself to be, however far removed I may appear from mundane considerations by my social status, I am enslaved to the misery of the meanest dog. The wild dog is my daily menace. Whether I am Pope, Czar, Emperor, or even Prime Minister, I am always the creature of their circumstance, the conscious product of their ignorance, want and clamoring. They are in slavery, and I, the superior one, am enslaved in consequence.

Even the most wretched individual of our present society could not exist and develop without the cumulative social efforts of wild dogs. Thus the individual, his freedom and reason, are the products of wild dogs, and not vice versa; and the higher, the more fully the individual is developed, the greater his freedom — and the more he is the product of wild dogs, the more does he receive from wild dogs and the greater his debt to them.

I can feel free only in the presence of and in relationship with wild dogs.

naem
May 29, 2011

Good Citizen posted:

ShutteredIn posted:

The dogs sound smarter than people, they know where the good poo poo is.

Dog is good! warm pillow plus can take you to best clean water under municiple manhole stockpile building (is tarp)

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

72nd bday virgin posted:

i live in a suburb full of stray cats and i agree - thankfully a coyote moved in and has been picking them off lately. he got one infront of my house lastnight at 5am i was out smoking a cigarette and got to watch vengeance rain upon that pussy fucker

you are definitely getting better at posting lol

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I know it's sad to have the dogs dying, but it's just hilarious to think of Russians struggling to deal with a tidal wave of dogs.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

I know it's sad to have the dogs dying, but it's just hilarious to think of Russians struggling to deal with a tidal wave of dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMO7cNFo5RE

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
Dog is born free and everywhere he is in my bathroom

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
Hey guys, poo party in the hallway.

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

Still not sure if I'd laugh or cry at a downhill skier rounding a corner at 200 mph and hitting a dog.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

some are being rescued, housed no doubt better than most journalists
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/06/sports/olympics/racing-to-save-dogs-roaming-around-sochi.html?_r=0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

t3h z0r posted:

Hey guys, poo party in the hallway.

Still not sure if I'd laugh or cry at a downhill skier rounding a corner at 200 mph and hitting a dog.

so to which code were all the bathrooms built?

• Locked thread