Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

RuBisCO posted:

Sooo, has anyone else in BC, Canada get a shipping notification and scheduled delivery for like, today?

edit: Literally just arrived. Thanks bestbuy, you da bomb.

I like how the FR logo speech bubble looks like it's coming from Airy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

This is pretty funny you guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5JyGhbsPp4

EDIT: Default isn't very funny

This isn't funny.

On a better note, i was just reading that there's a nemesis that can be sent to your village called Mamon and you can repeatedly steal from this thing to make obscene amount of money. Like the item is worth 25,000.

The only tricky thing is getting it to appear in your village (as it has to be sent to you). Has anyone here got this one yet? From what i've read it's the go-to method for easy cash in the game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm sure someone's already asked this, but what are my limitations in the demo as far as levelling up jobs and grinding go?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I'm sure someone's already asked this, but what are my limitations in the demo as far as levelling up jobs and grinding go?

Max level is 20, and each job is mastered at level 4 or 5.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

HelloWinter posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LA9P0l2Y6VsaI2880Q6Gf0i8ubYoekWXKzf4bJGwoqI/edit Here you are. Anyone and everyone can edit in their own friend codes into the document.

edit: added the link to the first post on front page so that no one'll miss it.

Added myself here and gonna add people now!

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

None of your level and job progress carries over, if that's what you're asking. Just your Norende villager count (up to 20) and the seven bonus packs you get from completing quests.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Kin posted:

This isn't funny.

On a better note, i was just reading that there's a nemesis that can be sent to your village called Mamon and you can repeatedly steal from this thing to make obscene amount of money. Like the item is worth 25,000.

The only tricky thing is getting it to appear in your village (as it has to be sent to you). Has anyone here got this one yet? From what i've read it's the go-to method for easy cash in the game.

Get a villager from the net and they automatically spawn into your village. All the nemesis are very hard though and need to be much more than their level to beat them, so by the time you have stolen a few times and failed, your face will be probably melted off (I remember that guy using an acid attack which hit me for 3k+, ow.)

Orchids!
May 17, 2009

Added myself to the google doc and I'll add everyone above me... I'll be picking this game up on Saturday. I'm super jealous of you guys who got it early!

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Some people aren't adding people as they go I guess, and since Nintendo's online is poo poo and you have to both add each other, please go over the list and add people you haven't yet if you're on it.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

big mean giraffe posted:

Some people aren't adding people as they go I guess, and since Nintendo's online is poo poo and you have to both add each other, please go over the list and add people you haven't yet if you're on it.

Just to be sure, if you add some in the demo it will automatically transfer that person to the main game?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

big mean giraffe posted:

Yeah I have a decent chunk of people who are still greyed out for me.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
I've added another column Added by # … so whenever you add someone, you can initial it by using the # number of your code so that people will know who registered who! So when you've added people back, you can clean off your backlog by deleting the set of numbers that you've added back. :) I've also added a Mr. Example to show what I'm talking about.

At least this is a temporary fix for all those getting greyed out…

VVV Hahahaha, oh my gosh I'm so sorry!!

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 6, 2014

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

HelloWinter posted:

I've added another column Added by # … so whenever you add someone, you can initial it by using the # number of your code so that people will know who registered who! So when you've added people back, you can clean off your backlog by deleting the set of numbers that you've added back. :) I've also added a Mr. Example to show what I'm talking about.

At least this is a temporary fix for all those getting greyed out...

I just tried adding MR. EXAMPLE after I saw that he added me :downs:.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I think I like the EU box art more, at least it doesn't have a huge fairy butt.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
This will be released midnight EST?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

FrickenMoron posted:

That just means it's not going to sell as well. :negative:

Lysdexic
Jan 3, 2008
What time is it? It's about Lunch o' clock

Necroneocon posted:

This will be released midnight EST?

Usually 3rd party games are released around noon EST the day of release on the eShop.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Kin posted:

It has to be the Japanese version of the Nemesis. You can steal a dummied out Elixir from them that acts like every other Elixir in the game except it sells for a ton more. I never used it though since I've never gotten a Japanese version of her.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

As I understand it, one of the easier ways to make money is once you have the merchant's Big Pharma ability. Set up a cycle where someone hits an enemy with a non-fatal amount of damage, the merchant heals it in return for money, leave it on auto for a few hours while you do something else.

There was something else involved, some way of keeping the party healed without running out of mp, but I don't remember what it was, some ability I don't have yet. I think it was something from this game's blue mage equivalent?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Think you're referring to Swordmaster's Free Lunch.

You can farm red versions of the Chomper's in the demo in the underflow just before the temple for like 30k a fight with a 2x pg accessory and more money equipped. Use obliterate or group cast-all and death and it's a push over and you can basically AFK it easy too. There's lots of ways to make dosh.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

Terper posted:

It has to be the Japanese version of the Nemesis. You can steal a dummied out Elixir from them that acts like every other Elixir in the game except it sells for a ton more. I never used it though since I've never gotten a Japanese version of her.

It's not something that all Japanese versions of Mammon have. You have to hope that you get one that has elixirs instead of ethers.

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-
Added a lot of people from the friend code page. I just wish more than one person here had the demo so I could have more than 11 villagers.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I plan on picking this up tomorrow, I added myself to the spreadsheet. I'm not sure how the 3DS handles capped out friends list - I have a bunch of requests I sent out from the Pokemon trading thread that didn't get responses. I'll clear out the empties tonight and start adding people when I get home.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

Suaimhneas posted:

As I understand it, one of the easier ways to make money is once you have the merchant's Big Pharma ability. Set up a cycle where someone hits an enemy with a non-fatal amount of damage, the merchant heals it in return for money, leave it on auto for a few hours while you do something else.

There was something else involved, some way of keeping the party healed without running out of mp, but I don't remember what it was, some ability I don't have yet. I think it was something from this game's blue mage equivalent?

The blue mage equivalent is the one who keeps hitting the enemy with Chomp, which reduces their HP to 1 if it hits and yeah, they also need Free Lunch from Swordmaster so that they don't run out of MP when spamming it.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
Just got the game! I need friends :sigh: here's my FC 521497260813

EDIT just saw the spreadsheet! gon add you guys!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

The stock of this game looks to be like it's going another Fire Emblem: Awakening situation again where there wasn't enough initially.

edit: After I typed this up I checked Amazon again just for the sake of doing so and they're finally offering release day shipping so if you've got a next week delivery estimate upgrade that shipping!

dreffen fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 7, 2014

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

dreffen posted:

The stock of this game looks to be like it's going another Fire Emblem: Awakening situation again where there wasn't enough initially.

At least you can buy it through the eshop if you can't wait for another run of carts.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

The promo image in the eshop changed to say the game will be available at midnight so midnight release confirmed.

Novs
Jan 24, 2009
I added a few on the list :shobon:

I'm so pumped for tomorrow.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

FrickenMoron posted:

Yeah, kinda makes going to the store to get it kinda awkward. I'm already weird enough for buying a drat video game don't make it worse by putting anime butts on the cover.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
So I finally got an email from Amazon last night saying my collector's edition would arrive next Tuesday which kinda sucked since I preordered it back in December. I've been thinking about cancelling it or waiting it out and then today I got another email saying it shipped and will be here tomorrow. Time to add all the friend codes and get aboard the hype train, woo woo!

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
This is going to sound like a stupid question, but how do I buy new weapons once the weapon shop has been built and upgraded?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Kyoujin posted:

So I finally got an email from Amazon last night saying my collector's edition would arrive next Tuesday which kinda sucked since I preordered it back in December. I've been thinking about cancelling it or waiting it out and then today I got another email saying it shipped and will be here tomorrow. Time to add all the friend codes and get aboard the hype train, woo woo!

Wonder if they will change mine too. I also got pushed to Tuesday despite I preordered the first day it was available.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

JackDarko posted:

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but how do I buy new weapons once the weapon shop has been built and upgraded?

In Norende? Any of the yellow adventurer guys (who also act as save points) carry the Norende shop inventory.

Looks like Square screwed up and forgot to mark a lot of their boxes with the proper release date. The game's already sold out in parts of Canada. Wish me luck for tomorrow goons.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Mokinokaro posted:

In Norende? Any of the yellow adventurer guys (who also act as save points) carry the Norende shop inventory.

Looks like Square screwed up and forgot to mark a lot of their boxes with the proper release date. The game's already sold out in parts of Canada. Wish me luck for tomorrow goons.

Thank you sir!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

it seems like amazon bumped a lot of the collectors edition orders to release day delivery. Friday can't get here soon enough!

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-

Gyoru posted:

The promo image in the eshop changed to say the game will be available at midnight so midnight release confirmed.

And to think I was going to sleep for college tomorrow.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
I assume "midnight" is "midnight east coast" and not "midnight per time zone" right?

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-
Thus far most eshop updates are timed to EST, so I'd think so yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Downloading now.

• Locked thread