Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Rudi Starnberg posted:

Wait, you can get white newfoundlands?

They're called Landseer Newfoundlands, and they're black and white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Russia is stupid and lovely and they're already sucking at hosting the Olympics.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I'm not knowledgeable of opera, but I love the Opera Disasters (Perle Nere) videos on YouTube.

"STOP THE SINGING!"

"Scheiße!"

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

(stolen from the Eastern Europe thread in D&D) This sounds delicious and magical :allears:

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

I think they're looking at this all wrong.
Russia is actually offering a wholly unique olympic experience.
Cake in rear end, yellow water, portraits of Putin leaning against walls, dead dogs... Where else are you going to find all these features at once?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,

He expected exactly that to happen, that's how they hunt critters under the snow.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

EvilMuppet posted:

He expected exactly that to happen, that's how they hunt critters under the snow.

Schadenfreude for the mouse that's dead. Haha, dumb mouse.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

Spot the dude having a terrible day.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Pantomime Horse posted:

It's a trick, it's the people in the building with no water pressure.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

the last signal... posted:

"Two Idiots Jump From Roof onto a Table"

Really not sure what they were trying to accomplish here.

This gets posted fairly regularly in here and every single time it gets posted I take the greatest of freude in the schaden these morons suffer. I keep expecting it to becoming boring or at least less thoroughly rewarding but it never, ever does.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pantomime Horse posted:

The cool part is that the thumbnail makes it look like a space ship taking off.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

DontMockMySmock posted:

As much as I enjoy Ken Ham being shown up, polls like this are really meaningless unless you also poll the people before they watched the debate.

Here's one with Lawrence Krauss and Michael Shermer against Ian Hutchinson and Dinesh D'Souza.

'Science Refutes God'

Before: 37% for, 34% against, 29% undecided
After: 50% for, 38% against, 12% undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKNd_S3iXfs

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The best thing about that debate was Pat Robertson of all people is asking that Ham dude to just please shut up.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rather Tonic posted:

I will cherish this memory. The number of times I've seen somebody being a stupid rear end in a top hat on the road, and hoped they'd get a ticket, this may be the only time I will ever see someone served their just deserts so perfectly.
Ooh, I got my story a couple years ago. I was driving home after a shoot and some nutjob chicks were tearing down the highway, getting in front of cars and slowing down immediately--general rear end in a top hat stuff. Their car is a real shitmobile: half the body looks like it was burned in a fire and the back half looks like they gave it a coat of house paint to cover the burn up, it's a four-door with only three doors left; exactly the kind of car you'd expect to see pulled over, right, even if they weren't driving like shitlords.

I'm cruising along in my car and pull up next to them at a stop light. I'm in the regular lane and, of course, they're in the batshit "I need to get in front of ONE MORE CAR" aggressive driver merge lane. I don't mean to embellish this fact, the merge lane goes for literally 10 yards after the stop light, so from an infrastructure perspective, it shouldn't even exist in the first place but for someone trying to peel out like they're in the sort of film that would star Vin Diesel. I don't know what these chicks' problem was, but they were leaning out their busted-rear end door flippin' the bird to everyone who would look. Light turns green, they predictably lay into the gas and their engine roars like they were in neutral.

Their car moves like it was in neutral, too. The last thing I saw, rubbernecking as I was driving away, was them getting out in the middle of the highway as black smoke rose from their engine block, all these people they just cut off and and hosed with driving right past.

I mean there was this other time that some guys peeled out in front of me and my friends, speeding away at probably 60 in a 30 zone, and were promptly pulled over by a cop who was hiding in a sugar cane field, but that doesn't even compare.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Did you just respond to a post from nearly 100 pages back.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Three-Phase posted:

I'm not knowledgeable of opera, but I love the Opera Disasters (Perle Nere) videos on YouTube.

"STOP THE SINGING!"

"Scheiße!"

I can't remember if this has been posted yet but it is only 23 seconds long and absolutely slays me, the greatest voice crack in opera history...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UUPEo849_s

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

poptart_fairy posted:

Still worth it.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Rondette posted:

I can't remember if this has been posted yet but it is only 23 seconds long and absolutely slays me, the greatest voice crack in opera history...
This is beautiful.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Mister Adequate posted:

This gets posted fairly regularly in here and every single time it gets posted I take the greatest of freude in the schaden these morons suffer. I keep expecting it to becoming boring or at least less thoroughly rewarding but it never, ever does.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S THE VIDEO OF THOSE TWO BACKYARD WRESTLERS GETTING WHAT THEY DESERVE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTERS. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM THROUGH MY DINING ROOM TABLE OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP AND GOUGE A THREE-INCH DIVOT OUT OF MY FLOOR WITH MY COCCYX. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO TRY AND EMULATE PROFESSIONAL STUNT MEN WITHOUT ANY TRAINING, PREPARATION, OR APPLICABLE KNOWLEDGE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUT LOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY BRONY MEETUP AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE THAT BRONIES CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE GRUNTS, CRIES, AND SCREAMS OF PAIN AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING.

Despite that, the video never, ever gets any less funny.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Rondette posted:

Dude loving owns that biff, though.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.

Rondette posted:

His voice was all like "let's make this into a Wilhelm Scream, why don't we?"

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Rondette posted:

This isn't opera, but this will always be my favourite voice crack. Its like someone got on stage and kicked him in the balls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thsl50Fd3RA&t=3m40s

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010
On the topic of voice cracks, an NHL referee announces if a goal was good or not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80oSTI_VVBo

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwHWbsvgQUE

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
The greatest performance of Handel's Messiah ever. You had to choose THAT moment, dude?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DBAoWr-imY

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.
Some of my own personal schadenfreude: A few months ago my store manager and I caught my operations consultant, who is a misogynistic, homophobic rear end in a top hat who cheats on his wife, stealing from a cash register. We didn't do anything at the time, but my store manager started doing some detective work, and last Sunday brought the evidence (including till receipts and security footage) to our franchisee. One hour later, the ops consultant, who has worked for our company for 26 years and has no other experience, was fired. Turns out he's been stealing money and food to the tune of around $10,000 a year for god knows how long. It was a wonderful day.

All on Black has a new favorite as of 21:19 on Feb 6, 2014

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Celery Face posted:

This isn't opera, but this will always be my favourite voice crack. Its like someone got on stage and kicked him in the balls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thsl50Fd3RA&t=3m40s
It sounds like less of a voice crack and more like he felt something crawling up his pants leg. Either way, holy poo poo. :laffo:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/29/us-usa-politics-grimm-idUSBREA0S0WM20140129
"I will break you in half -- like a boy."

????

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

poptart_fairy posted:

Who loving cares? He posted actual schadenfreude in the schadenfreude thread instead of sperging about spergs, like the last 99 pages consisted of.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Freudian slippers posted:

Who loving cares? He posted actual schadenfreude in the schadenfreude thread instead of sperging about spergs, like the last 99 pages consisted of.

yeah all you arguing goons should shut up and watch those No Reaction Pie Hell videos I posted, it's basically 23 minutes of blissful, nonstop schadenfreude.

(I mean in general, this is just good advice for if you're feeling like arguing something instead of posting schadenfreude)

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

yeah all you arguing goons should shut up and watch those No Reaction Pie Hell videos I posted, it's basically 23 minutes of blissful, nonstop schadenfreude.

Any of the other Batsu Games and/or one-offs any good? I've seen the one where they spend a night in a school gym and are constantly harassed, and I've seen the one where they are teachers for a day. Any others you would recommend? Oh yeah, and the socket one, that was neat.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I'm only about an hour and a half into the 2013/2014 (whatever) one where they are Earth Defense Force agents, and it is A+ solid. The hotel/spa one is also really good.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

The White Dragon posted:

Their car moves like it was in neutral, too. The last thing I saw, rubbernecking as I was driving away, was them getting out in the middle of the highway as black smoke rose from their engine block, all these people they just cut off and and hosed with driving right past.

I mean there was this other time that some guys peeled out in front of me and my friends, speeding away at probably 60 in a 30 zone, and were promptly pulled over by a cop who was hiding in a sugar cane field, but that doesn't even compare.

I saw pretty much the same thing but from a pedestrian as I had just missed the light to cross and there were some hoons in a car with, you know, the whole pipe organ poo poo hooked to the front and all the fins and poo poo, yelling poo poo out the window at me and revving like maniacs at the light and they revved REVVED REEEEEVVVEEEDDD *BLAM* and suddenly there's black smoke everywhere and they were still there by the time their light had gone red again and still there as I smugly walked across the road in front of them while they sat there attempting to restart their paddock bomb.

My other favourite story was when I was waiting at the lights to cross a fairly busy five lane highway (this is a part of the highway kids have been killed jaywalking)and some kid decides "gently caress waiting" and ducks around a bunch of cars a few of whom honk and he doesn't get hit by car but collides with a police officer on the other side of the road who promptly grabs said brat by the collar and berates him loudly while those of us who waited cross and walk, again smugly, past. Life is beautiful sometimes.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KazigluBey posted:

Any of the other Batsu Games and/or one-offs any good? I've seen the one where they spend a night in a school gym and are constantly harassed, and I've seen the one where they are teachers for a day. Any others you would recommend? Oh yeah, and the socket one, that was neat.

I remember this (the gym) one sort of. Got a link?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Manuel Calavera posted:

I remember this (the gym) one sort of. Got a link?

24 hour tag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM8lvyb_51M

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

It is now angry and blind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filler
Oct 12, 2006

Is this the one where one of the punishments was three naked 5 year old boys running out and sitting on one dudes face? Because I pretty much stopped watching those videos after I saw that. So loving creepy.

• Locked thread