Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

New guns good, except constant crashing is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
The aug is super fun. Definitely hope they tone that poo poo down after a few days though lol. Shredding dudes with it is fun as hell for now tho.

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 6, 2014

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Getting used to shortnading is tricky. I still haven't figured out when it's useful on the fly, probably gonna have to run around on a listen server and try out some throws.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Jellidelic posted:

Getting used to shortnading is tricky. I still haven't figured out when it's useful on the fly, probably gonna have to run around on a listen server and try out some throws.

A good instance that comes to mind is if you're hugging near a corner like inferno's apts and you can do a toss to surprise flash anyone trying to snipe in from grave/library. Similar for Mirage's apts.

It's pretty situational, but if it comes up, I would much prefer the toss to a fuckin' baseball pitch.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Someone got me pretty good with a lobbed flash tonight. He dropped it around a corner and it appeared so slowly before making a sound that I didn't react to seeing it at all.

I'm so used to grenades travelling at a certain speed or making a noise when an enemy is close, so it's this weird new thing that has never been a factor. It might make "pop flashes" a little easier to do on-the-fly.

e: ^ That was pretty much the situation. Inferno at a corner near apts, he pooped it around the corner and I didn't react in time.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I do wanna play with the new patch but I know if just speccing was any indication I will start crashing profusely in a match. Guess I'll wait a bit. I'm really curious to see how the radar skittles will work in the long run.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

A mid range toss JUST makes it over the wall in D2 mid. I know I am going to use that a bit.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Descriptive image on (from left to right) grenade throw with fire, throw with fire+altfire, throw with altfire.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
For those that are crashing with the new patch, so far it seems the easiest fixes are validating your game files and disabling multicore rendering.

Good luck.

Edit: Oh, also here are the stickers you can put on your guns:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Need that foil luck is skill one for my deag.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Turning off multicore rendering seems to have helped, haven't crashed since I turned it off. I tried validating earlier, but that on its own didn't do anything.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Daeno posted:

For those that are crashing with the new patch, so far it seems the easiest fixes are validating your game files and disabling multicore rendering.

Good luck.

Edit: Oh, also here are the stickers you can put on your guns:

I swear to god I've seen at least 1 of these designed on a pog or possibly slammer.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I'm gonna put those wings on my wings aug and it will be SICK.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Increased movement inaccuracy on all automatic weapons by 50%.

This could have been the entirety of the patch and I'd have been happy.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

kcer posted:

Increased movement inaccuracy on all automatic weapons by 100%.

Same

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

kcer posted:

Increased movement inaccuracy on all automatic weapons by ∞%.

Same

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

And here I am thinking I'm hosed

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

These grenade throws are awesome. If you don't like them then you are a terrible person.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I hope you can put stickers on grenades. Wanna put that seek out and destroy one on one.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Fat Lou posted:

These grenade throws are awesome. If you don't like them then you are a terrible person.

ummm multiple grenade throws are counter-intuitive to the simplicity that makes cs brilliant tyvm

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
I wouldn't mind if they'd refine the horrible grenade throw animation and the linear altfire strengh adjustment animation.

Oh, and the horrendous tec-9 animation too. It's a shame to see them neglect animation quality like they did with TF2.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Now to consider how far into oblivion they'll throw the sig and aug after yet another over-buff.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Xenaero posted:

Descriptive image on (from left to right) grenade throw with fire, throw with fire+altfire, throw with altfire.

Oh, that is quite cool. I got puzzled from reading the change log (can not try CS:GO at the moment).

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
Also deagle on long range is still rear end. :smith:

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

kcer posted:

Same

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

Doesn't this make the SMGs pretty much totally worthless?

Also gently caress the deagle buff, I'd be happy if never had to see that stupid pos gun ever again.

Mad about vidya games ITT.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am totally happy with the Aug/Sig buff because a more expensive weapon should be somewhat better, right? :smugmrgw:

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
Anyone else getting weird random fps drops since this update? My FPS used to be a rock solid >120, now it drops to 45 randomly on some maps then kicks back to something like 70-80.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

The Orange Mage posted:

I am totally happy with the Aug/Sig buff because a more expensive weapon should be somewhat better, right? :smugmrgw:

Yes, but not in such a small amount. The costs involve should evoke decision making similar to buying an AK over a Galil or a A1/A4 over a FAMAS.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

kcer posted:

Yes, but not in such a small amount. The costs involve should evoke decision making similar to buying an AK over a Galil or a A1/A4 over a FAMAS.

And in that case, the choice is "If you have the money, buy it" because the AK and M4 are strictly better?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

The Orange Mage posted:

And in that case, the choice is "If you have the money, buy it" because the AK and M4 are strictly better?

Essentially, yes. I haven't tested them myself yet but if they're objectively better I think they should be out of reach on round 4 (assuming you won pistols and bought normally) and largely out of reach if you've just come off an eco.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
These accuracy changes sound like an absolute seachange in how the game plays. I haven't tried it yet, but this seems huge.

braffle
Nov 7, 2009

Cowabanga posted:

Anyone else getting weird random fps drops since this update? My FPS used to be a rock solid >120, now it drops to 45 randomly on some maps then kicks back to something like 70-80.

I got this but some dude told me to put -threads 4 in launch options and it helped. I think its based of cores, not sure though.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

braffle posted:

I got this but some dude told me to put -threads 4 in launch options and it helped. I think its based of cores, not sure though.

Haha hot drat it actually did kick up my fps almost back to normal. Thanks dude.

Zwiftef
Jun 30, 2002

SWIFT IS FAT, LOL

cat with hands posted:

Also gently caress the deagle buff, I'd be happy if never had to see that stupid pos gun ever again.

Mad about vidya games ITT.

I didn't notice much change in my UMP / Bison play with the new patch. If anything, I was getting more headshots than normal.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
I just realised I've been playing with ingame mouse acceleration on this whole time :gonk:

Why would you make that a default?

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

cat with hands posted:

Especially the pro90?

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

RadioPassive posted:

Especially the pro90?

I don't use SMGs, so ymmv, but I tested them out on an aim map. Yes, they are worse, but it isn't terrible. A guy with an UMP or a P90 at a full sprint is still pretty dangerous. Maybe it takes another .25 seconds to shred you, but it isn't like running AK where it shoots bullets practically behind you.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Cowabanga posted:

Also deagle on long range is still rear end. :smith:

Yeah I was on ak-colt trying to deag from t to ct spawn and it wasn't working at all, really. Was hoping for reincarnated CS:S Deagle but nope :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Is there something in this update that is making it feel like slow motion or is it my machine?

e: I mean when I look around, it feels very different to before

stickyfngrdboy fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 6, 2014

• Locked thread