Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

boho posted:

Can't, I already had them do a realm transfer to go from Mid to Hib, and the automatic one-time transfer function didn't work for me and resulted in a deleted character I had to request a restore for.

Hopefully they'll take their heads out of their asses about ~realm pride~ real soon. If someone is willing to nuke their account to change factions loving let them with a one month cooldown to prevent spying (ha).

Of course no actual rules seem to be enforced on this server so I could probably slip by with a multiple IP request and then an auto realm change (if they even make the check that both accounts are on the same realm at any point in the multi IP process).

It's not ~realm pride~, it's relic hoppers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Exactly...I hope they don't ever open it up so people can play all 3.

If you have to delete all of your characters on a realm to switch over to another, I'm in favor of that (along with a cooldown).

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
If you want to delete all your characters just to relic hop that's fine. You won't get back to 50/RR5/Temp in time to enjoy them anyway.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!
Well haven't played DAOC in what seems over a decade. Giving the Origins server a try to play with you guys.

Got the game downloaded and whatnot, I believe fully patched given the Origins walk through the only issue lies now getting an activation email to actually get my account started.. which according to the forums might be quite some time. Well time to read up on Mid classes in the mean time.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Give logging in a try (make sure you've created both a forum account and a game account, they're two different things).

I never actually got an activation email.

1. Create forum account
2. Log into forum account, up at the top there's a button to create a game account
3. Create a game account
4. Use game account to log in

Also make sure your game.dll is one for origins.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

Combo posted:

Give logging in a try (make sure you've created both a forum account and a game account, they're two different things).

I never actually got an activation email.

1. Create forum account
2. Log into forum account, up at the top there's a button to create a game account
3. Create a game account
4. Use game account to log in

Also make sure your game.dll is one for origins.

Yeh tried to log in with my created account, no dice. Apparently creating a second account is a really bad idea so just have to wait it out I guess. Appreciate the help though.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah, I think it still took me over a day for my account to be authed, just check it periodically since I never got the activation email.

Also, if you have a style of play in mind or a certain class I can help flesh out how a class plays, or someone else can.

Do you want to heal? Magic? Melee?

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

Yeh most likely will see something later today or tomorrow regarding accounts. Either way I was leaning toward either Rune for nukes/utilty, Shadow for being a dick to enemy supports or Skald for barding.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

If you're looking for groups I doubt you're going to get brought around as a shadowblade (at 50, leveling people will fill a group with anything in their appropriate level range typically), but maybe things are different on origins. They just don't offer much to a group fight that other classes can't do better.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
People coming from Uth/Euros in general are extremely selective in their RvR groups.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

PriNGLeS posted:

People coming from Uth/Euros in general are extremely selective in their RvR groups.

Yeah I figured, that's really not too different from live either. Unless you're running with a zerg where its all about numbers, groups are going to be structured in pretty specific ways, and shadowblade falls into exactly none of them.

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

I was cursing Origins Genesis for being a totally laggy mess, and couldnt understand why some people were saying it was fine. I was lagging all over the place.

Then I played on the live servers again and had the same experience :(

It turns out that whenever I moved my mouse without panning the camera the game would lag, this took me way to long to twig on to.

You can see this in action here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn4e2J6dzD0

In case anyone else is unfortunate enough to experience this I downgraded my Catalyst drivers to these to fix it.

I'll be on a bit more from now on. Does the Country Club need a shaman? :)

Edit: Also, has anyone got Mojo to work with Genesis? I'm sure I've seen people say they use it (irc/forums) with this server, but I just cant see how I'd set a custom server.

Biggz fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 6, 2014

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007

Biggz posted:

Edit: Also, has anyone got Mojo to work with Genesis? I'm sure I've seen people say they use it (irc/forums) with this server, but I just cant see how I'd set a custom server.

someone posted this a couple pages back: http://daoc-origins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5441
But it looks like mods removed the OP instructions/link, so I will try to recreate it for you:

1)Download Mojo: http://mojoware.org/
2)Download Mojo Mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/f82a6a5frw5dzff/Mojo-Mod.zip
3)Put Mojo Mod files in Mojo installation folder
4)Run Mojo Mod and put in the server IP for Genesis (it was in there by default when I did this yesterday).

This will replace one of the live servers that starts with a G with the Genesis server.

5)Run Mojo-Genesis
6)Add your Genesis account info
7)...
8)Hopefully Profit, but I just typed that up from memory so I'm not sure if there were any more steps.

Dogo fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 6, 2014

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

Dogo posted:

5)Run Mojo mojo-genesis.exe

Thanks for that, mojo.exe didn't work but I spotted there was now a mojo-genesis.exe which works a treat!

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

Anyone have any links/tips/builds for a Skald? I haven't played Daoc in almost ten years so I'm pretty much coming into this a complete noob.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I think the typical builds were either 50 sword/39 battlesongs or 44 hammer/46 battlesongs 17 parry? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think hammer typically wins out.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Anyone know how to create a combat log?

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

Dr. Video Games 0155 posted:

Yeh tried to log in with my created account, no dice.
I had to click "reset game password" and log in with that one, the original I had picked didn't work.

But I also repeatedly got some error when trying to make an account.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

Tom Powers posted:

I had to click "reset game password" and log in with that one, the original I had picked didn't work.

But I also repeatedly got some error when trying to make an account.

Tried that just says 'Your account has not been activated yet.' Will see if it gets fixed tomorrow.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

Tried that just says 'Your account has not been activated yet.' Will see if it gets fixed tomorrow.
Hmm, mine had activated within 30 mins I'd say, but I was also trying late at night. Right now it's euro primetime, server is packed, coming off of euro primetime when the server is packed but soon the euro GMs will be going to bed and they'll probably do administrative tasks.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Would be nice if all the goons had the ability to invite since there aren't that many of us.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Yeah probably need to add a few. I had two people ask tonight.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So has the server just been down all night? I haven't seen it on the daoc portal launcher at all other than when I popped on for like 15 mins earlier.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

They have done a restart twice now but other than that its been up and lag free

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Add genesis to your custom shards if you use the dol launcher. IP: 62.210.143.112 Port: 10300

It will show up with a green(up) or red(down) dot and is always visible.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

TouchToneDialing posted:

They have done a restart twice now but other than that its been up and lag free

300 ms to france is lag free?

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
rip the servers 2014-2014

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
They've been up for like an hour or so.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I have not been able to log in on Thursday.
Usually when I don't get in I get a message in the top left part of the loading screen saying "too many players online" or something. But now it just gave the "hit escape" text.

Some people will always behave like elitists and only allow certain classes. And at some point they'll go RR5+ and then RR8+ ...

I found it very fun to beat those specific 8mans with "subpar" groups with a skilled Animist for example. We also regularly had a Ranger in our 8-man, and he was definitely able to contribute. (Shar Ranger nonetheless, tough bastards).

That said, the pure stealthclasses usually had their own minigame in Emain, running around solo or in small groups hunting for stragglers and opposing stealthers. Or even better, camp out in Darkness Falls and terrorize opposing noobs levelling.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Yeah I really want to make a Shadowblade but I think it would be hard to gear up.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

im gay posted:

Yeah I really want to make a Shadowblade but I think it would be hard to gear up.

Shadowblade/stealthers in general are extremely expensive to kit out. Not only do their templates tend to require full MP gear as they have the most skills to cap. They need a dozen weapons as well for envenom swaps. Then tack on charge items and buff pots. They're very expensive.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

Well finally got in this morning and made my Runemaster Kojack, is there a TS/Mumble you guys use by chance?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Well finally got in this morning and made my Runemaster Kojack, is there a TS/Mumble you guys use by chance?

We haven't figured that out yet, I don't think. Can always use the CTS mumble.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

PriNGLeS posted:

We haven't figured that out yet, I don't think. Can always use the CTS mumble.

Don't be fooled by all the dudes in the 'Dark Age of Cumalot' channel not actually playing daoc.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Kazvall posted:

Don't be fooled by all the dudes in the 'Dark Age of Cumalot' channel not actually playing daoc.

They get really pissed if you start trying to actually talk about DAoC which is why i recommend we institute occupy DAOC CTS

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Who are these people that use the channel?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

PriNGLeS posted:

Who are these people that use the channel?

I'm not entirely sure but they have been using it for, like, years.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I've made it back to Midgard! Troll or Norseman for Skald?

e: I log in for the first time today and the server crashes after 8.5 hours of uptime!

boho fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 8, 2014

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Troll is the better race for Skalds but either is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

boho posted:

I've made it back to Midgard! Troll or Norseman for Skald?

Im a fan of norseman for every class if you plan on doing rvr. Troll is the best stat option though.

• Locked thread