Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

joshtothemaxx posted:

I would love to make a claim on these beautiful somewhat empty zones, but my claim flag is gone. God drat.

Yeah, it sucks. I had the same problem.

You're supposed to look for the place where you made your very first claim by hopping servers and looking around. If you're handy with messing with files this might help: https://forums.station.sony.com/eqnlandmark/index.php?threads/lost-or-missing-claims-flags.312/page-24#post-175325

I just got really frustrated and deleted my character, which isn't a very good idea either since you don't get stuff like the founder's axe back. Maybe wait a day or something, IDK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
After having to struggle with my sanity for the last day with that worthless iron pick (It was something like speed 52, damage 48)...

This came as a nice surprise. A modest upgrade!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Important construction note:

The 'Heal' tool doesn't care about the stuff you've built. It will erase anything you've changed, and restore the area selected back to as if nothing had happened at all. I and a few other players had assumed it would leave anything you've added in place and just heal 'around' it, but it does not. If you want to merge your construction into the original geometry of the area you're working in, copy your construction, delete everything and use the heal tool to restore the original geometry, and then paste your construction into the environment wherever appropriate. You can use the positioning tools to place it partially into the ground or whatever it is you're hoping to do.

Also you'll probably gently caress up part of this process so remember ctrl-Z is your friendly undo button.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda
Just a friendly reminder: if you log in and immediately rage because your claim vanished, hop to another island, then back to the one your claim is on. The game is *really* bad about not logging you in on the server you select, so it will frequently log you into Liberation / Vent instead of Courage / Vent. Anything built on the claim still randomly vanishes sometimes, but my claim itself hasn't vanished even though I thought it had a few times earlier on.

Also, I'm streaming off and on.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
+Discovery items make a massive difference in getting burled wood. I am getting 20-60 burled wood per tree now with +8 discovery (2, +4 assessors mark rings) .

Shemp the Stooge fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Feb 6, 2014

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

More pics of stuff you've built please!

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
A Terraria-style reroll system for equipment with variable quality would be really nice to have once mobs are in.

Harettazetta posted:

After having to struggle with my sanity for the last day with that worthless iron pick (It was something like speed 52, damage 48)...

Just so I can blow massive amounts of gold on a beauty like that.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

Harettazetta posted:

As opposed to my dull tungsten pick. I was even wearing two of the +10 crafting bracelets.

On the up side. I was able to finally find my original claim. When I first launched the game, I didn't have a choice of server, and the zone was alpha_island0016. I was never able to find it again, so I assumed it was deleted when they said the claims were going to disappear. After checking all the old zone on both the original servers, I finally found it!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Kettlepip posted:

More pics of stuff you've built please!

More progress on my little cabin in the woods. Learning how to do the roof and support beams were lots of fun and frustration. I haven't figured out how I'll do the walls yet. There will be a fireplace too eventually.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
They really need to add ellipses and cylinders. Judging by how big the shape menu is I'm guessing they will.

My frog statue would be going so much smoother if I could have just done one cylinder for each leg instead of combining spheres and trying to smooth them out.

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote

Al Borland posted:

They really need to add ellipses and cylinders. Judging by how big the shape menu is I'm guessing they will.

My frog statue would be going so much smoother if I could have just done one cylinder for each leg instead of combining spheres and trying to smooth them out.

Its a pain but you could hack a cylinder by taking a sphere slicing off all but the central disc then copy and paste the disc a few times. (save your finished cylinder as a template so you never have to do it again.)

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

Got two questions.

One, what "tier" is the Founders pickaxe? IE, which one should I go for next.

Also, how do I get the smooth tool? Is it craftable in a furnace or whatever those are?

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

raingwc posted:

Got two questions.

Also, how do I get the smooth tool? Is it craftable in a furnace or whatever those are?

Tier 1 and only useful for copper and gems used to make the copper pick. I think they will end up adjusting the usefulness of the founders pickaxe since I replaced it with my first crafted green pick.

Smooth tool is a high-end tool that is made from the marble furnace and takes tier 5-6 materials.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

Prophecy120 posted:

Tier 1 and only useful for copper and gems used to make the copper pick. I think they will end up adjusting the usefulness of the founders pickaxe since I replaced it with my first crafted green pick.

Smooth tool is a high-end tool that is made from the marble furnace and takes tier 5-6 materials.

Awesome, thanks!

Perick
May 27, 2003
GoonGrrrls = Teh WIN

raingwc posted:

Got two questions.

The founders pickaxe is the highest tier 1. So it's better than the stone pickaxe and equal to what it can mine with the copper pickaxes. You'll still need to create a copper pickaxe to create a bronze pick, which is the next step up. The axe part of the founders pick is about on par with a green copper axe. I'd recommend replacing it as soon as you can and try to make a blue quality copper axe. It helps make the burled wood grind less painful.

I'll let someone else answer the smooth tool question, I don't remember if it comes from a forge or the crafting table.

edit: beaten like a tree for burled wood.

Perick fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 6, 2014

WARDUKE
Sep 18, 2012

Muscly armed warrior with glowing eyes and shit.
So I can't figure out how to template the giant mountain fortress I spent hours building last night, and I guess I am searching for the wrong things on Google in trying to figure it out.

How do you create templates?

Also, is it just me, or is there a surprising lack of giant dick towers being created?
I've done a good bit of exploring and haven't come across a single dick.

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

WARDUKE posted:

How do you create templates?

Make a selection box around your stuff with the Selection Tool. Then mouse over the banner / flag thingy on the upper left side of your screen, when it extends it shows Materials, Shapes and Templates. Pick the house icon at the bottom and choose 'Create New' to make a template.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Does anyone have a solution to missing claims and no claim flag? Just post in the official forums I guess?

edit: I see the post there, but still isn't working. Oh well.

joshtothemaxx fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 6, 2014

WE DOIN IT NOW
Jun 18, 2005

Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon.

joshtothemaxx posted:

Does anyone have a solution to missing claims and no claim flag? Just post in the official forums I guess?

You likely have a claim somewhere on one of the servers. I checked the first server/island combo I ever placed a claim on and it was there again. Also worked for a dude a few posts back. Just run through all the likely ones and pull up your map and uncheck 'no permissions'.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

joshtothemaxx posted:

My solution after losing everything for the fourth time was to request a refund. Waiting til Beta at this point.

Xars
Jul 7, 2013

itsnice2bnice posted:

Make a selection box around your stuff with the Selection Tool. Then mouse over the banner / flag thingy on the upper left side of your screen, when it extends it shows Materials, Shapes and Templates. Pick the house icon at the bottom and choose 'Create New' to make a template.

Note: you'll have to gather and craft the Selection Tool in order to do this.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

Prophecy120 posted:

I think they will end up adjusting the usefulness of the founders pickaxe since I replaced it with my first crafted green pick.

It does end up being useless pretty quickly. I would like to see the ability to apply your higher level picks/axes to it at each level. So it would give you a bit of a head start, but then at higher level basically lets you keep the pick/axe combo in a single tool.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Frog tower continues.

Need to mess with the moss some and see if I can make it look less blocky. I'm guessing having some of it protruding out might help. Probably need to thicken the walls now though, the one block width was fine before but once I started putting stuff on the walls it's looking less good.

I also need to figure out what I'm going to do with the inside of it, and then gather enough tungsten or emerald (probably tungsten) to cap the top of it off with a giant frog head. Want to do some more interesting things on the outside of it well, probably some smaller pillars to add some detail. Maybe inlay some shiny stuff in those. Thinking about trying to do a big pond mural on the interior with the get out frog depicted as a god-like figure or something. We'll see. And I need to make that entrance more elaborate.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Anyone wanna trade gnarled wood for 30 sapphires? I got a bunch of wood for your shiny stones :getin:

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
I'm the guy who has no creative talent and brings down the property value of the rest of the neighborhood.

And subjects everyone else to the view :getin:.

I think I'm going to make a wooden deck and house or building at ground level, and a deck with tiki torches and chairs and stuff on the top. The pillars are hollow and open at the top, and for some reason people love jumping down them and grappling to the top. I saw one guy do it like four times.

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 6, 2014

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What's up no talent buddy. I too am not creative at all and have land right next to the spires. :getin:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Bede posted:

Its a pain but you could hack a cylinder by taking a sphere slicing off all but the central disc then copy and paste the disc a few times. (save your finished cylinder as a template so you never have to do it again.)

If only spheres were that friendly. When yous tart cutting them piece by piece they get very jagged very fast.

Prophecy120 posted:

In correct, you can mine tin with it as well. So it is better than a copper pick, however you still need a copper pick for the next pick upgrade.. Just a lil easier to mine tin at the start.

Also can you scale templates?

E: I added frog's eyes.

Droid Washington posted:

What's up no talent buddy. I too am not creative at all and have land right next to the spires. :getin:

Even with no talent you can make bad frogs like me!

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 6, 2014

J
Jun 10, 2001

I feel real dumb but where do I get tourmaline? I need it to make the bronze pick and I've been running around mining copper and tin and still have 0 tourmaline.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

J posted:

I feel real dumb but where do I get tourmaline? I need it to make the bronze pick and I've been running around mining copper and tin and still have 0 tourmaline.

pink stuff i found it in t2.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Glad this game got its own thread. EQN and EQNL are two separate entities and should be treated as such.
Anyone taking bets on how long it is until the EQ:N thread sinks to the bottom and is archived?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kenny Rogers posted:

Anyone taking bets on how long it is until the EQ:N thread sinks to the bottom and is archived?

With as little info as we know about EQN it's probably a good thing anyway. SOE's focus is on Landmark right now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Droid Washington posted:

With as little info as we know about EQN it's probably a good thing anyway. SOE's focus is on Landmark right now.

Of course, it's how they are getting their content for EQN. Let the masses populate the world.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Al Borland posted:

pink stuff i found it in t2.

Oh ok. Thought I'd have to make the bronze pick to even think about mining anything from a T2 zone considering I see some stuff in T1 zones I don't have the resource rating to gather.

Vulcan
Mar 24, 2005
Motobike
Worth upgrading to trailblazer for mastercraft bracer?

Just wondering if my time spent trying to make items over and over again to get good stats (like the +2 keen-eye band) would be shortened enough to make the $40 upgrade worth it.

GruntingCod
Aug 4, 2006

Vulcan posted:

Worth upgrading to trailblazer for mastercraft bracer?

Just wondering if my time spent trying to make items over and over again to get good stats (like the +2 keen-eye band) would be shortened enough to make the $40 upgrade worth it.

I've been crafting along side my friend who has the bracer and I have consistently made better pickaxes than him. It's probably just my luck, but +10 doesn't seem worth the $40 difference.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Droid Washington posted:

This probably should happen. I think of this as the alpha alpha for EQN. Why? Because these models and environments will probably make it into EQN. If they add extra races that too...

Either way its clear EQN is a ways off. I'm fine with that. I can fantasize and create my own dungeons in the meantime.

E:
my next goal is to build this:

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 7, 2014

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Can someone give me a bit of a rundown about this game? I've heard next to nothing about it and I'm not much more informed after reading the OP but I'm looking for something to new to play and this was brought up in another thread.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Bob NewSCART posted:

Can someone give me a bit of a rundown about this game? I've heard next to nothing about it and I'm not much more informed after reading the OP but I'm looking for something to new to play and this was brought up in another thread.

I'll stream some for you.
http://www.twitch.tv/allborland/
Feel free to ask questions as they come. Give me a minute to start it up.

E:
gently caress the game is down.

Short version, its like a fancy minecraft. It really isn't implemented a lot yet as it is early alpha, but creation is fun. I made some fun things but there are tools I am starting to wish I had in the game or things I wish I had. I'll probably compile a list of things and submit them on the forums for alpha.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 7, 2014

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
Server is up again.

Chat channels seem to be broken, I am no longer in EQNLGoons and it won't allow me to join it anymore.

edit - Chat is back, please /join EQNLGoons even if you are on mumble. I can't speak because I lost my voice yelling at children so if you are in the channel we can still communicate.

Shemp the Stooge fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

joebob posted:

Server is up again.

Chat channels seem to be broken, I am no longer in EQNLGoons and it won't allow me to join it anymore.

Awesome, be on in a bit.

• Locked thread