Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Ninpo posted:

This has been floating around twitter:

That looks really good. But I thought that part of the hilarity of the massive Chevrolet deal was that they forgot to oblige Man Utd to include the text CHEVROLET on the shirt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Hmm...

That's supporters holding up scarves on the back. Interesting idea, real bad execution.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
If you own half and half scarves you have to give away your True Fan purity ring.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

PirateBob posted:

That looks really good. But I thought that part of the hilarity of the massive Chevrolet deal was that they forgot to oblige Man Utd to include the text CHEVROLET on the shirt?

Chevy is one of those brands that have a recognizable logo worldwide, you don't need to put the wordmark on there.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
while we're on theoretical shirts, I just got this thing a couple days ago (by Pele Sports, to explain why it looks vaguely like an old Santos kit)

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

That looks comfy and I like it but you shouldn't hang your knits.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

black.lion posted:

Wait, really? Why?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Sandwolf posted:

Wait, really? Why?

They stretch out after a while.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
Some K-League kits for the new season.

Suwon Samsung away look alright.

Ulsan Hyundai switches over to Nike.

Jeonbuk Hyundai celebrates 20 years.

And Seongnam changes ownership, from the Unification Church (Moonies) to Seongnam city.

Woof! Woof!
Aug 21, 2006

Supporters of whatever they're calling the club this week.

black.lion posted:

It's not knit, it's just made to look like knits.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

jyrka posted:

Can someone tell me what's wrong with half and half scarves? I missed the last Real Fans meeting.

Yeah, idgi either. Half and half scarves for European matches have been around forever over here.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Captain Trips posted:

Chevy is one of those brands that have a recognizable logo worldwide, you don't need to put the wordmark on there.
That isn't particularly correct in Europe and it'll be even less recognisable soon.

Remember that the Chevrolet/United deal runs until 2021.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Vinestalk posted:

Hmm...

That's supporters holding up scarves on the back. Interesting idea, real bad execution.

It's a poo poo club, so it kinda fits.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

brocked posted:

while we're on theoretical shirts, I just got this thing a couple days ago (by Pele Sports, to explain why it looks vaguely like an old Santos kit)

Where did you get this? It looks insanely comfy.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

NinjaSteve posted:

Where did you get this? It looks insanely comfy.

I snagged it off sportsdirect right after Christmas, does that mean I'm a Newcastle supporter now? :ohdear:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I see your Korea and raise you Japan!

Reigning two-time J.League champions Sanfrecce Hiroshima still have Nike and are still in purple

Last year's runners up, Yokohama F. Marinos, aka the home of Shunsuke Nakamura

Perennial big-club favorites Urawa Reds still look like a dodgy Manchester United rip-off

Seven-time J.League champions Kashima Antlers meanwhile got the actual United cast-offs

Last but not least, the bright pink and navy of Cerezo Osaka. In the picture is Kakitani, who is bound to be a break-out player at the World Cup, and it's notable that Cerezo have also secured the services of one Diego Forlan for this coming season.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

harperdc posted:

J. League Shirts

How about J. League best name club Shimizu S-Pulse? They still in the top flight, event?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Waffles Inc. posted:

How about J. League best name club Shimizu S-Pulse? They still in the top flight, event?

Yeah, still there mid-table and supplied by Puma.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I love that two tone blue of the Yokohama F. Marinos shirt. Been trying to find one but not exactly easy or cheap.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Cheap Japanese shirts don't exist. You can thank the worlds least discerning shoppers for that.

The Urawa white Away is the best one this season.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

hadji murad posted:

Cheap Japanese shirts don't exist. You can thank the worlds least discerning shoppers for that.

The Urawa white Away is the best one this season.

The sizes they come in don't help either. I am not a big guy but Japanese XL is smaller than an American medium. I have an older shimizu s-pulse shirt (the one with the globe on it) and I searched around for an XL forever, found one, and it still fits me like a bike shirt and cost me $80.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

GutBomb posted:

The sizes they come in don't help either. I am not a big guy but Japanese XL is smaller than an American medium. I have an older shimizu s-pulse shirt (the one with the globe on it) and I searched around for an XL forever, found one, and it still fits me like a bike shirt and cost me $80.

This was my number one worry with the shirts. I knew they'd run incredibly small but holy poo poo a medium? Really?

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Akileese posted:

This was my number one worry with the shirts. I knew they'd run incredibly small but holy poo poo a medium? Really?
Official shop quotes an XL (or 'O') size shirt as being 100cm/39" chest. That's pretty tiny!

edit: they have a preset name on the shirt order form for the mascot :3:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Edmund Honda posted:

Official shop quotes an XL (or 'O') size shirt as being 100cm/39" chest. That's pretty tiny!

edit: they have a preset name on the shirt order form for the mascot :3:

Say I was able to find one in a knock off site (I think I've seen one or two tops) are those sizes going to be what the rest of the world includes to be standard for XL, or are they going to be Japanese kit XL?

e: Looks like you need to find an Asian 3XL to match an American XL/European XXL.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 10, 2014

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
This is the Boca Juniors third kit.

Probably will be never used in a match.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
nuthin but 1000 yard stares

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Soup and a Sandwich posted:

nuthin but 1000 yard stares

Unlike most wales teams of the past 30 years, they actually have two world class players not just one.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
One World Cup appearance, one appearance in the Euro.

All In For Nothing.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Captain Trips posted:

One World Cup appearance, one appearance in the Euro.

All In For Nothing.

If that Wales team was in CONCACAF they would walk into the World Cup every time, it isn't their fault that they are in arguably the toughest federation (though CONMEBOL has a legitimate shout at the toughest as well)and that any Welshman with English blood in his veins and is good enough for England will almost always choose England. Put the United States in UEFA and see what happens.

red_blip
Feb 19, 2008

Fine human machine.

oh em gee bee ess posted:

Put the United States in UEFA and see what happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S58rstMhKK8

:parrot:

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

quote:

we bossed Ramos, Iniesta, Torres, Pique, Villa, etc. like nothing. The announcer John Harkes shows his "US Soccer doubt" ( sometimes confused w/Eurosnob ) that we all show at times, when he says "Luck" two times on Altidore's goal. No luck about it. People need to believe in US Soccer. We can be a global power in football.

hahah good find

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Put the United States in UEFA and see what happens.
They'll start each qualifying campaign at match 5.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Unlike most wales teams of the past 30 years, they actually have two world class players not just one.

Neville Southall couldnt do it all on his own!

red_blip
Feb 19, 2008

Fine human machine.
Also:

Probably Fake. "Leaked" on twitter by a friend of a friend who has a dog from the same litter as some Nike guy.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

red_blip posted:

Also:

Probably Fake. "Leaked" on twitter by a friend of a friend who has a dog from the same litter as some Nike guy.

That one's been floating around since September or October.

E: Oh hey, I was the one who posted it here

Real Name Grover posted:

These were leaked/faked a few weeks ago and likely bogus because it seems too early (also I doubt we'd have two predominantly blue shirts), but since this is the thread for it...

Most recent leak, AFAIK, from a month ago:

Real Name Grover posted:

If legit, pretty loving boring IMO

red_blip
Feb 19, 2008

Fine human machine.

Real Name Grover posted:

That one's been floating around since September or October.

E: Oh hey, I was the one who posted it here

Dang, I'm dumb. I just saw it and thought it was somehow more recent than the white polo.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
Even if the white polo hadn't leaked, that's the Centennial crest from last year.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Captain Trips posted:

Even if the white polo hadn't leaked, that's the Centennial crest from last year.

A while back, Sunil Gulati said the were "re-evaluating" the current crest, so here's hoping we get something decent enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Real Name Grover posted:

A while back, Sunil Gulati said the were "re-evaluating" the current crest, so here's hoping we get something decent enough

The one on the shirt you posted is a refreshed version.