Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
Finally finished transferring, now I just need to reorganise everything and breed poo poo to fill in the gaps, hit the GTS for missing legendaries and I will finally be a pokemon master :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Twelve by Pies posted:

I finally now have every Vivillon pattern.

You lucky SOB. Any tips on collecting?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Millions posted:

You lucky SOB. Any tips on collecting?

Have a shitload of legendaries from previous gens. That's how I got mine. As I said, IcySnow was the hardest for me, all the ones that have been up for a while want either Mew or Celebi. I was lucky to catch someone who had just put one up for trade and requested a Lugia. Most of the other patterns request more common legendaries, but any pattern other than Elegant or Modern is almost certainly asking for a legendary in return.

I also had trouble with anyone who requested a Victini, no matter which Victini I picked, it would say "That's a special Pokemon!" and wouldn't let me trade it.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Twelve by Pies posted:

Have a shitload of legendaries from previous gens. That's how I got mine. As I said, IcySnow was the hardest for me, all the ones that have been up for a while want either Mew or Celebi. I was lucky to catch someone who had just put one up for trade and requested a Lugia. Most of the other patterns request more common legendaries, but any pattern other than Elegant or Modern is almost certainly asking for a legendary in return.

I also had trouble with anyone who requested a Victini, no matter which Victini I picked, it would say "That's a special Pokemon!" and wouldn't let me trade it.

If it's GTS or Wondertrade, even if obtained legitimately, it's a no go. Was able to trade Jirachi's today via regular online trade but that's about it.

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

The Leper Colon V posted:

In that case, go for it, I guess. Especially since Roserade's immune to both Sleep (except Dark Void and Hypnosis) and Toxic now.

Meant to ask you, what's your rationale for hp ice on litwick? I'm thinking of bedding some Chandelure tonight and was trying to decide on a move set.

EDIT: breeding. Goddamn phone.

TwoSheds fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 7, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TwoSheds posted:

Meant to ask you, what's your rationale for hp ice on litwick? I'm thinking of bedding some Chandelure tonight and was trying to decide on a move set.
It's an OHKO on Toxic Orb Gliscor, who needs a counter otherwise he can stall you for basically forever with Substitute+Protect. And Infiltrator is one of the few things that Gliscor can't deal with.

The really dumb players will even stay in to try and kill you with Earthquake. :getin:

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
Why does GTS allow you to request event pokemon if they can't be traded on there anyway? That seems like a huge oversight to me.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Someone just wondertraded me a Ho-Oh. :stare:

For a luvdisc.

Is it GTS spoofed or otherwise faked? Is there some way to tell?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Unless you give us more information, we can only guess. It can be obtained as recent as the Dream Transfer app, or moved up from Gen IV. It can be shiny, any level above 5 (or that only applies to the genies in which case 40, I guess).

It's a legendary, but that don't mean it's hacked.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Joeslop posted:

So how rigorous is the hacked Pokemon detector in the Poke Transporter? I have a bunch of "unobtainable" Pokemon that I used one of those GTS programs to copy in. From what I remember they were all legit in the idea that they were merely copied from real Pokemon instead of created. But assuming some of them aren't, is the program going to notice and immediately ban me? Or will it say "Hey this Pokemon isn't real, don't send it over."

Poke Transporter's detector is the almost the same as the Generation 5 online hack detector--if you're ever really worried, try connecting to Battle Spot in BW/BW2 with your "questionable" Pokemon in your party and see if it'll let you participate in a battle--if it starts searching for a fight then you're clean. They did change SOMETHING but the rhyme and reasoning to what Poke Transporter recognizes as hacked isn't very clear, but this is a good general rule of thumb before transporting.

Either way I think they're only going to ban people who do really blatant poo poo like store thousands of duped Mewtwos. They're not going to ban you for trying to transport hacks because somewhere out there's a kid who unknowingly got a hacked Shiny Totodile off the GTS and loves that thing to death and gets banned for daring to send his best buddy to a new game.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

nerdbot posted:

Poke Transporter's detector is the almost the same as the Generation 5 online hack detector--if you're ever really worried, try connecting to Battle Spot in BW/BW2 with your "questionable" Pokemon in your party and see if it'll let you participate in a battle--if it starts searching for a fight then you're clean. They did change SOMETHING but the rhyme and reasoning to what Poke Transporter recognizes as hacked isn't very clear, but this is a good general rule of thumb before transporting.

Either way I think they're only going to ban people who do really blatant poo poo like store thousands of duped Mewtwos. They're not going to ban you for trying to transport hacks because somewhere out there's a kid who unknowingly got a hacked Shiny Totodile off the GTS and loves that thing to death and gets banned for daring to send his best buddy to a new game.

Yeah, there is far too much of a risk of scoring a PR own goal if you ban people who just happen to have got hold of a few dodgy pokemon on the GTS.

I do wonder whether they'd ban people for trying that thing that was posted about with the "dream world but not dream world" starters.

NB. You can also try using Pokecheck to examine a mon before you try to send it to Gen 6, if you feel the need to be really cautious. Or if you want to find out what exactly is dodgy about a mon that got flagged - I did this yesterday.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Crosspeice posted:

Unless you give us more information, we can only guess. It can be obtained as recent as the Dream Transfer app, or moved up from Gen IV. It can be shiny, any level above 5 (or that only applies to the genies in which case 40, I guess).

It's a legendary, but that don't mean it's hacked.

Nope, lvl 70 and not a shiny.

I just can't imagine anybody trading away a ho-oh i guess. I could see doing it by accident, but why wouldn't you just turn the DS off when you saw what you were trading?

Oh well, their loss I guess.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

*Disregard former post*

Incidentally, could anyone help me evolve a slowpoke into Slowking? I've been working on a doubles team since apparently nobody really gives a crap about singles anymore; and I've been wanting to try it for awhile.

0619-3552-4140

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 7, 2014

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
After hearing about you doing this I'm doing an experiment of my own and transfering a Ho-oh to X and Y to see if it's possible to store in GTS or Wondertrade. Give me a minute to get it over

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
If you're that worried about getting banned, keep your hacked/dubious poo poo on your X/Y boxes and not Bank. I don't think they'll do anything though, since they haven't punished the people who have been able to spoof the kalos pentagon on ported mons. That's much more damaging since they can use them on online tournament where they are banned.

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

Added you (apparently I hadn't yet) FC: 3067-9848-4121

e: Don't have X stones (I own Y) but I have a 5IV charmander or Dratini I can send you. The Dratini's Adamant/Marvel Scale and have Extreme Speed if you're looking to go physical. Charmander is Timid (but his imperfect stat is S.atk :v:).

It says your FC is incorrect. I'll take the Dratini though.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Night Blade posted:

Shut down next week for Pokemon Black / White GTS. I imagine there being a frenzy of hacked pokemon being made right now.

Incidentally, could anyone help me evolve a slowpoke into Slowking? I've been working on a doubles team since apparently nobody really gives a crap about singles anymore; and I've been wanting to try it for awhile.

0619-3552-4140

You still need this? I need a Porygon2 evolved anyway, to COMPLETE my Dex.
5033 5340 6744 (Eric)

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

Kuhmondo posted:

Hmm regarding all the random blocks from bank; it's definitely weird and I honestly don't know what's restricting them. I was able to gen up all the event legendaries and bank them over with no problem; few examples would be Genesects, Jirachis, N's stuff, and hell even Nobunaga Rayquaza. I might tinker around with random mons to see if I can figure out what's blocking certain transfers.

And yes to whoever mentioned that my Steam is the Lakers logo. I'll be hopping on to trade out Dittos to the people in the last 2-3 pages that asked for one in a bit.

edit: Oh yeah i'm still looking for a random Xerneas, Mewtwonite X, and Manectricite. Someone mentioned trading me Pinsirite earlier so i'll get back to that individual.

edit 2: I also need a Charizardite X if anyone is willing.

Thank you so much. You just traded me ditto for a xerneas. I have tons if perfect 5ivs if you want. Tyrunt, corphish, larvesta, froakie, klefki, snover, goomy, dratini, skarmory, aegislash, helioptile, scyther, scolipede, carracosta, whismur, shroomish, noibat, gabite, sableye, larvitar, axew, cyndaquil, heracross. Almost all have have appropriate egg moves and HAs.

Now I am going to make one of my favourite pokemon, a claydol.

TastyAvocado fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 7, 2014

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Well I'll be damned, Yep Ho-Oh Can be wondertraded... No "special pokemon" restriction

Cresselia can, Ho-oh can... Others can't... Nintendo is weird :iiam:

List of Special Pokemon that can't be Wonder traded or GTS traded
Deoxys
Celibi
Jirachi
Victini

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 7, 2014

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Night Blade posted:

Shut down next week for Pokemon Black / White GTS. I imagine there being a frenzy of hacked pokemon being made right now.

Got a source for that? I thought the GTS went down on Jan 16, but you can still send mons from Pokedit over and receive them no problem as of today.

Millions fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 7, 2014

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Diet Poison posted:

You still need this? I need a Porygon2 evolved anyway, to COMPLETE my Dex.
5033 5340 6744 (Eric)

Invalid friend code.

quote:

Got a source for that?

https://www.pokemon-gl.com

Edit: Nevermind, I think I misread something.

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

I had a whole bunch of hacked mons on my B/W that I had transported from Platinum, and not very surprisingly, none of them were able to be transferred. None except for a shiny Meowth with Pickup and perfect IVs. I'm not sure what's different about him, but whatever, Meowth is cool.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
So if you log in to the Global Link, you get a notice that "You’ve Qualified for the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y Beta Competition!" (or I do, anyway)

If you click on it, it tells you that "All you need to do to participate in the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y Beta Competition is download the regulations and set up your Battle Box." But I have no idea how you go about doing those things. Does anyone have any idea what it's talking about?

Night Blade posted:

Where are you getting this information from? I would be surprised if they permanently shut down the Gneration 5 GTS, since as far as I know the Generation 4 one still hasn't been shut down.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Spiffster posted:

Well I'll be damned, Yep Ho-Oh Can be wondertraded... No "special pokemon" restriction

Cresselia can, Ho-oh can, Victini, Jirachi, and Deoxys can not. So weird at their choice of restrictions

They restrict event Pokemon. You can catch Ho-oh normally in Heartgold/Soulsilver and using the Dream Radar without any special events. You could never just catch Victini, Jirachi, Deoxys, Celebi, Mew etc. on a cart without a special Nintendo event.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Night Blade posted:

Invalid friend code.

https://www.pokemon-gl.com

Edit: Nevermind, I think I misread something.

gently caress me, it's 0533 5340 6744. Transposed the first two numbers.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Zore posted:

They restrict event Pokemon. You can catch Ho-oh normally in Heartgold/Soulsilver and using the Dream Radar without any special events. You could never just catch Victini, Jirachi, Deoxys, Celebi, Mew etc. on a cart without a special Nintendo event.

And unless something has changed this gen, there isn't restrictions on event Pokemon with GTS trading. But event Pokemon with Classic Ribbons.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Diet Poison posted:

gently caress me, it's 0533 5340 6744. Transposed the first two numbers.

Added you, please make sure slowking learns nasty plot.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-85344644

So, why did I win the sucker punch contest that occurred here? Is it fastest wins, or what?

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
Help a paranoid nerd out. Transferred all my mons to the Pokebank, asked friend to hold on to a few dudes holding specific, valuable items. If I restart my save file, I'll still have access to my bank so I can start a silly wonderlocke and once I'm done get all my mons back, right?

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH

Night Blade posted:

I thought everything that was already going to be shut down was shut down last month. Where are they saying it'll be shut down for good?

Hammerite posted:

If you click on it, it tells you that "All you need to do to participate in the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y Beta Competition is download the regulations and set up your Battle Box." But I have no idea how you go about doing those things. Does anyone have any idea what it's talking about?

They actually have the information on the regular site instead of PGL. It's basically double battles, but on top of banning the usual suspects, you can only use Pokemon born and raised in Kalos, meaning no legendary Pokemon besides Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Zore posted:

Great, so now even if Nintendo prohibits people for asking for things like a level 10 and below Zekrom, people will just brag about their shinies on GTS by asking for Victini or Jirachi.

This does explain the lack of Manaphy on GTS though. Kinda sucks that people can't get a legit one off there, seeing as how Manaphy is one of the most difficult to obtain legendaries.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Can you get new shinies by breeding shinies?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Ignite Memories posted:

So, why did I win the sucker punch contest that occurred here? Is it fastest wins, or what?
They're at the same priority, so probably.

Just so you know, Mega Aggron is a pure Steel type, not Rock/Steel.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Maxmaps posted:

Help a paranoid nerd out. Transferred all my mons to the Pokebank, asked friend to hold on to a few dudes holding specific, valuable items. If I restart my save file, I'll still have access to my bank so I can start a silly wonderlocke and once I'm done get all my mons back, right?

Yeah, the bank is tied to your Nintendo ID, not your cart or anything like that. You just have to get up to getting your pokedex to access it.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

L0cke17 posted:

I found that its a bit easier than that. just rename one box at a time to 'transfer' without quotes, save and run transporter again to pull mons from different boxes.

Apparently my memory was faulty/I couldn't repeat this. Must be the test week stress and sleep deprication setting in.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Shiny parents have the same chance of producing shiny offspring as non-shiny parents.

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Breeding shinies won't increase the odds of getting a shiny. Masuda Method and/or Shiny Charm will.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Ignite Memories posted:

Sucker Punch fails against faster priority and yours outsped. Also run Drain Punch on Toxicroak.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ignite Memories posted:

If two pokemon use moves on the same priority level, speed is used to determine who goes first as normal. So yes, the fastest sucker punch user will win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Complexcalibur posted:

I thought everything that was already going to be shut down was shut down last month. Where are they saying it'll be shut down for good?

They actually have the information on the regular site instead of PGL. It's basically double battles, but on top of banning the usual suspects, you can only use Pokemon born and raised in Kalos, meaning no legendary Pokemon besides Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.

Oh, that's weird that they have so much more information there and they don't link it in any way from the PGL. Still, at least I know that I don't have to do anything for now. Thanks.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Shininess of egg pokemon is completely unrelated to shininess of parents.

Ignite Memories posted:

Yes. In order for Sucker Punch to work, the target has to be getting ready to use a damaging attack (i.e. they must not have moved yet in this round and they must not be getting ready to use a Status move). You outsped and used Sucker Punch. On the later round when his Toxicroak went first, it outsped your Bisharp. Your Sucker Punch failed because the target had already acted that round.

It is possible in a Doubles or Triples match for a Pokemon to be hit by Sucker Punch and still successfully hit another pokemon with Sucker Punch (a different pokemon to the other Sucker Punch user, though).

• Locked thread