Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"
Goon platoon wrecking faces tonight! Also, thread no longer has poo poo post tag :toot:

E:

Zo posted:

People said both so I don't know. Honestly I had written the match off so I wasn't even paying attention - I thought we had lost our nukes :v:

I totally forgot about replays, I'll look into it.

edit: It was a gogg! Also we DID lose our first nuke (I thought that was how we got them down to 1 bar but I guess it was just good ol' elbow grease). I also relived my glory of soloing two gundams :)

The heroic dumpling in question:

:golfclap: Fantastic.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Feb 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Free Triangle posted:

Goon platoon wrecking faces tonight! Also, thread no longer has poo poo post tag :toot:

That was a lot of fun! Also yeah I got around to messaging a mod about the tag :v:

I made it to the last rank of silver matchmaking today. Still slowly gaining PP but I'm not a fan of how much your PP swings depends on whether you win or lose, since you have so little influence on that. It's pretty brutal if you get a B loss now.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zo posted:

That was a lot of fun! Also yeah I got around to messaging a mod about the tag :v:

I made it to the last rank of silver matchmaking today. Still slowly gaining PP but I'm not a fan of how much your PP swings depends on whether you win or lose, since you have so little influence on that. It's pretty brutal if you get a B loss now.

The only way to counter that is it consistently place in the top 5. That's how I lost my gold rank when I went from support to everything actually fun.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Al Borland posted:

The only way to counter that is it consistently place in the top 5. That's how I lost my gold rank when I went from support to everything actually fun.

Well I'm grinding up mostly playing assault/heavy so hopefully I don't run into that.

Honestly I've never enjoyed playing support, and prototype zaku is only passable because of the triple bazooka heavy-lite playstyle. Also compensating for my awful deckcost maximum.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zo posted:

Well I'm grinding up mostly playing assault/heavy so hopefully I don't run into that.

Honestly I've never enjoyed playing support, and prototype zaku is only passable because of the triple bazooka heavy-lite playstyle. Also compensating for my awful deckcost maximum.

Best part about playing heavy is that it's one of the easier leader boards to qualify(Top 500, around 5000+ points usually) for DX tickets. Partially why I mostly play assault/heavy.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Free Triangle posted:

Best part about playing heavy is that it's one of the easier leader boards to qualify(Top 500, around 5000+ points usually) for DX tickets. Partially why I mostly play assault/heavy.

I definitely want to switch to 2 assault/2 heavy when I get more deck cost. Pulled a silver gelgoog cannon today and it popped with lv1 beam shooter. Even 3 heavy 1 assault would be nice since the deck bonus is still boost amount and you can freely switch out the assault.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
shouldn't the game be up by now?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zeirnaton posted:

shouldn't the game be up by now?

In an hour or so, but you can start patching now if you haven't.

E:About 3 hours or so ago it was OK to patch :v:
E2: You can play now if you've patched.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 5, 2014

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
looks like we got 20k points and some gold master tickets, for maintenance?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zeirnaton posted:

looks like we got 20k points and some gold master tickets, for maintenance?

Gold master tickets are for winning the war. A tangible incentive to win the weekly wars. You can get up to 3 depending on your W:L record that week. If you lose, you get paid GP.

The GP you received was for our guild's ranking, we were in the top 300 guilds for Zeon. Get paid for our performance :smug:.

randombattle posted:

Sigh I bet they will nerf Zeon based on this week because they will just look at the win ratio and not that Federation is playing like garbage expecting one shots and bazooka spam to win.

Doesn't look like we got nerfed! Stay free, Earth Federation :laugh:.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
lol went and finished all the tutorials and after I did I went and queued up a match and a popup showed and I clicked it and was like aww poo poo I'm a commander now? we were winning pretty hard but I got kicked I guess any ways I have a 15min penalty I guess any idea at what I did wrong? prolly just being a horrible commander I suppose?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zeirnaton posted:

lol went and finished all the tutorials and after I did I went and queued up a match and a popup showed and I clicked it and was like aww poo poo I'm a commander now? we were winning pretty hard but I got kicked I guess any ways I have a 15min penalty I guess any idea at what I did wrong? prolly just being a horrible commander I suppose?

If you don't say anything they will kick you.

If you find yourself as commander somehow, refer to this for some premade commander stuff to say. It was in the wall of text, second post of the thread.

Substitute in objectives and ignore their questions, your orders are absolute!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Free Triangle posted:

If you don't say anything they will kick you.

If you find yourself as commander somehow, refer to this for some premade commander stuff to say. It was in the wall of text, second post of the thread.

Substitute in objectives and ignore their questions, your orders are absolute!

Well they still probably will kick you for having an english name. Even telling them to make the federation suck it down got me kicked a few times.

Also I still bet you next balance patch sees a bunch of zeon nerfs. It's too good to believe that they made zeon suits more equal to gundams.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

Well they still probably will kick you for having an english name. Even telling them to make the federation suck it down got me kicked a few times.

Also I still bet you next balance patch sees a bunch of zeon nerfs. It's too good to believe that they made zeon suits more equal to gundams.

No doubt. Probably they will shave our armour bonuses by 3/4 or something knee-jerk like that :negative:.

E:They won't kick for english names. I've done it before, so has AlBorland. Some Japanese players have english names and command too :v:

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Feb 5, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

randombattle posted:

I've never been kicked. They like me though cause I get poo poo done :3:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I probably just had a bad experience the three times I tried to do it then. I will admit one of those may have been from encouraging people to chant USA USA USA to give them power.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Whoever said max range continuous beam rifle sniper is extremely annoying, I totally agree. Gave my lv 5 range extension zaku I sniper a max range continuous beam L and went to town on the walled city map. I kept at least 3 enemy snipers suppressed - and they even shot their charge beam at me in futility (I was well out of their range). That and farming points by shooting their battleships while they think it's parked safely.

I don't think I would take it out on any other map but that one is always a dead stalemate and super wide and open. Perfect for some 2 kilometer range shenanigans.

edit :siren: oh my god you can equip both the continuous beam L AND a 135mm sniper F at the same time, plus ammo packs - doing this every game :siren:

Zo fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 7, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zo posted:

Whoever said max range continuous beam rifle sniper is extremely annoying, I totally agree. Gave my lv 5 range extension zaku I sniper a max range continuous beam L and went to town on the walled city map.

I was doing this before it was cool :colbert: It got me from 20th place to 1st place several times by single handedly taking out white bases.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Al Borland posted:

I was doing this before it was cool :colbert: It got me from 20th place to 1st place several times by single handedly taking out white bases.

Well it's double cool now that you can use a 135mm at the same time so you're not stuck to JUST being annoying :colbert:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zo posted:

Well it's double cool now that you can use a 135mm at the same time so you're not stuck to JUST being annoying :colbert:

Oh that laser gun isnt JUST annoying. It murders and that's hilarious. If you see someone go down you can basically act like a pool of death laser piranhas.

E: also base defenses melt to it.

That and it is hilarious to out range kill other snipers trying to get a head shot on you only to realize they're out of range.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Yeah I can see it being a lot more potent if you had like a group of 3 people doing it over mumble. Just one felt pretty weak, even on downed enemies.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zo posted:

Yeah I can see it being a lot more potent if you had like a group of 3 people doing it over mumble. Just one felt pretty weak, even on downed enemies.

I remember seeing way back in the day a group of 6 trolls doing this and it was slightly annoying / effective.

Now it would actually be brutal like co-op snipers.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
I played this briefly (read: one or two days) a long while ago, but in the past week I've powered through MSG and the first half of Zeta, so I gotta scratch the itch. Hopefully my old account hasn't been wiped, but we'll see after I finish downloading. Has the Goonguild always been on Shangrila?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Someday I will get a sniper suit and be able to snipe but good god I think I blew all my luck on that first DX gachapon that I did.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Kraven Moorhed posted:

I played this briefly (read: one or two days) a long while ago, but in the past week I've powered through MSG and the first half of Zeta, so I gotta scratch the itch. Hopefully my old account hasn't been wiped, but we'll see after I finish downloading. Has the Goonguild always been on Shangrila?

No there was something on Francesca. Also things have greatly improved over the past year. So you're going to enjoy getting useful units and not being poo poo pushed by the feddies.

You're entering the new zeon golden era.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

randombattle posted:

Someday I will get a sniper suit and be able to snipe but good god I think I blew all my luck on that first DX gachapon that I did.

You guys have so many good things you can easily get now. Back in my day the best thing I HAD was an experimental zgok which was godly until the aqua gundam with bonus laser damage game out. So I had it for about 1 week.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Al Borland posted:

You guys have so many good things you can easily get now. Back in my day the best thing I HAD was an experimental zgok which was godly until the aqua gundam with bonus laser damage game out. So I had it for about 1 week.

My original free silver FS that everyone gets is still my best performing suit tied with my silver act zaku. The FS is just such a beast with its mobility. Almost nobody else uses it in gold matchmaking but I can't see myself getting rid of it except for a gold version.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Spray shooter sadly isn't as useful as it used to be, combat custom is the new best trait for it. Shotguns didn't have their damaged buffed so they kinda suck now, especially since people generally will have a lot more balance.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Looks like this'll be starting off with a clean slate. In as Consul.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

-Troika- posted:

Spray shooter sadly isn't as useful as it used to be, combat custom is the new best trait for it. Shotguns didn't have their damaged buffed so they kinda suck now, especially since people generally will have a lot more balance.

Yeah I don't make use of the module at all. Still, it's just a silver suit anyway so the loss of a level 1 module feels pretty nominal.

Speaking of balance, does anyone run suits with just two weapons? I've been thinking about it for my act zaku. On non-grenade maps I run a bullpup and it almost never sees use aside from killing enemy aces. Seems like getting more boost and balance might be better.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Looks like this'll be starting off with a clean slate. In as Consul.

Got you!

-Troika- posted:

Consider swapping to 3 point burst shotgun. Unupgraded, the 3 pellet wave hits for 720 damage if you can get up close. The burst damage is rivalled by bazookas! it's that good if you can get up close.

I still run shotgun N on my Zaku II F Assault though. It just feels easy to land a clean pellet wave. Admittedly it's rocket traited, I run shotgun N/Magella F/Bazooka F with max quick switch module for shenanigans.

Zo posted:

Yeah I don't make use of the module at all. Still, it's just a silver suit anyway so the loss of a level 1 module feels pretty nominal.

Speaking of balance, does anyone run suits with just two weapons? I've been thinking about it for my act zaku. On non-grenade maps I run a bullpup and it almost never sees use aside from killing enemy aces. Seems like getting more boost and balance might be better.

Yes, on my Z'gok E (beam shooter traited) I remove the melee, giving me +171 balance, can't be knocked down by untraited bazooka F or saber N. Some Feddy gundams purposefully do it too.

Act Zaku's bullpup is the best machine gun in the game but if it doesn't really have a place in your game plan, more power to you. It kinda needs to eat up a quick-switch module to be effective too since it has some switch time.

If you leave that slot empty, (360 weight / 5) = +72 balance. Not bad. About a ~+3% boost bonus as well.

Here are some balance thresholds for making sure stuff doesn't knock you down, if you feel like min-maxing:

Every +20 balance gives a %1 boost bonus.

Assuming no traits and max customize damage (Always max damage on your knockdown capable weapons)

+61, Gundam Dual Bazookas/O type sabers/75mm/135mm Sniper rifle F front shot won't knock you down if you are grounded.
+127, Gundam Dual Bazookas(Rocket trait level 3) won't knock you down if you are grounded.
+141, Beam spraygun/Shotgun N won't knock you down from the air or stagger you on the ground.
+171, bazooka F(Assault type),Grenade F,Melee type N won't knock you down if you are grounded. Covers the most common Feddy weapons.
+195, Wolf GM's charge beam F won't knock you down from the air or stagger you on the ground.
+225, O type sabers/75mm/135mm Sniper rifle F head/flank shot won't knock you down if you are grounded.
+270, Beam shooter 5 charge beam F won't knock you down from the air or stagger you on the ground.
+280, T type Melee won't knock you down if you are grounded.
+286, bazooka F(Assault type, max rocket shooter won't knock you down if you are grounded.

Balance past this point is impractical for most suits, you'd be ditching some sort of key weapon(Or you won't have a weapon at all even).

+335, bazooka F(Heavy type), won't knock you down if you are grounded.
+364, Melee type N, won't knock you down if you are struck in the back/head.

You may use damage reduction modules to lower the balance requirement. There are +balance modules as well (They only work on the case of falling or getting staggered), so you may need to do some quick math to figure out which is better.

For trivia, +400 balance, +20% boost bonus is the cap.

E: Not making numbers up here's how it works:
If Balance =< (Damage taken - 600) then get knocked down
If Balance =< (Damage taken - 300) then get staggered, if you were in the air get knocked down.

E2: Just noticed you hit gold tier in ~120 games, a new record for the guild! It took me about ~1000, but I've stayed there since! :v:

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 7, 2014

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Not sure if everyone starts with this or whatever, but I have what looks to be a Gold Zaku Tank blueprint. 200 Cost, 50 time, and 30 slots. Worth building or should I skip it?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Not sure if everyone starts with this or whatever, but I have what looks to be a Gold Zaku Tank blueprint. 200 Cost, 50 time, and 30 slots. Worth building or should I skip it?

Gold print gets the exclusive F2 main shelling gun, it sees a lot of use amongst Zeon shelling veterans. Also, it cannot be knocked down.

Recommended if you like shelling units.

E: It also has interesting weapon options, refer to the Wiki. It's pretty readable with google translate.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Feb 7, 2014

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I should be around 220 games! I do plan on staying in gold though - something clicked recently and I went from averaging 150 points to averaging 300 points. Earned most of my rank points in the last two weeks.

Also thanks for the balance advice. Definitely giving up the bullpup then, at least for one loadout.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
New GP Gashacon announced for next week.

EFSF
Guncannon(Shelling Specification)
GM Groundtype Assault Equipment

Zeon
Gyan
Zaku II F Shelling equipment

Nothing too game changing.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
I finally got my zaku II S with 44 items left in the gacha, since I finally have all units from it I went ahead and reset it since I can farm it now for monies

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Well, Mudfish went back to not working. I can't fix it.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zeirnaton posted:

I finally got my zaku II S with 44 items left in the gacha, since I finally have all units from it I went ahead and reset it since I can farm it now for monies

Congrats!

CassiusW posted:

Well, Mudfish went back to not working. I can't fix it.

Are you trying the Amazon server? It doesn't work, try Linode or Softbank.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Are you trying the Amazon server? It doesn't work, try Linode or Softbank.

I always used the Linode server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
I'm just gonna stick with WTFast btw has anyone tried simply creating another account for WTFast to get another free trial or does it not work like that?

• Locked thread