Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Yeah I was expecting spoilers but wow, spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Sober posted:

Yeah I was expecting spoilers but wow, spoilers.

The leading theory is that that part will either be some kinda dream or will just be in the first episode and set up the rest of the season. Either way I kind of doubt that something like that (which will obviously only occur towards the end or at the very least middle of the season) would just be spoiled in every trailer they've shown so far if it wasn't also going to be shown very early on.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Yoshifan823 posted:

Suburgatory has seemingly replaced Alan Tudyk with Natasha Leggero and a small adopted son for the Shays.

Suburgatory owns bones, guys.

She's supposed to be getting a pilot on Comedy Central, so I don't know how long she'll be sticking around. I also always forget just how short she is. I thought Jane Levy was tiny!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Any threads for the new Amazon pilots?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1001155581

The After and Bosch are two I'm especially excited for.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mu Zeta posted:

I saw a bit of The After and Mozart. They look like actual shows with real cameras and everything unlike the previous Amazon shows that look like they were filmed for public access television.

Yeah those two shows look like they'll be pretty drat good.

Also, holy poo poo at the Olympics thread. I knew Russia was a shithole, but... holy gently caress. :suspense:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I should have expected Teek to be on the ball with those. Whoops.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Transparent is great, according to the guy at Time and the lady at Vulture, but haven't watched yet. Pretty crazy cast: Jeffrey Tambor, Gaby Hoffmann, Amy Landecker, Rob Huebel, Judith Light, Jay Duplass. Solid behind camera people too.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

GraPar posted:

Transparent is great, according to the guy at Time and the lady at Vulture, but haven't watched yet. Pretty crazy cast: Jeffrey Tambor, Gaby Hoffmann, Amy Landecker, Rob Huebel, Judith Light, Jay Duplass. Solid behind camera people too.

I watched it and while it was very well made and the acting was good there was one big problem. Comedies are usually supposed to be funny. And I didn't get a single laugh out of the episode. And it's not like there were jokes and they simply weren't funny. I don't actually think there were any jokes at all in it. And not even any humorous situations. It's basically a half hour drama. And while it was very competently made I didn't see anything there that would make me even the least bit interested in seeing more.

Also it suffers from a severe case of Pilot-itis in that there's way too many stories going on at once.

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 7, 2014

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Okay, I'm kinda pissed that The After is only one episode. I want to see what the hell is gonna happen :argh:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
After is amazing and amazingly hosed up.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I agree, I really hope it goes to series. I'd buy Prime for it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Been seeing some people spread around a Facebook ad for American Horror Story season 4 in October, and apparently it's focusing on Slenderman. Not sure if it's bullshit but I figured someone here might know. If it's true, what have you done, goons? :cripes:

\/\/\/I never said I believed it. Try not being a wang.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 7, 2014

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

Been seeing some people spread around a Facebook ad for American Horror Story season 4 in October, and apparently it's focusing on Slenderman. Not sure if it's bullshit but I figured someone here might know. If it's true, what have you done, goons? :cripes:

There has been absolutely zero news concerning the 4th season other than tiny bits and pieces. Slenderman is not one of them. Try not believing everything you read on Facebook.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

GreenNight posted:

There has been absolutely zero news concerning the 4th season other than tiny bits and pieces. Slenderman is not one of them. Try not believing everything you read on Facebook.

Not zero. There are rumors that the next season takes place in the 40s/50s and Jessica Lange is brushing up on her German.

None of which have to do with Slenderman.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

Not zero. There are rumors that the next season takes place in the 40s/50s and Jessica Lange is brushing up on her German.

None of which have to do with Slenderman.

Those are the bits and pieces. Nothing about story lines or specific monsters.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Also I really liked Bosch. You can tell it's from a dude who worked on The Wire.

Also loving Lance Reddick :dance:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm about 20 minutes through The After right now and while I'm enjoying it there's some really questionable acting in it already. The clown guy is pretty bad (And right as I'm typing this I'm realizing it's Jamie Kennedy) and the blonde is absolutely atrocious. I'm hoping whatever happens in the next 35 minutes makes the show worth it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Aldis Hodge is great and nobody does sleazy lawyer as well as Pasdar.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Deadpool posted:

I'm about 20 minutes through The After right now and while I'm enjoying it there's some really questionable acting in it already. The clown guy is pretty bad (And right as I'm typing this I'm realizing it's Jamie Kennedy) and the blonde is absolutely atrocious. I'm hoping whatever happens in the next 35 minutes makes the show worth it.

Holy poo poo, I had no idea that was Jamie Kennedy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ok, once it gets out of the parking garage it's starting to look really good. This has some impressive production values.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Deadpool posted:

Well, nobody defines "clown" like Jamie Kennedy so I can't fault them for that casting.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The ending kind of threw me for a curve. Not sure if I like it or not. And the blonde girl is a terrible actress. But otherwise it was pretty good. I like both Aldis Hodge and the lead French actress quite a bit. I'll probably tune in for more if it makes it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The ending reminded me of an episode of X-Files - super creepy and awesome.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Y'all making me wanna get Prime...

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

zoux posted:

They're free to watch right now. Then you vote on what you like.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's a good time to buy Prime before they hike up the price soon.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Alright, I've made a quick and hasty Amazon Pilot thread since it's getting a lot of talk here. I'll fix up the OP when I have more time. In the mean time, move any conversation regarding those shows there!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3607414

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

It's a good time to buy Prime before they hike up the price soon.

How do you "buy" Prime, it's a yearly subscription so if they raise the price you'll be paying for it eventually.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

raditts posted:

How do you "buy" Prime, it's a yearly subscription so if they raise the price you'll be paying for it eventually.

If it's $40 now and $80 in a month, it's cheaper to buy it now. You don't have to keep paying the subscription cost when it runs out.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GreenNight posted:

They're free to watch right now. Then you vote on what you like.

Yeah but they also got Justified and Alpha House...

How's their iOS app?

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Unrelated to Amazon shows, but thanks to this thread, I started watching 24.

Honestly, about three quarters of the way through the first season, I was ready to give up. I was just incredibly, incredibly bored. None of this seemed to be the 24 I'd heard about. So I skipped to season 2.

Hooooooly poo poo. A man who's job is to prevent terrorism just up and shot a federal witness, cut his head off, and then just gave it to some dudes like "hey whatevs we're bros right here is a head".

As if that weren't enough, the President of the United States calls a woman on the phone and says "hey y'know what if you wanna go ahead and shoot that unarmed federal agent in the back i think we can accommodate that, you shoot the poo poo outta him girl desperate times right?"

It's incredible, and if by some chance you're just now crawling out the same rock I've been under for 10+ years, you need to give it a watch.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

raditts posted:

Because you're set for the next 12 months at the current price.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

zoux posted:

It's 2014 who doesn't have Prime?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Geekkake posted:

Honestly, about three quarters of the way through the first season, I was ready to give up. I was just incredibly, incredibly bored. None of this seemed to be the 24 I'd heard about. So I skipped to season 2.

Hooooooly poo poo. A man who's job is to prevent terrorism just up and shot a federal witness, cut his head off, and then just gave it to some dudes like "hey whatevs we're bros right here is a head".

As if that weren't enough, the President of the United States calls a woman on the phone and says "hey y'know what if you wanna go ahead and shoot that unarmed federal agent in the back i think we can accommodate that, you shoot the poo poo outta him girl desperate times right?"

It's incredible, and if by some chance you're just now crawling out the same rock I've been under for 10+ years, you need to give it a watch.
Yeah, the first season of 24 is much tamer than every season that came after it. Some people say it's better television. I loved most of 24 and season 1 is definitely near the top of my favorite seasons, but it is very different than all the rest.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The first 13 hours of 24 are very different from the rest of the series. Some people love what came after because of how crazy it gets (I'm one of those people) and some people feel like those 13 hours were the best of 24. It's all a matter of taste of course.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Geekkake posted:

I watched most of the first season when it was on originally and thought it was okay if a bit silly, then I lost track of it and by the time I remembered it existed everything indicated that the programme had turned into a vaguely fascist anti-islamic masturbatory fantasy, so I didn't bother.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I watched the first couple of seasons but got sick of all the bullshit with moles and double crosses. Saying that, I'll check out the new 24 when it lands.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Deadpool posted:

The first 13 hours of 24 are very different from the rest of the series. Some people love what came after because of how crazy it gets (I'm one of those people) and some people feel like those 13 hours were the best of 24. It's all a matter of taste of course.

That amnesia plot that went absolutely nowhere sure was some compelling television.

I guess the second half of season 1 was kind of entertaining, in that it was clear that they had written a 12-episode story and had no idea what to do to pad that out to twice the length.

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 7, 2014

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm sure I've watched 24 but literally all I can remember about it is Jack Bauer was a junkie at some point and kicked heroin in literally two hours or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There's a great scene in season 1 or 2 where Jack and George Mason (Xander Berkeley) are out investigating and they come to a fence. Jack Bauer goes all badass and hops over it while George just smirks, finds the entrance gate, and easily walks in. Fuckin' Jack that showoff.

• Locked thread