Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
As long as I get my large voyager-sized mtmte Cosmos, I'm A-OK with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

catch22 posted:

no PMs, could you email me at jlcatch22 at gmail dot com?

Email sent!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Looks we got us a G1 homage.

Optimus in a new/old body? Or could that be Magnus? The face does look a bit different.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
"Evasion mode Optimus prime", I suspect. The design'll probably appear for a couple of minutes at the beginning of the film to be upgraded to the shiny new one.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

So Botcon Cannonball is TFP Ratchet with a new head. Anybody got a photo so we can see how they managed to gently caress this one up?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Optimist Prime posted:

So Botcon Cannonball is TFP Ratchet with a new head. Anybody got a photo so we can see how they managed to gently caress this one up?

...could you take that to the bss thread, that has nothing to do with the bay movies.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rita Repulsa posted:

...could you take that to the bss thread, that has nothing to do with the bay movies.

... what thread do you think we're in, Rita?

EDIT: That reminds me, the BotCon twitter (urrrgh) "cutely" implied that the Pirates VS. Knights theme is a "subtle" attack on third-party toymakers. So yeah. Way to be obnoxious and awful as usual, FunPub. Link: https://twitter.com/BotCon/status/428655660473925632

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 7, 2014

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

DoctorWhat posted:

:doh: I thought i was in terry's cinema discusso thread hurf durf durrr

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I mean the figure looks decent, but goddamn look at the poo poo quality of this promo image. Was this done in MSpaint? Don't they have a designer? I'm not asking for much, but you can do something 100 times better than this spending a couple minutes in photoshop.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Blackheart posted:

I mean the figure looks decent, but goddamn look at the poo poo quality of this promo image. Was this done in MSpaint? Don't they have a designer? I'm not asking for much, but you can do something 100 times better than this spending a couple minutes in photoshop.

Read the tweet I linked above. FunPub is a loving joke.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Blackheart posted:

The picture sucks but I really like Cannonball so that's pretty sweet. Not $50 sweet or whatever, but still. If he's supposed to represent a pirate, though, it's a shame they couldn't mold him a cool hook weapon, since you can fold the hands in on that model and give it swordarms. A hook hand would have made it that much better.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
There are atleast 3 figures in the Prime line that would have been a better cannonball. Also, "congrats" to them for using a mold that can actually do Cannonball's "I have no hand, there's a weapon there instead" gimmick, but choosing to use an image of him holding the weapons in each hand instead.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

There are atleast 3 figures in the Prime line that would have been a better cannonball.

FE Bulkhead, Kup/Ironhide, and...?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Said Cannonball actually doesn't look bad at all. For $20-30 I would buy that guy.

(Not for $60, though.)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Optimist Prime posted:

Silas Breakdown! (broken eye can be painted over to simulate an "eyepatch".)

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Blackheart posted:

Silas Breakdown! (broken eye can be painted over to simulate an "eyepatch".)

We'll never see that mold. :saddowns:

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

We'll never see that mold. :saddowns:

Yeah, I wasn't even considering that one. Really, Prime Ratchet seems like the closest modern counterpart of Cybertron Red Alert, who Cannonball was repainted from. Compared to >80% of Botcon character/mold pairings, these two are practically soul mates.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Optimist Prime posted:

Bulkhead, Bulkhead, Breakdown.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well funpub used (dirgegun?) for Thrustinator, so they can use Takara only molds when they feel like it.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Even though I have a Waspinator on its way from The Rage, I went ahead and opened the one I got from Amazon today. I needed a pick me up after being in a car accident yesterday caused by an elderly person who shouldn't be driving, and even though I'm at no fault it's still costing me a ton of money :sigh: [e/n derail]

Waspinator is an awesome figure. I was worried when transforming him that his alt mode would be a floppy mess, but everything tabs together really well and the only bad thing I can say about it is that his hands show. The wing flapping gimmick is the rarest of gimmicks--the kind that is actually fun and doesn't interfere in any way. Just a great figure all around, and really makes me want to watch Beast Wars. I'll prob sell or trade my extra to someone in the thread that needs one.

Keldroc posted:

Looks we got us a G1 homage.

Optimus in a new/old body? Or could that be Magnus? The face does look a bit different.

A COE Movie Prime would be really cool if true. It's a shame though that if it gets a toy it will be simplified like the rest of the line.

Chu Chu
Jun 15, 2010
I went out to get groceries before we get snowed in anymore and, well...I couldn't just leave him out in the cold!!

Thanks for the tip off about Fred Meyer. Whenever I try Target/Walmart I only find construct bots and everything else is cleaned out except Springers on Springers.

I really just wanted to get Swerve when he comes out, but you know, to be able to say that I have Skids and Swerve does sound a lot cooler.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

EDIT: That reminds me, the BotCon twitter (urrrgh) "cutely" implied that the Pirates VS. Knights theme is a "subtle" attack on third-party toymakers. So yeah. Way to be obnoxious and awful as usual, FunPub. Link: https://twitter.com/BotCon/status/428655660473925632

Well, that makes passing on them that much easier. At least none of the third parties have ever handed my credit card info to thieves.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My Target just has Constructbots and tons of Beast Hunters stuff and like one hook with some Legends Generations stuff (Megatron and Starscream) I'm not at all interested in. :(

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Endless Mike posted:

My Target just has Constructbots and tons of Beast Hunters stuff and like one hook with some Legends Generations stuff (Megatron and Starscream) I'm not at all interested in. :(

I've got that, plus dozens of leader Predakings and Optimuses! I did a return and rebuy for Predaking at $12.48, how low can it go?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

I've got that, plus dozens of leader Predakings and Optimuses! I did a return and rebuy for Predaking at $12.48, how low can it go?

At these prices the scalpers are going to snatch them all up pretty quickly. Hell I was tempted to go pick up 3 more today.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

You fuckers, that figure is as low as it will go over here and it's the equivalent of 50 dollars for you.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

At these prices the scalpers are going to snatch them all up pretty quickly. Hell I was tempted to go pick up 3 more today.

I don't think I'll ever be able to scalp this guy

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

I don't think I'll ever be able to scalp this guy

If you can snag it for $13 and the supply runs out I don't think you'd have too much trouble getting $25-30 out of it in a year.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Chu Chu posted:

I went out to get groceries before we get snowed in anymore and, well...I couldn't just leave him out in the cold!!

Thanks for the tip off about Fred Meyer. Whenever I try Target/Walmart I only find construct bots and everything else is cleaned out except Springers on Springers.

I really just wanted to get Swerve when he comes out, but you know, to be able to say that I have Skids and Swerve does sound a lot cooler.

Glad to help!

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Went and picked up Ultimate Predaking from Target. At under $20 bucks I felt like it was worth it. Having now opened it up I would have really, really been disappointed if I paid full price for this thing. Geez. For what I got it for it's cool though.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, I like it a lot. Dragon mode (or at least the back part) is a bit brickish but overall it looks good (you can use friction to keep the head pointing forward instead of arced back). Robot mode is by far the best of the two however. I have every predacon mold (even some repaints) and I enjoy them all.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
The robot mode is great looking, but I feel like it has the simplest transformation and the laziest, least convincing dragon mode of every Predaking mold.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So for Christmas The Doctor sent me War for Cybertron for the 360 as part of my secret Santa gift. Finally had some time to sit down and play it today, and it turns out that while the case may say "War for Cybertron" the disk inside is Fall of Cybertron. I think some poor Gamestop employee got fired over this lol.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Honestly you got the better game out of the lot.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

LightsGameraAction posted:

Went and picked up Ultimate Predaking from Target. At under $20 bucks I felt like it was worth it. Having now opened it up I would have really, really been disappointed if I paid full price for this thing. Geez. For what I got it for it's cool though.

Also be careful about moving his arms if his wings aren't folded back away from his body. The spikes on the elbows can scrape the orange paint on the wings right off, as I learned firsthand. Pretty awful figure, especially at full price, which I was dumb enough to pay. $15-20 is about right.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I went to both the Krogers near my house and didn't find a single transformer.

I guess I'll drown my sorrows in discounted jerky.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keldroc posted:

Also be careful about moving his arms if his wings aren't folded back away from his body. The spikes on the elbows can scrape the orange paint on the wings right off, as I learned firsthand. Pretty awful figure, especially at full price, which I was dumb enough to pay. $15-20 is about right.

If you're going to be brave and admit you bought one at full price I will too. I only bought the second one at $13.98 so at least the AVERAGE price I paid for Predaking wasn't too terrible. :(

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Ka0 posted:

Honestly you got the better game out of the lot.

100% agree. I played both for PC and liked them, but Fall knocked it out of the park.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There should really be a game where you play as the current comic book characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The MSJ posted:

There should really be a game where you play as the current comic book characters.

There is, it exists on the IOS and is not fun to play.