Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Shaezerus posted:

Vil posted:

. . . so long as you're clear in each dungeon about "hey, I'm new, any mechanics I should be aware of", I highly highly doubt you'll get any grief.

No that's basically a vote-kickable offense to the majority of the playerbase because they are horrifying crybabies who, despite being wholly unable to do so themselves, want that Haukke Manor speedrun. If you think some "GTFO"-ing on part of people bitching about your subjob in 11 is bad, you would not believe the impotent rage bandied about when somebody has the sheer audacity to watch the story cutscenes in Castrum Meridianum or Praetorium.

Also on the topic of 11 and the support Job rage, getting a subjob to 50 takes less than a week, and the only part you actually have to pay attention and get equipment for is Levels 1-30.

While I appreciate the ellipsis for brevity, you kinda edited out a very important and relevant part of that sentence. Boldfaced for emphasis.

Vil actually posted:

Outside of the occasional run-in with an rear end in a top hat (which is unavoidable in any social circumstance, online or otherwise), so long as you're clear in each dungeon about "hey, I'm new, any mechanics I should be aware of", I highly highly doubt you'll get any grief.

We seem to disagree on whether this is occasional or majority behavior, but I think we can agree that it depends on the person throwing the poo poo-fit being an rear end in a top hat (and you having the misfortune to get randomly grouped with them), rather than the actual heads-up being an issue.

My experience has been a lot different too. I've only very rarely seen rage about someone saying they don't know what to do and asking for tips or instructions. I've much more often seen rage about someone obviously-in-hindsight not knowing what to do, not saying anything about it in advance, and (especially) not following instructions even after that becomes apparent. It's generally the last of those that really prompts the rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Phantasium posted:

The issue is that that's boring as poo poo and not entertaining. Imagine playing any other game where you already knew how everything worked the first time around and could only realistically play in that one style or else the game would scorn you. What the gently caress is the point in having the variety, then?

I mean, you could play FFXIII with bad paradigms and it would be boring and take forever but it's not like the game would reset the encounter and force you to play the "correct" way and insult you when it does it.

Look, I think getting on people's nuts for being sub-optimal is generally a pretty big waste of time these days. Unless you are doing super cutting edge content, the chances of failure in a modern mmo are so low that naked dungeon runs haven't been a problem in the last few mmo's that I've played.

But it wasn't in FF11 back in the day. When you had to spend literally hours sitting around waiting to be invited to/putting together a party, the absolute last thing that you have patience for in a game where travel is expensive, time-consuming, and there is a very serious death penalty, is giving people the benefit of the doubt.

FF11 will always be the worst FF.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Vil posted:

While I appreciate the ellipsis for brevity, you kinda edited out a very important and relevant part of that sentence.

Yeah, it's important context, I'll admit, but there are so many FF14 players I've seen who are the angriest, most votekick-happy motherfuckers and it's regular occurrence to my experience by now, while people in 11 just kinda go "Eh, whatever." In 14 if you, for any reason, stand still for more than 40 seconds, you're AFK and need to be kicked; if you're wearing any noticeable Darklight armor in Crystal Tower (which in reality is rather overgeared for Crystal Tower, by the way), you're holding everyone back by being so gimp and need to be kicked; any mistake that results in the healer breaking focus on tank means you're not paying attention to battle mechanics and need to be kicked after the next impending wipe; however if it's your fault that a dungeon wiped then you just blame everyone else or call the boss utterly hopeless and attempt to vote-abandon so you don't eat the 30-minute cooldown of ditching instance.

I seriously have never seen so much bitching about anything in 11, but if you dare tank the dragon in the center in Crystal Tower, watch the gently caress out because everyone is going to lose their mind and call you the dumbest rear end in a top hat that ever lived before trying to eject you. I've gotten vote-kicked simply for joining an in-progress dungeon a couple times.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

... Yeah, my data center's way chiller than that. Every now and then, if some player is egregiously bad (like a KB tank who tanks the giant on top of the comets to the point where there are no comets left for meteor) then the alliance will give them crap in alliance chat. But usually it's just a matter of keeping quiet, and maybe a snarky comment or two after a wipe or a particularly bad-at-mechanics boss fight.

I guess your data center's just got a larger proportion of vocal assholes? :shrug:

In contrast, my FF11 server had a message board with a dedicated flameboard for people's squabbles.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Epi Lepi posted:

MMOs are not and never have been fun. They are addictive time sinks that string you along with the dopamine releases you may get from leveling up or completing a quest.

I really wish I could've figured this out years earlier, I could've saved myself so much time and money.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Vil posted:

... Yeah, my data center's way chiller than that.

Yeah, the data centre Excalibur is on sounds like a raging hellhole from all of your descriptions and those from the MMO HMO thread. Aether is by no means free of trolling or shitlords, but my general experience has been that outside of stuff like EX Primals, people are fairly friendly if you don't know the content. If you're rocking up to Coil or Primals without knowing what they do then people will be kind of annoyed you didn't take the time to read a guide but usually the raging starts after a few wipes, not before the dungeon or fight even begins.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 6, 2014

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I'm also on Aether, and I'd agree with your description. I'm guessing Primal (Excalibur's data center) is a lot angrier in general.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Phantasium posted:

You mean the hockey stick that's normally in the softball game? Because that's not really comparable. It's not like they're trying to create parties with hackers or something.

It's more like using an outfielder's glove as a catcher or vice versa. Could it work? Yeah sure to some extent. Is it the best choice? No. Could it go poorly for everyone involved? Yes. It's still not the end of the world though.

I like doing this in games like Lotro though. Our tank is a guardian with a 2hander and both our captain and minstrel are damage specced? Yeah sure lets see if that boss dies to a combination of axe swings, yelling, and bagpipes with the occasional heal. :banjo::black101:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
My favorite parts of 14 are when the tank quits the dungeon because of a couple wipes (or even just one wipe from my experience today). Though I did once successfully use Topaz Carbunkle to tank a boss after going through a couple tanks and healers, so that was awesome.

I'm on Excalibur, and I've had my mix of assholes and really helpful people in dungeons who explain things to first-timers like myself. Of course, the helpful ones help me improve by telling me what I should be doing during each boss fight (even though I've been sucking hard regardless in the last couple instances I've done) while the assholes just rage quit and potentially screw the rest of us over.

I still don't know if I'm really into the game, since I'm not a social guy even online and after 1.5 months of playing my main class is still only L45 while I already have two crafting classes at L50. It's fun, but I kinda dread doing dungeons sometimes just because they can be a chore depending on who you end up with.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mega64 posted:

my main class is still only L45 while I already have two crafting classes at L50

Don't worry, this is how the game is supposed to be played.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Yeah, one thing I'll give FF14 is it has the best crafting of any MMO I've played. I liked how they gave each crafting class unique abilities, and made it actually like a game rather than just typing a quantity and alt-tabbing while a progress bar fills.

Usually the idea of failing at crafting and losing the materials fills me with horror, but they did it well here by making it pretty much impossible to fail at just making the item, it's making a high quality item that's harder. And you do it by making good use of your crafting abilities and managing your resources properly, so if you fail it's more because you messed up or pushed your luck too much, rather than just getting screwed by the RNG.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
30 minute dev diary on LR creative process or something came out. Some of the stuff is just obvious fluff but there's also some not terrible parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq0vtCOBwCM

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Kalenn Istarion posted:

30 minute dev diary on LR creative process or something came out. Some of the stuff is just obvious fluff but there's also some not terrible parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq0vtCOBwCM

I watched part of that the other day, but it's pretty embarrassing.

[17:57] "Our highest priority has been to make Lightning more beautiful and cooler looking than ever before.
We've created types of outfits that she's never worn before. Get ready to see some new sides to her."
(What, like her "dressed like a maid" side and her "dressed like a pirate" side? That's deep characterization there!)

[19:23] "Our main goal is for fans to find Lightning as cool as we do."

Wow, your top priorities are all in the wrong places, guys.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That first quote is pretty dumb, but when a game is entirely focused on one character to the point of their name being the first word in the title, I think wanting to make that character interesting and likable and 'cool' is a pretty alright goal.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
They've been pretty unreserved about marketing it as Lightning fanservice from day one so makes a lot of sense to me that they've spent a lot of time there. I do get this weird semi-creepy vibe from a couple of the people, but I'm passing it off as a difference in mannerisms until someone who knows better says otherwise.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Alternate costumes really need to start coming back into fashion in games, especially after Uncharted let you use pretty much any character model in the game, including an obese version of the main character with a pitch-shifted voice to match. Unfortunately, Toriyama can't help cramming in all his fetishes like he did in The Third Birthday.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The nicest thing I can say about the outfits in LR is that there is a fairly hefty collection of non-terrible outfits to use so you can at least largely avoid them if you're just trying to finish the game. I did everything including the optional superbosses without Lightning's T&A being on display.

That worst thing I can say is that the Amazoness outfit exists and is a thing of shame and horror.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Endorph posted:

That first quote is pretty dumb, but when a game is entirely focused on one character to the point of their name being the first word in the title, I think wanting to make that character interesting and likable and 'cool' is a pretty alright goal.

Yes, and I can see wanting your audience to like the main character. But I think little things like "engaging gameplay" or "an immersive and fully-realized world" or "a plot that makes some loving sense" might be better candidates for your TOP PRIORITY than "you're sooo cool, Lightning-chan! We must make the world see how cool you are!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

Yes, and I can see wanting your audience to like the main character. But I think little things like "engaging gameplay" or "an immersive and fully-realized world" or "a plot that makes some loving sense" might be better candidates for your TOP PRIORITY than "you're sooo cool, Lightning-chan! We must make the world see how cool you are!"

Man, our video game market would be a way different place if that was true. Selling characters over plot has been a thing for a long time now. Not even just Japan although it's pretty strong there.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

ImpAtom posted:

I did everything including the optional superbosses without Lightning's T&A being on display.

How do the game's superbosses compare to, say, the coliseum DLC from XIII-2? Basically, I want more stuff like Omega, Ultros and Gilgamesh.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Schwartzcough posted:

You say this as if the plot of the 13 series was going to be at all redeemable. I'm with you on the engaging gameplay, though, and I remain cautiously optimistic on that based on the demo and on the things ImpAtom has said.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Krad posted:

How do the game's superbosses compare to, say, the coliseum DLC from XIII-2? Basically, I want more stuff like Omega, Ultros and Gilgamesh.

They're pretty luckluster to be honest although I didn't take them on in hard mode. They're relatively tough and have a bunch of gimmicks but I beat both in two tries. One to figure out their gimmick and one with a proper Schema setup. I finished all the coliseum stuff in one or two goes though so YMMV. I also used the broke-as-hell defensive Schema I figured out and it might be a bit more challenging if you avoid that.

The Last Ones are iffier because I really suspect it depends on how and when you fight them since enemies scale up in power as the game progresses but so does Lightning. By the time I was fighting them the lower-ranking Last Ones were something I could oneshot but the higher-ranking ones could hit pretty hard. None of them particularly stood out but if I'd faced them in a different situation they might have.

One thing I should mention is that fights in LR can turn around really really quickly. You can be dominating an opponent but screw up and they'll pretty gladly wreck you in return. So when I say YMMV, I mean it. I fully expect to see a lot of people cursing Caius if they take him on at the wrong time.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 7, 2014

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Shaezerus posted:

No that's basically a vote-kickable offense to the majority of the playerbase because they are horrifying crybabies who, despite being wholly unable to do so themselves, want that Haukke Manor speedrun. If you think some "GTFO"-ing on part of people bitching about your subjob in 11 is bad, you would not believe the impotent rage bandied about when somebody has the sheer audacity to watch the story cutscenes in Castrum Meridianum or Praetorium.

I'm going to disagree with you here knowing full well that this is anecdoes vs. anecdotes. I am not sure what server you were on, but in the last couple of weeks I've been playing, I've had exactly one person get upset about people watching cutscenes, and they themselves left the party, they didn't try to votekick those watching the cutscenes (which included me).

I have also never had a poor reaction to "hey, this is my first time in here, anything I should look out for? :)". Even if you somehow do, roll on Excalibur with the goon guilds. I've never seen a more ready to jump up and help their own group of players before.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm going to disagree with you here knowing full well that this is anecdoes vs. anecdotes. I am not sure what server you were on, but in the last couple of weeks I've been playing, I've had exactly one person get upset about people watching cutscenes, and they themselves left the party, they didn't try to votekick those watching the cutscenes (which included me).

I have also never had a poor reaction to "hey, this is my first time in here, anything I should look out for? :)". Even if you somehow do, roll on Excalibur with the goon guilds. I've never seen a more ready to jump up and help their own group of players before.

We take care of business! :hfive:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Levantine posted:

We take care of business! :hfive:

And you let me come into Crystal Tower (and fanboy like you wouldn't even know) in AF and darklight and my GC book. :glomp:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So are there a lot of people here picking up Bravely Default on the US release, and does the friend code/link stuff work between regions, like a person in the EU can work properly with characters from the US/Asia for however the hell those links work?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Haven't been doing a good job with keeping up with the thread, but I want to thank you, ImpAtom, for your LR impressions. You mentioned that you completed all of the side stuff, but I was wondering how hard it was to complete it all. Basically, I want to know if the guide would be worth getting. I'm a sucker for nice guides (I actually really liked the XIII guide), but I have a feeling it's not really worth it.

I am glad to hear that there is some weird intentional/unintentional humor. XIII-2 had some really goofy scenes (Serah's "joke" responses, sentai flan squad, etc), and I really enjoyed that kind of stuff. I also enjoyed some of the dark bits of story in XIII-2 (which was mostly in the sidequests which I assume Toriyama wasn't directly involved with), and I hope there's some of that as well.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Feb 7, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

Haven't been doing a good job with keeping up with the thread, but I want to thank you, ImpAtom, for your LR impressions. You mentioned that you completed all of the side stuff, but I was wondering how hard it was to complete it all. Basically, I want to know if the guide would be worth getting. I'm a sucker for nice guides (I actually really liked the XIII guide), but I have a feeling it's not really worth it.

I guess it depends on how much wandering you want to do.

The actual quests are not hard to complete. They're usually either Kill A Monster, Collect Monster Parts, Go To A Place At A Time, or Find An Item. Other than finding the proper item, most of them are fairly straightforward, and in the case of finding an item I often found the items well in advance of actually finishing the quest. There are multi-part quests that involve doing more than one thing or coming back on multiple days and such but nothing that is hugely complex.

Figuring out when and how to trigger quests can be a little iffy as they are fairly time-dependent. You need to be in the right area at the right time to encounter the quest. Anyone with a quest is clearly marked when you see them so it's mostly just a case of being in the right place at the right time. The right time is usually a fairly long period of time which usually roughly corresponds to Morning, Mid-Day, or Night. However I got around this mostly by wandering around towns looking for sidequests. If I didn't find any I went to a different town and came back later.

The only gimmick 'gotcha' I was able to find was the Dark Knight robe thing I mentioned earlier and that is really obviously hinted at. (You have to literally go through a "are you sure you want to do this? It can't be taken back" text prompt.) Anything else you should be able to find and deal with on your own.

As far as the time limit goes? It's a complete nonentity. I had insane amounts of spare time. You'll lose some if you die in battle but there's so much excess time that you'd really have to go overboard to be at any real risk of running out. I had all the main story quests finished by Day 4 or 5 and pretty much all the sidequests aside from one or two done before Day 10. (There is one quest that involves killing every single Last One which involves either grinding out every single Last One or unlocking the game's bonus dungeon which can only be accessed on the very last day.)

I would say it probably isn't worth it but if you've got less tolerance than I do for wandering around looking for sidequests it might be worthwhile.

PunkBoy posted:

I am glad to hear that there is some weird intentional/unintentional humor. XIII-2 had some really goofy scenes (Serah's "joke" responses, sentai flan squad, etc), and I really enjoyed that kind of stuff. I also enjoyed some of the dark bits of story in XIII-2 (which was mostly in the sidequests which I assume Toriyama wasn't directly involved with), and I hope there's some of that as well.

There's a lot of humor, intentional and unintentional. Some of it is just Hope and Lightning's banter and other is characters being silly or ridiculous and some of it is just the game taking itself immensely seriously while you're talking to a guy wearing neon-blue sunglasses talking about the tragedy of his wife's demise.

There's a fair bit of darkness. The game has a lot of sidequests that go into the desperation of people who have lived 500 years of constant terror and who are fully aware the world is ending in a matter of days. How well these work for you is up for debate but it doesn't shy away from the fact it's pretty lovely.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Feb 7, 2014

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

PunkBoy posted:

I can't speak to if you'll really need it for the game, but what I can say is that the Piggyback guides for 13 and 13-2 were very well put together and amazingly detailed, more so than any other publisher's guides besides maybe the old Doublejump guides for various NIS America games. Edit: Oh yeah, you can download a sample of the guide from the game's page on Amazon if you want some help deciding that won't spoil anything about the game's progression or plot.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Feb 7, 2014

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Does the Western version of the guide come with a DLC code for Aeris/th's outfit like the Japanese version? I'll pick it up at some point (the ltd ed guides are really pretty) but I want to know if I should be getting it ASAP or just waiting til someone sells it off for cheap on Amazon as usual.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

The nicest thing I can say about the outfits in LR is that there is a fairly hefty collection of non-terrible outfits to use so you can at least largely avoid them if you're just trying to finish the game. I did everything including the optional superbosses without Lightning's T&A being on display.

That worst thing I can say is that the Amazoness outfit exists and is a thing of shame and horror.

All I can imagine is Lightning with the anatomy of the Amazoness from Dragon's Crown, and that definitely does sound horrifying.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

You say this as if the plot of the 13 series was going to be at all redeemable. I'm with you on the engaging gameplay, though, and I remain cautiously optimistic on that based on the demo and on the things ImpAtom has said.

Each game has pretty much thrown the previous plot out the window, so they could have easily salvaged XIII-2 just by having the characters living on Gran Pulse, then a Fal'Cie attempt to kill them again, and basically just have XIII again but with your full party available to you, an open world, and better writing since it's not being fitted around already-finished FMV sequences. Make the combat like Lightning Returns but with two AI partners.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Does the Western version of the guide come with a DLC code for Aeris/th's outfit like the Japanese version? I'll pick it up at some point (the ltd ed guides are really pretty) but I want to know if I should be getting it ASAP or just waiting til someone sells it off for cheap on Amazon as usual.

I don't think so. Right now the Aeris outfit seems exclusive to the collectors edition of Lightning Returns. Give it a few months and it will probably be released on the PSN/XBL store. CE is $89.99 and can only be gotten through the Digital River/SE store. That's assuming you live in North America. If not, I have no idea how you get the costume.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Feb 7, 2014

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

DarkstarIV posted:

I don't think so. Right now the Aeris outfit seems exclusive to the collectors edition of Lightning Returns. Give it a few months and it will probably be released on the PSN/XBL store. CE is $89.99 and can only be gotten through the Digital River/SE store. That's assuming you live in North America. If not, I have no idea how you get the costume.

No good to me, I'm in the UK. As far as I'm aware, the only real special edition of any note is if you preorder the game from, well, Game, which gives you a Steelbook edition with a code for the Cloud outfit. Preordering from Amazon just gets you some Samurai outfits that no one really cares about.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If Final Fantasy Dimensions was Final Fantasy V 2, then Bravely Default is Final Fantasy V Solid.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

DarkstarIV posted:

It really bums me out that this is only available through their online store, by the way. I had an awful experience with Digital River via Namco's online store regarding Ni no Kuni, and as much as I want unnecessary bonus poo poo like that artbook and a watch I'll never use, I just can't bring myself to give those folks more money.

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'

Bongo Bill posted:

If Final Fantasy Dimensions was Final Fantasy V 2, then Bravely Default is Final Fantasy V Solid.

By that definition the story is going to get hella complicated by Bravely Default IV: Blades of the Patriots

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

ImpAtom posted:

Good Stuff

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

More Good Stuff

Thanks! I'll definitely check it out. I may not need it, but then again, I still haven't finished all the side stuff in XIII-2.

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

I'll show them... I'll show ALL of them...
So a little over a month ago I posted to tell you guys I was just entering Babel Tower in Xenogears. I got a good ten responses telling me how much I was going to hate it.

Well it's 6 weeks later, and I only just finished it. It was just as bad as everyone made it out to be. I am excited to be done, since as I understand it's all downhill from here!

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

As far as the time limit goes? It's a complete nonentity. I had insane amounts of spare time.

I hope this is the case, but I'm apparently an Extremely Slow Player. I routinely take over 50 hours to beat FFVI, which I've completed 10+ times already. Of course, I think I waste most of my times in menus or in battle, where time apparently doesn't flow in LR, so maybe I'll be OK.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

No good to me, I'm in the UK. As far as I'm aware, the only real special edition of any note is if you preorder the game from, well, Game, which gives you a Steelbook edition with a code for the Cloud outfit. Preordering from Amazon just gets you some Samurai outfits that no one really cares about.

That's weird. In the US, you get the Cloud outfit from preordering anywhere. Preordering from Gamestop also gets you samurai outfits, while preordering from Amazon seems to get you the Yuna outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Schwartzcough posted:

while preordering from Amazon seems to get you the Yuna outfit.

Yeah the X-2 Yuna outfit is from Amazon. Buying FFX HD gets you the FFX outfit (PS3 version only.)