Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Hold still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Yeah, let's not vote by month;remember, Elodie's coronation is(hopefully) in a year.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Sorry for not updating. I just barely got home. The vote time for the next update will be extended to 6 PM to make up for this.

Taran_Wanderer posted:

I suggest playing forward a bit, and if an event comes up requiring a choice, call a vote for it along with that week's training/weekend activity.

But without context, it would be meaningless. "What should we do if we come across a situation where someone tells us to not look down?"

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 7, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

The stats are in!

Choice

Hold Still: 11

Look Down: 5

Weekend Activity

Visit Dungeons: 3

Visit Tomb: 1

Play With Toys: 1

Talk to Your Father: 1

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Maybe pick the choice that best reflects Elodie's current mood (if you're afraid or yielding, pick the "timid" choice or whatnot) unless the choice is important?

Though I guess the mere act of flagging certain choices as "important" rather than others could telegraph things even on its own.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

The thread chose to not do something stupid hold still.

Oh, so that's the reason I allowed that penalized skill to be studied.

There. It's dead.

You look down at your feet and see a snake in the grass!

Eeeeeek!

What is going on out here?

Mummy, there was a snake!

The Duchess of Ursul protected us.

Milk vipers are not native to this area. That snake should never have been here.

This is unacceptable. I can't have my daughter remaining in such a dangerous place! We are returning home to Merva at once.

Awww....

The thread voted to visit the dungeons, presumably to manipulate Elodie's mood

Our mood has changed. Elodie is now Depressed again, like at the beginning. Only this time she is on the verge of being willful

It's that time again. What classes should Elodie take? Also, note that from this point on I may not offer some of the completely inconsequential choices to the thread so we can get through each week in one or two updates. I'll choose the weekend activities myself to match Elodie's mood bonuses with what skills the thread seems to be going for.

Voting is closed

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 8, 2014

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Well with our focus on dogs I believe we should try flying dogs (falcons) in the morning and riding dogs (horses) for the afternoon

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Let's spend the morning in Intrigue and the afternoon doing something sensible like Economics.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I am so put out by our failure to get killed by the snake that I see no option but to study Falconry and Dogs.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Meander posted:

Let's spend the morning in Intrigue and the afternoon doing something sensible like Economics.
I am down with this plan.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

With our near death experience with a deadly viper, we need to study Reflexes. It's also time we learned about the world around us, so Foreign Affairs.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
We will not become a jack of all trades kind of princess dammit. We will spend the morning dealing with mangy, flea-ridden, slobbery beasts (Courtly Manners). Afterwards we will spend the afternoon studying Dogs.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Military Strategy AM and I guess Dogs PM while we have the stat boost.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I will not rest until I've gotten my murderqueen.

Swords x 2 again

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I still say we need to focus on voice. Singing is an important skill. We totally could of charmed that snake if we knew the right song.

I guess we could befriend more dogs as well.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Accounting AM and Accounting PM!
In order to be the best princess ever, we have to learn numbers! They're important!

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I'm thinking of going Internal Affairs x 2. Intrigue's got a bit of popularity, and it'll be nice to know how many people we need to kill before they kill us.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
:regd09: x2

Eldataluta
May 31, 2012
One for Internal Affairs and one for Foreign Affairs

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

Abi gezunt dos leben ken men zikh ale mol nemen.
I would like to make note that the only way to succed this choice is to loving gun Composure since you start with a hefty penalty to studying it, you wont do so on your first run.

Not sure if it changed since I played, but I also remember distinctly failing this with relatively high composure. Though, by then I was a full six pack and only and 30 minutes in. :v:

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Meander posted:

I like these,so let's go Intrigue and Economics

Gygaxian
May 29, 2013
Reflexes and Foreign Affairs sound pretty good.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Trade and Battlefield Medicine.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

So what would have happened if we'd failed that check, or looked down?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'd imagine discussing alternate choices and their results would constitute spoilers unless the choice is truly inconsequential, but I don't know how MegaZero wants to handle that.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

Abi gezunt dos leben ken men zikh ale mol nemen.
It has an impact. So unless, we get the go ahead from MegaZero, it is verboten.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

That snake is a wake-up call for whoever started this game thinking it would be a walk in the park: you start out in a mood that actively penalizes working on your Composure, so you're not encouraged to train it.

markus_cz
May 10, 2009

I vote for Falcons and anything in Agility.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

MegaZeroX posted:

Milk vipers are not native to this area. That snake should never have been here.

This is unacceptable. I can't have my daughter remaining in such a dangerous place! We are returning home to Merva at once.

I know absolutely nothing about this game, but come on! She wears heavy makeup, has a dark hair even a red dress.

:black101: Milk vipers are not native to this area. That snake should never have been here.
:angel: This is unacceptable. I can't have my daughter remaining in such a dangerous place! We are returning home to Merva at once.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Fumbles posted:

So what would have happened if we'd failed that check, or looked down?

Charlotte would have gotten bitten and taken by Lucille. Elodie would have gotten more afraid, so her strongest emotion would still be afraid right now. During the next week Elodie's emotions would have changed, but to what would depend on her poison skill. There would also be things further down the line, but talking about those would be significant spoilers.

This early on, the game is holding your hand and Elodie is not allowed to die yet. But if something like that happens 10 weeks from now, Elodie will die.

TheWhaler
Nov 6, 2009
I bought this game in the Steam sales and utterly failed my first playthrough. I'm watching in anticipation to see where this thread sends the princess.

I'll join the bandwagon for Horses and Falcons.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Voice and Horses.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Foreign Affairs and Voice

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
Swords and dogs.

Because I like swords and dogs.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Valiantman posted:

I know absolutely nothing about this game, but come on! She wears heavy makeup, has a dark hair even a red dress.

:black101: Milk vipers are not native to this area. That snake should never have been here.
:angel: This is unacceptable. I can't have my daughter remaining in such a dangerous place! We are returning home to Merva at once.
I got the impression that she herself got the snake there, to have an excuse to return to Merva early.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Dogs and falcons. First the animal kingdom, then the real one!

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

MegaZeroX posted:

Charlotte would have gotten bitten and taken by Lucille. Elodie would have gotten more afraid, so her strongest emotion would still be afraid right now. During the next week Elodie's emotions would have changed, but to what would depend on her poison skill. There would also be things further down the line, but talking about those would be significant spoilers.

This early on, the game is holding your hand and Elodie is not allowed to die yet. But if something like that happens 10 weeks from now, Elodie will die.

Although without going too far into spoiler territory, the previous LP generated the most derptastic Elodie imaginable (seriously, she sucked at everything) and somehow managed to blunder its way along pretty far without dying.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

GodofDiscord posted:

Accounting AM and Accounting PM!
In order to be the best princess ever, we have to learn numbers! They're important!

This goon knows what's up! (voting the same)

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Elegance AM and Presence PM

Goon princess will be the prettiest and pinkest.

Also this game is awesome and was well worth the money I spent on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Guys, shouldn't we learn how not to be assassinated at some point?

Intrigue and Economics, I guess...

• Locked thread