Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

plasticbugs posted:

4MH4EWRWPYE7

Grabbed this one. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

63RNXF3PEWJF

Nabbed this one, thanks!

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

plasticbugs posted:

HFAL674WPERA

Took this one, thanks man!

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

plasticbugs posted:

XRXLKX4TKXAM
Thank yous! :dance:

plasticbugs
Dec 13, 2006

Special Batman and Robin

Urdnot Fire posted:

Thanks for this, will definitely make use of it and leave a good review!

Thanks! If/when these run out, I'll come back and post some more. I owe this thread a ton for helping to keep me on top of 3DS release dates and new trailers (the app has current trailers and the official site link for most games).

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

For those who don't know and/or don't want to read the Sonic thread (ie all of you): Sonic is getting a weird western redesign with a new cartoon, toys, new games with new developers, etc. The first game announced as part of this reboot (Sonic Boom) is getting a 3DS version developed by Sanzaru Games, the makers of the new Sly Cooper game and... not much else. Hmm.

Can you post some images of this? By "western redesign" I'm assuming you mean as in western-style art, not western as in wild west, and I can't really envision what the difference would be.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sonic Megathread

It's supposed to be more humorous, with a tie in cartoon with story lines like Sonic fires Tails and Robotnik sues Sonic

Dehry fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Feb 7, 2014

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

What are they, burn victims?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

A lot of dumb people on the Internet are freaking out about the new Sonic game so I'm going to be cautiously optimistic.

The bandages are dumb, though.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I think the artwork looks pretty good, actually. :shrug: The bandages are super dumb though.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
4669KPXEFEM7

Redeemed this one, thanks!

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
Thanks used FH4TLHFYYTNA

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If they keep giving us good music I'm not going to care that much about how Sonic looks.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 7, 2014

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

plasticbugs posted:

X3NTFJM93Y94

Nabbed, thanks!

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

Dehry posted:

Sonic Megathread

It's supposed to be more humorous, with a tie in cartoon with story lines like Sonic fires Tails and Robotnik sues Sonic

All I can see is that one SSBM hack where they put Pikachu's model on Ganondorf's animation skeleton.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Pureauthor posted:

keep giving us good music

What are your thoughts on dubstep?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0a7-1wdDuw

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They've had trailer music that didn't appear in the game before, so hopefully that's just a dumb decision for the trailer and the actual music will sound nothing like that. Game itself looks pretty bad though.

Motto fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 7, 2014

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

The bottom 4 that aren't currently blacked out have all been redeemed. I grabbed one of those (YWMF4KPYLYR9). Thanks.

plasticbugs
Dec 13, 2006

Special Batman and Robin

Asnorban posted:

The bottom 4 that aren't currently blacked out have all been redeemed. I grabbed one of those (YWMF4KPYLYR9). Thanks.

There's no way for me to check if a code has been redeemed, so thanks for letting me know! I'll update it.

plasticbugs fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 7, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dehry posted:

Sonic Megathread

So like Teen Titans Go, but with Sonic characters?
... I guess that could work.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I took this code. Thanks!

EJK3F7XL6H4L

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
So I set up homepass using a second router flashed with DD-WRT. It appears to be working; I can connect to the internet via that connection and I'm getting the nintendozone access. However I am getting no streetpasses. How do I access the web interface of the second router? I tried typing in the IP I gave it and that didn't work.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

vulturesrow posted:

So I set up homepass using a second router flashed with DD-WRT. It appears to be working; I can connect to the internet via that connection and I'm getting the nintendozone access. However I am getting no streetpasses. How do I access the web interface of the second router? I tried typing in the IP I gave it and that didn't work.

Did you turn off DHCP on the second router and put it into Access Point mode so it can slip into your existing network? If you've "lost" the router on the network and are not sure what IP address it currently holds, you can scan for it. If you are on Windows, use the Windows version of Angry IP Scanner, punch in a IP range and let it scan. If you're not on Windows, I assume you know what to do (nmap).

e: Oh right, you already have Internet access through that device so yeah, it's already on the existing network and using the first router as a default gateway. You'll just need to scan for it.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

plasticbugs posted:

RRPY4TM4YKKM
Grabbed this one. Thanks!

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Xik posted:

Did you turn off DHCP on the second router and put it into Access Point mode so it can slip into your existing network? If you've "lost" the router on the network and are not sure what IP address it currently holds, you can scan for it. If you are on Windows, use the Windows version of Angry IP Scanner, punch in a IP range and let it scan. If you're not on Windows, I assume you know what to do (nmap).

e: Oh right, you already have Internet access through that device so yeah, it's already on the existing network and using the first router as a default gateway. You'll just need to scan for it.

Thanks but Angry IP scanner isn't turning it up. I'm about 100% positive of the IP I gave it and trying that address doesn't work.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

vulturesrow posted:

Thanks but Angry IP scanner isn't turning it up. I'm about 100% positive of the IP I gave it and trying that address doesn't work.

Can you ping the address that you think you gave it? (open cmd type "ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"). If so, you can probably conclude that it's an issue with the web interface, if not and an IP scanner isn't picking it up either, then you must have made a mistake with what IP address you think you gave it.

You didn't give it an address that conflicts with another device on the network did you? Usually, if this is the case, it will work and then not work at random intervals.

If you can't find the device, then the easiest solution is to just reset it to default settings using the reset button on the device. Once that's done, physically plug it into a computer and access the web interface through the default address. You can then set it up correctly and inset into the network.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bravely Default is available for purchase now on eshop if you wanna risk not even being able to download it.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Bought it problem free a few minutes ago. Seems to be downloading fine.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Xik posted:

Can you ping the address that you think you gave it? (open cmd type "ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"). If so, you can probably conclude that it's an issue with the web interface, if not and an IP scanner isn't picking it up either, then you must have made a mistake with what IP address you think you gave it.

You didn't give it an address that conflicts with another device on the network did you? Usually, if this is the case, it will work and then not work at random intervals.

If you can't find the device, then the easiest solution is to just reset it to default settings using the reset button on the device. Once that's done, physically plug it into a computer and access the web interface through the default address. You can then set it up correctly and inset into the network.

Thanks for your help. Hooked it back up to my computer and redid all the settings. Brought it back to my living room and plugged it in; by the time I got back to my room I had 6 Street Passes.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

vulturesrow posted:

Thanks for your help. Hooked it back up to my computer and redid all the settings. Brought it back to my living room and plugged it in; by the time I got back to my room I had 6 Street Passes.

No problem. I considered setting one up myself since I have an access point capable of spoofing it's mac address. The only thing really stopping me is the fact my neighbours would all be happy to see an unsecured network and use all our bandwidth :v:

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

Xik posted:

No problem. I considered setting one up myself since I have an access point capable of spoofing it's mac address. The only thing really stopping me is the fact my neighbours would all be happy to see an unsecured network and use all our bandwidth :v:

To mitigate this, I had my AP only allow explicit access to a predefined list of IP addresses related to the 3DS. Also, my access point cycles every two minutes, which would annoy the utter poo poo out of anyone trying to use it.

Then again, my AP is a Raspberry Pi.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Casull posted:

To mitigate this, I had my AP only allow explicit access to a predefined list of IP addresses related to the 3DS. Also, my access point cycles every two minutes, which would annoy the utter poo poo out of anyone trying to use it.

Then again, my AP is a Raspberry Pi.

Also, I'm pretty sure somewhere in the GBATemp thread people have mentioned having success with securing the Homepass router.

e: Also check Ursine Asylum's posts, he gave me some good scripts to run that might help mitigate that issue.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I guess IP and Mac filtering -while not secure- would probably be enough to stop the people around here (I know all the neighbours). I should probably have a look into it a bit more and see what solutions other folks have come up with, thanks.

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
Bravely Default finished downloading. Looks like it worked.
Although the icon is Japanese which is kinda weird.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

Xik posted:

I guess IP and Mac filtering -while not secure- would probably be enough to stop the people around here (I know all the neighbours). I should probably have a look into it a bit more and see what solutions other folks have come up with, thanks.

I've mentioned it upthread, but on a DD-WRT router you only need the AP to be active for 2 minutes to get a streetpass. I have my router on all the time, it just shuts down the Wifi after 2 minutes when I poke it to deliver passes.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Ursine Asylum posted:

I've mentioned it upthread, but on a DD-WRT router you only need the AP to be active for 2 minutes to get a streetpass. I have my router on all the time, it just shuts down the Wifi after 2 minutes when I poke it to deliver passes.

I havent tried your scripts yet since I just got the AP working last night but is there any chance you might write in a way to pull the updated MACs from the Google spreadsheet, or is that even necessary? How about a built-in randomizer when it pulls from macs.list?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Two weeks ago, I convinced my wife that when our tax return came, I needed to get a 3DS XL. She said she was fine with it as long as I sold my regular 3DS after I transferred everything. Today, our return was deposited. I went to the local small video game store to see if they had any used XLs, but no luck. As I was walking out, I passed their case where they keep the new systems. They had two new XLs. One was the Mario & Luigi system, but I bought the other one.

I'm sitting here watching the pikmin carry all of my data.

This system is sexy.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Canned Panda posted:

Two weeks ago, I convinced my wife that when our tax return came, I needed to get a 3DS XL. She said she was fine with it as long as I sold my regular 3DS after I transferred everything. Today, our return was deposited. I went to the local small video game store to see if they had any used XLs, but no luck. As I was walking out, I passed their case where they keep the new systems. They had two new XLs. One was the Mario & Luigi system, but I bought the other one.

I'm sitting here watching the pikmin carry all of my data.

This system is sexy.

Nice find! Isn't it just? I loved my old blue DS, but it's like another poster in here is fond of saying, going back to the LL after using the XL feels like you're using a toy version of the real unit. It's just so much smaller. I like the sharpness of the smaller screen, but there's no way I could go back now.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How did you get a tax return today? When did you file?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

How much is Gamestop, et al, giving for a 3DS?

• Locked thread