Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K2kQBDU07Y

Thread music

also lmao at Grovergrad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

bathroom sounds posted:

Are the Sochi dogs a legit hazard or just a nuisance?

Because I'm the kind of rear end in a top hat that would go to Sochi and give them all food and pet them all day.

Ask yourself how untrained untamed often-feral dogs carrying disease roaming in packs and unafraid of humans would be.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
You know if they had taken 0.01% of all that olympic money they could have thrown together a program to feed, vaccinate and neuter as many of those dogs as they like. Hell you could have payed people salaries for a decade to just sit around and play with them full time.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

Spacedad posted:

Ask yourself how untrained untamed often-feral dogs carrying disease roaming in packs and unafraid of humans would be.

cute as all get out?

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

bathroom sounds posted:

Are the Sochi dogs a legit hazard or just a nuisance?

Because I'm the kind of rear end in a top hat that would go to Sochi and give them all food and pet them all day.

Considering they found their way onto the biathlon track yesterday, I can just imagine a situation where one bolts out from the shadows and onto the ski jump or something à la a dog chasing a car. Except instead of a car it's a person.

And the person freaks out and crashes off the dangerously too-fast and unsafe ski hills and dies.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

davebo posted:

You know if they had taken 0.01% of all that olympic money they could have thrown together a program to feed, vaccinate and neuter as many of those dogs as they like. Hell you could have payed people salaries for a decade to just sit around and play with them full time.

Don't be absurd. How would they have been able to build all those cinder-block and tarp-based Winchester mansion hotels if they spared any money for dealing with a longstanding unchecked stray dog problem.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Spacedad posted:

Is "afraid of humans like most animals" a valid guess?

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3607535 for the eventual rush of proud, non-gay images related to the games.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

I still find it hilarious how Russians blame everything that goes wrong ever on the US. Ukraine protests? America is funding it. Syria? America planned it. lovely tarp houses? Inferior western subcontractors. Russia can do no wrong, Russia is pure. All hail Vlad.

*my Mom's Russian and the mental gymnastics that she goes through [and her side of the family] are mind boggling, wtf mom. You've never even lived there*

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

bathroom sounds posted:

Is "afraid of humans like most animals" a valid guess?

Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmtxCi7riAI

When domestic animals go feral, they can in many cases be even more dangerous than wild animals because they often lack the natural fear of humans.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
dogs legit sad that there is no discus event in the winter olympics

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Spacedad posted:

Nope.

When domestic animals go feral, they can in many cases be even more dangerous than wild animals because they often lack the natural fear of humans.

oh my god that music at the end

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

(Not mine.)

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Again a lot of these dogs are obviously domesticated and fed to an extent. They've got to be from bulldozed houses :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Spacedad posted:

Nope.

I feel like the video title unfairly tainted my interpretation of the footage. How do I know it wasn't actually "RUSSIAN WOMAN GREETED BY HER FUZZY-WUZZY CHILDREN"????

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

awesome-express posted:

I still find it hilarious how Russians blame everything that goes wrong ever on the US. Ukraine protests? America is funding it. Syria? America planned it. lovely tarp houses? Inferior western subcontractors. Russia can do no wrong, Russia is pure. All hail Vlad.

*my Mom's Russian and the mental gymnastics that she goes through [and her side of the family] are mind boggling, wtf mom. You've never even lived there*
BBC admitted that Sochi was built by the British.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

no, the fisty stadium or whatever - the one nice shiny building we've seen thus far. that was build by the brits.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Pretty sure 50bil would guarantee a certain lack of painted mud and communal toilets.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

weakness posted:

no, the fisty stadium or whatever - the one nice shiny building we've seen thus far. that was build by the brits.
*is killed by his Russian captors for failing to defend Mother Russia*

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Got any extra firstborns?
Predictions for Sochi Opening Ceremony:

1) Putin swoops down in his custom crane-suit glider, steals the olympic torch for mother Russia and lights the coal-powered torch himself. Coupled with hilarious amounts of corruption, this consumes all of the budget for the opening ceremony. Odds: 4:1 against

2) Russian tanks roll out from inside of parade floats, annihilating all opponents of the state. KGB agents stationed in the crowd open fire upon other countries' delegations with Kalashnikovs. Russia claims victory and awards all medals to Vladimir Putin. Odds 6:1 against

3) Putin says he was just kidding about the whole "I hate gays" thing, marries Dmitry Medvedev in an elaborate ceremony culminating with a passionate kiss in front of a rainbow colored olympic logo. Odds 40:1 against

4) Leading Orthodox priest joins Pat Robertson in explaining the mechanism behind the gays' "AIDS rings" that are used to cut open unsuspecting heteros and infect them with homosexuality. Odds 3:1 against

5) Corrupt oligarchs bathe in caviar and gold in the middle of the stadium for 2 hours while taking turns reciting their bank account balances and the amount of money they managed to siphon away from olympic preparations. Odds 4:1 in favor

6) Trained bears take to the field and begin performing tricks, but in the absence of the harsh beatings they were accustomed to being trained with they turn on their masters in a bloody fury. Hidden snipers execute the bears before anyone important is harmed (read: many journalists are killed). Snipers also "accidentally" kill the entire Chinese gymnastics team in the mayhem that ensues. Odds 9:1 against

Let me know if I missed anything

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Momplestiltskin posted:

Let me know if I missed anything

The opening ceremony, apparently.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

You're a few hours late for the opening ceremony.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Those toilet warning signs made it into our local newspaper heh

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Putin outlaws gay russians as they are better at theater than the creator of the opening ceremony.

Dec 26, 2012

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Please shame anyone who speaks ill of Putin, Russia, Sochi, Russian engineering, Russian Architecture, Sochi Hospitality, the opening ceremony music, Putin, the Olympic rings, Russian landscaping, Putin, tarps, Putin tarps, PUtin, Putn, utin.

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Got any extra firstborns?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I haven't watched it yet so it doesn't count, obviously.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Galaga Galaxian posted:

well done

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

bathroom sounds posted:

I feel like the video title unfairly tainted my interpretation of the footage. How do I know it wasn't actually "RUSSIAN WOMAN GREETED BY HER FUZZY-WUZZY CHILDREN"????

Enhanced playground experience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtJOms6fpKo

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

bathroom sounds posted:

The screams are a good hint.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

SarutosZero posted:

Please shame anyone who speaks ill of Putin, Russia, Sochi, Russian engineering, Russian Architecture, Sochi Hospitality, the opening ceremony music, Putin, the Olympic rings, Russian landscaping, Putin, tarps, Putin tarps, PUtin, Putn, utin.

Putin mydick.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Relevant to the proceedings

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Momplestiltskin posted:

I haven't watched it yet so it doesn't count, obviously.

im half expecting russia to send out a new version of the opening ceremonies where the 5th ring opens

only poorly done with 90s cgi

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine
Watching it tonight.. don't spoil it for me.. just... just tell me if it's got some sort of fuckup / weird thing.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Spacedad posted:

Don't be absurd. How would they have been able to build all those cinder-block and tarp-based Winchester mansion hotels if they spared any money for dealing with a longstanding unchecked stray dog problem.

I dunno, just thrown something together out of tarps? The dogs wouldn't even care, unlike bourgeoisie (man at first I didn't even come close enough for spellcheck to suggest the proper spelling) reporters.

Edit: Are you suggesting glorious Russia has insufficient tarps for both? Don't let your showerhead hear talk like that.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Bruiser posted:

Watching it tonight.. don't spoil it for me.. just... just tell me if it's got some sort of fuckup / weird thing.

There's this thing with five snowflakes that move, watch closely and you might notice a slight blooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!

Bruiser posted:

just wait until it goes Full Communist and then it's pretty awesome.

• Locked thread