Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I don't know what makes me angrier, the fact that Mike Du Jour ripped this off so blatantly, or that there are two comics this loving terrible. Horse's rear end Comix.

Pooch Café

Cue tense piano music being played on a scratchy victrola!

Ballard Street

I know I've made jokes about this before, but there is no way in hell this isn't a weird sex thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ham Shears Janurary 29 2014

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

On occasion, Scott Adams can be okay.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Words change meaning over time, and it's silly to read anything more into it than that. But when you're loving around with conjugation just so you can use 'Gay' one more time as a noun, I'm going to assume you're a time traveler trying to gently caress with people. Like that Batman comic about Joker's giant boner.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Endless Mike posted:

Maybe she's a Mason.

Yep, could be. She'd be a Rainbow Girl though, I'm pretty sure.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I'm more vexed about celebrating Arthur driving the Angles back from England.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Wait, so the Kings men took a detour through a dangerous swamp, and drowned. Then, some other people FOUND the treasure, and kept it for themselves, instead of returning it.
Then, the 9th Phantom beat these people up, and has kept the treasure in a cave for the past 300 years(rather than returning it)?

Oh but no sorry, these were CRIMINALS, so it's all okay.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin and the Grand Tragedy

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Yep, could be. She'd be a Rainbow Girl though, I'm pretty sure.

Or a Job's Daughter. Masons love them affiliated bodies.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Calling happy people gay will never stop being funny.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Go gently caress yourself, Mike :argh:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

pienipple posted:

Go gently caress yourself, Mike :argh:

He can't. That would make him gay and Mike Lester is definitely not gay.
He's an rear end.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

In today's episode, Foxy Grandpa uses hundreds of bees to attack the boys.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Stultus Maximus posted:

King Arthur doesn't care that the Angles have already assimilated economically and culturally, he's taking loving England back for the Britons.. :black101:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (November 15-17, 1926)

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

You mean Octon... called Cobra... called Luciphor? Mandrake's brother goes through aliases the way other people go through toilet paper!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mr. Cool rear end posted:

In today's episode, Foxy Grandpa uses hundreds of bees to attack the boys.

Jesus Christ, Foxy Grandpa.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001
Sneaky edit, or was the editor just not paying attention?

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street

I know I've made jokes about this before, but there is no way in hell this isn't a weird sex thing.

Furries? Pony Play? My mind instantly goes for those. But I can't tell if that's intentional or not.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Sergio Aragones Funnies (Mad #312, July 1992)
I bought a stack of old Mad Magazines at a comic book store today. Not a huge stack, but it gives me plenty of Sergio stuff to post here, and maybe other stuff as well. Here's one of them.

Don Martin Dept. (Mad #52, January 1960)

Thorn (February 23-24, 1984)

Lucky Cow (April 26-28, 2004)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Take that, late-'80s journalistic publications!

Go ahead, try to fully decipher it.

Calvin And Hobbes

Cheap Thrills Cuisine

Oh my, that last panel.

Daddy's Home looks like an escapee from Liquid TV.

OK, not really. It could easily be in Squiggle-Vision, though.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Stultus Maximus posted:

The dude is Welsh. The terminology is bit funky, true, but the concept sound. (I've never read Le Morte d'Arthur, just the stories in the Mabinogion)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Transmodiar posted:

This guy is identical to the love interests of the other two women every other man in Apartment 3-G, right down to the aqua blue blazer and starched white button-up with top button casually open.

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Oscar? Did they seriously forget this was going to be a TV movie?
I'm not sure that that's ever actually been confirmed in the strip, we all just assumed that because obviously it would be.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Going through the old MAD Magazines, I just had to share these three cannibalism cartoons drawn by Don "Duck" Edwing, who was formerly a ghost writer for Don Martin before he started doing his own drawings. These ran in issue #284, January 1989.

The best part? Two issues later, in #286 (April 1989), they printed letters to the editors about these cartoons, some readers feeling that this was too graphic, even for MAD. One of the persons who wrote about it was Dan Povenmire, who would years later co-create "Phineas and Ferb" for Disney. He also directed on "Rocko's Modern Life" and "Family Guy".

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Apartment 3-G

"Just hold still a minute while I choke you."

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

I'm not entirely sure exactly what emotion Peter's expression in the second panel signifies, but I am 100% sure that it is completely appropriate for this situation.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
I like to think the only way in which she identifies herself to others is as "Robbie's wife". No first name, no last name, just a statement. I also like to think that she's been cold-calling random numbers from the New York telephone directory and delivering the exact same exposition to whoever answers, and that it is only by sheer coincidence that she happened to call the number of the place where her husband actually was at the time.

Alternatively, it's really a telemarketer shilling some new breakthrough in wide-angle lens design while Peter has one of his hallucinatory seizures.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Tiggum posted:

I'm not sure that that's ever actually been confirmed in the strip, we all just assumed that because obviously it would be.

For once, we had a reason to believe the worst.

You are so lucky I had a few minutes to kill while the pizza's on the way... :colbert:

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

TofuDiva posted:

At this point in 1918, Everett True is no longer Everyman. He's a straight-up political mouthpiece, and not only that, he's propagandizing the direct edicts of the Wilson administration in the most vulgar way possible. Sorry, but it's "True." If Somethingawful were back then we'd all be bitching that Everett True belonged in the political cartoons thread.

I have said this all along, ET is the worst kind of vicarious entertainment for motherfuckers with no balls but a big hard on for social and political propriety. gently caress condo and and gently caress his power fantasies

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

How come Luann's the comic that gets mp3s of songs in the strip and not Sally Forth?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

SubNat posted:

I guess the Moomins are loving dead.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Johnny Hazard

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Dr. Dos posted:

How come Luann's the comic that gets mp3s of songs in the strip and not Sally Forth?

Is it bad that I've been thinking that a three-piece all-female teenage horror-punk band would be hella more marketable than a me-too pop song?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

SubNat posted:

The end.

Mister Beeg posted:

Going through the old MAD Magazines, I just had to share these three cannibalism cartoons drawn by Don "Duck" Edwing, who was formerly a ghost writer for Don Martin before he started doing his own drawings.

Duck Edwing is probably the most grotesque/gross-out of the MAD artists. I'm not surprised people wrote in for this one but man, it's far from the most viscerally disgusting.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

I'm not entirely sure exactly what emotion Peter's expression in the second panel signifies, but I am 100% sure that it is completely appropriate for this situation.

Dull surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

I wonder if Gilchrist is single. Probably.

Momma

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Arlo and Janis

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

• Locked thread