Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I suppose this is as good a time as any to bitch about how loving awful nbc's coverage of any olympics is. I just want to watch people get mauled by gravity. I don't care about some douche bag snowbaorder's smiling down syndrome brother by the fireplace back in Minnesota. gently caress you in your pink eye Bob Costas. Someone wake me up when I can pay-per-view the olympic village gently caress fest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

InterFaced posted:

I suppose this is as good a time as any to bitch about how loving awful nbc's coverage of any olympics is. I just want to watch people get mauled by gravity. I don't care about some douche bag snowbaorder's smiling down syndrome brother by the fireplace back in Minnesota. gently caress you in your pink eye Bob Costas. Someone wake me up when I can pay-per-view the olympic village gently caress fest.

:goonsay:

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

InterFaced posted:

I agree. Turn that loving poo poo off and just show the athletes. I don't care if their family came thousands of miles, or that they have been into sport XYZ since they were a baby or any of that background poo poo.

It is boring and loving pointless and one of the reasons that the recent years of Olympic coverage has been so loving terrible.

The program directors just unilaterally deciding what parts to show us and what to leave out. I really hate that poo poo.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Bloody Holly posted:

your dad, three nights a week.

:thurman:

also

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPlK10Rcdk

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Feb 8, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

you irl posted:

I didn't even realize there was supposed to be fireworks

I wonder which nbc will play?

poo poo now i kinda want to see the fireworks

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Fat Ogre posted:

I agree. Turn that loving poo poo off and just show the athletes. I don't care if their family came thousands of miles, or that they have been into sport XYZ since they were a baby or any of that background poo poo.

It is boring and loving pointless and one of the reasons that the recent years of Olympic coverage has been so loving terrible.

The program directors just unilaterally deciding what parts to show us and what to leave out. I really hate that poo poo.

wow but he's dedicating this run to his mother you heartless bastard, she had breast cancer you rear end in a top hat

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

you irl posted:

wow but he's dedicating this run to his mother you heartless bastard, she had breast cancer you rear end in a top hat

Good I hope she dies in the middle of his medal losing run. Fluff pieces are the WORST thing about the Olympics.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Agrajag posted:

Good I hope she dies in the middle of his medal losing run. Fluff pieces are the WORST thing about the Olympics.

you probably dont even support are troops who fight everybody so you can be free to say poo poo like that

freedom isnt free, olympic hater

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

you irl posted:

you probably dont even support are troops who fight everybody so you can be free to say poo poo like that

freedom isnt free, olympic hater

Woah now, don't you dare corrupt our traditional argle blargle bloogle blargle by breaking our laws against pro-olympic propaganda, foreign scum.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
We're getting to the stage where we'll only care about a competitor if his whole family was killed by dogs or some poo poo.

It's loving tedious. gently caress off with your grief tourism, ffs.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

univbee posted:

You have to splice the files together so the GIF is the first half of the file and the MP3 is the 2nd half. Easiest way to do this is from the commandline in Windows and do copy /b image.gif + music.mp3 combined.gif

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

WastedJoker posted:

We're getting to the stage where we'll only care about a competitor if his whole family was killed by dogs or some poo poo.

It's loving tedious. gently caress off with your grief tourism, ffs.
Killed by dogs in Sochi mind you, not dragging some old story up.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

who wants to see olympic moments in lego

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/winter-olympics/26090575

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

you irl posted:

Unless her cancer is competing in the Olympics, I don't want to hear about that bullshit.

loving NBC.

This athlete has 16 retarded siblings and children who made it all the way to Sochi to cheer him on.
*cuts to scene of gaggle of retards in the stands*

:byodood: I POOPED MY PANTS!
:byodame: Hooray for Winter
:byodood: blarggledargle doo

You know it brings a tear to my eye seeing how much he had to overcome being related to so many retards.

Ohhh that wipe out is gonna cost him!

*cut to shot of tard family sobbing*

This is literally how NBC covers the Olympics now.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

:ussr:

remember to save it as a mp3 folks!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fat Ogre posted:

Unless her cancer is competing in the Olympics, I don't want to hear about that bullshit.

loving NBC.

This athlete has 16 retarded siblings and children who made it all the way to Sochi to cheer him on.

You know it brings a tear to my eye seeing how much he had to overcome being related to so many retards.

their coverage of london was hilariously bad

lets see if they can beat it

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I think the Sydney Olympics were the last time I actually paid attention to any of the sporting event after the opening ceremonies. poo poo really started getting bad, in terms of fluff pieces, after Sydney.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Fat Ogre posted:

"oh that's a stage 2 neoplasm, the judges are really looking for metastasis this year"

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Are ya gonna come quietly, or am I gonna have to muss ya up?

you irl posted:

"oh that's a stage 2 neoplasm, the judges are really looking for metastasis this year"

Walter White got the gold in that already.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

You're doing the lords work

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Fat Ogre posted:

their coverage of london was hilariously bad

lets see if they can beat it

At least in this case they have the excuse of being on edge because of the incredible accommodating sochi facilities.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Awful nice of his family to build the facilities at Sochi.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 8, 2014

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Spacedad you are very angry. Please don't be so angry. The situation for gays in Russia is utterly miserable, but your anger is only ruining your day, not Vlads.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

A Pale Horse posted:

Spacedad you are very angry. Please don't be so angry. The situation for gays in Russia is utterly miserable, but your anger is only ruining your day, not Vlads.

Are you kidding? I spent much of last night laughing and this morning/day laughing.

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe

Not finished until Putin's face is on the other guy and stray dog in the background.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Fat Ogre posted:

loving NBC.

follow up on retard family 6 months after the game reveals 8 of them have joined the sochi stray dog community

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Spacedad posted:

Are you kidding? I spent much of last night laughing and this morning/day laughing.

Okay good, you just come across as angry in your posts and you're generally a chill guy so I was just making sure. Laugh at the kafkaesque absurdity of the Russian state and enjoy.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

you irl posted:

c:\my documents\gapes\extreme\new folder\canus lupus familiaris\rover.jpg

E:\program files (x86)\Trillian\users\global\received files\Morally Inept\DSC__002714.png

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I'm sure some of the athletes hate the "her grandma died of Gay Baby syndrome" poo poo as much as we do

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

A Pale Horse posted:

Okay good, you just come across as angry in your posts and you're generally a chill guy so I was just making sure. Laugh at the kafkaesque absurdity of the Russian state and enjoy.

The olympics are a relief actually because seeing Putin and Russia so thoroughly humiliated with no one to blame but themselves means we get to see where all that puffery about traditional russian values actually leads - rampant corruption and incompetence, with critics being bullied into silence, resulting in the entirely predictable disastrous outcome.

Angry people like me practically don't even have to do anything. The photos of toilet conference rooms, the stray dog convention, and winchester mansion staircases speak for themselves.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Would IBS be a winter or summer event?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

VIOLENTERECTION posted:

Not finished until Putin's face is on the other guy and stray dog in the background.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

bow chicka wow wow posted:

I'm sure some of the athletes hate the "her grandma died of Gay Baby syndrome" poo poo as much as we do

my brother died of an anime overdose and i'm glad now i'm going to go do the slalom

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Agrajag posted:

Would IBS be a winter or summer event?

Infinite Boob Sledding???

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

No 2014 highlight, voted 1

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Ol vlads revenge aka dysentery

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

AriadneThread posted:

Infinite Boob Sledding???

Good god a legit sporting event that I would actually watch.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Irritable Bowels leave brown streaks on the white snow

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

:stare:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Feb 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006