Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006
Streaming again this week if anyone wants to watch and make fun of my guild.

http://www.twitch.tv/bearforce/

Also can't believe people are still complaining about the AA granting when you can turn it off if you want to be a true nerd and grind out your aa with honour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Anybody know of a command I can use (in MQ if I have to) to auto-buy Glyph of Destruction? Max AA's and rebuying that on every pull is annoying.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Uh MMOBugs has a full Test install, or at least they did. I stopped caring once I only logged in for raids, but if you want to MQ, MMOBugs has it all. I'm not sure what else it does these days besides autobuying glyphs, but it'll definitely do that if that's what you want

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Midnight City posted:

Can PL you to 85 in no time or gently caress around in old raids / epics whatever

I'd love this for my 80 paladin and 70ish mage :v:

Don't need plat, just want 85 to finish my little crew and going Ranger/Paladin/Mage is horribly inefficient.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Sure, just message me in game.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Poistiant posted:

Also can't believe people are still complaining about the AA granting when you can turn it off if you want to be a true nerd and grind out your aa with honour.

The majority are mad that any new player wouldn't have to "earn" the AA the way they did, even though it's an apples to oranges comparison at this point. My InstanceQuest playing experience where I only group with my personal clique is going to be so very ruined by these dirty noobs and their level 85 marketplace toon and its free AAs!

The337th fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Feb 8, 2014

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

The337th posted:

The majority are mad that any new player wouldn't have to "earn" the AA the way they did, even though it's an apples to oranges comparison at this point. My InstanceQuest playing experience where I only group with my personal clique is going to be so very ruined by these dirty noobs and their level 85 marketplace toon and its free AAs!

People are saying retarded poo poo like "Thanks Sony for making the last 13 years pointless!" So whats the deal, you didn't enjoy any moment during that last 13 years? I wonder why they were playing at all, then.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My broken class that was super-powerful is now just like every other class! :qq:

Thanks OBAMA

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

RCarr posted:

Thanks OBAMA

As an aside, last night in Bazaar on E. Marr I saw a necro with a specter pet named "Obamacare." Gave me a chuckle, anyway.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

So do we know for sure that Test server is supposed to be getting the AA change tomorrow? People are saying it is but I haven't seen any down time scheduled for it or anything.

Going to try something possibly stupid by /resetAA'ing the 4,500 I earned on him then hoping to log in with all the grantable ones there then having an extra 4.5k to spend. This is probably a really bad idea.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Midnight City posted:

So do we know for sure that Test server is supposed to be getting the AA change tomorrow? People are saying it is but I haven't seen any down time scheduled for it or anything.

Going to try something possibly stupid by /resetAA'ing the 4,500 I earned on him then hoping to log in with all the grantable ones there then having an extra 4.5k to spend. This is probably a really bad idea.

Please post whether logging out/ logging in lets you hold the 4500 AA's, because I want to do this too.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Midnight City posted:

There's no test patch warning yet. Should happen on Tuesday, but to be safe you should /resetaa before logging out of test for the next few days till the patch hits.

I'd be doing the same thing, worst that happens is that you have to respend all your AAs.

I'm pretty sure nothing will eat stored AAs anymore, if that's what you're worried about. My beta characters carried around about 10k unspent AAs for the last 3 or 4 betas.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Related to earlier, you still get a giant red message saying "You have more than 70 AA saved, use them now or next time you zone they will be deleted".

I went ahead and zoned and camped out and they didn't get deleted anymore though.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Midnight City posted:

Related to earlier, you still get a giant red message saying "You have more than 70 AA saved, use them now or next time you zone they will be deleted".

I went ahead and zoned and camped out and they didn't get deleted anymore though.

Thanks for the confirmation. Not like I would really lose much if it turns out it eats them, since I only had one dude above 85.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Midnight City posted:

You can't lose any AA in any way on Test anymore, but every other time they've done something like this, that particular scheme sadly didn't get you any free AAs :( The best we've ever gotten is some display glitches between earned/spent AA counts and we tried a ton of different ways to cheat the system

Maybe they'll gently caress it up this time though :soe:

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
So in the SOE thread, in response to a question of "Will the AA patch drop on February 12 (Wednesday)?" the community manager doing the responses said they are aiming for next week.

Does anyone have any tea-leaf reading for when that means it will hit Test? Does it usually get a patch a week early, or a day early?

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Devor posted:

So in the SOE thread, in response to a question of "Will the AA patch drop on February 12 (Wednesday)?" the community manager doing the responses said they are aiming for next week.

Does anyone have any tea-leaf reading for when that means it will hit Test? Does it usually get a patch a week early, or a day early?
A week on the dot as far as I have heard.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Anybody know of a way to get onto Xegony's island without the key? Two of the islands are bugged out and won't let you target/kill the mobs to spawn the Avatars for the key, pretty drat frustrating.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Midnight City posted:

Anybody know of a way to get onto Xegony's island without the key? Two of the islands are bugged out and won't let you target/kill the mobs to spawn the Avatars for the key, pretty drat frustrating.

Nope, only way up there is via the key. The /target command doesn't work on the trigger mobs like.. uh.. Sigismond? That's the only one I remember.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Can't even get him to spawn because there's some stormriders still alive on the island that are clipping through the floor and can't even /target them (with MQ2 either), same with the phoenix island.

Now I know why our whole guild just suicided at the entrance and had the necro guildleader manually summon our corpses across the zone straight to Xegony.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Has the AA patch hit test yet?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Dubious posted:

Looking at the thread now to see if it says.

Found this where a developer calls people out in general for bitching about the change via multiple accounts :ssh:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/changes-with-the-february-update-developer-updates.207587/page-152#post-3051148

Also, the auto-granted AA's will not count towards your total spent, anymore, so you can still get fast AA's at level 85.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/changes-with-the-february-update-developer-updates.207587/page-152#post-3051167

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Anyone got advice on WK raid?
For now we have like 5ish tanks grabbing 1-3 mobs each and we try to DPS the adds. We only have 1 chanter so we don't really stun lock them.

One problem is tanks grab the some of the same mobs and a few get loose and kill dudes or start summoning tanks and they get backstabbed.

I was thinking of having all the knights HA 1 mob each from ExtTarget to just get them out of the equation. Move them slightly away and just solo tank them or whatever. Then the warriors can kinda shuffle mobs and tank 3 mobs each. Grabbing multiple mobs for me is really hard I don't know why. My extTarget interface seems to lag pretty bad, and my aggro is extremely short range.

I'm on test.Wiji or I might stream it in an hour at twitch.tv/wijilob

darkhand fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 11, 2014

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Devor posted:

Looking at the thread now to see if it says.

Found this where a developer calls people out in general for bitching about the change via multiple accounts :ssh:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/changes-with-the-february-update-developer-updates.207587/page-152#post-3051148

Also, the auto-granted AA's will not count towards your total spent, anymore, so you can still get fast AA's at level 85.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/changes-with-the-february-update-developer-updates.207587/page-152#post-3051167

Haha, Elidroth can be a dick. Although he isn't anywhere near as big of a lazy dick as Chandrok.

Speaking of Elidroth, I was looking through my Vanguard beta screenshots the other day, and on one day they were stress testing the servers and handing out flying mounts to everyone. Elidroth was one of them, in fact it might have been him that gave me one. It was fun, until you realized that monsters completely ignored the z-axis and I got killed when I went into a high level area pretty quick despite being a hundred feet above them.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

darkhand posted:

I was thinking of having all the knights HA 1 mob each from ExtTarget to just get them out of the equation. Move them slightly away and just solo tank them or whatever. Then the warriors can kinda shuffle mobs and tank 3 mobs each. Grabbing multiple mobs for me is really hard I don't know why. My extTarget interface seems to lag pretty bad, and my aggro is extremely short range.

I know the knights suck dicks since Omin and I quit, but that's what they're supposed to loving be doing already. Every knight should be tagging and tanking 2 per wave minimum. The best tries we've ever had came when we used HoTT to designate them to specific tanks -- each Knight gets 2, HAs one, then hits the other with a couple terrors/stuns, then tanks 2 until they're dead. 2 isn't too many to tank at all, just tell them to quit being shitlord pussies :v: You just have to designate individual targets for them because no knight the guild has ever had other than me and Omin has ever been capable of tanking the proper mobs without someone telling them the exact order to mash their keyboard :sigh: You just have to treat them like the Warriors who aren't you or Ffalin

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 12, 2014

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

darkhand posted:

For now we have like 5ish tanks grabbing 1-3 mobs each and we try to DPS the adds. We only have 1 chanter so we don't really stun lock them.

One problem is tanks grab the some of the same mobs and a few get loose and kill dudes or start summoning tanks and they get backstabbed.

Have Denyu tank everything.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

darkhand posted:

Have your beefiest manly warrior grab as many of them as you can and kite, other warriors tank what mobs come through and tell the knights to pull mobs off of the warrior and have your dps kill those mobs. That is the easiest way if you don't trust your tanks/healers to be awake.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
We got some attempts in. Aside from my own personal failings, we just don't have the DPS to keep from getting overrun. That and the commander get damaged and running to his death.

Appreciate the tips, never thought of kiting. I guess rooting is possible on some level too.

I think we are closer to beating chapter house or zalikor than WK though. I still feel we are far off from beating those.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Feb 12, 2014

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

darkhand posted:

I'm assuming you're talking about WK1 here. The only mobs that matter are the wardens - mez all the yellows and prioritize killing any reds. Have one tank pick the rest up, cycling through deflections on waves 3/4/5. Depending on what dps classes you have, evenly split burns between waves 3/4/5. It's ok to let the commander tank for short periods of time. He's not a great tank but he can hold a few mobs for 15-20 seconds or so. Just have all the healers add him to the extended target window and heal him if he starts to dip low.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Dubious posted:

Test patch incoming!

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-02-12-14.208081/

Get your aa resets on, quickly.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Yessss

Resets done a couple days ago, been waiting for this :allears:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I went ahead and reset, but I'm only 81, and haven't played in a year, heh. If I decide to start playing again maybe I can beg a PL / assistance to 85.

I've tried boxing multiple times in a few games, and I just hate it. I'd rather not play. EQ is a group game, it sucks solo :(. I guess that makes it pointless to ever play again really...

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Boxing in EQ with the right setup is an absolute dream, you play one character but use hotkeys to control the rest via isboxer. There are some other tools that you can use that make things easier too.

In other news, I've been wanting to plug Echoes of Elysium for a bit, but I know that there are two huge barriers to playing on the progression servers. We just got confirmation from Piestro though that they're going to give us the proper unlock timing with Seeds of Destruction, so in a few months we'll have mercs. The other barrier (have to be gold sub) I can't do anything about but I figured why not.

EoE is literally the only guild on Vulak'Aerr doing progression (there's another guild, Kuk Clan, that does 'family' style stuff) and our population is nearly dead, but EoE is usually good about helping apps and we're willing to take anyone who is competent and is a Cleric, Shaman, Druid, SK, or Paladin. We have a lot of bots on raids at the moment, which get dumped for any mains that want in, and loot is always mains > bots so if you show you're dedicated, have good play time, and aren't terrible, you'll get geared up.

We raid Monday through Thursday, 5 PST to about 9 PST, and currently we've got all of SoF cleared and consistently defeat every fight in Crystallos and Mansion with minimal retrys except for Vyskudra, who occasionally gives us issues, and the random bugs in Mansion. If you're interested, send Vulak.Karael a tell, and I can point you to our O crew.

In terms of doing gearing and stuff, I absolutely love doing Epic stuff for people and can six box Anguish for orbs, and do a bunch of other older raids for gearing up. A lot of guild members have Elaborate and Intricate defiant rotting in banks, so we can definitely get you some hookups.

Just keep in mind, this is progression so we don't have a lot of nice quality of life stuff like extended target window, buy-from-anywhere, or click from bags.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hoohah posted:

Boxing in EQ with the right setup is an absolute dream, you play one character but use hotkeys to control the rest via isboxer. There are some other tools that you can use that make things easier too.

I would loving love to be able to box well but I'm too computer illiterate to set up ISBoxer well :(

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Someday soon I should sit down and write a guide for it or something, cause I've never had any issues using it once I got the hang of the simple stuff.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
How late do Test patches drop? I figured it would have happened by now, but Test is still up and running without the patch.

RCarr posted:

I would loving love to be able to box well but I'm too computer illiterate to set up ISBoxer well :(

It does have a bit of a learning curve, and a big part of it is just knowing what the "good" things to be able to do are. If you hit my post history in this thread, I think I listed a bunch of commands that are useful to set up.

E.g. a macro to follow the leader, a key to hold down to make your follower back up to break follow, one to force them all to move forward for positioning, etc. etc.

I'm sure several people would be happy to answer questions in this thread.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.
I did moderately well just using WinEQ2 to 4 box. My team was two rogues, a shaman, and a warrior. It took a little time to get everything working smoothly, and I was horrible in moments of intense stress but it worked well enough. WinEQ2 lets you bind hotkeys to session windows, you can instantly switch to them from whatever it is you're doing on your computer.

I had my two rogues bound to Alt + F1 and Alt + F2, my shaman was Alt + F3 and my warrior was Alt + ~. The rogues were setup with macros to backstab 4 times in a row, so it was just a matter of positioning, pushing 2, and then taking care of the other characters. The shaman had a macro to slow, send the pet in, and cast his dots as well as a heal macro for those pulls that the cleric merc couldn't handle. While those guys were doing their automated thing, I focused on aggro generation with the warrior. Definitely didn't work as well as ISBoxer, but if you don't want to pay the fee, it's a decent free option for just loving around.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Some random dude threadshit some made up stuff in that developer thread, which I didn't realize at first since I figured if it was open to non-developers it would have been poo poo up by now. The first one got a chuckle out of me:

code:
All bard songs with the letter 'B' in them are no longer working, unless you equip a wind instrument.
Why? See bard code.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

saintonan posted:

I'm assuming you're talking about WK1 here. The only mobs that matter are the wardens - mez all the yellows and prioritize killing any reds. Have one tank pick the rest up, cycling through deflections on waves 3/4/5. Depending on what dps classes you have, evenly split burns between waves 3/4/5. It's ok to let the commander tank for short periods of time. He's not a great tank but he can hold a few mobs for 15-20 seconds or so. Just have all the healers add him to the extended target window and heal him if he starts to dip low.

I'm quoting you because you were last, but this is pretty much for everyone who responded - the Test guild can't do any of the things you suggested. How we ever managed to win any raid at all still amazes me, but there are no Enchanters/non-boxed Bards to mez, 1-2 max clerics who aren't awful, no shamans, no druids, only 2-3 warriors who're good players depending on who logs in, and literally no knights of either class that aren't mouthbreathing idiots. The top-of-guild DPS is so bad a live server guild wouldn't even let them app and our worst lost on parses to me and another Shadowknight more fights than not, and our fights last 5-10 loving minutes.

There is literally no hope for the Test raid scene at all until gear mudflates enough to just straight overpower another tier with sheer refusal to die by tanks while everyone else assfucks around for 20 minutes. It's cute watching Wiji still have hope in the thread though even though we were stuck on the exact same fights back in August 2013 :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Test is going down for the patch a little after 9:30pm EST (7 minutes from this post)

Edit: The patch notes are up on the loader (can't copy paste) including the AA changes.

Leadership AAs are now automatic, as well.

Edit 2:

Test is back up!

Edit 3:

Test auto-gold lets you use AA auto-grant (I think we were pretty sure this was the case).

Also confirming I still have all the AA's that I banked.

Logging doesn't trigger the AA grant, looks like only zoning/leveling does it, as per the tooltip.

This is for my level 81 SK

Devor fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 13, 2014