Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Zoness posted:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

But really I feel like i could probably just switch that Roost to Pursuit or something and make it CB Scizor. M-Scizor does have some pretty bad 4MSS.

Mega Scizor's kind of weird in that it does way less damage than Scizor (like, just holding a Metal Coat makes Scizor stronger), but it turns into a kind of Hybrid between Scizor and Skarmory. I've been using Defog or bulky SD Mega Scizor from time to time but offensive sets are probably more effective with classic Scizor.

e: Oh, and Mega Scizor's a pretty badass Baton Passer, which is what people actually used Scizor for before Platinum gave it Bullet Punch. Baton Pass is a pretty shaky strategy to dedicate your Mega to, though.

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilhemina
Jun 21, 2011

Hammerite posted:

Even if Aegislash had taken burn damage, since Generation 5 there are no draws whatsoever.
I'll always miss, "Wow, they're down, they're both down!!!" :(

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

chaos rhames posted:

There's an in game trade for the steelix in the bike town, if you just want to finish the dex.

Whereabouts? What part of the town?

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

In the Pokemon Center in Cyllage City, he wants a Luvdisc and will give you a Steelix.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

LemonLimeTime posted:

Whereabouts? What part of the town?

Everything you need is here!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Anyone mind helping with a trade evo? Last thing I need to finish my dex. 4768 7629 8819 IGN Joshua

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009
As of right now I have 8 more 6IV Dittos. I'm looking for a 5-6IV Beldum, random legendaries, shinies, and rejects. You can also give me trade fodder if you really don't have anything too! I'll probably transfer another batch of 30 Dittos within the next week if I have time.

Also Night Blade, I have a Ditto held for your Mudkip, I linked my Steam in my other post.

If there's anyone I missed or looked over on accident, feel free to nag me again. I lost track of one or two individuals :(

Kuhmondo fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 8, 2014

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Blhue posted:

Anyone mind helping with a trade evo? Last thing I need to finish my dex. 4768 7629 8819 IGN Joshua

I can help.

1590-4804-3673 ミサキ

Edit: Do you want this Porygon to learn Zap Cannon?

Edit Edit: Indeed. It tried to learn two other moves as well, but I just canceled them.

John Carstairs fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 8, 2014

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I've got Mewtwonite X and Manectite that I doubt I'll ever use and could use one of those dittos.

Don't care in the least, he's just for the dex entry

Edit again: Thanks a bunch.

Blhue fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 8, 2014

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Kuhmondo posted:

As of right now I have 8 more 6IV Dittos. I'm looking for a 5-6IV Beldum, random legendaries, shinies, and rejects. You can also give me trade fodder if you really don't have anything too! I'll probably transfer another batch of 30 Dittos within the next week if I have time.

Also Night Blade, I have a Ditto held for your Mudkip, I linked my Steam in my other post.

If there's anyone I missed or looked over on accident, feel free to nag me again. I lost track of one or two individuals :(

I would rather like a Ditto, myself. are there any evo stones you need besides pinsirite? I'm down to just pinsir and venipede rejects now... But I'm open to other suggestions if you have something else in mind.

edit: oh man. Some days you just fail at every single thing you to.

At times like this, it is helpful to remember that SCRAFTY IS COMPLETELY UNSTOPPABLE

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Feb 8, 2014

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

Blhue posted:

I've got Mewtwonite X and Manectite that I doubt I'll ever use and could use one of those dittos.

Don't care in the least, he's just for the dex entry

Edit again: Thanks a bunch.

I don't need any stones; I got them all. You can just give me one of your rejects or fodder.

Ignite Memories posted:

I would rather like a Ditto, myself. are there any evo stones you need besides pinsirite? I'm down to just pinsir and venipede rejects now... But I'm open to other suggestions if you have something else in mind.

I'll take a Pinsir reject for a Ditto.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Kickass! Can you trade now? I won't be awake much longer.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Kuhmondo posted:

I don't need any stones; I got them all. You can just give me one of your rejects or fodder.

Okay. I got boatloads of breeding rejects, I see you responded to my friend invite on steam so I'll take this there.

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

Kickass! Can you trade now? I won't be awake much longer.

I forgot what your IGN was or if I added your FC at all. Mines is 3539-9848-4121.

edit: Nevermind I found it and added you. I'll be on.

Kuhmondo fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Feb 8, 2014

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

FC is 0473 - 7914 - 2690. IGN is Paul

edit: holy crap, I'm only 3 games in but so far my monofighting OU team is doing WAY better in doubles than it ever did in monotype.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-85739084
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-85739575
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-85740353

That fake out + spore combo felt NASTY to pull off, and immediately neutralized something that would have totally swept my team otherwise.

edit edit:

Thanks for the ditto! Those two bugs have been serving me very well. May they serve you also.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Feb 8, 2014

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013

Kuhmondo posted:

I can give you a shiny Honedge or Teddiursa for a ditto! I'd really love one.

My FC is 3566-1578-9713
Ign: Jessica

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I've been playing Pokemon over half my life, and today for the first time I caught 'em all! Or, at least, all that've been released. 718 seen, 718 caught, Shiny Charm obtained. Now I can finally die!

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Ignite Memories posted:

Does anyone else ever feel sketchy walking into some random pokemart and selling them $500,000 worth of shrooms?

You sell them? I just have them in my backpack next to my Nuggets and Big Nuggets. Just in case I come across a fellow trainer in need of a good time.

I've been thinking of making a Magnezone set, but I know little to nothing about him. What moves make him shine best?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Kuhmondo posted:

I have some 5IV beldums left I think.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-85778802

I'm terrible at OU but I felt really proud of myself after this match. The Greninja set really surprised me, it was quite clever.

EDIT: Would appreciate any team comments! It's a bit slapped together but the only one I'm not really happy with is Tentacruel. Would Blastoise be a better choice?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Blhue posted:

Sure thang if haven't already. I need a few traded too to evolve. (about 3 I believe)

Octag
Sep 16, 2012

2MB posted:

Excadrill could work, I'll give him a shot tonight. Do you just run a rapid spin/stealth rock set on him? I initially went to ferrothorn because he walls out dnites really well but that's about all I've seen him do well. I've mostly been trying to avoid legendaries because I don't really have access to them on my cart.

I think I'm being too careful with Kabutops. He feels so fragile that switching into a brave bird just feels like handing them a free kill but you're right that if I don't shut down talonflame then the rest of my team is getting swept with little effort.

As far as Kingdra goes, I've found him to be really subpar. I'll give Draco Meteor a shot but the life orb set doesn't seem to pack enough of a punch for him to be threatening. Maybe I just need to practice with him more. I actually took him off the team for the time being because I already have Goodra who puts some work in with hydration/rest to eat up any status moves that come my way and with a modest nature he does pretty good damage on anything that isn't porygon or blissey. I've currently got Ludicolo in his place as an extra rain dance setter who's a lot tankier but he doesn't do a whole lot either.

I like the extra damage on politoed because people rarely see him as a threat and it lets me do a good chunk of damage when they decide to stay in and set up. It's part of the reason I like ferrothorn on the team because I can usually do a solid 40-50% on their lead when they think they're getting a free SD then I swap to ferro to finish them off with barbs and rocky helmet. I plan on giving toed a bulkier spread if I remove ferrothorn though.

Scizor has been so-so. He's a surprisingly good de-fogger because he scares a lot of people out which gives him a free turn to clear the field. Pursuit and U-turn make a deadly combo and using priority to revenge kill anyone <40% is cool. If I put Excadrill on the team though I'm not sure who to put in Scizor's mega slot since he is primarily a defogger. He just doesn't pack as much of a punch as I want out of a mega. I thought being in rain would save him from fire moves but more often than not he still gets ohko'd. There just never feels like a great time to switch him in because a lot of the stuff he resists don't really fear him (other than psychic types which I never see besides Latias). Overall it seems like I could get more out of my mega slot. Any suggestions?

Yeah Excadrill is the simplest set imaginable, Stealth Rock/Rapid Spin/Earthquake/Rock Slide@Focus Sash. I'm sure you can think of a better set, I made it in 5 minutes and always said I'd go back to it (but never did). It generally does what it has to do to an acceptable enough standard that I never thought of reshaping the team and getting a Defogger.

I agree that Kingdra's probably the most expendable member of the team, most variants of it I've made have involved replacing him with a Keldeo/Landorus/Thundurus/Azumarill/Bisharp. I wanted Kingdra to be a fast midgame wallbreaker, but it's kinda limited in its wallbreaking ability by its low base attack/spatk. Ludicolo is even worse than Kingdra from my experience, base 90 special attack doesn't come close to cutting it when you need to run a +speed nature to outspeed ScarfGene in the rain. If you're having success with Goodra then that's great.

I used MegaHeracross on my team and I have to recommend it if you've never used it before. It's incredibly powerful, the highest base attack of any Pokémon with high base power moves to back it up, and it's also surprisingly bulky. He can take the odd hit from just about anything and he has some great resistances to dark/fighting/ground as well. MegaPinsir would work too if you're confident you can keep rocks away.

The other one I really considered before deciding on MegaHera was MegaMawile. Mawile is a great switch in to stuff like Conkeldurr thanks to Intimidate + the best typing in the game, and once you're in there's pretty much nothing that can switch in on you. Mawile gives you a dragon immunity (really nice to have!) and strong priority. tbh with your team composition as it is I'd probably try Mawile before Heracross, I'm probably dropping Kingdra for Keldeo so I might try Mawile for a bit and see how it goes

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Unbound posted:

I've been thinking of making a Magnezone set, but I know little to nothing about him. What moves make him shine best?

I tried using Magnezone in doubles and couldn't make him work. His 4x ground weakness is a pretty massive liability given how slow he is, and vulnerability to other AOE moves doesn't help. However this was before I discovered wide guard, the most underrated move in the game, and he would probably work a lot better with good wideguard support.

Outside of doubles I'm pretty sure he is the premiere steel type killer since he can trap them with magnet pull and resists all the moves most steel types carry.

EDIT: I always get confused when someone tries to status me through safeguard. I mean, how could you make such a dumb mist-

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotdoubles-85800320

....oh :suicide:

I'm not sure how I managed to forget about it when there's a big pink screen right in front of the other team.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 8, 2014

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Kuhmondo posted:

I added what I think is you on steam. :X

For whatever reason this time only gave me two search results; one guy was online 305 days ago and then 4 hours so naturally... yeah.

Thanks for waiting all this time. My steam name is Logoth.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lancelot posted:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-85778802

I'm terrible at OU but I felt really proud of myself after this match. The Greninja set really surprised me, it was quite clever.

EDIT: Would appreciate any team comments! It's a bit slapped together but the only one I'm not really happy with is Tentacruel. Would Blastoise be a better choice?
Why did Greninja's ice beam go before Dragonite's extremespeed?

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

It didn't. Greninja used Ice Beam at the end of turn 13, Dragonite used Extremespeed at the beginning of turn 14.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Unbound posted:

You sell them? I just have them in my backpack next to my Nuggets and Big Nuggets. Just in case I come across a fellow trainer in need of a good time.

Specs Magnet Pull with Thunderbolt/Volt Switch/Flash Cannon/Hidden Power Fire is a decent set in singles, but if you don't need steel types eliminated an Analytic set destroys a ton of things.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Despite Analytic you don't want a quiet nature or 0 Speed IVs because you don't want to be outsped by stuff that can OHKO you like Donphan and Hippowdon. 16 Speed EVs allow you to outspeed and 2HKO Specially Defensive Tyranitar with Flash Cannon. Hidden Power Fire is used over HP Ice to OHKO non-Assualt Vest Excadrill and Ferrothorn on the switch and because the only things you really need HP Ice for on Analytic Magnezone are Zygarde, Thundurus-T and Dragonite with Multiscale intact as Pivot Landorus-T, Gliscor and offensive Garchomp are all OHKOed by Flash Cannon after Stealth Rock.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Unbound posted:

You're good people, Unbound

Vodvillain
Feb 26, 2010

No kiddin'
Gun slingin'
Spurs hittin' the floor
Hey Kuhmondo, I may be a little late to the party, but do you have any more Dittos available? Best I can throw at you is a 5iv Misdreavus. I haven't been so lucky in the shiny department.

And also, for anybody looking for a new friend, my FC is 0147-0324-3511, name is Marcus. I have Abra, Wobbuffet, and Girafarig in my safari.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

With the regularity of Safeguard Meowstic/Klefki I've ran into, I've recently found Jumpluff to be one of my new favorites for VGCW 2014. 110 Base Speed with Infiltrator and Sleep Powder makes jokes of Meowstic trying to Swagger up Mega-Shkan. Jumpluff also has the benefit of Rage Powder which gives it an edge over something like I dunno Crobat.

I'm wondering though what's a good forth move for Jumpluff? Normally I run Protect/Rage Powder/Sleep Powder/Leech Seed with Focus Sash (Band? The one that work 100% of the time at 100%) which has been working for me, but I feel Leech Seed could be replaced with something else. Any suggestions?

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 8, 2014

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

So like I said, not my fault. Nobody can judge me for it.
But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
Human teenager Rainbow Dash was hot!
Okay so kind of an obscure question. Hypothetically in a doubles match with Greninja and Cradily and Cradily was holding a Balloon would Greninja's Surf destroy the balloon if Cradily had Storm Drain?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I believe not, Storm Drain would activate and raise Cradily's Sp. Atk. In a techinal sense that move never touched Cradily so the Balloon wouldn't pop.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

With the regularity of Safeguard Meowstic/Klefki I've ran into, I've recently found Jumpluff to be one of my new favorites for VGCW 2014. 110 Base Speed with Infiltrator and Sleep Powder makes jokes of Meowstic trying to Swagger up Mega-Shkan. Jumpluff also has the benefit of Rage Powder which gives it an edge over something like I dunno Crobat.

I'm wondering though what's a good forth move for Jumpluff? Normally I run Protect/Rage Powder/Sleep Powder/Leech Seed with Focus Sash (Band? The one that work 100% of the time at 100%) which has been working for me, but I feel Leech Seed could be replaced with something else. Any suggestions?

I would give it an attack move in case of taunt. Giga Drain or U-Turn. Alternatively you could use Encore to force switches or Aromatherapy for some cleric action.

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

Mr Confetti posted:

I can give you a shiny Honedge or Teddiursa for a ditto! I'd really love one.

My FC is 3566-1578-9713
Ign: Jessica

Honedge sounds great!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I have some 5IV beldums left I think.

Awesome. What's your FC and IGN? It doesn't seem to be in the goon spreadsheet.

Vodvillain posted:

Hey Kuhmondo, I may be a little late to the party, but do you have any more Dittos available? Best I can throw at you is a 5iv Misdreavus. I haven't been so lucky in the shiny department.

And also, for anybody looking for a new friend, my FC is 0147-0324-3511, name is Marcus. I have Abra, Wobbuffet, and Girafarig in my safari.

That's fine.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Kuhmondo posted:

Weird, it used to be.

FC: 1118-0240-7042
IGN: JtDL

I have 5 5IV Adamant Beldums. Unfortunately, each of them has a different dump stat that is not Special Attack. Do you have a preference?

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013

Kuhmondo posted:

Honedge sounds great!

That's fine.

I'm on now with Tizona ready for you.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

WrightOfWay posted:

Specs Magnet Pull with Thunderbolt/Volt Switch/Flash Cannon/Hidden Power Fire is a decent set in singles, but if you don't need steel types eliminated an Analytic set destroys a ton of things.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Despite Analytic you don't want a quiet nature or 0 Speed IVs because you don't want to be outsped by stuff that can OHKO you like Donphan and Hippowdon. 16 Speed EVs allow you to outspeed and 2HKO Specially Defensive Tyranitar with Flash Cannon. Hidden Power Fire is used over HP Ice to OHKO non-Assualt Vest Excadrill and Ferrothorn on the switch and because the only things you really need HP Ice for on Analytic Magnezone are Zygarde, Thundurus-T and Dragonite with Multiscale intact as Pivot Landorus-T, Gliscor and offensive Garchomp are all OHKOed by Flash Cannon after Stealth Rock.
Don't say that, I just finished breeding some 31/xx/31/31/31/0 Quiet Analytic Magnemite and it was the biggest pain in the rear end out of everything I've bred in XY :argh: :cry: :emo:

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

So like I said, not my fault. Nobody can judge me for it.
But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
Human teenager Rainbow Dash was hot!
In this replay I am dumb and forget about Dragonite's main selling point despite the fact that I run the exact same set but get incredibly lucky in the end.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-85891087

I don't know why he quit he still had an edge over me but whatever. My primary physical attackers are severely hindered by Stealth Rocks but I'm unwilling to make a roster change in order to use Defog or Rapid Spin.

Atma McCuddles
Sep 2, 2007

Special Def walls, who's better, Blissey or Togekiss? Togekiss can hit back AND has Fairy to gently caress with dragons, but Blissey's stats are better and I think as of now it is rarer than Paraflinch Togekiss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Chimeric posted:

Don't say that, I just finished breeding some 31/xx/31/31/31/0 Quiet Analytic Magnemite and it was the biggest pain in the rear end out of everything I've bred in XY :argh: :cry: :emo:

At least you can underspeed and 2HKO 252/4 Blissey after Stealth Rock and 3 layers of Spikes? Of course if it has Softboiled instead of Wish (almost guaranteed on a cartridge) you still get walled and stalled out. The way Analytic works you still get the additional power after a switch and most of the time you only need the boost on a single attack to turn 3HKOs into 2HKOs and 2HKOs into 1HKOs. That's the reason Analytic is a great ability on Starmie despite it's high speed.

• Locked thread