Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

mcvey posted:

Because it's no fun for anyone if all the CTs do is Aug up every round. Look at what happened at the EMS qualifiers today, or any MM match apparently. Who are you on Steam anyways?

Dvsilverwing, I don't do goonmans if you're trying to recognize me from somewhere. Not in the group or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Dvsilverwing posted:

Dvsilverwing, I don't do goonmans if you're trying to recognize me from somewhere. Not in the group or anything.

Why not?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

mcvey posted:

Why not?

Dunno. Just usually satisfied with the occasional ESEA pug, maybe I'll play one in a bit.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sociallyretarded Invite to group, maybe I'll hop in one sometime next week.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 8, 2014

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Where is the Champion of the Tec? My hype fades...

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Xenaero posted:

Where is the Champion of the Tec? My hype fades...

We shall do it Sunday. I just got off work and need to wake up in 6 hours to go to work. :suicide:

We should hash out rules for this exhibition match.

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
All Fox, no items, Final Destination only

e: I'm rooting for Team Tec-9. Don't let us down, Lou.

Geschwafel fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 8, 2014

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
So many tec-9 supporters. Sad.

Fat Lou posted:

We shall do it Sunday. I just got off work and need to wake up in 6 hours to go to work. :suicide:

We should hash out rules for this exhibition match.

Would we need buy zones? Also armor? What type of map, a DM/aim map? So many questions! We should leave it up to an arbiter. Minineo?

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Xenaero posted:

So many tec-9 supporters. Sad.

It's such a travesty, you gotta rep the 1D, the future of CS lies with you.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

I HAVE A NEW MOUSE!

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Feb 8, 2014

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

My mouse is so fly

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Staircraft. Literally the goonmaus. :stare:

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I was Mr. Pink last night, I want to apologize for sucking rear end and not playing my spots well, and I'm working on it. Playing with goons is good practice even if you do badly.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

1Tec > 1Deag

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
I almost always do badly, but it's still better than playing with pubbies. Jeoh and I did an MM the other day when goonman wasn't filling up and I think we regretted it by round 3. Why yes, pubbies, 3 of you should AWP mid, I'll hold A by myself. Why yes, pubbies, drop the bomb in spawn and leave it there while we rush B. And of course, please buy every single round -- you could only afford a galil and no armor? They don't stand a chance!

Goonman can be frustrating but it's still leagues above MM.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
To the surprise of probably nobody, Cache will be making an encore in the next Operation:

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Valve can gently caress themselves for making us re-pay for a map that should have went went free, considering it's a standard in ESEA or any sort of league play. Instead we get Overpass and Cbble for free, two mediocre Comp. maps that will never pop in a queue.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
This may be unpopular but now that I've played around with them I think the scoped ARs are pretty close to fine how they are. I think the aug's fire rate should be nerfed along with its scoped rate or its price brought up to maybe ~$4k while the sig is almost perfect how it is with its price maybe floating up to ~$3.5k.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

CS players are maybe 2nd to RTS players on the scale of bitching about balance and minor changes that offend your sensibilities.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Sylink posted:

CS players are maybe 2nd to RTS players on the scale of bitching about balance and minor changes that offend your sensibilities.

It's mostly due to how anal people are about keeping CS:whatever to be the same as CS 1.6. I'm talking about you guys too, CS:GOONs!!

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
I am new to CSGO why should I get these scoped rifles over an AK?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Sylink posted:

Have you played the game since the recent patch?

Slaapaav posted:

I am new to CSGO why should I get these scoped rifles over an AK?
Because they are better in every way if you can pick one up. They're basically CoD guns.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 8, 2014

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

mcvey posted:

Have you played the game since the recent patch?

Because they are better in every way if you can pick one up. They're basically CoD guns.

Yes, I have no complaints.

Babyface Mingo posted:

It's mostly due to how anal people are about keeping CS:whatever to be the same as CS 1.6. I'm talking about you guys too, CS:GOONs!!

So it seems. 1.6 still exists...if anyone really likes that :shrug:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Sylink posted:

Yes, I have no complaints.

you're poo poo, mate

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
I dont play cod so that doesn't explain it very well for me. What is a cod gun?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Slaapaav posted:

Go deathmatch with an AUG for 2 minutes.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
mcvey 1v1 me, you'll have an aug and i'll have a ak-47 fucker

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Slaapaav posted:

Where you can just point and click and get kills with zero finesse required.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

mcvey posted:

you're poo poo, mate

Sorry my opinion is different from yours. Condolences on your inability to deal with change.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Obviously it sucks right now but I would really like to see a CS with more than two tiers of weapons.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.
Here's the way I look at it.

I enjoy PC FPSes, COD, Battlefield, CS, TF2, whatever, I enjoy them all. The reason I love CS over all the others is because there's no "press here to win the game" option. Everything has it's strengths and weaknesses over everything else. The AK has power, the M4 has accuracy. The AWP has OHK, but can't move while shooting. Other games, COD, Battlefield, you can point at one loadout and go "well if you wanna do well, just use that".

Right now in CS:GO, the Aug is a "press here to win the game" button. It's not fun, it's the exact opposite of why a lot of people play CS. I love 1.6, and I think CS:GO would be better off trying to be more like 1.6, but I also welcome changes. I'm interested to see how the new grenade throws effect gameplay. I've come to like Cache, and Season. I like that pretty much every SMG is viable, I like that the pistols all have their uses. But other than the big three, AWP, AK, and M4 (which are balanced without being the same), there was no one gun on any team from any weapon set that was just a guaranteed win, right now there is.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Coleman posted:

I enjoy PC FPSes, COD, Battlefield, CS, TF2, whatever, I enjoy them all. The reason I love CS over all the others is because there's no "press here to win the game" option. Everything has it's strengths and weaknesses over everything else. The AK has power, the M4 has accuracy. The AWP has OHK, but can't move while shooting. Other games, COD, Battlefield, you can point at one loadout and go "well if you wanna do well, just use that".

Right now in CS:GO, the Aug is a "press here to win the game" button. It's not fun, it's the exact opposite of why a lot of people play CS. I love 1.6, and I think CS:GO would be better off trying to be more like 1.6, but I also welcome changes. I'm interested to see how the new grenade throws effect gameplay. I've come to like Cache, and Season. I like that pretty much every SMG is viable, I like that the pistols all have their uses. But other than the big three, AWP, AK, and M4 (which are balanced without being the same), there was no one gun on any team from any weapon set that was just a guaranteed win, right now there is.

Sorry you can't cope with change, maybe try to play better??

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Counterstrike has always had a problem with even gun usage rates. There's a lot of guns but usually one 'right pick' for any role. Anything that really stirs up usage rates or shakes up the AK/M4/AWP supremacy tends to rile people up quite a bit.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Necc0 posted:

Obviously it sucks right now but I would really like to see a CS with more than two tiers of weapons.

Bitches don't know how to use the FAMAS and Galil. I also use the m4a4 and m4a1 depending on the map. That's enough variety for me, personally. When it comes to rifles anyways.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
People are mad that a gun that costs more is better than a gun that costs less???

loving nerds!!!!! Get better.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

At least the Starcraft players post win rates for matchups when they talk about balance.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Coleman posted:

I mean I get your "no right gun" argument but the AK & M4 _are not_ alternatives. If you're T you buy AK, if you're CT you buy M4. There isn't some sort of "well do I want accuracy or power" tradeoff here, you pick the one-true-AR for your team and call it a day.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Cuntpunch posted:

I mean I get your "no right gun" argument but the AK & M4 _are not_ alternatives. If you're T you buy AK, if you're CT you buy M4. There isn't some sort of "well do I want accuracy or power" tradeoff here, you pick the one-true-AR for your team and call it a day.
But ask people if they'll pick up an M4 as a Terrorist, or an AK as a CT. Because there are some that will swap "just because they're on the other team", some that will always keep the weapon of the team they're on, and some that always prefer to have an M4 or AK when possible. The Autosnipers were improved and in the right situation, are viable over an AWP. The Famas and the Galil still can hold their own up against AKs and M4s in the right situations. The AUG isn't just better than the Krieg, and the AK, and the M4 it is overpowered. Right now if you see an Aug on the ground and don't already have one, you take it. That's not the balance of CS weapons.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Coleman posted:

But ask people if they'll pick up an M4 as a Terrorist, or an AK as a CT. Because there are some that will swap "just because they're on the other team", some that will always keep the weapon of the team they're on, and some that always prefer to have an M4 or AK when possible. The Autosnipers were improved and in the right situation, are viable over an AWP. The Famas and the Galil still can hold their own up against AKs and M4s in the right situations. The AUG isn't just better than the Krieg, and the AK, and the M4 it is overpowered. Right now if you see an Aug on the ground and don't already have one, you take it. That's not the balance of CS weapons.

No, you pick it up because it's a better gun (and hey, it also costs more).

I drop my M4/AK for an AWP. Not because it's overpowered, but y'know, because it's 'better'.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Babyface Mingo posted:

No, you pick it up because it's a better gun (and hey, it also costs more).

I drop my M4/AK for an AWP. Not because it's overpowered, but y'know, because it's 'better'.

Only $200 more than an A4. What's the point of the A4 now?

lol if you think the Aug buff is going to last to the end of next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

mcvey posted:

Only $200 more than an A4. What's the point of the A4 now?

Picking it up when you're 200$ too low for a AUG or if you want more smokes/frags/flashbangs over an AUG. :smug:

• Locked thread