Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nacon
May 7, 2005

Carecat posted:

Two of us didn't crash. Only the strongest Vauban survives!

Pay2Win

(because you bought more ram/better video card)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Carecat posted:

Two of us didn't crash. Only the strongest Vauban survives!

Well I just unlocked my Vauban, any tips on how to build him? I just kinda wanna sit back, have a beer or maybe a sandwich while my tesla and lesser frame friends do all the running and gunning. Was thinking energy siphon, flow, focus and constitution since I don't have continuity yet. Anything else I should be throwing in?

Cainer fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 8, 2014

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Streamline and Fleeting Expertise and Continuity.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Focus isn't strictly needed on Vauban since most of the utility of his abilities doesn't come from them doing damage (though it does increase the number of enemies that Bastille can affect). I'd consider replacing it with Streamline instead, and see if someone has a Continuity they'd be willing to give/trade to you. Stretch is also an option for increased Bastille radius and Tesla zap range.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Denzine posted:

Streamline and Fleeting Expertise and Continuity.

Alright so back to farming for fleeting expertise and continuity then, thanks.

Helter Skelter posted:

Focus isn't strictly needed on Vauban since most of the utility of his abilities doesn't come from them doing damage (though it does increase the number of enemies that Bastille can affect). I'd consider replacing it with Streamline instead, and see if someone has a Continuity they'd be willing to give/trade to you. Stretch is also an option for increased Bastille radius and Tesla zap range.

Also good advice, thanks.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 8, 2014

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/100210928@N08/12376610585/sizes/in/photostream/

Purportedly 3240x1920 resolution. Can't imagine this game that big.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Wow, you can't see poo poo for the ui in that.

Scale up your drat HUD.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
How to build Vauban:

Energy Siphon
Fleeting expertise
Streamline
Continuity
Narrow minded
Constitution
Bastille
Vortex
Flow

That leaves space for 2 mods like redirection or sprint stuff.

Esprit helmet is nice but not totally necessary. (You'll be at 465 energy with it)

Since you're locking down every mob ever, taking damage shouldn't be an issue at all. I can solo defenses and survivals for goddamn ever.

I've forma'd my Vauban 4 times so the levels of my mods are higher, but these mods are what you want.

I know Tesla and Bounce are fun, but they're both ultimately useless.

You want your Bastille small and long-lasting. If two Bastille touch they count as one, which is bad since Bastille only affects 12 guys. So you want to be able to have separate Bastille up.

Your bread and butter will be vortex. You will cast millions of vortices because they are super cheap. Also, it's not affected by range mods, so it works nicely with Narrow Minded.

Vauban is the best frame ever.

Doji Sekushi fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 8, 2014

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Terbulus posted:

Apparently the best place to get t3 ext keys is now .... t3 ext missions

I have just run three T3 Caps in a row, the rewards? 3 t3 cap keys so far .... :psyduck:

e: now 4 for 4

Ajax fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 8, 2014

ThugElectro
Jan 16, 2014

NUDIST BEACH
What would be the best build for Volt? Shock, Sprint, Overload, Flow, Continuity, Focus, Streamline, Constitution, Narrow Minded and Stretch to counter it, Grab the Volt Storm Helmet when I can? I just want to zap dudes dead.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

ThugElectro posted:

What would be the best build for Volt? Shock, Sprint, Overload, Flow, Continuity, Focus, Streamline, Constitution, Narrow Minded and Stretch to counter it, Grab the Volt Storm Helmet when I can? I just want to zap dudes dead.

You don't need Narrow Minded and Stretch then.

Get some tank.

Mine has--

Energy Siphon, Blind Rage, Focus, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, Vigor, Redirection, Flow, Shock, Overload, and Speed. (I switch out Fleeting Expertise for Shield every now and then.)

:EDIT: An image is more digestible for other people.

Kaldaris fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 8, 2014

ThugElectro
Jan 16, 2014

NUDIST BEACH

Kaldaris posted:

You don't need Narrow Minded and Stretch then.

Get some tank.

Mine has--

Energy Siphon, Blind Rage, Focus, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, Vigor, Redirection, Flow, Shock, Overload, and Speed. (I switch out Fleeting Expertise for Shield every now and then.)

Sounds good. I'll get right on it. Gonna need a few forma first though I think. Eh, I'll get there and I'll be the zappiest drat volt there ever was.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Survival on PC might be broken in a good way. It gave us prime BPs at 5 and 10 minutes.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
There's another Orokin reactor invasion up on PC. Hydra, Pluto.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

After mashing my face against the T2 Capture RNG for so long I've finally got the Ember Prime Chassis! :krakentoot: (Of course due to altered drop tables it now shows up in T1 MD.:eng101:)

Now I just need Fang Prime/Reaper Prime/Dakra Prime blades and the Braton Prime Receiver, and most of those are on survival or defense missions.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Elysiume posted:

There's another Orokin reactor invasion up on PC. Hydra, Pluto.

I have more reactors than frames now. Time to buy some slots I guess.

I wonder if they are intentionally increasing the supply of reactors/catalysts because the focus items are going to become the new rare bottleneck item?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
If anyone on PS4 has an extra energy siphon aura, feel free to throw it my way. Rifle Scavenger is good but I spend less time shooting and more time Rhino Stomping so Energy Siphon would work better if I could find it.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
Just had a mission during the pluto invasion where I didn't have shields. They didn't recharge and I took health damage every time I got shot, even though my teammates had them. What the gently caress.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Given how rare it is and how desirable it is to level up that might be a long shot.

pyromance posted:

Just had a mission during the pluto invasion where I didn't have shields. They didn't recharge and I took health damage every time I got shot, even though my teammates had them. What the gently caress.
Do you have one of those derelict vault keys equipped that gives you a handicap?

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
Nope. Figured it out. If you lose your shields in the outside the ship part of it and then teleport before they recharge, they just don't loving come back.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Jesus. I was running Interception (kill me) before that invasion alert popped up in chat. I immediately left on the next wave ending, and ran the invasion five times as quickly as humanly possible. Barely finished my fifth, and it's about to end. These things go fast.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Best place to farm rubedo? I need mountains of it.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Alteisen posted:

Best place to farm rubedo? I need mountains of it.

When farming (insert non-rare material here) go to a planet that has it available, pick a survival mission and continue playing until you have enough (insert non-rare material here).

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Also, since times immemorial the endless defense mission Valefor on Europa has had its drop table screwed up so 90% of what shows up is rubedo. I don't know if they ever fixed it.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Cowcaster posted:

Given how rare it is and how desirable it is to level up that might be a long shot.
I had a PILE of the loving things I was trying to straight up give to PS4 goons but I was ignored so I just sold them to pubbies. I doubt it but I may still have an extra. I'll look when I get on in a bit.

*Edit nope, only have one Energy Siphon now.

*Edit 2 Son of a BITCH! Missed a Vauban Systems alert 8 hours ago, the last part I need for him :(

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 8, 2014

RogueTM
Jul 8, 2004

Hmmmmm

pyromance posted:

Nope. Figured it out. If you lose your shields in the outside the ship part of it and then teleport before they recharge, they just don't loving come back.

And of course the very first thing you'll face coming out of the teleport is the hallway-of-heavies, fun for the whole family.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Just let me know, I won't be able to get on again until tomorrow sometime because it's my birthday and I'm leaving now to get trashed.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Question: Why is the Goon clan dojo relatively spartan? (I.e. No greater hall, barracks, etc)

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

ullerrm posted:

Question: Why is the Goon clan dojo relatively spartan? (I.e. No greater hall, barracks, etc)

We used to have all that in the last dojo, before we rebuilt it. It's useless stuff that serves only to get people lost. Better to have a small and utilitarian base, nobody is going there for sightseeing - and if they are, it's not more than once.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cowcaster posted:

Also, since times immemorial the endless defense mission Valefor on Europa has had its drop table screwed up so 90% of what shows up is rubedo. I don't know if they ever fixed it.

I'm a level 25 MAG frame, that's a bit out of my league.

I figured on survival, shame the pubbies are rear end, oh well, just gotta keep at it I guess.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Working up a paris right now, but eventually want to go for a paris prime.

Any tips and tricks for mods on bows?

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Coldbird posted:

We used to have all that in the last dojo, before we rebuilt it. It's useless stuff that serves only to get people lost. Better to have a small and utilitarian base, nobody is going there for sightseeing - and if they are, it's not more than once.

I think he's also talking about how we have a Moon? Clan (the bigger capacity one) without the proper barracks.

w00tmonger posted:

Working up a paris right now, but eventually want to go for a paris prime.

Any tips and tricks for mods on bows?

For damage mods just use the same as any rifle (Serration/Split Chamber + Elementals). +Reload speed decreases the time it takes to nock an arrow while +Fire Rate reduces charge time. Crit mods are pretty good for the Paris as well.

Thunderbolt is cool for infested missions but isn't really mandatory, so don't sweat it if you can't get one.

Also, try to resist the temptation of charging every single arrow you shoot (I know I couldn't at first, that damage...) if you want to kill things fast, sometimes an uncharged headshot will do the trick in 1/3 of the time. Also keep in mind that enemies that you kill and ragdoll with a fatal arrow will damage any enemies in the corpse's path.

Washin Tong fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 9, 2014

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Also, all bows have some innate punch through so you don't need to add any just to easily kill Shield Lancers.

e:

Doji Sekushi posted:

How to build Vauban:

Energy Siphon
Fleeting expertise
Streamline
Continuity
Narrow minded
Constitution
Bastille
Vortex
Flow

That leaves space for 2 mods like redirection or sprint stuff.

Esprit helmet is nice but not totally necessary. (You'll be at 465 energy with it)

Since you're locking down every mob ever, taking damage shouldn't be an issue at all. I can solo defenses and survivals for goddamn ever.

I've forma'd my Vauban 4 times so the levels of my mods are higher, but these mods are what you want.

I know Tesla and Bounce are fun, but they're both ultimately useless.

You want your Bastille small and long-lasting. If two Bastille touch they count as one, which is bad since Bastille only affects 12 guys. So you want to be able to have separate Bastille up.

Your bread and butter will be vortex. You will cast millions of vortices because they are super cheap. Also, it's not affected by range mods, so it works nicely with Narrow Minded.

Vauban is the best frame ever.

Also, Vauban's Bastille rewards area knowledge like a motherfucker. Once you get the hang of spotting the bottlenecks, you can shut down an entire mob of enemies with just one Bastille because the ones suspended in midair will physically block the ones behind.

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009

Doji Sekushi posted:

This is the first time I've heard this, are you sure this is correct? A quick search lead me to an Italian? wiki page but that was several updates behind (around Update10) and nothing on the standard wiki suggests anything like that?

I usually throw down 2 Bastille when on ODD on later waves to catch the mass of Infested and I'm pretty sure the total number of caught is correct for the multiple Bastille, even when directly on top of each other.

Grobbit fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 9, 2014

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I really, really like the style of Saryn, both visual and otherwise.

Is she garbage?

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Is Transmuting broken? I just transmuted 4 Rare mods and got... a Quickdraw.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Balon posted:

Nope, that's just how it works.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Is she garbage?

From my experience with Saryn(which is roughly half my total gametime so far, so I guess 7-8 hours?), she lives and dies around her ult, which is a fantastic AoE nuke. Her shed skin ability is alright at best it can save you if you are about to die but that is about it's only use, and her other two abilities are just about useless.

She is fairly tough(as in, healthwise) and forgiving and she was recommended to me from a friend as good starting frame to help learn the game with the combination of tankiness and her ult literally dissolving anything around you if you get into trouble, and after putting some time in I have to say I agree.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 9, 2014

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Balon posted:

It's broken as in it's a thing you should never do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Is she garbage?

Her Spores are trash. Her Molt is questionably useful. Her +Toxic on melee is garbage. (Partially on account of melee in general being bad right now. We'll see if this changes in the new melee system.) Her ult is fantastic.

The problem really is, she's just kind of a one-button warframe. But if you build around her ult, her one button is pretty darn good.

It just sucks on most robotics.