Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

RebBrownies posted:

Proud Mary makes me want to do push ups on the wing of Air Force 1. Best loving song.

Ike and Tina version, I hope?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RebBrownies
Aug 16, 2011

Crow Jane posted:

Ike and Tina version, I hope?

What else?!

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
what are your favorite guilty pleasure books everyone

I'm rereading The Lake of Dead Languages, it's a murder mystery with a lot of weird pagan sex and the climactic scene takes place on a frozen lake with the protagonist and antagonist on ice skates, and there are all these little digressions about Latin which is pretty cool

It's a mediocre and pretentious book but I love it anyway

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
i like the first couple of vampire chronicle books by anne rice

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

what are your favorite guilty pleasure books everyone

I'm rereading The Lake of Dead Languages, it's a murder mystery with a lot of weird pagan sex and the climactic scene takes place on a frozen lake with the protagonist and antagonist on ice skates, and there are all these little digressions about Latin which is pretty cool

It's a mediocre and pretentious book but I love it anyway

the entire discworld series, whenever I'm feeling down I'll grab one and read it, even though I've read them all multiple times

also, the bartimaeus trilogy which is YA as heck

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
I read the first Bartimaeus book a couple years back and thought it was fabulous, I read the second one as well but really wasn't as enthusiastic about it. I think it suffered from having less narration by Bartimaeus

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Fabulist posted:

I didn't read all of the pages I missed (been stupid busy) but I have more pics of my cat to share.

She tried to curl up against my side, between one of my arms and one of my legs, after I collapsed on the bed. To steal my body heat. I was in a position that didn't really give her enough room, so she ended up with one back paw next to her face. She decided to use the foot as a pillow. :3:

THOSE EYES. I love your cat so much. Please always take pictures of her for this thread.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Do any of you like to write? I'm writing a fantasy novel that mixes Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Game of Thrones. I'd also like to write a self-help book.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
you're pretty bad at this b.star

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I also have a black cat:

I...Ivan? Are you alright?

He's actually very cute, just not very photogenic

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm writing a book that centres on two friendly romani families in a far-future russia during a world war and environmental apocalypse caused both by the folly of man and by a crazy angel

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

i'm writing a book that centres on two friendly romani families in a far-future russia during a world war and environmental apocalypse caused both by the folly of man and by a crazy angel

that sounds like the sort of weird poo poo I'd read

crazy as in legit insane or crazy as in unpredictable?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Portals posted:

that sounds like the sort of weird poo poo I'd read

crazy as in legit insane or crazy as in unpredictable?
legit insane, it's been watching humanity gently caress themselves up for millenia and finally it just goes off the edge :(

idk if i'll ever get anything done with the book and it probably won't be any good, but it's about halfway through and it looks like i'll actually finish it so i guess that'll be some sort of achievement

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Crow Jane posted:

I also have a black cat:

I...Ivan? Are you alright?

He's actually very cute, just not very photogenic

Ivan is not amused.

Also poor Ivan looks like he's about to be murdered by some kind of demon doll behind him.

Wait...is it you who has the crazy awesome evil monkey thing?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
crow jane your cat and my dog have the same name

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Enfys posted:

Ivan is not amused.

Also poor Ivan looks like he's about to be murdered by some kind of demon doll behind him.

Wait...is it you who has the crazy awesome evil monkey thing?

Yup! His name's Leopold, and we're more like roommates

Avshalom posted:

crow jane your cat and my dog have the same name
:respek: Best name

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

i'm writing a raunchy romance novel about class war in a really mundane post-apocalyptic society

it's loosely based on "the wizard of oz" (book series not movie, books are way weirder) and there are voodoo ninja prostitutes in it

this applies

Avshalom posted:

idk if i'll ever get anything done with the book and it probably won't be any good, but it's about halfway through and it looks like i'll actually finish it so i guess that'll be some sort of achievement

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I got a picture of my blonde cat just for you ladies.

He is a fat gently caress but, as with his brother, they were adopted about 6 months ago so please don't judge me on that.

He is a cuddly fucker and his previous name was "Romeo" because he was so lovey. I hate that name and now call him "Rumbles" because when hes chill as poo poo and i rub his tummy/face he has a really deep pur that makes him rumble :3

The towel is changed about once a week and is there because he sheds about a pound of blonde hair in that given time frame even when combed. The reachy thingy is from my dad at christmas and has been sitting there for about 8 months sorry for the poor house cleaning.

I'll get some pics of his black furry skinny bro later. He's harder to shoot because he don't sit still nearly as much.

http://imgur.com/kH1hs9U

Fat bastard is still sitting like that but is now sleeping :3 he is a good catte.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 8, 2014

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

All of you have the beste cattes, please never stop posting them :3:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

does my fat catte past muster? he is really a sweet boy and i like him a bunch. its only been six months but I think i may be falling in love :3

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

fatte catte is fantastice, please shove your face into his belly for me

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

its very soft and hes totally into tummy rubs which is new to me... my cats as a child would claw/eat your face off if you tried to touch tummy.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

He is not fat he is pleasantly plump

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

http://imgur.com/hf7W6KS

:3:

he is totally a fat fucker don't lye. He is still an awesome lovey catte.

zoom in... he seems to have little freckles on his nose which is also cute as poo poo.

Do NOT go below if firearms are a trigger. My other favorite forum is the gun range as a target shooter.... and they have a catte thread.

Wendigee posted:

finally i am posting my tacticat!

sadly he seems a bit suicidal :X

Thankfully the gun was unloaded so he didn't succeed. I shall continue to give him massive huggies in an attempt to improve his mood.

http://i.imgur.com/MpZufdD.jpg

http://imgur.com/1IxSepr.jpg

His name is Rumbles because when I scratch his tum-tum he purs really deep and it makes his entire body rumble :3:

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 8, 2014

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

did i kill lady thread?

:worried thingy:

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Avshalom posted:

i'm writing a book that centres on two friendly romani families in a far-future russia

Will have inclusion of tarp and many dog, even in future, da?

(I have been reading the GBS Sochi thread forgive me)

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Wendigee posted:

did i kill lady thread?

I like your fat cat.

I have Chinese food and wine. I'm a happy lady ladythread. I do miss my kitties though. I don't like living in a no-pets apartment.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

you can remotely pet my catte by internet. post hand cuddling a thing and i will do that to rumbles. trust me he will love it, he is a complete whore for any kind of affection.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Wendigee posted:

you can remotely pet my catte by internet. post hand cuddling a thing and i will do that to rumbles. trust me he will love it, he is a complete whore for any kind of affection.

I'm nursing a hot water bottle, I can pretend it is a fat catte. I think if I fake pet it the housemate will have me committed though.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

catte 1

catte 2

camera phones

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Cattle 2 is a very pretty lady.

I think i at have already posted Callie cat but here she is again

She is also a pretty lady but she is horribly mean and fairly bitey when she doesn't get pets her exact way..

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
catte #2 chirrups when you whistle on her, it's the cutest thing

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

these are all great cats

currently eating the official food of college students, instant ramen

oh and wendigee you should put [img] tags around those links so we can see that cat better

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Wendigee posted:

did i kill lady thread?

naw, guns own

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

detectivemonkey posted:

MEN IN LADYTHREAD: has the patriarchy hurt you in this way?

Yogurt is good. Never been judged for eating it. I'm more likely to get mocked for my low tolerance for alcohol, but I don't care.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Shannonmcn posted:

Cattle 2 is a very pretty lady.

I think i at have already posted Callie cat but here she is again

She is also a pretty lady but she is horribly mean and fairly bitey when she doesn't get pets her exact way..

I have a cat named Cali. I got her in spain when she was just a kitten. She's 20 years old now, and hates everyone and everything except for me and my mom. She also hates my mom, and me.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
my favorite guilty pleasure book is children's classic Aliens Ate My Homework

not a joke

Bruce Coville forever :black101:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
also i finished my figment of art yaaayyy

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I don't have enough to shame to have guilty pleasures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
We lost power last night and the 1-2" of snow we were supposed to get turned into 12" and it was freaking cold and no heat so me and the kids all slept in my bed (until my son deuced out because he's 12 but 5'6" and 200 pounds and used to a big bed by himself) so my seven year old was in my face at 0630 to wake me up and I have to go buy food today and they don't plow the roads (because it only snows like, once a year and usually never sticks.) This is not the best day. I think I might do my taxes though, after I walk to the store.

• Locked thread