Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Treguna Mekoides
Jun 17, 2008

A witch is always a lady except when circumstances dictate otherwise.

uglynoodles posted:

Why do these stories so often end in such a rapey way? As you know Denise tried a little of it on with me. These things so often encompass non consensual encounters it's got to be for a related reason.

I think because to want to be something more than human, to set yourself apart and be special, you need to lack human empathy on a fundamental level, so if you're a super special princess, you probably don't understand consent.

I'm sorry it's a creepy story, it's just a completely ridiculous story, too. That movie wasn't even good. It's darkly humorous to me that they chose little ol me to be a stand in for a studly dead reincarnating prince. :wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

well that's really horrible

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

Corridor posted:

well that's really horrible

Almost as horrifying as what happened to your avatar. :stare:

Sorry you had to go through all that Treguna, what's changed since you've been diagnosed? Do you still lose time like you used to or has that improved?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Wait who was Riley

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.

uglynoodles posted:

Why do these stories so often end in such a rapey way? As you know Denise tried a little of it on with me. These things so often encompass non consensual encounters it's got to be for a related reason.

These are teenagers who are developing sexually, and that combined with untreated mental illness and an unhealthy environment can lead to horrible results.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Wait who was Riley

Yeah, I was a little lost on that one myself.

As for the story itself, yikes. I'm glad my occult-fascination stage was shared with girls who were also into older boys and making prank phone calls.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Wait who was Riley

The little brother of the chick who hosted the sleepover. 13 years old, Treguna wore his clothes for the "channeling."

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Treguna Mekoides posted:

Let me back up. See, I'm not sure why, but I've often genuinely lost time before. I don't have DID or schizophrenia as far as I know, but sometimes I dissociate or "zonk out" and come to and get a little freaked out. It was worse when I was younger. I genuinely have a hard time with longterm memory and sometimes I don't remember conversations or incidents my friends do; none of these are conveniently times I've hosed up, but all kinds of events, sober ones. I've always struggled with this. I have no idea what causes this. My former therapist was uncertain herself.
I have no idea what your psychological issues are, but this is a classic description of seizures. You should really get an actual medical workup for this.

Treguna Mekoides
Jun 17, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

I have no idea what your psychological issues are, but this is a classic description of seizures. You should really get an actual medical workup for this.

Oh my, thank you for some insight. I've never had seizures most people think of, petite mal and grand mal, and I've never had trouble watching overwhelming, bizarre video. It seems to have no trigger except sometimes I can get very involved in a thought/obsessive mode of thinking and realize I've kind of sat there or stood there for an extended amount of time and need a moment to ground myself. I don't drive and I always figured it was "hyperfocusing."

Now I'm freaked out. :ohdear:

I have a much happier, awkward story for Mallory that involves her trying to seduce some random lacrosse guy ~*with love potions and her angel powerz*~. He just wasn't getting it. I'll write it up.

Treguna Mekoides fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 9, 2014

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Not all seizures are triggered by flashing lights.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

uglynoodles posted:

Because when you're a horny teenager, the paths are many and varied, but they all lead to the same destination - sex!

crowfeathers posted:

Not all seizures are triggered by flashing lights.

And not all seizures are shaking spells. Some can be just a series of repetitive motions as innocuous as repeatedly adjusting the headphones of your walkman... for 15 minutes. It definitely could be seizures. I don't understand why your psychologist wouldn't have thought of it, though.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

My sister had a seizure on New Year's Eve (she had a brain aneurysm but is fine now) and the symptoms were: she sat down abruptly, her eyes opened really wide, and she was unresponsive for about thirty seconds before telling my brother-in-law "Don't call the ambulance. Don't call the ambulance." She has no memory of this and thought she had lost consciousness briefly.

Seizures can really present in a lot of different, weird as hell ways depending on what part of your brain is being affected. You should definitely talk to a neurologist. Plus, you may find that if you have a neurological disorder of some kind that getting it treated will help you with psych stuff.

Besides, going to the neuro is kind of fun in a weird way - they make you squeeze their hands, and touch your nose, and a bunch of goofy stuff that tells them if your brain is broken. I haven't been in years because my migraines are under control, but now I need to go back because it turns out the thing that caused my sister's aneurysm is hereditary...

Treguna Mekoides
Jun 17, 2008

I can tell a quick anecdote about a friend of Bridget, "Janine." Janine was nowhere as delusional as Mallory, who later got a bipolar/schizotypal diagnosis. Janine was merely manipulative as hell as well as probably having some personality disorder. She loved to call me up in the middle of the night (as I fully admit to being a pushover until I told all these girls to gently caress off) and sob about her five internet boyfriends being mean and threatening to drink...baby shampoo? Can you even die from drinking a whole bottle of baby shampoo?

Walt Disney was OK, but your fedora makes me wet.

Janine was a classic "attention whore," though I feel weird using that phrase. She also had the most bizarre build I've ever seen in an otherwise normal person. She had a tiny, perfectly round head and tiny hands almost as small as my own, despite being several inches taller (I'm 4' 11" and was back in high school, too) while her arms were shaped like a starfish's and very puffy with fat. Her entire middle was round and her breasts were almost non-existent except her shoulders were also very pronounced. I don't know if she just wore a horribly sized bra, but she looked like a fat Balrog, all tiny waist and legs with puffy upper body. I know this seems mean, but it was just...bizarre, because she often did winky, flirtatious things and threatened to steal my then-boyfriend away from me. She was a natural redhead and despite being built like a half-melted Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man with a fourth of the charm, she was convinced men "loved redheads" and her "fat titties" would make any man melt.

OK, so maybe she was just as delusional as Mallory.

See, Janine wanted my boyfriend. She thought his uniquely psychotic, cruel behavior belied a tragic heart and backstory, and that the way he stalked me, tried to control me, and was generally just unkind was "kinky" and "romantic." (I dumped him shortly after when I realized "gently caress this, he's a nutcase". I have several WTF stories of "Jules" but he scared the gently caress out of me and it's not really funny, unless people are OK with not funny WTFness.) To his credit, Jules felt nauseated by Janine's poor show of friendship and did not join redhead bombshell yaoi princess' boy harem. That was the one sane thing he ever did during our brief relationship.

So, yes, Janine felt my DV was romantic. That's all you need to know about her. She would flirt heavily with my boyfriend during lunch and always take his side. She would not bathe for a day or two so her "feminine musk" would seduce him. She smelled...bad. Really bad. I severed as best I could despite sharing many mutual friends with her, or rather, mutual "people too Geek Social Fallacy to tell her to gently caress off when she invites herself everywhere despite not being able to pay."

Janine was loving bonkers. And then she did something so goddamn ridiculous she basically ruined any goodwill we had.

Janine was in marching band with one of my best friends, whose only crime in our high school years was to put up with our bullshit. Janine whined about her asthma and her flat feet and her fat until she got out of practicing usually, and played the triangle. Yes, the triangle. To get her to shut the gently caress up about her mysterious "learning disability" that meant she never had to do gently caress-all in school.

Janine would read yaoi fanfic on her cellphone (back before smartphones) while scrolling three lines at a time on her lovely flip phone browser and complain about my best friend, "Natalie," practicing her trombone "too loudly" in the practice room for her to "concentrate on the hawtness."

When the entire band got to go to Disney World for some big important competition, Janine whined until she got to go too, even though her mother couldn't pay, because we all pitched in and helped her pay for the multi-hundred dollar ticket because lol our high school wasn't going to cover for the marching band to perform but happily take the credit for them winning.

I was in choir, as I said before, so this is all second-hand from Natalie. Natalie is an honest, kind, loyal friend and so I trust her. Also I heard the same story corroborated by other marching band kids as well as chaperones and the instructor.

Natalie and Janine shared a room at Disney World, being "besties" even though Janine treated everyone like poo poo until she wanted anything. Natalie and Janine have a pretty good time at Disney World with classmates despite Janine frantically texting on her flip phone the whole time, this being 2005. Natalie suspects some Janine chicanery, so she asks Janine to come clean. Janine bursts into tears and wails and makes a scene, saying she's talking to her mom (when her and her mother basically have the most mutually manipulative, bullshit relationship ever) and "WHYYYYY D-D-DON'T YOU TRUUUUST MEEEEE."

Natalie lets it drop...and wakes up in the middle of the night and sees Janine's bed looks really neat. She turns on the light and sees a ton of pillows--too many just to come from their room--all piled up with a UFO catcher doll off Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing scowling up at her from under the covers.

A 17 year old girl thought the ol' "make a fake person out of bedclothes" would work.

Janine was nowhere to be found. Despite girls and boys being on separate floors and having many, many parents and teachers chaperoning, waddling, dim-bulb Janine managed to slip out undetected. Police and hotel staff were called. Natalie cried worrying that her (terrible) friend was lost outside in a 100 degree summer heat she wasn't used to and being stupid.

What we didn't know ahead of time was Janine had no interest in the marching band or even Disney World. She was using a (gift) ticket to a once-in-a-lifetime junior competition to meet up with one of her e-boyfriends who lived nearby in some bullshit Florida town.

She had us, her friends, none of us big spenders, pay for her plane ticket and park ticket and hotel room so she could sneak out and get laid. Local police were contacted and a search was put out when someone realized a mentally unstable, suicidal, manipulative teen was lost in the park or elsewhere. Police pulled overtime and a search party went out across the park because Disney takes park safety really loving seriously.

Two days later a cop found Janine sucking off some doughy neckbeard in the back of a Taurus that smelled of cat piss and was filled with MTG cards, in a fast food parking lot because his parents were religious and their ridiculous "totally heartfelt" Master/slave relationship was apparently not kosher with them. How unfair! Also some random girl from the internet wanted to gently caress their weird son and his parents got pissy and threw them out.

Janine thought this was just fine and they had spent several days just driving around, loving awkwardly in the backseat, and eating junkfood because "A roadtrip is so romantic." :schlick:

Natalie tells me she slapped Janine and Janine sobbed because "No one understands how much I love Bobby!" and tried to drink a ton of milk or something to "get poisoning" and ended up spending the night after the competition in the hospital having her stomach pumped of all the bullshit she'd eaten as well as the milk.

When Janine got back into town, her mom tried to sue the school for allowing her daughter to be an underhanded crazy sexhaver.

Janine blissfully received no real punishment though she dropped marching band and proceeded to join choir to "further her idol career." She sounded like a cat dying.

Oh and Bobby sent her a crusty bullet vibe in the mail and she proudly talked about how romantic that was.

Her mom was single and generally just more friend that mother, so I have no idea where she got these bizarre notions about love and sex.

To her credit, Mallory thought this whole sexcapade was disgusting. "How could you cheat on your dead soulmate Racetrack this way?"

:psyboom:

Treguna Mekoides fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 5, 2014

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
That is the best, funniest, grossest story this thread has seen in a long time.

And seriously, don't worry about bringing the thread down or anything like that. The stories in this thread are always amusing, but most are propelled by an undercurrent of poo poo. It's almost like everyone in this thread with a good story earned that perfect anecdote by putting up with a lot of really unpleasant and sometimes painful BS. It'd be gross of the rest of us to say "No, don't tell any of that sad stuff that traumatized you. Get back to making me laugh!" This thread has proved to be kind of a mix of a bizarre freakshow collection and therapeutic catharsis support group.

Tell any story you want to and feel comfortable telling, don't worry about the rest of us. If you were able to handle the real-life horror, we can handle the words summarizing it.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer

Treguna Mekoides posted:

Janine whined about her asthma and her flat feet and her fat until she got out of practicing usually, and played the triangle. Yes, the triangle.

Hahaha what the hell, I'm pretty sure that my marching band's triangle player stood up front with the rest of the percussion pit and also played six other small handheld instruments (maracas, tambourine, cowbell, etc.) as needed. Our percussion players always griped about how easy their practice was and how they actually wished they could go outside and march around with the rest of us even during the August heat waves. Flat feet are no excuse, Dr. Scholl's gel inserts fit in marching shoes too!

Treguna Mekoides posted:

Two days later a cop found Janine sucking off some doughy neckbeard in the back of a Taurus that smelled of cat piss and was filled with MTG cards, in a fast food parking lot because his parents were religious and their ridiculous "totally heartfelt" Master/slave relationship was apparently not kosher with them. How unfair! Also some random girl from the internet wanted to gently caress their weird son and his parents got pissy and threw them out.

This is truly a thing of beauty. Also, what's with these girls and Heero Yuy? I just did a Google search and he looks like he's 14 and constipated. Or Gary Oak if he dropped out of Pokemon battling to become a track star.

Treguna Mekoides
Jun 17, 2008

TunaSpleen posted:

Hahaha what the hell, I'm pretty sure that my marching band's triangle player stood up front with the rest of the percussion pit and also played six other small handheld instruments (maracas, tambourine, cowbell, etc.) as needed. Our percussion players always griped about how easy their practice was and how they actually wished they could go outside and march around with the rest of us even during the August heat waves. Flat feet are no excuse, Dr. Scholl's gel inserts fit in marching shoes too!

This is truly a thing of beauty. Also, what's with these girls and Heero Yuy? I just did a Google search and he looks like he's 14 and constipated. Or Gary Oak if he dropped out of Pokemon battling to become a track star.

Our "deads" (percussion and, like, tuba?) section had those weird backpack harness things that let one wear his or her drums and xylophone or whatever like a calypso steel drum. I honestly don't really know how it all worked, as I went to one football game ever and wasn't in the band. Janine basically was such a known bullshitter that most teachers didn't bother wasting time on her, which probably didn't help her self-esteem if she was being honest with herself. She just coasted through. She also had the temerity to suggest it was discrimination (the hardcore tumblr set would call it ableism) for our teachers to expect her to actually write in English/creative writing courses. She was like a Troper. Her favorite (and therefore the omg best eva) books were the Laurel K. Hamilton "gently caress werewolves, collect powers like pokemon" Anita Blake series, which I got three books into before "funny, campy urban fantasy" gave way to "awkward, unrealistic BDSM and creepy sex." Janine went to /cons/ for her creepy romance novels, which were creepy well before 50 Shades existed.

....And, no, I do not grok the Gundam Wing thing. I liked the show because it was all witty to 15 year old me and filled with political intrigue, but I don't remember finding the characters hot so much as wishing I could make them soup and comfort them. I liked the characters, but even as a teenager they seemed creepy and sad, not hot. Also I had a raging, silent crush on Natalie, but I had the decency to not hold it against her, so I had that going for me.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
For the Heero Yuy thing (from what I can remember anyway) he's a stereotypical emotionless/driven guy, who is roughly their age who is misunderstood by everyone yet has some sort of deep dark depth to him that only that special someone might be able to bring out. In Wing Zero it's..the school president, or something like that I think. In 'my animes!' people it's themselves. They're the special one.

Seriously, I bet if anyone researched this, that would be a theme that cropped up. Brooding guys with a secret are obsessed over.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

sweeperbravo posted:

IIt'd be gross of the rest of us to say "No, don't tell any of that sad stuff that traumatized you. Get back to making me laugh!"

Nnnnnnno it wouldn't? This is an entertaining story thread, not a thread for e/n therapy. I'm glad these posts are cathartic for so many and I can understand why, and as a past victim myself I'm also sorry as hell for those of you who were subjected to sexual abuse and DV. I don't mind if that poo poo pops up in stories sometimes because insane delusions are often escapism from lovely lives. But if the thread is gonna take a turn from laughing at bishi-bangin' otakus into just straight up giving vent to our stories of horrific childhood trauma then let me know so I can stop reading. There are plenty of other places online to share that stuff, and I avoid reading those places too because I they'd make me wanna loving kill myself.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Corridor posted:

Nnnnnnno it wouldn't? This is an entertaining story thread, not a thread for e/n therapy. I'm glad these posts are cathartic for so many and I can understand why, and as a past victim myself I'm also sorry as hell for those of you who were subjected to sexual abuse and DV. I don't mind if that poo poo pops up in stories sometimes because insane delusions are often escapism from lovely lives. But if the thread is gonna take a turn from laughing at bishi-bangin' otakus into just straight up giving vent to our stories of horrific childhood trauma then let me know so I can stop reading. There are plenty of other places online to share that stuff, and I avoid reading those places too because I they'd make me wanna loving kill myself.

Oh, if a story is going to be like the seventh circle of hosed up, a warning is certainly warranted. I didn't mean to suggest otherwise, honest.

I dunno. I just feel kind of weird telling people what they can and can't tell in this thread. It's mostly been entertaining stuff, but there was a stream for a little bit of pretty :smith: stories, I think a lot of that just kind of comes with the territory because of how close you have to come to the figurative flame in order to get these stories in the first place.

Maybe I'm wrong though. I dunno. Post whatever, or don't post whatever. I guess I shouldn't have said anything.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
Edit: Actually... I'd rather just not talk about this yet. :| Sorry.

That Damn Satyr fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 11, 2014

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

That drat Satyr posted:

Edit: Actually... I'd rather just not talk about this yet. :| Sorry.

Hey, hey, don't fret about it. None of us want you to talk about something that makes you really upset. I'd never actually want someone to legit hurt for my fleeting amusement.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Treguna Mekoides posted:

Some awful stuff

Sup OCD goon buddy :unsmith::respek::unsmith:

I actually had a similar experience that, soon as I can drudge up the proper memories, I'll share with y'all. Oddly, it was all dudes involved, which doesn't seem to be the norm for the thread, and involved a lot of recovered past life memories/"real world" stuff.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

DicktheCat posted:

Hey, hey, don't fret about it. None of us want you to talk about something that makes you really upset. I'd never actually want someone to legit hurt for my fleeting amusement.

It's honestly really more of a 'not quite sure this even fits in the thread' type story about an amazing internet stalker that's decided to suddenly make things real life and terrifying. :/

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

That drat Satyr posted:

It's honestly really more of a 'not quite sure this even fits in the thread' type story about an amazing internet stalker that's decided to suddenly make things real life and terrifying. :/

I happened to read your post before you cleared it and yeah, it didn't really feel like the kind of story for this thread. I hope you get through it soon.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

That drat Satyr posted:

Like nielsm I also read it, and didn't respond at first because I didn't know what to say, other than I hope things get better and that the people whose job it is to keep you safe are able to do that.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

That drat Satyr posted:

I know I know you irl but honestly it's probably better not to post it here since this forum is public sometimes and there's a possibility of her tracking it down somehow because she is just that crazy.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

moerketid posted:

I know I know you irl but honestly it's probably better not to post it here since this forum is public sometimes and there's a possibility of her tracking it down somehow because she is just that crazy.

Yep, exactly.

Bubble_Princess
Dec 25, 2013
Ooo boy, I have been reading this thread from start to finish and while it has taken me a while, a lot of these stories has brought up memories for me I have long thought I have suppressed. I'll have to write up a few but they are under such title as.

You and I, we are both demons and I'm going to call you 'Mother'

Princess, you are really dating God

Hosts, Drama and the Government

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
That second one... oh good grief. That's the sign to gtfo as fast as your legs can carry you.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Bubble_Princess posted:

Ooo boy, I have been reading this thread from start to finish and while it has taken me a while, a lot of these stories has brought up memories for me I have long thought I have suppressed. I'll have to write up a few but they are under such title as.

You and I, we are both demons and I'm going to call you 'Mother'

Hosts, Drama and the Government

:justpost:

Bubble_Princess
Dec 25, 2013

I figured this story I would start out with since it was sort of the root of the whole issue. I want to point out before I start that this happened many many years ago when I was a young Bubble and since then cut all ties with said people.

Back when I was in high school, I was seriously struggling with my sexuality and my place in the scheme of things. I was feeling attracted to girls yet my parents being the uber Christians that they are shoved it down my throat that it was wrong, I was confused same old same old. So to appease them, I started dating this guy I kinda knew through other friends.

For the first couple of months, he seemed pretty normal we liked the same geeky things like anime and video games so we at least had things to talk about. After a while he introduced me to his friends, and oh god his friends. While a couple were very normal people, one I still communicate with when I can, the others were... nuts.

From what I can remember, there like... four or five guys and four girls, I hung out with them quite a bit at one girl's house I'll call Carol. Carol was always happy to have people over and I always got a feeling of every time I was there something was being hidden from me, they would joke and laugh about things I didn't understand. I assumed they were talking about some show until one day they all sat me down for a talk, my boyfriend with us beaming, they told me.

"Princess, we've wanted to tell you for a while and we think you're ready now. The truth is, we are reincarnations of gods and inside us we host the spirits of our past lives. [Boyfriend's name] is the leader of us, and we knew he found you because you are the reincarnation of his lost lover who died tragically in our first lives. With some training you can talk to her like we can ours."

I would like to say I left right about then, but at the time I couldn't, I was a few hours away from home and I really didn't feel like picking up the phone and calling my parents telling them my new friends were acting like some kind of cult. I never really had much of a backbone growing up, so instead my answer was. 'Okay.....'

They went on to tell me of all the different gods, all with really anime sounding names and appearances and some of their back stories. After a while, it seemed less and less real and more like a story so I simply thought they were making some kind of group story or something and they weren't just filling me in on that part because they wanted someone to come up with another character. Getting a bit more into it, thinking it was indeed a story, I created the lost love character, wasn't that hard since I was given a name, appearance and gist of the back story I was even having fun with it on some extent.

It was a few weeks later I actually got to meet the Lead God himself.

I was on a date with my boyfriend and we were discussing the characters, he was trying to extract more info of what I came up with this goddess character until he asked me. 'Would you like to meet [Insert stupid anime sounding name]?'

I was caught off guard by this but I answered yes, wondering what the holy hell would happen. He simply nodded at me before he seemed to just.. pass out on the floor. I was a little worried as we were alone and I thought he had hurt himself before he got back up, looked around the room a bit like he didn't realize where he was. When he looked to me however, he smiled and spoke in a much deeper but friendly tone addressing me as the name of the goddess character. He commented that I had looked different than he last remember but was still beautiful none the less. I can't really remember where that conversation went cause I felt kinda stupid as it went on but the more and more we dated, the more and more I saw of this leader. I'll post more, though they will be a little out of order and a bit scattered cause I am trying to remember a lot of stuff that happened but bear with me, I'll get it out.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

He flumphed onto the floor oh my gosh :laffo: You'd think he'd be used to switching between himself and Supergod? Like maybe sit down beforehand. I can't wait for the third story. Does it have anything to do with traveling to glorious Nippon and doing weird poo poo in the host's house? Wasn't there someone earlier in the thread who's friend did that? Or maybe I'm thinking of someone from that weeaboo stories tumblr.

Bubble_Princess
Dec 25, 2013
Host, Drama and the Government

This ties in shortly after meeting the Lead God with the stupid name. While I was very weirded out by what transpired I tried to shrug it off because.... well I was young and stupid and still wanted to keep dating this guy to appease my parents no matter how weird his tales might have been. During this time I learned more about the other people gods. Apparently there was like... 11 or them or 15, I can't remember but there were a lot and they were all based around an element, cause apparently the sun is an element as is ice, fire, time, etc etc.

Parties consisted of these gods coming out, all with really anime sounding names to bicker with each other like teenagers (Did I mention this all happened in high school?) cause apparently there were issues like two hosts were dating, but the gods they were the hosts of were past lovers of some other god in another body, seriously I could have written all this down and made a soap opera. There was also drama like one god killed another in a past life for power and the victim was really angry at his or her murderer and that caused a new kind of tension, kind of really uncomfortable.

As time went on, the more and more people talked they started to have these conversations in public but instead of, you know, taking the conversation somewhere private, they grew paranoid that people were listening in on them. The Lead God informed them since they were all hosts, they all had the ability to tap into their god's 'element' and use such power. He was also certain that the government would want their hands of someone with such abilities so they had to be -extra- careful. Like Lead God was a duel elemental god of Ice/Time (He was the only .... I do not know how that happened so I won't explain it, but apparently his power he could tap into was ice the most which caused him to be able to... drop the temperature in a room... yes the government would totally be over this guy to harness the power... to replace air conditioners I guess?

He kept rambling to me about seeing things like men in dark suits and helicopters, but we did live in a city and I did point out to him there was an airport in said city but no, he was convinced that the government was out for his soul. This went on for a while but the group found a 'solution' to the problem was whenever they were talking about the gods, they threw out random TT jargon to make it seem like the were discussing a game.

As the 'gods' became more in depth, the more I found out these sounds like bad plots from Inuyasha and Yu-Gi-Oh, complete with each god having a 'dark side' to them. I won't go too much into those but facing the Lead God's so called 'dark side' almost got the life choked out of me. Now I am sure people will ask why I didn't run away at that moment but at that point I was scared of death of that guy and if he could do that to me and 'didn't mean it' I was terrified of what he could do if he did mean it.

Up next:

Princess! You are the Moon Princess Goddess!

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer
1. Doodle these anime god characters in MSPaint
2. Slap it on the Internet
3. Ask random strangers what to make them do next
4. ???
5. Profit

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I wonder if, in these kind of group delusion situations, maybe just one of them truly believes that he is possessed/reincarnated/whatever, and the rest just pretend because they think that every other member of the group is really that thing they claim to be and don't want to be left out.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

lol @ all these magical god-being reincarnations having little baby tantrums with each other over stupid pointless poo poo. although from what i've read of the pantheon it's probably not too far off.

disturbing number of kids dating psycho creeps to appease their weird parents :(

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Rexides posted:

I wonder if, in these kind of group delusion situations, maybe just one of them truly believes that he is possessed/reincarnated/whatever, and the rest just pretend because they think that every other member of the group is really that thing they claim to be and don't want to be left out.

This kind of reminds me of an old experiment - they got five chimps in a room and stuck bananas at the top of a ladder, but throw cold water on them every time one of them climbed the ladder. Pretty soon they're beating up anychimp who climbs the ladder. They stop spraying them and start rotating in new chimps. Eventually you end up with five chimps who have never been soaked who still beat up anyone who tries to get the ladder because that's just what you do right??

In the same way I guess delusions like this could be passed on for years after the initial soulbonded godhost leaves / is incarcerated. The words "meme" and "viral" have been pounded into oblivion by now, which is a pity, because this is actually a pretty fitting use for them.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Freudian posted:

This kind of reminds me of an old experiment - they got five chimps in a room and stuck bananas at the top of a ladder, but throw cold water on them every time one of them climbed the ladder. Pretty soon they're beating up anychimp who climbs the ladder. They stop spraying them and start rotating in new chimps. Eventually you end up with five chimps who have never been soaked who still beat up anyone who tries to get the ladder because that's just what you do right??

In the same way I guess delusions like this could be passed on for years after the initial soulbonded godhost leaves / is incarcerated. The words "meme" and "viral" have been pounded into oblivion by now, which is a pity, because this is actually a pretty fitting use for them.

That experiment was probably never, ever conducted and is instead an example of shitthatdidnthappen.txt put into some kind of business/self-help book used to help make whatever point it was trying to. Second answer.

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof

Buried alive posted:

That experiment was probably never, ever conducted and is instead an example of shitthatdidnthappen.txt put into some kind of business/self-help book used to help make whatever point it was trying to. Second answer.

Plus, the point it's trying to make (I think) is that mimicking behaviours have no actual basis in necessity. On the contrary, ladder-climbers are historically proven to cause water spraying, even if these monkeys were never sprayed. Or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Marley Wants More posted:

Plus, the point it's trying to make (I think) is that mimicking behaviours have no actual basis in necessity. On the contrary, ladder-climbers are historically proven to cause water spraying, even if these monkeys were never sprayed. Or whatever.

Pretty much, that study shows more the monkeys' ability to learn from watching others than any kind of "they're sheeple" thing.

Personally, if I watched a group of people get repeatedly shocked whenever someone touched a button in the middle of a room, I would smack the first guy dumb enough to touch the button when our turn came.

• Locked thread