Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

scorpiobean posted:

It dog powered elevator.

...must need new dog.

From what I'm seeing, nobody in Sotchi needs brake, hence the brakewoman would not be a big loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Did you know that Russia has a black athlete in curling?

Curling owns

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Which is supposed to be the black one?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

French guy just DNF'd the downslope, can't wait for the gif of him braking at high speed, it was pretty awesome.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

FrozenVent posted:

From what I'm seeing, nobody in Sotchi needs brake, hence the brakewoman would not be a big loss.

Of course not, that's what the tarps are for. Tarp provide much drag, great for braking.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Back to exciting door-chat. Why didnt he make a smaller hole, put his hand through and unlock the door?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

FrozenVent posted:

French guy just DNF'd the downslope, can't wait for the gif of him braking at high speed, it was pretty awesome.

that was a brutal bump, i'm surprised he didn't eat it

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Fauxtool posted:

Back to exciting door-chat. Why didnt he make a smaller hole, put his hand through and unlock the door?

Erh, it's a toilet. Even in Sochi I think you open the lock from the inside, not outside.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!

Fauxtool posted:

If you need to make a hole a door you don't half rear end it. Once you've made up your mind to go through a door no matter what, your only concern is doing it in as bad rear end a manner as possible.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

DSauer posted:

If you need to make a hole a door you don't half rear end it. Once you've made up your mind to go through a door no matter what your only concern is doing it in rear end bad rear end a manner as possible.

He could have made his exit through the wall and not the door, though. If I understand anything about construction techniques the wall is made of loose bricks.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Fauxtool posted:

roid rage.

or the handle was hosed on both sides i dont know.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

"Where did that lead come from, so early in the race - Sixth tenth of a second, he's got some time to play with now."

...I should have been a sports commentator.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Fauxtool posted:

Why didn't he kick out the bottom of the door, rather than trying to go through the middle? Then he would have still had half a door, and been able to use the bathroom for the rest of his stay without everyone in the room being able to see him poop. Kicking the bottom might even have warped the door enough to pop it open without a hole.

Why didn't he just sit back and wait for someone to come by? From what we've seen the quarters are pretty crowded, nobody gets a private room, so someone would have been bound to come around within a few hours. Surely if he had made some noise stray dogs would have come to dig him out before long.

Why didn't he simply pull aside the tarp ceiling and crawl through to the next room from up there? :iiam:

As for the door, it may not have been locked. It could have been jammed. So trying to turn the door from the outside wouldn't help. Despite the incredibly high construction standards, mistakes can happen.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Breaking a door is like crashing a car, once you've started it's hard to precisely control the extent of the damage.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Why didn't he just kick down the door like a total badass?

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

The door looks like it was made out of cardboard, he probably only meant to make a small hole and the whole thing just came apart.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sudo Echo posted:

The door looks like it was made out of cardboard, he probably only meant to make a small hole and the whole thing just came apart.

That's not how cardboard works so it's probably also not how cardboard doors work.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

I had assumed that the door was assembled that way and he just climbed out.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
maybe he had an insatiable lust for honey

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I'd imagine he was just really loving fed up with the russian bullshit and, being pissed off and naked was just like gently caress it and started pummeling the door with his fists.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Why didn't he just climb up and over the door?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Maybe that's the way he's been opening doors his whole life

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

They say that the best door is the one you never have to kick. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the door you only have to kick once. That's how papa did it, that's how Russia does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

God, those landings sounded like they hurt.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I am sad about Osborne-Paradis :(

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

the face of the guy in the background

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Serious question.

How the hell can you set a world record when each course is radically different?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bro Dad posted:

the face of the guy in the background

Are those centerpieces . . . grass?

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Angela Christine posted:

Are those centerpieces . . . grass?

it's in

or rather, it was in a while ago, dunno if it's still in

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

My kid had asked us what we were laughing at so much while we were reading this thread, so we told her all about the shoddy hotels, the death courses, the dogs. She went off to play with some modeling clay, and a little while later produced this:

Sochi dogs! So cute and friendly!

...until one of the skiers eats it on a jump.

"He's screaming and holding his knee!" She chirps helpfully.

And, apparently, trying to fend off the starving dogs with one of his ski poles. :pwn:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I like the red and black hellhound

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Velvet Sparrow posted:

My kid had asked us what we were laughing at so much while we were reading this thread, so we told her all about the shoddy hotels, the death courses, the dogs. She went off to play with some modeling clay, and a little while later produced this:

Apparently, trying to fend off the starving dogs with one of his ski poles. :pwn:

Your daughter is the best. I demand more clay carnage. Blood for the blood God.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Velvet Sparrow posted:

And, apparently, trying to fend off the starving dogs with one of his ski poles. :pwn:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

scorpiobean posted:

It dog powered elevator.

...must need new dog.

Is apologies. Havink technical dogficulties

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Velvet Sparrow posted:

I don't like your child's take on the Spiderman Olympics

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Cucktales Blogger posted:

:siren: Race delayed due to broken gondolas :siren:

We go live now to the Sochi Winter Olympics. Gondola crews are doing all they can to fix malfunctioning cables

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Holy gently caress. How did she survive that?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Velvet Sparrow posted:

The radioactive green/pink dogs are highly realistic

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

7thBatallion posted:

Holy gently caress. How did she survive that?

That helmet paid itself. It cracked but kept her noggin intact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Why the hell did they let her go down the rest herself

• Locked thread